Upstart's AA Program Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Upstart
Name: Ken
Goal: BEAT AA
Motto: Surpass one's self.

Tue May 31, 2022 3:54 am

Okay, day 12 done.

I notice myself cringing at times. Cringing at the possible reaction of women, cringing at what I've just said, etc.
But that momentary cringe is the only thing I've ever been afraid of, so it's worth it in the end.

I am able to overcome most the cringe, just by being confident in what I'm saying, speaking loud enough and holding their attention just long enough to fire off my questions. Dressing well and holding good posture really helps.

No notable interactions today really. I just notice that with more difficult questions I tend to approach older ladies. Quick, time-based questions, I'll approach cuter girls. I still usually avoid women with guys and women in big groups. But I find two women easy to speak to. All the really cute college girls have migrated for the summer! But by Fall, I shall be ready for their return! :evil:

I've set a date with 2 girls from Facebook dating for later in the week. Looking forward to gaining some EXP.

On to Day 13!
Upstart

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:17 am

Day 13 Let's go!

Took very long today. I went out at 4pm, finished just before 6. In retrospect, the drill wasn't too hard and the time it took was about average, it's just that there were too few women out and about to approach. It was like a ghost town. Even at the usual spots.

TBH it was mostly that there were too few women to meet my criteria of approach: No possible boyfriends, husbands, or big groups. Usually shopping alone and not very mobile, or older. But I decided to relax and give myself as much time as I needed. Not worrying things I had to do later, just getting the drill done. After drills I don't feel like talking to NOBODY. I just go home knowing I did my job.

At the gym later, I went straight up to a girl and asked if she was using a bench. Very cute asian, nice ass doing squats next to me. In the past, I would've been way too hesitant to even be in her vicinity, but this Program is developing my balls little by little. A guy much taller than me even held the door open for me and called me "sir" just by the way I was carrying myself.

I have two dates this week. One Thursday, one Friday. I can't say I'm very excited, but I'm more excited for how different I'll become by then end of these 7+ weeks.

The high-five drill tomorrow seems worse in thought than it will be in actuality. Looking forward to it.
Upstart

Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:38 am

My first "wall". I'd call it more of a hurdle, though. Today I only high-five'd 5 women, but it was supposed to be 20. Then I had an event to attend. I had to work my way into it with the time-asking drill. It's a good warm-up and for the first few women, I segued into a high-five right after asking the time, saying "I'm collecting high-fives today." Ughhh... :?

The last high-five I gave, I just said "Drive-by high-five?" And she reached out and did it with enthusiasm.
Another woman fist-bumped my hand and I said, "Works for me!" And bounced.

My main fears:

-A negative reaction
-One girl seeing me high-five another right after her.
-Me, cringing.
-Her significant other watching
-People in general watching.

As I mentioned in the video, there's no way around the discomfort. You can only get over it by going through it. There's no trick to it, that's why it's hard. But I imagine the results are well worth it.

For now, I've got a date tomorrow and Friday. I'm basically booked for 4 days straight. Still casting the net out in the online dating world.

Repeating day 14 'til I get comfortable with it.
Upstart

Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:23 am

Today my date flaked, so I used it to take care of some things around my place, hit the gym, and hang out with my bro.
I rescheduled for Tuesday next week. Didn't approach anyone today, even for the time. But it's become so normal and natural to be out n' about now. It doesn't feel like a big deal.

I was also messaging a 31 y/o woman, but she was looking for a life-partner, so I had to tell her (twice) that I'm not the one.
I'll try to swipe more tonight and see what happens. When I start the 20 girl high-five, I'll begin early in the day as I did on the first drill. It might take me just as long, but I'll do it just to see week 2.

I feel like I need to meet more like minded guys in my area, but ever since RSD groups shut down, I basically have no simple way of reaching them for now.
Upstart

Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:59 am

Second date flaked. I've rescheduled both. One for Sunday, the other for Tuesday. No approaches today. I felt very relaxed, honestly. Watched the Boys season 3 with my buddy. STILL crazy af, but very enjoyable!
Upstart

Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:02 am

Got a date tomorrow and three more girls hitting me up on Facebook.
I took some new photos for my profiles on both Tinder and Facebook dating since I'm wearing the same shirt in both.

Take photo, replace photo, basically.

Back to drills on Monday.
Upstart

Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:15 am

Had my first date from Facebook Dating today. Took roughly an hour, didn't push for a kiss, just a hug before parting ways. Not bad!
I noticed that I felt much less nervous than usual and it felt pretty easy to just be myself. Date only cost $8. We had shaved ice.
Tomorrow I'm doing the day 14 drills and not leaving until I finish them.

Wednesday I'm going to a men's group geared towards dating I need to find like minds. I cannot wait!

I'm going to update my photos on Facebook Dating and Tinder and start generating more leads.
Upstart

Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:42 am

I STG I posted yesterday, but when I looked just now, it was still in draft mode. So y'all getting two today.

No date today, but I did have a long talk with my aunt which that ate into my time.

Today I went out to for the High 5 drills. Started at 4:17 ended at 6:18 Very low volume in a usually high volume location, but that's just an excuse. I got 3 fist bumps and 3 high fives. I tried to ease into it with fist bumps, but high fives are just as easy, while also being higher risk somehow. I try to transition into high fives from asking for the time, but I feel cringy doing that so it's probably easier to just got for the High-five. I also get too nervous and leave before I do the follow up high five.

I keep waiting for "the right time" to approach. The "most natural" way to approach. I think "social flow" is the term I'm looking for. I look for girls who don't look mean. Who don't look like they'll ignore me, leaving my hand in the air like a chode. (I will finish this drill this week swear to god!) It's not hard, but I may have to just GO FOR IT more often. To the point of chasing them down if the area is lacking in volume.

The easiest targets are girls just walking by because hopefully I won't see them again. I say "Don't leave me hanging!" and hold out my hand. Easy. If I'm too nervous to high-five I'll usually just ask for the time, which is effortless at this point, so it works well as a warm-up and social lube, lol. I have conversations with women a lot easier these days as well.

Going out on the date tomorrow and hoping to take some gym pics with my bro tomorrow. Will def check out the Men's group on wednesday. Got to source for more girls on Facebook and Tinder trying to build a better photo library. No Dslr camera yet, but working with what I got. This self-improvement project is starting to feel like a full-time job!
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:36 am

Upstart wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 4:23 am
I feel like I need to meet more like minded guys in my area, but ever since RSD groups shut down, I basically have no simple way of reaching them for now.
Check this out: https://www.gameglobal.net/groups/

I'm a bit skeptical of the "men's group" just from the name alone. There are a lot of dating groups that give very blue pilled advice.
Upstart

Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:31 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:36 am
Check this out: https://www.gameglobal.net/groups/

I'm a bit skeptical of the "men's group" just from the name alone. There are a lot of dating groups that give very blue pilled advice.
Thanks, Pancakemouse! I used to visit the RSD Austin Inner Circle before I went to college. I thought it all just disbanded and I had no idea where to BEGIN to look. I'm pretty good at vetting RP vs BP advice, but BP tends to be sneaky.

DAY 14 PASSED. Very quickly, actually.

I went to Walmart and knocked out the first set of 10 in 10 minutes, then went to HEB (a different Grocery store) and knocked out the second set in 8 minutes. It was surprisingly fast. The main things I remembered to do was to NOT think about reactions, just act. I was only ignored ONCE and it barely registered to me until after I finished the drills. The girl was on her phone.

I did have some awkward girls sort of lightly touch my hand and one girl who did a fist bump, which I didn't count. I really could've done more. My secret phrase was "Free high-five?" or "Collecting high-fives!" or "Don't leave me hanging!" or "Got time for a high-five?" and boom. Very easy. The first girl I approached I talk to about her dog food before the high-five, but if I did that every time it would take forever. Working my way up to a wordless high five.

My date had something come up at work so we rescheduled for tomorrow. I'm just glad to have this challenge down. I know I can handle the next one. Excited to see what this dating group is about. I just need to be around other guys rn. Too much feminine energy in my life at the moment with no balance.

Been swiping and messaging on Facebook and more on Tinder throughout the day. Very little results from my photo updates so far.

On to Day. WEEK 3!
Upstart

Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:29 am

Date flaked, for the 3rd time, so I just texted her to let me know when she has an off day if she wants to meet up. Ball's in her court. No contact from me until then.

Attended the men's group and it was great. I had a lot to share, but the advice from the coordinator wasn't much different from the pick-up advice I usually hear. In fact, the guys were asking ME which site I got this info from! Of course I referred them the GLL AA Program. I didn't intend to preach the gospel of the AA program, but I converted a few non-believers lol. Almost can't believe this thing is free! There was some good info on breath work though.

On to day 15 tomorrow!
Upstart

Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:39 am

This drill went by so fast I almost forgot I did it. I beat my previous time, doing 10 high-fives in 4 mins, and the second set in 4 minutes as well. I still find myself a bit nervous to approach a group of girls even though it'd help me get the drill done faster, but the fact that I could even consider myself having an "in" is a testament to my growth.

I was dressed down, but dressed well. I REALLY enjoy dressing well now. It feels fucking good. Now I want to work on lowering my body fat and working out more. I'm gonna save up for a decent DSLR camera for good profile pics. Tomorrow's drill doesn't seem too bad and even the next one (ABCs) seems doable. Can't wait to go out at night soon. Still no job, but I'm not worried about that at the moment. In fact, everything lines up for me to be able to beat this program, by the time I need to work anyway.

On to day 16!
Upstart

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:22 pm

Today I went in more chilled than before. Took my time, but also went quickly enough to get the job done. It doesn't require much high energy to get a high five. Way less than I thought. Looking good and speaking well is half the battle. Because I dress well I don't have to be self-conscious thinking about how I look. It's a load off of my mind. All that's left is to do the drill, basically.

I find this drill to be easiest in grocery stores like Walmart.

The ABC drill may be weird, but I'm ready!
ON to day 17!
Upstart

Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:22 am

Didn't do anything today. Went out, but did not approach. I did not intend to not do anything. It just happened that way. Used the rest of the time to plan things out for the future.
Upstart

Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:14 am

Starting a "job" tomorrow. I'm basically helping out on a friend's kickstarter for money.

Today I went out with my cousin and showed him the high-five drill. A lot of rejections, but some took to it alright. Because I'm confident both in how I look, the progress I've made, and past successes in other areas, I felt very little negativity.
I'll approach the ABC drill next time I'm alone.

No luck on Tinder or Facebook lately. Maybe it's because I changed my photos, but I dunno.