Book Rational Male by Rollo Tomassi?

Books, podcasts, YouTube vids and movies.
Lonely_Rottweiler
Name: Raph
Goal: Have a stoic mindset
Motto: Fall forward

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:03 pm

I can't find a physical and online copy of the book, do you guys have any insights or thoughts?
Goals for 2023:

Travel out of the city by myself or with friends:
Jan 28- Jan 29: Company outing

Read new books
How to get along Difficult people by William J. Diehm

Buy a condo for passive income
ovnidos
Name: Hugo
Goal: the pipeline
Motto: We're gonna make it brah

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:34 pm

I'll consider more the "the book of pook" tho but make your own opinion
Last edited by ovnidos on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
English isn't my first language be indulgent, lol

Giving personalized gym advices, nutrition and everything related, just pm me

Goal for 2023 :
10 lays(0/10) --> Online dating optimization

My log :
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1100
Lonely_Rottweiler
Name: Raph
Goal: Have a stoic mindset
Motto: Fall forward

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:23 pm

Thanks for the reply Ovnidos and Mattscrib. How did the book help you with relationships or anything?
Goals for 2023:

Travel out of the city by myself or with friends:
Jan 28- Jan 29: Company outing

Read new books
How to get along Difficult people by William J. Diehm

Buy a condo for passive income
nipple-flip
Name: Chris
Goal: self-actualize
Motto: do your best every day

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:26 pm

the best way to use "red pill" content is to keep the wisdom while discarding the demagoguery. The Rational Male is full of demagoguery and devoid of wisdom. I would personally recommend against reading it at all - it felt like a massive waste of my time. worse than that, if you read too much of this pseudoscientific psychobabble and get convinced that women aren't just people like the rest of us, you stop being able to connect with them authentically. if you're trying to get laid, this will directly impede your pursuit of that goal.

I would recommend the content in Andy's blog and podcast first. if you need a book, Models by Mark Manson is much better
29M

regular processes
- track sleep, calories, and protein
- lift weights
- solve medium/hard leetcode problems
- journal

less-regular processes
- complete two "grokking" courses
- read and take notes on DDIA

outcomes
- qualify for USAPL open nationals at 75kg (current bodyweight 151, S/B/D: 353/203/462)
Aspire2Greatness
Name: Thomas
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Discipline equals freedom

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:18 pm

I have read book 1, 2 and parts of book 3. This was a couple of years back and honestly, what @nipple-flip is talking about have made me re-consider the value of those books.

When I first read them, especially book 1, mentally it felt like I was shattering old perceptions on intergender dynamics. And to some extent I feel that it was necessary to do so - but if it was the best/healthiest way to go about it, I'm not so sure. Mainly because, like nipple is talking about, you can find your self viewing women as something other than human beings, as weird as that sounds. Like creatures that almost conspire against men on some emotional level etc.. Idk.

For what it's worth I've left behind reading most RedPill material, like the subreddit etc, simply because it wasn't really adding value to my life in any productive way.

Discovering Andys blog and this forum has been 1000x more helpful in terms of actually improving my life/mental health/understanding of women than reading The Rational Male did.
My progress log
Aka: I quit my dream job of 10 years and moved to the big city

Main goal: sleep with 10 women within the end of the year 7/10.

Previous main goal: Move to a bigger city
Jobs applied for in total: 5
09/20/22: Job landed
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Reading Book 1 of the Rational Male for me was necessary to break me from the fairy tale view of women growing up in a hardcore Christian household. Like everyone said here, it broke me free from my old perceptions of intersexual dynamic, but also like what @Hard2Focus says, I now look back and realize I gained some bitterness to women unknowingly just by reading and consuming Red Pill content.

Also would like to say Andy's blog was much healthier for me to kickstart me getting laid when he told me that getting laid should be both good for you AND the girl. Big breakthrough from that alone.

Rollo's book 1 is basically a compilation of his best blog articles (not sure about 2 -4 because never read them). If there was 1 article that was only helpful for me and I would recommend dudes to read, it would be his discussion about the peaks of male and female SMV. It was necessary for me because I never took full advantage of getting laid back in college, and the discussion was a more realistic explanation that what makes men attractive isn't the same as what makes women attractive. Just... filter off the toxic stuff when reading this article, and you're better off reading Andy's stuff.

Other Youtube channels helpful for male "Red Pill" stuff that isn't as toxic as the rest for me are Hamza & 1stman.
Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Fitness:
-) Cut to 56 kg, then bulk after

Sex Enhancement:
-) Bathmate & Kegels

Learning goals:
-) 10 books
-) more note-taking & reviewing of past materials

^^Lifestyle habit tracker can be monitored here.

Learning Chinese Mandarin:
-) Mandarin 365 Project, monitor here.

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:00 pm

Guys don't share intellectual property for free, publicly. This is not Reddit, nor a torrent site.

@Lonely_Rottweiler why are you lying? It's on one of the biggest online stores in the world, Amazon.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:49 pm

I have never read the book, and will stay away from that, and other Red Pilll content more broadly.

The risk of becoming anti-woman is quite significant when one engages with this sort of material. The younger you are, the greater risk you put your psyche at.

If one is to understand women and relate to them better, a healthier alternative may just to date them, spend time with them. and connect with them on deeper levels over time.

I'm back from date no.2 with a girl I met recently, and even in a short space of time, I have learned new things about male female relations and picked up on a lot.

Not having a subconscious lattice structure of strange concepts and frameworks is a great benefit.

When I was doing the PUA stuff in my early years, that weirdon stuff created total havoc in by brain. Thankfully, it has been forgotten!

Your call. But in general, these dudes are playing off the human tendency towards being drawn to strong emotions and drama. Not good for one's psyche.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:09 pm

Redpill spend too much time and energy focusing on problems over solutions

Its usually like -

1. Here is a problem you/I am facing
2. Lets rant about it for like 90% of the article/book/youtube vid
3. Ok heres 2 min on solutions but i wont give any specific advice, figure that out for yourself or you're beta

Theres some good redpill-adjacent guys who dont do this as much but not Rollo. He's the epitome of mental masturbation and he is openly proud of being the 'theory' guy.

@Crisis_Overcomer is that library project definitely illegal sharing. I've seen things like that which are legit
Striker
Goal: Lose fat

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:21 pm

nipple-flip wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:26 pm
I would recommend the content in Andy's blog and podcast first. if you need a book, Models by Mark Manson is much better
I've read the Rational Male a while ago and I'm reading Models now and I'd agree with this 100%. Models is actual practical advice and there's been multiple times while reading it where I've had lightbulb moments like 'oh fuck I never realised I was deficient in this but now I realise I am and can see how that would help'. The chapter on vulnerability summarised one of my biggest issues so perfectly and really opened my eyes to how it's held me back whereas before reading it I couldn't exactly pinpoint what I was struggling with and how to fix it.

Also feel like Models is geared way more towards becoming a better well rounded man (because women are attracted to better men) rather than Rational Male which felt like a lot of manipulation and theory that acts like women are some weird aliens you need to decode. Though I read that book a few years ago and may be mis-remembering it.

Andy's content and Models are in the same school of thought imo
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:28 pm

This was a good ass discussion

It is very good when men share their views and perspectives in this manner

Thanks all for weighing in I got value from it

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:03 pm

I read Rational Male two years ago and my consistent thought while reading was: if I just replaced "Feminine Imperative" with "Patriarchy" every time, I'd have the standard Feminist bullshit you'd see in a Gender Studies class
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:19 pm

I read both due to see it recommended so many times.

Rational Male - Interesting ideas and cultural analysis, but ultimately its garbage. Virtually no actionable information. There are some interesting insights into modern culture, but I'm not sure what utility they have other than serving as justification for bad actions.

Models - Ideas presented are far less novel, but far more practical. Almost all the advice is great and most everything is actionable. Downside would be it doesn't much into specifics, but given the format and size, not sure how it could. Ultimately, very good.