On the path to a better self

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
SpongeBob
Goal: Build a fulfilling life

Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:37 am

Weigh-in: 80.2kg

The weight is increasing, happy about that.

Today I underperformed in the gym. Had to drop my weight on all exercises, I still pushed myself. I'm cooked. Will do better next time

On a side note, removed all the app from my phone that sucked my attention. Instagram, internet, e-mail... The result is that when I pick my phone out of habit, I have nothing to do on it so I put it down. I'm spending less time on my phone and I'm already feeling a difference in my mental state.

Purchased and currently reading the Alchemist.

Meditation is somewhat consistent.

Tonight, got my improv class.

Slowly building positive habits and removing negative ones. I'll be better than I was yesterday, little by little
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:08 am

Yo bro!

Charisma and social freedom = 100% trainable

Its there in your brain, just gotta unlock it

I became WAYYYYYYYY more confident and charismatic and am now high energy as FUCK

Took a fuck tonne of work as you very well know ;-)

A guy who I learned a lot about "switching states" from was The Dom:

viewtopic.php?p=43525#p43525

You can lean into that brain state, and feed it, nourish it, and allow it to come out

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
SpongeBob

Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:20 am

Thanks MAC, yes, this is really trainable, I think I never really pushed myself hard enough to conquer my mental obstacle. A recurring theme in my life

-----------

Weigh-in: 81.2kg

I'm definitively seeing the difference in the mirror, even my girlfriend made a comment about it. I'm even impressed of how much I gained in 1 and 1/2 month, even though I know a lot of it is fat. I think I eat too much carb and processed food. I have 1 week of holidays before starting my next job, so today my objective is to finally have a good meal plan. Happy with the progress, but what the past has taught me is that it takes 2 weeks to loose everything, so I just need to be wary of my inner demons, that push me to give up.

I'm adding some stretching for my shoulder, because they're a weak point and it feels like they could break at some point. I can't do any shoulder exercises, and I've been dragging this issue for years now, and was always one of the excuses that I found to stop training at any point. Now I'm going to push forward, of course taking all the precautions necessary, but I won't let the fear of permanent injury stop me, only if I get really injured, then I'll stop.

I've finished the book the Alchemist that I started, and now I'm reading Never finished by David Goggins. This guy is an inspiration, when I listen to him and read his book, I just get so motivated to conquer my demons.

The past week or so, I've been having some reflections about my current relationship, and what I want in the future. I'm very conflicted. I love my GF and she's great on many level. We're aligned in life projects, she's funny, not the most beautiful but just above my beauty standard so it's good. When she puts make up she's really cute. She also has a growth mindset and works on herself, go to therapy, is humble. So I should just be happy with her and enjoy my relationship. Except that I have this feeling that's creeping up, and for some reasons, the last week, it has been hard to ignore it. My last therapy session and the books that I read made it come up. A feeling of dissatisfaction, of frustration, not because my relationship is not good enough and I believe I could do better, but because of something more insidious. I'm dissatisfied toward myself because I never conquered my real demons regarding of dating. I never got the success that I wished when I started my journey, because I always gave up when things got hard. And this is eating me up. I wanted to be able to get girls through cold approach, I wanted to develop myself as a charismatic guy, I had a high vision of myself and what I could achieve, but as the coward that I am, I never fulfilled that vision. Too afraid of rejection, too lazy, too afraid to fail... I feel like a weak man.

The thing is, it's not even about getting a lot of women. I don't really care about a high lay count, I never really even remember mine. My girlfriend satisfy me, there's no issue in that sense. So why does this bother me? There's something that the Dom talked about in some log (can't remember where) that I think embody what I'm looking for, what I lack: self mastery. I believe he's the one that mentioned that being good with women meant having self mastery, and it resonates with me on a deep level. I've never conquered my biggest fears. And in a way, I don't know if I can have a relationship where I'm fully committed without this "badge of honour".

And to be frank, it scares me. To go get this, I'll have to sacrifice my relationship. I'm not into open relationship at all, and I can't cater for a partner's need while trying to get other women. It just feels too much for me. So if I decide that I want to go on that path, I would have to breakup with my girl. Like jumping from an airplane without parachute. I don't know if that'll truly fulfill me, I don't know if that'll really make me happy, I don't know if the sacrifice is worth it. I don't know.

I needed to get it out some way or another. I'll talk to my therapist about it but for now, I'm not really ready to break up yet anyway. Not going to take any rushed decisions now.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:40 am

Great vid on some exercises to get rid of shoulder pain.
SpongeBob

Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:08 pm

Weight: 82.1kg

Progress in the gym is going pretty well. I can feel myself getting bigger. My pants fits more, my arms fits my sleeves a bit more. We're going to make it.

Started my job in my new company. A lot of things to go through, but so far so good. I want to use that opportunity to learn a shit ton in my field.

The future of my relationship with Russian girl is uncertain. It makes me sad because she's a really nice girl. But too many insecurities, we have some issues every week. She tries to work on herself but I'm tired of all this. We'll see
SpongeBob

Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:22 am

Weigh-in: 83kg

Reached a new ceiling. Never been that "heavy", and the cool thing, is that I'm not even forcing myself to eat big portions, I've figured my nutrition so that I can put in a lot of calories without having to stuff myself.

Started to do some weighed dips as well, I'm getting stronger in the gym.

Looking forward to see where I'll be at the end of the year.