Fat Loss Progress Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
SquirtingPikachu
Name: sp123
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Get it.

Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:22 pm

Svadhishthana wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:43 pm
You mean you have up halfway through the running session, or halfway through the program? Why?
I gave up halfway through the session. I'm seeing the end of this program, that I'm certain of, but I'm not gonna super-stack my day so I get burned out.

My 4 day split works like this...
2 days on
1 off
1 on
1 off
1 on
1 off

The couch25k program that I downloaded on my phone operates on me running three days within a week. So instead of super-stacking my workout and run days, I'll use the gym off days to get the runs in.
Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:46 am

Ok, cool, good adjustment. I would stick with that for now, but if you notice yourself getting progressively more tired as the days go on, or if you start feeling some tweaks in your joints, I'd consider combining the easiest running day and the easiest lifting day so you can have one day per week of full rest. Training makes you weaker, recovery makes you stronger. Keep at it!
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
SquirtingPikachu

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:12 pm

Committed to Couch25k, completed week 2 of 8 so I'm feeling good. Unfortunately, I passed my calorie cap. I know that in the beginning of this thread there's been many suggestions to prevent me from over-eating. From my observations, it boils down to laziness and unpreparedness.

If I don't take time to prep the meals, I'll be more tempted to eat out.
If I don't avoid liquor & convenience stores on my way to and from work, then I'll buy food there.

So I'll adjust these, sometimes it sucks but you do it.
SquirtingPikachu

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:44 am

My weight is 225lbs, I've gotten back to working out. Last week or so I fell off.
Svadhishthana

Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 am

Hey dude, it's good to see you posting this, because it keeps you accountable. But I have to notice - it seems like your weight is going up instead of down. To me, at least, this indicates a failure of your systems to produce change.

So it seems prudent to ask yourself - why is this happening? What can I change? What else can I try? Who can I ask for help?

Otherwise, typically, the same inputs lead to the same outputs.
Previous goals:
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
SquirtingPikachu

Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:55 pm

Svadhishthana wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:36 am
Hey dude, it's good to see you posting this, because it keeps you accountable. But I have to notice - it seems like your weight is going up instead of down. To me, at least, this indicates a failure of your systems to produce change.

So it seems prudent to ask yourself - why is this happening? What can I change? What else can I try? Who can I ask for help?

Otherwise, typically, the same inputs lead to the same outputs.
Weights going up cause I keep slipping up. Couple of depressive drinking episodes got me. I've started to leave my cards and cash at home to prevent me from just buying a tallboy and starting the cycle all over again. I've never had good financial discipline, so now is a good place to start learning that.
TimmyTurner
Name: Timmy
Goal: Lay Pipe & Make Mulla

Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:16 pm

SquirtingPikachu wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:55 pm
I've never had good financial discipline, so now is a good place to start learning that.
Same here, I've literally got shiny object syndrome when it comes to making purchases even though I'm an aspiring minimalist. In recent months I've given myself a monthly and weekly budget to try and curb my spending as much as possible but shit ain't easy.

Don't know if you have the option but I like to freeze my cards when I feel like I'm spending too much so I literally have to go through all the effort to unfreeze (usually gets me to think twice).
365 Project
  • 1 post a day to my log: 0/365

2022 Goals

Dating/Social
  • AA program (31st December)
  • 10 lays w/ all new girls (31st December) (5/10)

Financial/Work
  • Earn £500 p/m outside 9-5 (31st March)
  • Earn £500 p/m online (31st December)

Fitness/Looks
  • Bulk to 76kg w/ 2 mini-cuts (31st December)
  • 2 new tattoos (31st December)
  • Build a minimalist, fuck boy wardrobe (31st December)
Svadhishthana

Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:05 pm

Aw man, I've been there. For a while during covid I made it a habit to walk down to the grocery store and grab 2 tall boys and a frozen pizza. It was terrible for me and I knew it, but I just needed something to help me chill out. I would go on long walks, meditate, but it was this itch I felt like I needed to scratch.

Leaving cards and cash at home is a good idea. My favorite trick for bad habits is to schedule them. So I might have said "I'm gonna get a frozen pizza on Wednesday and Friday every week". Then on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, when I got that craving, I would just remind myself that I'd be able to fulfill it in just a day or two.

Those depressive episodes can be a bitch, man, I hope things lighten up soon.
Previous goals: