WARNING. These common meds might give you permanent sex. dysfunction

Disclaimer: I absolutely DO NOT advocate for you doing anything that's against the law, including illicit drug use. Everything here is for educational and entertainment purposes ONLY.
Juicy3lf
Goal: £70k/yr

Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm

Tragedy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:38 pm
Juicy3lf wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:35 pm
@Tragedy

What do you think of having 17-beta estradiol of 156 and SHBG of 68?
I would need the range because every lab is different. I'm assuming that the first is 15,6 therefore in range but maybe the second is above average?
I need more context to comment.
Range estradiol
41.4-159 pmol/L

Shbg
18.4-54.1nmol/L

Does that help?
Stay 6 months consistent with hair loss regimen (1/6)
Fix sleep to be consistent with schedule
Sell motorbike and other stuff (make 2k cash)
Make first $1000 in a niched online business
Tragedy
Goal: Improving health
Motto: I want my last words to be "Once more!"

Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:17 pm

Juicy3lf wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:46 pm
Range estradiol
41.4-159 pmol/L

Shbg
18.4-54.1nmol/L

Does that help?
Yes, they are quite high. On their own, maybe they wouldn't be a problem, but if you're experiencing sexual symptoms (I remember you are), you gotta address them.

First thing, you should get more tests to see why they are high and check the status of other hormones.

You are clearly not obese, so let's rule out the most common reason. Another possibility could be inflammation (since you've had penis/nerve injuries in the past). The most common type is gut inflammation, known to cause high E2.

Nonetheless we are speculating, you need to do some detective work.
Details on my goals and progress: https://pastebin.com/2qsfC0sz
GoodLookingNerd
Goal: Regular crazy sex
Motto: Succeeding is the only option

Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:17 pm

My test results finally came in:

17 beta estradiol (ECLIA method): 228 (41-158) pmol/l

Free test: 0.674 nmol/l

SHGB: 17.6 (18.3-54.1) nmol/l

DHT: 0.51 (0.31-2.16) nmol/l

So my DHT is pretty low but could be lower which checks out with my current hair loss situation.
My SHGB is low and my free test and estradiol are both high, especially estradiol.

From my understanding low SHGB usually does result in higher test and est levels which also checks out.

My estradiol is however about twice the normal amount. Could this be a concern? I dont have any symptoms such as gyno or ED. Keep in mind that I have already been on finasteride for 3 years
Lay count: 15
Current goals I am working on:
- get laid and explore sexual dynamics
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
GoodLookingNerd

Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:27 pm

Second week on dutasteride 1mg/week, no noticeable changes so far
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
Tragedy

Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:14 pm

GoodLookingNerd wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:17 pm
Could this be a concern?
Hey man, sorry if I didn't see your message, my life has been quite chaotic.

How is it going now?

So, basically because finasteride lowers DHT, your body ends up with more unused testosterone. This extra testosterone can then be converted into estradiol, therefore your body's hormone balance shifts towards estrogen, creating an estrogenic environment.

With more estrogen around, your body's estrogen receptors get more activated. Over time, too much activation can lead to these receptors becoming less sensitive (aka downregulation). This desensitization can mess with a lot of estrogen-dependent functions in your body, from mood regulation to sexual health, genital sensation and so on.

On the other side, with DHT levels dropping due to finasteride, your body tries to compensate by making androgen receptors more sensitive to the androgens still available (like testosterone). That's because testosterone is very less androgenic than DHT, so you need more. This body "fix" can therefore lead to androgens receptor dysregulation.

Also the low SHBG means more free hormones, including estrogen and testosterone, that will be free to go around and mess with your receptors, so it's two side of the same coin.

This whole picture is, to the best of my knowledge, how PFS symptoms start. That doesn't mean you will get PFS, it totally depends on your genetics and epigenetics, and none can predict who will win this disaster lottery. Nonetheless I would SLOWLY restore back your hormones within range, especially estrogens.

PS: I will remind again that LC-MS is the only really reliable method for measuring estradiol in men. Yet ECLIA is still and indication on what we were expecting.
GoodLookingNerd

Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:51 pm

@Tragedy No worries, thanks for elaborating. Im feeling good, no changes in mood or anything except maybe an even higher sex drive. Now that I understand the full picture it does sound concerning. Ill be sure to keep an eye on any red flags.
For lowering estrogen, would you advice taking something of an antiestrogenic nature, or taking on some root cause (too little DHT)?
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
Tragedy

Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:54 pm

@GoodLookingNerd you could both try to lower DHT more topically and less systemically, or try to limit estrogens conversion/binding with anti-estrogenic supplements.
GoodLookingNerd wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:51 pm
maybe an even higher sex drive
Testosterone is the sex seeking hormone (proactively starting pursuing sex out of the blue) and Estradiol is the sexual arousal hormone (getting turned on physically once the sexual element is there). Obviously this is a simplification and it is also important their ratio, not just their absolute level.
Nonetheless is it indeed possible that estrogens make you more physically sensitive to sexual images and thoughts, if that is what you meant by higher sex drive.
GoodLookingNerd

Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 am

@Tragedy Yeah that makes sense. Due to regulations Ive only been able to get capsuled Dutasteride (so not pure tablets) which also contains some kind of gel. Do you reckon its possible to make a DIY topical solution? From what Ive seen dutasteride particles are small enough to penetrate the skin but in a gel solution it may behave differently
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
Tragedy

Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:02 am

GoodLookingNerd wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:12 am
Do you reckon its possible to make a DIY topical solution?
In principle yes, given you get a proper vehicle substance, but in practice its efficacy depends on the internal capsule composition, especially if dut is further embedded into microcapsules. This is a bit outside my expertise though, I would get the ingredients and ask someone in the chemical/pharmaceutical field :)