Mav's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Mav
Name: Mason
Goal: Level Up
Motto: There Is No Tomorrow

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:02 am

Radical wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:53 am
Chris had it done yeah?

I recall him talking about it. He was obsessed with rejuvenating his face for a while
Yeah Chris had fillers and botox done. I believe mostly on his smile lines and forehead.
dashedhopes
Name: Tristan
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:20 am

Piggybacking on the macros thing and going to offer an alternative opinion..

Protein is important, of course.

However, for someone relatively new to tracking, if counting is easy as you're doing then keep it that way.

Cause little things like that can knock someone off consistency. It takes time. That's why you shouldn't recommend a newbie to train every day or 5-6 days a week. You start them off at 2-3 days per week and try to keep them consistent because that's more important.

BUT.... If you're going to be doing 24 sets of pullups and 24 sets of chest, you 100% NEED more protein, otherwise that's purely overtraining.

I'm enhanced and have better recovery and I don't even hit that volume. Not because I'm not a hard worker but because it's pointless and won't provide extra muscle.

My suggestion (and it's just a suggestion, you're doing great) is to scale back a bit on the volume and then take that bit of extra time that you've shaved off from working out, to add in those calories. Protein is right there with the calories on a nutrition label so it won't take long to add up the protein as well.

I'd recommend 1gram - 1.5 gram of protein per lb of bodyweight.

So if you're 160lbs then I'd recommend 160-190grams of protein.

This is especially important with the little amount of calories you're eating, you need more protein in order to retain as much muscle as possible.

Either way, glad you're logging on here and can't wait to see your success. <3
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 1k Before End of 2022)
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:22 am

@KillYourInnerLoser I don’t really have an issue with needles so it wasn't a big deal. Feels like you're getting pinched for botox. For fillers, she numbed the area and didn't feel a thing after.

You can feel it underneath at first but after a day or so, it just feels normal. I only did it because I hated how much older the under eye area made me look.
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:27 am

@dashedhopes - Do you think I should aim for more than 2,000 calories a day? My job is pretty sedentary, so only real exercise is the workouts.
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:29 am

@KillYourInnerLoser - Thanks man. Next, want to work on my teeth but it'll basically take a year to pay for it all unfortunately haha. Luckily I can put a lot of it on 0% apr credit. Trying to figure out long term career/finances as well. Might be going back to school this semester and hopefully will be able to hit main goal of a ltr within the next year or two.
dashedhopes
Name: Tristan
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:37 am

I'm VERY sedentary as well. I sit for my job all day long.

My only "cardio" is sex lol.

I made a video recently about how cardio doesn't help reduce weight/fat loss.

I almost still don't even believe it but here I am losing weight steadily on 2340 calories with zero cardio.

2000 calories is very little and I'd only continue if you're not feeling hungry throughout the day.

You should be able to cut down without feeling extreme hunger. So I don't know how you're feeling.

If you're feeling quite hungry between meals then I'd recommend a re-up for a week. Eat 2500 calories for a week. After that, drop to 2400 calories. When you plateau, cut calories by 50-100.

If you're not that hungry and only feel shitty and hungry at the end of the day you can continue.

Then just do a re-up once you start feeling hungry a lot throughout the day if you want to keep going with the cut.

I'm cutting right now, and on 2340 calories I only get hungry at the end of the day, like right now while I type this lol.

I can only imagine once I get to less than 2200 calories I'm going to have hunger issues, especially as I approach sub 8% bf. Pretty close to that right now.
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 1k Before End of 2022)
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:42 am

@dashedhopes I don't get hungry on 2,000 a day typically. If I eat more, it's because I love food haha. Figured I'd need a lot ess than someone like you, especially with much less muscle mass and being 5'7... I'll have to watch the video. Figured cardio would simply by putting you in a bigger calorie deficit.
Last edited by Mav on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:10 am

I need a lot more work done than whitening. I tried the whitening strips before and for some reason, they just weren't long to hit all of my teeth for some reason. Will probably just get trays from the dentist. But I have a long ways to go before I even get to whitening. Need a crown, wisdom teeth pulled, invisalign to straighten my teeth.
terry_crews87
Goal: get laid/online dating
Motto: sucess is positive action every day

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:59 am

I know you know a tonne and are in great shape dashed but I dont think he needs that much protein. Especially if hes trying to lower his calories.

How much do you weigh MAV? Lets say looking at that picture you weigh 150 lbs (just using as an example) , I don't think you'd need more than 130 grams of protein and that is PLENTY. That old bodybuilding staple rule, was one gram of protein per LEAN pound of body weight. So if your 180 lbs at 30 % body fat you dont need 180 grams of protein. I made a lot of gains while keeping the fat off, now and in the past, getting about 0.8 grams, and even slightly less, per my lean bodymass. I weighed 175 and had abs at that point, and was only eating 120-130 grams of protein a day. Your fat doesn't count. I think everybody underestimates how much is muscle, and how much is water retention, glycogen, fat etc. People who think they are 15 % bodyfat are probably 25 or more.

Eating a lot of protein is tiring and a pain in the ass, and alot of times comes with a lot of extra calories from fat and carbs when you didnt even need that much to begin with. I know a lot of people disagree but I'd give it a shot. I've gained a good amount of fat eating all really healthy food and no alcohol just because I was going over my calories. Counting calories is fucking annoying at first but its actually really easy.

I'm not an expert, but try it, if it works its alot easier and easy to stick to your diet when your not always having to wolf down tonnes of protein. You don't need supplements to make great gains, but get some protein powder as its a great form of protein without extra carbs and fats in it.

For the love of God dude LOWER THE VOLUME. That shit is insane dashed is right 20 fucking sets of chin ups? What kind of intensity is that? You shouldn't even be able to move after 20 TOTAL sets in a workout of all excericises combined. I think if you upped the intensity and drastically lowered the volume you would get better results. Are you going to failure on these sets ?

Good for you dude I've been following your story a bit on here and gll and it sounds like your really putting in the effort now and your starting to get the results rock on buddy its only gonna get better and better for you
Mav

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:11 am

Hey, sometimes I was doing 80-90 sets in a day lmao. I weigh about 163-165 rn. I probably go to 80-90% on sets and gradually raise how many reps I'll do over weeks/months. One reason is because during covid, gyms were shut down and my dumbbells aren't the heaviest... like 36lbs each. For some exercises, that's more than enough. But a lot of exercises I can easily do that all day. Tried ordering adjustable dumbbells but Amazon never fulfilled the order. Regardless, it has toned me up a bit but just trying to find right calorie window and stick with it, so I can lose fat.
terry_crews87
Goal: get laid/online dating
Motto: sucess is positive action every day

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:21 pm

you have 2 dumbells that are 35lbs each? You can actually do alot with that. I'd put in a bunch of leg work if i were you. If your holding both dumbells thats 70 lbs, you can do a bunch of squat and lunge variations, step ups, step downs , use them like kettleballs and do swings, single leg deadlifts etc.
Last edited by terry_crews87 on Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:49 pm

terry_crews87 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:59 am
I know you know a tonne and are in great shape dashed but I dont think he needs that much protein. Especially if hes trying to lower his calories.

How much do you weigh MAV? Lets say looking at that picture you weigh 150 lbs (just using as an example) , I don't think you'd need more than 130 grams of protein and that is PLENTY. That old bodybuilding staple rule, was one gram of protein per LEAN pound of body weight. So if your 180 lbs at 30 % body fat you dont need 180 grams of protein. I made a lot of gains while keeping the fat off, now and in the past, getting about 0.8 grams, and even slightly less, per my lean bodymass. I weighed 175 and had abs at that point, and was only eating 120-130 grams of protein a day. Your fat doesn't count. I think everybody underestimates how much is muscle, and how much is water retention, glycogen, fat etc. People who think they are 15 % bodyfat are probably 25 or more.

Eating a lot of protein is tiring and a pain in the ass, and alot of times comes with a lot of extra calories from fat and carbs when you didnt even need that much to begin with. I know a lot of people disagree but I'd give it a shot. I've gained a good amount of fat eating all really healthy food and no alcohol just because I was going over my calories. Counting calories is fucking annoying at first but its actually really easy.

I'm not an expert, but try it, if it works its alot easier and easy to stick to your diet when your not always having to wolf down tonnes of protein. You don't need supplements to make great gains, but get some protein powder as its a great form of protein without extra carbs and fats in it.

For the love of God dude LOWER THE VOLUME. That shit is insane dashed is right 20 fucking sets of chin ups? What kind of intensity is that? You shouldn't even be able to move after 20 TOTAL sets in a workout of all excericises combined. I think if you upped the intensity and drastically lowered the volume you would get better results. Are you going to failure on these sets ?

Good for you dude I've been following your story a bit on here and gll and it sounds like your really putting in the effort now and your starting to get the results rock on buddy its only gonna get better and better for you
I agree with the protein - 130g is enough. I recently even read that eating too much protein causes inflammation. Plus, most protein sources are pretty unhealthy. You'd have to stick to grass-fed beef, eggs, and low-mercury fish if you also care about eating healthy. Most meats and dairy products (incl. Whey and Casein) are pure garbage because the animals they come from were fed with garbage as well.
Forticks
Name: Andrew
Goal: Build Power, Get Laid

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:01 pm

AGF wrote:
Most meats and dairy products (incl. Whey and Casein) are pure garbage because the animals they come from were fed with garbage as well.
Do you have a source for that?
Early 20s guy living in the US. I want to have an awesome live.
Goals:
Practice spanish daily
1/2 hour practicing guitar per day
1/2 hour reading per day
Do a home workout every other day while maintaining a deficit
AGF
Goal: $1,000,000 until 2025

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pm

Forticks wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:01 pm
AGF wrote:
Most meats and dairy products (incl. Whey and Casein) are pure garbage because the animals they come from were fed with garbage as well.
Do you have a source for that?
Drive to a "factory-farm" and see what the cows, pigs, and chickens are fed with. Usually, it's a mixture of antibiotics, genetically modified corn, dirt, bacteria, and their own feces.
Forticks
Name: Andrew
Goal: Build Power, Get Laid

Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:31 pm

AGF wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:18 pm
Drive to a "factory-farm" and see what the cows, pigs, and chickens are fed with. Usually, it's a mixture of antibiotics, genetically modified corn, dirt, bacteria, and their own feces.
I don't doubt they feed them garbage. But that doesn't necessarily mean that it'll affect the milk (which is pasteurized anyways) and me when I eat the whey. I'll look into it.
Early 20s guy living in the US. I want to have an awesome live.
Goals:
Practice spanish daily
1/2 hour practicing guitar per day
1/2 hour reading per day
Do a home workout every other day while maintaining a deficit