Suggestion - Mentoring

Cilindric
Goal: Improve dating skills

Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:20 pm

Hi Andy,

I had a thought yesterday that might be interesting, though I have no idea if something like this works in a forum.

What do you think about implementing kind of a mentoring program on here?

What do I mean by this? An experienced member mentors and monitors one individual newbie via dedicated thread. The rookie can post something like daily or weekly reports and ask questions (depending on his particular goals). And the mentor will give qualified advise.

But It should be a public (or hidden) thread (not a pn thing or something), so that other members have a chance to learn something too (though they should not be allowed to reply on the thread).

Take this guy from the GLL forum for example, MasonV. I think thebastard or taylor could be good mentors for him. Every party could profit from such a mentoring-process, not just the kid who gets mentored I suppose.

This might evolve to something interesting, if it is done right.

But just a spontaneous idea.
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Writing full-time.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:26 pm

I really like this idea. Maybe we call it "Find a Mentor"and people post in there asking for a mentor, and someone jumps in and helps them.

This bit:
"[other people] should not be allowed to reply on the thread"

How come? I can see the benefits of only letting the mentor and mentee reply. But the issue with that is it becomes an "echochamber" - nobody else can ever point out anything the mentor/mentee might be doing wrong, or could do better, etc.

I can see arguments for both sides.
Andy / Australia
My Transformation

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
PM me for 1-on-1 coaching
Cilindric

Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Hm, I am not sure about this.

I guess if everybody can jump into the thread then it might dilute the whole effect of it.

There should exist a dedicated relationship between mentor and mentee. The mentor can even give some "homework" to his student.

"Make your homework until next week or don't bother to post here again" :)

Of course there are kind of "supervisors" like you Andy. Moderators and admins can post in any case of course.

But that are just random ideas. I never saw anything of that kind in other forums, so it might or might not work.
Last edited by Cilindric on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Radical
Goal: 100 lays
Motto: Take drastic action

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:05 am

One problem with this is the chosen mentor might just stop posting or not have the time to look at it because they are hardcore into their own journey for a period of time
Cilindric

Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Radical wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:05 am
One problem with this is the chosen mentor might just stop posting or not have the time to look at it because they are hardcore into their own journey for a period of time
Hm, I think that's an inherent problem of a self-improvement forum like this. But even on GLL there are members who posted consistently for years (not only moderators). Thebastard, NSA. You as well.

I think Thebastard would be quite happy with mentoring someone, for example.

Nonetheless I wouldn't implement it until this place is more or less established, i.e. with a significant number of serious members.

Just my 2c