Rottweilers' Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Lonely_Rottweiler
Name: Raph
Goal: Have a stoic mindset
Motto: Fall forward

Tue May 24, 2022 9:00 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:00 pm
Instagram is a magnifying glass.

Attractive lifestyle x Instagram = ++
Unattractive lifestyle x Instagram = --

Perhaps I don't completely understand the culture of the Philippines, but I'd say you should be pretty confident you're able to accurately portray an attractive lifestyle/image before even spending mental energy into thinking about it. Sidenote: many guys think they know what an attractive image is, but there are many layers to it.

At least in the US, you basically need something similar to this to make the magnifying glass work for you: https://www.instagram.com/alex.marshh/
Thanks, Man! Honestly @pancakemouse, I don't even know what our culture is. Like last year, I discovered that one-night-stands aren't exclusive to western countries only, I'm still learning what dating is.
Goals for 2023:

Travel out of the city by myself or with friends:
Jan 28- Jan 29: Company outing

Read new books
How to get along Difficult people by William J. Diehm

Buy a condo for passive income
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Tue May 24, 2022 10:14 am

KEEP WORKING KING

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Wed May 25, 2022 2:39 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:00 pm
Instagram is a magnifying glass.

Attractive lifestyle x Instagram = ++
Unattractive lifestyle x Instagram = --
Definitely agree with this, but I'd still recommend he do it, even if he still sucks, so he'd at least be exposed to what a good Instagram is. And over time, he'd be able to build on it. Better to start imperfect than not at all.
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Lonely_Rottweiler

Sat May 28, 2022 6:05 am

Brothers I have returned

Today, after 60 technical edits, I just sent my final-final-final manuscript to my instructor, God bless her. I don't know what to feel but I do know I'm tired and a little happy. So, I asked the girl I was with, the one who I approached while taking our driver's licenses, I asked her if she wanted to hang out sometime, She was unsure because she thought she was going to be out of town. so today her trip was canceled so we're going out today!

I'm kinda nervous, Hopefully, It will be okay

Raph
Goals for 2023:

Read new books

SIGMA_1234

Sat May 28, 2022 8:18 am

Lonely_Rottweiler wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 6:05 am
She was unsure because she thought she was going to be out of town. so today her trip was canceled so we're going out today!
Let us know how it goes!
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

$ Goals:
MakingAComeback

Sat May 28, 2022 10:17 am

GOOD WORK BROTHER

This is great. :)

How is gym and dieting going?

Style updates?

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

Lonely_Rottweiler

Sat May 28, 2022 3:56 pm

Brothers!
SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Sat May 28, 2022 8:18 am
Let us know how it goes!
I'm back from hanging out with a beautiful lady! Before the forums, I would've called it the best date ever, but reading the other guy's logs, hooking up left, right and center, made me feel inadequate. But you know, I'm still starting out. I shouldn't feel discouraged. I may not have gotten laid today,, but I did learn a lot of things today, and who knows,, maybe on a second or third date, I'll get somewhere.

We talked a lot, my highlight of the day was on the occasions when I made her smile and laugh, like when I said I looked like a k-pop idol only north Korean, and when she asked me "why did you approach me? I could've been a psycho" I immediately answered "hey! That makes two of us!". I also made paper cranes from the tissue napkins while waiting for her she told me that it's cute then I followed with " Thanks!, so are you!"

Then she brought up the topic on hooking up and she told me that she doesn't do that. I felt a little relieved and disappointed. relieved because I don't have to think of lines to get her on board with a one night stand and disappointed because I really thought it was possible to get on with her. But I told her that I did think of hooking up with her

I used one of Andy's advice "kiss me", I managed to slip that out saying "If I get drunk, it's okay if you leave me. just kiss me goodnight", She might have thought about it (?). our conversations turned to her friends and she has a LOT. like varsity basketball players and rich people in our city. I slowed down on the flirting seeing as, I couldn't escalate beyond pg-13 flirting

Before, I left I asked her if I was being creepy, but she told me "I can tell that you are a good person". She got on a taxi, we hugged and she was on her way to her friends. I felt bad because she was such a sweet girl and I felt like a creep trying to get in her pants, also she was chatting with the varsity basketball players while we we're hanging out, I don't have the right to feel bad, Maybe I'm just burnt out from my thesis or the fact that I'm a little sick today.
MakingAComeback wrote:
How is gym and dieting going?
It's going surprisingly well!, I can see veins in my arms and some shape on my butt, Dieting is good but now that I'm done with my thesis I can have time to prepare my own meals for maximum muscle growth. I'm also considering creatine
MakingAComeback wrote:
Style updates?
I'll need to buy more jackets or maybe some form fitting shirts. Also trying to rock an accessory but I just looked silly

Next week, I planned a wall climbing trip (all by my self though) to decorate my social media and to get a life

Raph
Lonely_Rottweiler

Sun May 29, 2022 11:00 am

Brothers

I don't think I deserve to rant about being in self-improvement I three years and still can't speak to another person on a date, So to stop myself from dwelling on yesterday, I will instead use "fire up my ass" according to @SIGMA_1234, (what does that mean? is that like a Charmander joke?), I feel shitty, Like the same way I felt in high school, Still, my goals are still possible this year

Raph
Goals for 2023:

Read new books

SIGMA_1234

Mon May 30, 2022 1:53 am

Lonely_Rottweiler wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 11:00 am
I will instead use "fire up my ass" according to @SIGMA_1234, (what does that mean? is that like a Charmander joke?),
Uhhh not a Charmander joke, but for me it's the feeling of having a sense of urgency & a strong drive to keep moving forward, because the other option for me (regressing or stagnating) is worse than death. So this is the mindset I embody when I say "fire up my ass" in self-improvement/ anything I do.
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

$ Goals:
Lonely_Rottweiler

Mon May 30, 2022 10:03 am

Brothers

Today I was told that my thesis manuscript didn't make it in time and that I had to re-enroll the subject the next year, I can't cry in front of my family so forgive me if I use this forum to vent. Last week I told my family that I was graduating in architecture and that was the first time I felt that they were so proud of me, I don't know what to do.

The last time I felt this way was when my ex broke up with me and was replaced in just a week, I'm starting to think maybe everything she said was right. I tried to kill myself six times because of her, but I never went through with it because I still need to take care of my grandmother, but this feels different I feel like I let my whole family down. nothing in my life seems to work. every relationship I had failed, my friends all left, I failed my family and I failed architecture. A course that isn't even appreciated by my country.

I lost all my will to live today. I thought something finally went right in my life only to fail again. I complied with the 56 issues they had with my manuscript, and they sent more problems and I also complied with those, only to learn that I don't matter in the end because I failed either way. Everything I do feels like a failure

Like my last date, I must've made myself a fool in front of her, I can't relate to people my age because they're turned off by me. My friends left and never spoke to me again after high school, and I never made any friends in college, just guys borrowing paper or pens, and the people who seemed kind just tolerated me.

I don't have a backup plan or think of anything to be positive about right now, I can't even look at my phone because people are looking up to me for answers that I don't know. I can't kill myself because no one else in my family can carry my grandmother to bed, but my family doesn't deserve a failure like me. I wish I could've made them proud once
Goals for 2023:

Read new books

Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Mon May 30, 2022 11:57 am

Hey man,

You mean that they won't even review your thesis because you gave your manuscript too late ?

I did read most of your log and can often relate to what you feel. Some days feel like life isn't bearable anymore, but please, PLEASE, don't sabotage yourself.

Shit happened and today you feel like you lost it all, but the hopelessness you feel won't last forever. You showed that you are willing to work hard to change your life and to reach your goals, so as long as you don't quit, you will eventually succeed.

I have no doubt that you will reach your goals, even if it will take more time than what you initially planned.
Lonely_Rottweiler

Mon May 30, 2022 12:34 pm

I was just told that my manuscript wasn't reviewed and passed to our dean on time, I don't know what to do next
Goals for 2023:

Read new books

Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Mon May 30, 2022 7:30 pm

Oh okay that sucks hard, but are you sure you can't contact someone to help you in this situation ? They can't just ignore your work like that, can they ?
Lonely_Rottweiler

Tue May 31, 2022 5:54 am

Lord Rey wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 7:30 pm
Oh okay that sucks hard, but are you sure you can't contact someone to help you in this situation ? They can't just ignore your work like that, can they ?
I just tried to appeal to the school, but It's just too much school politics going on. Hopefully, they'll give me a consideration. I can't even look at my grandmother properly without crying.

Today I spent my time learning some ring workouts with my normal workouts, to keep my mind off of school.
Goals for 2023:

Read new books

MakingAComeback

Tue May 31, 2022 6:36 am

Lonely_Rottweiler wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 10:03 am
Brothers

Today I was told that my thesis manuscript didn't make it in time and that I had to re-enroll the subject the next year, I can't cry in front of my family so forgive me if I use this forum to vent. Last week I told my family that I was graduating in architecture and that was the first time I felt that they were so proud of me, I don't know what to do.

The last time I felt this way was when my ex broke up with me and was replaced in just a week, I'm starting to think maybe everything she said was right. I tried to kill myself six times because of her, but I never went through with it because I still need to take care of my grandmother, but this feels different I feel like I let my whole family down. nothing in my life seems to work. every relationship I had failed, my friends all left, I failed my family and I failed architecture. A course that isn't even appreciated by my country.

I lost all my will to live today. I thought something finally went right in my life only to fail again. I complied with the 56 issues they had with my manuscript, and they sent more problems and I also complied with those, only to learn that I don't matter in the end because I failed either way. Everything I do feels like a failure

Like my last date, I must've made myself a fool in front of her, I can't relate to people my age because they're turned off by me. My friends left and never spoke to me again after high school, and I never made any friends in college, just guys borrowing paper or pens, and the people who seemed kind just tolerated me.

I don't have a backup plan or think of anything to be positive about right now, I can't even look at my phone because people are looking up to me for answers that I don't know. I can't kill myself because no one else in my family can carry my grandmother to bed, but my family doesn't deserve a failure like me. I wish I could've made them proud once
It's not that cut and dry.

Deadline: was this clearly communicated? You clearly worked diligently and completed the adjustments, corrections etc. You must press on and go through the academic appeals process.

Do you have a Student Union? Contact them, get in touch with the Advice Centre, and raise an enquiry about your situation.

Do you have a thesis supervisor who you can speak to? Make an appointment ASAP. Tell them you want to appeal this decision.

Apply for extenuating circumstances if you have to, have the deadline adjusted on mental health grounds or something.

There is always a way. In University I was going through my first bout of health problems and I had thesis submission extended. Which they did, no problem. There is an academic adjustment period which occurs after the summer in most Universities, where students can submit things if they have circumstances which mean they were impacted. You will need to start thinking about a story dude and weave this into your dialogue so you can broach the topic of extension.

Go down the route of an extension or extenuating circumstances. Contact your Student Union, your supervisor, any academic coaches. Get clarity on the appeal process and appeal the decision for your deadline.

There are solutions in life, you're just panicking which is very natural. Stay calm, take action, and explore possible solutions.

The rest, my dude, will fall into place.

Help me understand: Was the deadline clearly communicated? Did you have a concrete time and date it had to be submitted by? And did you legit submit it late?

The rest of your post, we can address.

I failed many times in my life dude due to a mixture of terrible life circumstances and also being very fucked up as a human being. No matter how much life grinds you into dust, and how fucked your head gets from the shit life throws at you, ultimately everything becomes fuel for the fire, for your transformation, for the epic, epic success that is possible through the pathway of self improvement.

You can come from the back, behind everyone, and catch them all through sheer grinding my man.

But that isn't the discussion for today.

Press on, keep seeking advice, and get some form of adjustment put in place so you can have your thesis graded. If you have to explain you've been experiencing poor mental health in this period, and you have to cite your suicidal ideation and the trauma you're working through (don't give details), so be it. You can get some form of adjustment put in place, there are ALWAYS arrangements Unis can make....

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi