Tell me your site suggestions

Radical
Goal: 100 lays
Motto: Take drastic action

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 am

Did you remove the invite only bit then?

I think Karma is a good function btw but not a dealbreaker of course
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Writing full-time.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:56 am

Radical wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:17 am
Did you remove the invite only bit then?
I hid it for now (so yeah basically same as removing)
I think Karma is a good function btw but not a dealbreaker of course
I thought long and hard about this. More time than I'd like to admit. Problem with Karma is:

a) Negative karma. I know we used that on GLL to figure out who the "bad dudes" are but that's just the point - it's negative as shit. I don't think we should be punishing people for bad behaviour, but actually encouraging them/mentoring them for good behaviour, and helping them be better. If they don't listen, instead of negatively downvoting them, we/I will have a word with them (a polite warning). If they're still breaking rules, we'll ban.

b) I don't want ANY passive-aggressive shit on here; karma is exactly that. "Rather than actually telling this guy I disagree with him, I'll just give him negative karma". I myself did this, many many many many times - it's too tempting. So did a lot of other guys. I can't actually be bothered explaining to the guy why I disagree with him, but a downvote takes literally no effort, so I just do that instead. It's lazy, it's passive-aggressive, it's un-masculine as hell.

c) It's an extra thing to manage and an extra thing cluttering up the screen and adding more buttons. The less cluttered and less "busy" this site, the better. Remember I've literally deleted three fucking threads on GLL and had to pay the admin $340 AUD out of my own pocket to restore them. DashedHopes has also accidentally deleted a thread, because there's a shitload of buttons on the screen at once. Yeah that can't happen on my site (it literally asks you for confirmation AND there's a "trash bin" feature so you can restore deleted posts) - point is GLL is cluttered as hell and I think less of that is better.

d) Thanks works well enough - you're being rewarded for writing a good post and actually contributing something, rather than just "I like this person so I'll give them some karma." Which is how it's used on GLL.

Definitely open to discussing more though. If someone has a mind-blowingly good argument for karma we can talk about adding it. But it'd have to seriously outweight the negatives I wrote above - particularly it being a tool for negativity and it being passive-aggressive/lazy.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
PM me for 1-on-1 coaching
Radical

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:01 pm

Thats all fair

You are on many levels a more patient guy than Chris was

He encouraged at the start i think a more intimidating environment as a way to weed out the guys he considered not worth it

My read is also that the niche he initially wanted was not the absolute low level guys trying to claw their way up but the underachieving lads in the middle who could become elite

He pivoted a ton - he wrote the losing your virginity stuff later on for instance

Cant believe you had to pay for the restoration
KillYourInnerLoser

Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:28 pm

I'm glad you pointed a lot of that out, because I've wondered if anyone else noticed that my target audience doesn't 100% line up perfectly with good looking loser's. My mission from the start was "I want to show literally EVERYONE that it's possible to turn your life around - even the most hardcore suicidally-depressed virgins". I think because I started at the bottom (suicidal, fat, abusive relationships, zero friends, etc) I feel so strongly about helping guys going through the same shit. I care more about those guys than anyone else (of course I still care about everyone else). It kills me seeing anyone else go through the same hell I went through, and I want to do everything I can to help them.

I think because Chris started a little ahead of that - he was already good looking and very popular and very disciplined and very muscular - and even loved by women - before he even started trying to get laid. So he naturally empathises more with guys who already have their shit together a little bit. So of course he's going to screen for those guys - those guys are literally the ones he can help the most.

Chris was also better at helping the super-super-super-advanced guys than I am. Yeah to some extent my advice can help you bang some hot girls - but Chris was ALL about the hot girls. I'm targeting the absolute beginners, the intermediate and advanced guys.

Actually, I don't even think I believe that. You can say I'm targeting super-advanced guys; I have the 3some guide and BDSM advice and retention guide and open relationship stuff and all the super-kinky stuff, and once I figure out my finances in a year or two or three, I'll start writing about that too.

Re: restoration:
I should make it clear, I didn't *have* to pay for restoration. It was more like the admin said "it'll take me a couple of weeks, I'm ultra busy" and I said I'd pay him whatever his hourly rate was if he could do it ASAP. It was when I deleted my entire GLL log (and then did it again a second time....) He's a good guy, I don't want to make it out like he screwed me - he was willing to do it for free, I just would have had to wait several weeks.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Radical

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:05 pm

My only issue with a more open way forward is that im concerned that you may get a diluted version of the hardcore community GLL was/is

But I have a lot of faith in you and your vision so for sure im along for the ride over here
KillYourInnerLoser

Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Remember my philosophy is actually hardcore as fuck - "if you can't prove you're actually serious about improving yourself, you can fuck right off." Just because I target total newbies doesn't mean I target people who don't want to help themselves.

If anything, I plan to screen infinitely harder than Chris ever did on his forums - hence the "post in this thread saying you're serious + add an avatar" upon signup. I don't have time for people who take the piss. Not to mention, the more time I spend on Reddit, the more I realise I also don't have any time for people who are anonymous (no pic/proof they're working on anything themselves).
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

SIGMA_1234
Goal: Nomad Income & Pussy
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 pm

Hey Andy, not a site suggestion, but just curious as to what you used in this website? Did you use Wordpress? Django? Javascript?
Your friendly closeted pervert

Goals:
-) Job applications: 5/ day but minimum as 5/week
-) 30 mins. of Mandarin TV shows to improve Mandarin

COVID-19 Specific:
-) Weekly "gym" routine using resistance bands

Side Hustle to Digital Nomad Log
KillYourInnerLoser

Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:44 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:23 pm
Hey Andy, not a site suggestion, but just curious as to what you used in this website? Did you use Wordpress? Django? Javascript?
This forum is phpBB, using a (paid) theme called Milk. I've added a bunch of extensions, hacked the css and a few of the php files myself to get things how I want them.

My main site (the blog) uses Wordpress and the (paid) Blackoot Pro theme. Again with a bunch of plugins, a few I've modified to work better.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Wifty
Name: Ben
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Humble&aggressive

Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:10 pm

Would it be possible to drop the like button option at the end of the post rather than at the beginning at the top ?
Same for quote and edit.
KillYourInnerLoser

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:42 am

Wifty wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 6:10 pm
Would it be possible to drop the like button option at the end of the post rather than at the beginning at the top ?
Same for quote and edit.
I like this suggestion, but it'll be a fucking bitch to do. Agree it makes things better though.

I'll definitely do it - I've added it to the to-do list. Just know it'll be a very low priority and something I won't do for a while (because it'll be a pain to do).
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Radical

Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:00 am

Is it possible to make the thread name change based on last comment as opposed to manually changing the first post?

And are you looking to add users posting history on their profiles?
KillYourInnerLoser

Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:11 am

1) 1st suggestion: Maybe. Can't find anything from googling so far, so will put on backburner (added it to my todo list).

2) Yeah good suggestion, will do.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

Wifty
Name: Ben
Motto: Humble&aggressive

Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:40 pm

Would posting multi quotes be possible ?
Rufus
Name: Rufus
Motto: Sick sends only

Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:19 pm

Thoughts on a live chat window?
Can shoot the shit with whoever is online without creating an entire thread
Goals TLDR: Cimb better and get laid
AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:35 pm

Mobile version of the forum can be improved. Reading threads on mobile is exhausting because it's not intuitive to distinguish between different posts in a thread. Also very hard to see the difference between the post content, the "thank you's" and the signature. It's all the same typography and color.
2020 goals:
  • $50,000 in annual revenue - done, new goal $100,000
  • get 5 professional photos for online dating
  • cut down to 75kg
  • finish 30 books/audiobooks