Toast's Japan CA log - Reflecting on 6 Months of living in Japan

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:47 am

haha fuck im so bad with resistance, so seeing you do more of these kinds of lays is really valuable

would be cool if you could also post the approach interactions along with the date+lay reports with those girls btw
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:56 pm

Had a date on the 28 with a nice girl. Went to a cafe actually had a really good conversation and we vibed pretty well. Pulled home but didnt take any action. Not cuz i was scared or anything like that. Put my arm around her waist and watched a show for maybe 20 or so min and then she had to leave to go meet her friends afterwards. in like 2 weeks she said she would be available again and would show me a good ramen place.

Date on the 29th with a boring chick. Complete polar opposite of the first chick. Conversation was stagnant. She didnt really reciprocate any of the conversation. Was complaining she was tired the whole time . Also before the date she said she didnt have time. And then out of no where she's like ok we can meet. Tried to pull home to my place. Said she didnt want to ride the train. Tried to walk her home which is like a 20 min walk. She initially agreed but complained she was hungry, even though she said she wasnt hungry at the first cafe we went to. Got some sandwiches after wards and she bounced home. Told her we should meet again when shes less tired and she said sure lets hang out again some time.

Last chick i smashed actually replied to a message i sent her. After like 3 days of no response. Completely figured she would ghost forever because of how aggressive i escalated on our date. But i talked with a friend and the non-receptiveness, in his head, is a result of the chicks defense mechanism for personally not feeling like a slut and hooking up on the first date. Going to ping her to hang out again eventually.

Date for tomorrow was scheduled maybe a week ago. Pinged her tonight with a time and place. No response yet. She also didnt respond to my last text. We shall see how that goes.

As for approach. Tonight after school i ate a fuck load of chicken and had a huge beer. Was feeling super bloated and gross. Was going to go hom and take a nap but said fuck that and dropped my bag in a locker and started approaching. 31 approaches 2 lines aquired.

Notable approaches were as follows
Chick waiting to cross the street i open and say hi.
then i say ああ~おなかいっぱい。たくさん鶏肉を食べだった。
(ahh im so full. I just ate a lot of chicken)
she laughed and i said i was a language student studying Japanese.
I came to japan on april 6th. She was surprised and welcomed me to japan
asked what she was doing.
meeting a friend in 7 min (very exact time lol)
said lets grab a drink while she waits for her friend
no time
ok
lets exchange
line aquired

Last approach of the night
Walking to grab my bag out of the locker
Key has a bunch of kanji i recognize except for the last one.
Chick is walking behind me
turn around and say
すみません
質問があります
この漢字は何です
池袋西口地下?
Shes like yah thats what it says
im like よっしゃー!
ありがとう。私は日本語の学生。沢山漢字が読まない。
she then fumbled in her bag for something i dont remember
i commented on how she had like 3 empty bottles of tea in her bag and she laughed
asked to exchange line
Line acquired

Interactions like these are definitely what im aiming for. Its way more interesting than youre cute. hows your day. what are you doing
i can express and have amore interesting conversation and show im a normal human being who can speak some Japanese. I still struggle to start up interesting conversations.

My friend and I were talking about this issue as well. How the charm of being a foreigner is annoying and we want to break out of that mold. being able to communicate your feelings with limited japanese is difficult and a lot of the lays come from the gaijin charm. Thats not to say i wont still use this tool in my bag. but to score the truly hot japanese chicks. Some level of interesting communication needs to happen to show that i have something to offer to them. Extremely hot Japanese chicks dont need the attention from foreigners because their life is content being pampered by japanese men. So a dirty white monkey means nothing to them.

Japanese conversation skills are getting better by the day. Nice compliment i got from a sensei was when we were talking. She asked what class i was in and guessed i was in a grade above what i was. So all this nampa shit is helping my conversation skills. but my reading and comprehension skills are lacking. so i need to make up for that with being more diligent with my studies.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
Toast

Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:27 pm

Been absent from the forums for a while but im not dead yet lol

Took some time off to collect my thoughts about what im really doing here in Japan.

Number 1 problem that was on my mind was the thought that ive been here for almost 6 months and I havent really gotten any closer to figuring out how im going to stay here long term. Also lat time i went out to approach these same thoughts popped into my head and distracted me. So i needed to take a break and really think about what im doing here and what needs to be done.

So i took the weekend off from hanging with friends. and holed myself up at home to think and figure out shit.

This is the conclusion i came to. Nothing ground breaking but it helps me reorganize my thoughts and actions that need to be taken.

#1 - Finding a job that leads into a working sponsorship visa is #1 priority.

Above all else this is what keeps me in Japan. Which is the most important goal. Learning Japanese and smashing hot Asian chicks can happen for a long as I want as long as im living here in Japan. So its the most important thing on the list.
Along with this is finding a job right now that can lead into a career or some sort of visa. I plan to try and apply to many jobs over the course of the next few weeks. As well as search for new leads on jobs that can sponsor visas that may not be as known of.
Right now i applied to be a language teacher for a kindergarten. This specific job doesn't offer visa sponsorship, but having some sort of teaching experience is a good transition to a position that does offer a visa.

Once i find some sort of job and start working this will alleviate a lot of my issues surrounding living in Japan. I have no income and my bank account is just dwindling as time goes on. So this piles on the stress as the end date for my visa comes closer and closer.

#2 - Learning Japanese to a level where it benefits finding a job
Directly connected to goal #1 but not entirely the same. Improving my Japanese to a level where it contributes to my job hunt is a huge component of my ability to stay here in Japan. Right now the job choices are limited with essentially my only skillset being Native English speaker. If i am able to improve my Japanese and Pass the N3 or N2 test this is a legitimate qualification that can attribute to me finding a job in Japan. There's a lot of jobs that require a Basic or Conversational level of Japanese. ie, N3 or N2. This isn't goal 1 because i can find a job with my current Japanese and skill set. But the better my Japanese gets the more jobs i can apply for.

#3 improving my sex life via CA and Online
Right now im comfy, but the reg i have is somewhat boring. She's a nice girl, and lets me fuck her every time i see her, but i want more. I still haven't gotten those bucket list girls and that's one of the reasons I cam to Japan. Cute maid girl, Gyaru, Jirai kei chick, above knee socks with short skirt, The list goes on. This is the bottom goal because if i don't achieve goal 1 or 2 then there's no possible way of achieving goal 3. I'm fine coasting with the easy sex i have now because it allows me to focus more on the first 2 goals.

Big BUT

Goal one and 2 dont happen over night. So this isnt to say i cant still go out and CA and do online and Date. I juse need to be smart about it. Main focus will be on finding a job and learning Japanese. but CA and Online will be more of a 2nd or 3rd task on the list of importance. Like if i really need to study all night and cant approach thats fine. I dont need to do it every day and night. Maybe only a couple times a week. But i dont want to let task 1 and 2 completely remove me from approaching cuz thats just silly.

Again this is nothing ground breaking and its honestly very simple. But i hadnt taken the time to really think about it and try and find a path way to success. or even a slight idea of what i wanted. A lot of what i have been thinking about has been lofty goals like "live in japan, bang hot chicks" but now i have a more concrete idea of what i need to do and what can be done.

Ill be posting more here with Japanese related stuff and Cold approach. so its a mix of just life here in Japan to track what i have done and what im lacking.

So far what ive done to progress towards my goal of obtaining a job is:

Apply to Sesame St English Teaching school
Created a Work profile on Gaijinpot Jobs
Discusses with my school advisor about 2 potential Visa sponsorship jobs

Cold approach and online:

Literally pinged like 20 chicks with the same spam message about how its autumn break next week and im free.
swiped on bumble.
Im gunna upgrade my profile eventually. but this is a task that's less important.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:58 am

Date report:

Met this chick 8/10
Back and forth until today to schedule a date.
She lives like an hour away and only gave me around an hour of time for the date.

We went to a cafe
talked about random stuff. She finished her drink fairly quick so i asked if she wanted to go watch anime at my house and she laughed and said no. Only had like 30 min of time left at this point. So we played crane games for a bit. When she was leaving i asked when she had free time but she said she didnt know cuz of work.

So date. no pull. oh well

Just getting in my milage for the date. Potentially I could schedule D2 with more time next time. We shall see.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:34 am

Surprise date right after the first no pull 1 hour date.

Previously matched with a chick on bumble. She messaged me that she was free that night. So we had some back and forth about where to meet up and ultimately ended up in her neighborhood. only like 15 min away from me so no big deal to pull home. Got a drink at craft brew place and then talked about my favorite bar in my neighborhood. So after the drink we took the train back to my area to go to my bar. Place was packed so we grabbed a drink next door. Tried to pull home by asking if she wanted to watch a movie. And she called me out saying yah lets "watch a movie" i know what that means. She said she's not that kind of girl and doesn't move that fast. Asked if i was bummed that she turned me down. I said no why should i be. She asked if i wanted to leave. Told her i'm down to hang some more. So we went back to her area and grabbed another drink at a cheap cocktail bar. After that we walked and grabbed a drink at the convenience store and walked around a bit. Kinda dumb how the events turned out but maybe it was for the better cuz i was being spontaneous.

She was dropping clues she liked me and was into me the whole night. Saying I was cute, or i was good looking. So there was some sexcual tension in the air. She knew for a fact i wanted to fuck that night cuz i tried to say ok, lets go to ur place now but she denied me. so that was 2 attempts at pulling to somewhere with the notion of fucking being the end goal.

After we were done drinking it was 1030ish. I have a job interview the next day so i said. ok when are u free next i think its time for me to go. She was like well i have a company trip next weekend so maybe next month or later tonight. I was like okkk. lets go to ur place to "meet ur bunny." She has a bunny we had previously talked about. She agreed so we caught a cab to her place.

I played with her bunny for a little bit while she cleaned up and then we got in bed cuz it was getting late. She asked if i wanted to share her bed or sleep on an air mattress and i said of course i wanna share ur bed. As soon as we were in bed i started kissing her and grabbing her ass. She wanted to turn the lights on so we continued after i did that. fucked for a bit and then after we were done we cuddled in bed.

She wasnt sleepy so we played a japanese word game. I was fingering her the whole time and she was super wet. She was also stroking my cock as well. Eventually she started blowing me. Gave pretty good head too. Then we started fucking again. Good japanese practice and good sex lol

Funny how thigns work out. First no pull, then randomly get pinged for a date and pull to her place and hook up
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:31 am

Yesterday marks the day that I have been living in Japan for 6 months now.
Crazy how fast time flies. Figured I should write some sort of self reflection on what I've done, what I could have done better and my experiences so far.

My goals when I came to Japan on April 6th 2022 were pretty simple:
Fuck hot Japanese girls
Learn Japanese
Experience real life living here

To keep this a little more organized rather then randomly babbling nonsense like I normally type ill break it down into these 3 categories.

Learning Japanese
School started off extremely slow. Class began with learning Hiragana and Katakana and extremely simple Japanese. Like hello, my name is Devin, I like girls. Ect. So pretty much I fucked off from school and coasted for the first couple months, never really studying, never really doing homework, and passing the class based on what the lesson was that we studied in class, and what I already knew. Only until maybe the last month of the first quarter did class actually have any valuable grammar that I didn't previously know. But even though its new stuff. It was not really useful for actual conversation.

This is a reoccurring though about Japanese Language school as a whole, and ill get more into that later.

At the end of the first term we had a JLPT N5 sample test. I essentially scored the exact same as i had on a practice test before I had come to Japan. So almost no progress with learning Japanese for the first 3 months of living here.

What experience I gained concerning Japanese was my ability to speak and formulate ideas with the Japanese I already knew. Since I was doing a lot of approaching outside of school. I was getting tons of practice formulating sentences and finding work arounds to explain the things I wanted to talk about. As well as becoming comfortable speaking nonsense and just trying to get the other person to understand my limited Japanese. This is probably the most valuable thing I did in the first 3 months. Just getting over the fear of speaking and sounding dumb. Probably one of my strengths is not giving a fuck about looking dumb and just doing shit. Definitely attribute the AA program to this aspect of my life. I've done way more cringy and dumb things then trying to compliment a chick in Japanese.

2nd term starts and its still considered the beginner class, but there's tons more Kanji, vocab, and more complicated grammar. TBH i still didn't really study that much, and didn't do all of the homework. I just coasted of my ability to absorb information in class and my test taking skills to pretty much pass all the tests with around a 70%. At this point the Japanese grammar being taught is a little more useful for stringing together sentences and making more complex ideas. But still not really totally useful for conversational Japanese. At this point I'm still doing some approach, lining up dates, and speaking Japanese outside of class. 2nd term ends and i still feel like i haven't gained much in terms of speaking ability but my understanding of Japanese grammar is a bit better. Started actually doing more studying this term but not nearly enough. Took a sample JLPT N4 test and passed. So there is some tangible progress being made.

Personally I think of going to language school as a vessel to get into Japan. You can and will learn Japanese in class, and being forced to go to school for 3 hours and being exposed to the language is a good thing. But I think that the structure of the class is not great. Depending on what your goals are for the Japanese Language class structure is a bit incorrect for learning conversational Japanese.

For me I don't give a shit about learning polite Japanese, which is what is coming up at the end of the next term. Its essentially useless to me. Unless i get a job in a position where in talking to people who are a higher authority then myself. I'm literally never going to use this. As well as the school starts you off learning the MASU form and then making you conjugate everything into the dictionary form. When Learning dictionary form and then conjugating into the MASU for or regular form seems like a much easier transition. I think that the exposure to the language every day is what is most valuable about going to a language school. As well as essentially its just give the school money and they give you a visa. Ezpz

The things I do appreciate about school is the friends I've made. They have made life very enjoyable and I've had many fun experiences with the people I've met here. But that doesn't contribute very much to my language learning journey. Its more of a life thing.

All in all, I think that if I could do things over again with this school. I would probably say fuck the curriculum and self study more about the things I want to do with the language, actually becoming conversational, and just coast in school with barely passing grades to keep my visa status. Use the school as a place to test the things I've learned on my own and use it as a place to practice my speaking, reading and listening skills.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:52 am

Experiencing Life in Japan
As of now I still don't really feel live I've experienced true life living in Japan. I have been coasting off savings, and haven't worked for 6 months. Its been nice traveling, drinking with friends, and fucking hot Japanese women. But at this point its not truly a Japanese life experience.

But I do think I've learned a lot about what its going to take to stay and live in Japan long term.
I've found out that the cost of living in Japan, and in Tokyo, Is actually not as crazy expensive as people make it out to seem. Coming from San Francisco and having all my money be in USD. The exchange rate for my money has been amazing, and cheap as well.
My rent per month is $550, and with the Japanese Yen declining the most it has in a long time. My dollar goes way farther and my rent cost goes down as well.

Utility bills are pretty cheap. I pay probably ~$40 a month for Gas, Electricity, and Water a month.
My phone and Internet bill are about the same ~$40 a month.
Health insurance was $150 for the entire year cuz it is subsidized by the government.
There is a national pension everyone living in Japan needs to sign up for but you can get it waived if you do not have income.
Food can be quite cheap as well. I just buy a 10kg bag of rice for like $15 and it lasts me fucking forever. As well as chicken and eggs are really fucking cheap here. 10pack of eggs costs $1. So if u cook at home its really fucking cheap.

Where a lot of my money has gone is going out partying and drinking with my friends. Drinking in japan at bars or izakaya's can be expensive. Some of the places we go the shots are 10bucks each. Clubs are more expensive for men to get in to. Like $35 for guys and $15 for girls.

First couple of months here my friends and I were clubbing every weekend and drinking until 5 am quite regularly. So a decent chunk of change went into that. Now we've transitioned to going to places that have 2hr all u can drink and eat for ~$35. Much more cost effective.

I still try to keep my dates cheap as possible. Go to a café and get a coffee for like $4. Maybe grab a beer after from the convenience store for $1. Walk around and then pull home. Or go to a bar and have like 1 drink and then try and pull home.

Life in Japan so far has been extremely fun. The convenience of everything is hard to beat. Train system is perfect. Trains are essentially never late. Buses are very efficient as well. Taxis are a bit pricy, but they're everywhere and also very convenient if ur smashed at 3am and cant take a train home.
One thing that sucks about the train system is that last train is around 12:30am and starts up again at 5am. Although this is annoying it creates an interesting societal aspect of people just getting hammered all night cuz they're stuck in the place they missed the train. Its very fun to meet the random Japanese people at 3am who are hammered just trying to have fun. As well as chicks who've missed last train and are looking for a fun guy to spend the night with are easy lays.

11pm is the golden hour for picking up some chicks cuz they're done partying with their friends but maybe don't wanna go home. So if u cool and can show them a good time they will stick with u and u can smash.

There's a million convivence stores in Japan and they're actually good. Not like the shit 7/11 in America. 7/11 here has good food, its cheap and they're open 24/7. Want ramen at 4am, a beer at noon, extra socks, laundry detergent. 7/11 got ur back.

Its hard to beat the convivence of Japan. This aspect of life is amazing
So far I really have nothing to complain about with my life in Japan. My apartment is small, but its cheap and I don't need much space. I live close enough to a major transfer station that hot chicks are everywhere. There's good food near me. My school is close enough to ride my bike to if i wanted to. Got good friends who are nice and fun to hang around. Life's good right now.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:16 am

Fucking Hot Japanese Chicks

Probably wont go into too much detail here since my log already detailed almost everything, but ill give some thoughts on what I've done and what could be done better.

I think so far I've been decently successful with Approaching and Dating in general.

10 lays so far
3 came from Online
1 from school
6 from Cold approach. 2 of them were same night lays - Approach and then pull home and smash

I've gotten laid here in Japan more then I did in my whole life in America. I think. I don't remember my numbers from the states but it wasn't amazing.

Approaching here in Japan is quite different from other places. The whole approach culture is literally baked into society and has been for a long time. Dude have been approaching chicks since samurai were a thing. So the approach culture is something that is normal for Japanese people. Chicks get bothered all day from scouts looking to hire them to be models, prostitutes, etc. Girls guards are naturally higher depending on the area ur walking in. Some places are known for having extremely high guards. Shibuya, and Shinjuku for example. Party areas with extremely hot chicks, but they have extremely high guards. Ikebukuro where I live, is generally easier to talk to chicks, but that 10/10 chicks is more rare. So u pick ur battles lol.

Also its extremely common for chicks to literally ignore ur entire being even though ur talking to them. They will just keep walking eyes forward without even glancing at you. Like you literally don't exist. Its a completely normal interaction.

There are some nuances that are a bit different from what i used to do in San Francisco. Calling a chick cute is basically the worst opener u could say. Its boring, chicks hear it all the time, and uncreative. The best interactions I've had were when i was being spontaneous and interesting. Almost dumb to a point. Like asking if a chicks ripped jeans were destroyed because of her laundry machine. Or saying I'm so full of chicken cuz i just ate at a restaurant. One chick was holding a beer and i just told her i was really thirsty and i wanted her to give it to me. She thought it was funny and gave me a sip.

Another thing that is different is literally walking next to a chick and just saying random shit until she responds. Like she might not respond at first but glances at you, so she's listening. if u can make her laugh the conversation starts from there. But maybe u said like 5 other things with no response before that. So learning when to eject from a conversation and not ejecting too early is something that's a bit different.

I think a lot of the success I've had here in Japan is due to the foreigner charm. Japans been close for 3 years. There's less foreigners in the country so I'm a bit more rare then when tourism was booming. And mix that with Japanese chicks who are interested in white guys, that makes me more attractive. That being said, just being white or a foreigner wont get u laid. There is some work to be done on my end. But it is a factor to consider and also something that really never changes as a white guy in Japan. I'm always going to be the white guy in Japan.

Currently my focus is mostly on securing a Visa and learning Japanese.
Rn I have 1 reg I've been seeing pretty regularly. A 2nd girl who I'm probably going to smash tonight and will become a reg. A 3rd who lives really far away but were still in contact and ima see her in Saturday. 4th chick I've hooked up with 3 times but now she seems to be falling off. Been trying to get her to come out but she never giving me a concrete day to meet up. And I just went on a date with a Chinese chick so ill try to smash her as well lol. Rn I'm doing alright in the girl department.
So ill try to juggle these chicks while i focus on more important things then getting laid.
Online dating is something i do passively. I can score dates every now and then basically with no effort so if i wanna get laid while I'm focusing on my self and my own goals. Ill keep doing online.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log