Paid Renegade's Log- Looksmaxxing updates

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Paid Renegade
Name: Colton
Goal: Make Money

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:33 am

Stuff I took care of this week -

Added $850 to the portfolio. Increased in value this week to over $119k. Have been busy picking up lots of extra work shifts.

Tried to go paragliding last night to get some interesting shots for Tinder but the weather wouldn’t cooperate so it was a bust.

Gained a little strength this week in the gym.

Edit: Also this just happened
IMG_8299.jpg

---

@Hopeless Everyone is different (leverages, fiber type dominance, training style, muscle distribution, prior experience, etc.)

In my case:

I am fast twitch dominant and train accordingly (low volume, heavy weight)

I don’t prioritize squat or deadlift which results in less overall lower body mass than I would carry if I were, for example, a powerlifter.

230lb press is not particularly impressive (315 is a lifetime goal), and on top of this I shorten my ROM at the bottom by about 2” which makes the lift easier. I do this to protect my shoulders.

But above all, most guys dramatically underestimate how much fat mass they are actually carrying which leads to skewed perception of what body weight they should be targeting.

6ft2, 172lb as of Friday.

People consistently guess that I’m much heavier than I really am, especially when the shirt comes off. Having naturally wide shoulders helps with this.

Another blogger I used to follow: about the same height as me and just 8 pounds heavier at 180lb:
victorstatue.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paid Renegade

Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:47 am

This week ~

Added some strength in the gym (reverse lateral db flyes - increased reps and will now bump up to 60lb dumbbells)

Investing
-The passive income portfolio (still not sure what to call it) surpassed $120,000 this week and on top of that I added another $1,600 from my savings (not something I'll be able to do every week)

-I'm going to re-prioritize my investing, which I've let take a backseat during the last 6 or so months. I've jumped in and out of the lot of different projects and have been inconsistent with many of my ideas (as anyone who reads through this log will clearly see) but there are a couple of things in my life that have really shown themselves to be worthwhile, and investing in quality stocks is at the top of that list. Even better, if I lose motivation and deprioritize investing as I have done before then my investments don't dry up and go away; they actually continue to grow without my involvement. Alot of things (like new businesses) are the opposite of that. Paradoxically I have found that this actually makes it much easier for me to stay the course of investing though, as It's like with each deposit I make I am putting more and more wind to my back which I know is just going to make life better for my future self. I have been investing for almost exactly 3 years now, always contributing weekly but often much less than I am capable of.

-I am going to commit to adding at least $2,000 per month to my portfolio between now and the end of the year. I've already far surpassed that amount in August.

-I'm also getting back into the habit of watching educational investing videos when possible throughout the day, such as when I'm sitting down to eat. I watched a great youtube video the other day by 'the swedish investor" , talking about the road to your first million. I think I'll get in trouble if I post the link here but it's easy to find. Anyway according to him I am in stage 3 of 4 (stage 3 being from $100,000 to $1,000,000 and stage 4 being retirement). He made a great point that as your portfolio enters this stage, the roi or hourly wage of researching investments becomes much higher, eventually surpassing that of your actively earned (job) income.

-On Friday I purchased 1 share of 3M (mmm) which is actually below my average cost basis even though it was one of the two first stocks I purchased with my first $1,000 when I started investing 3 years ago. It's been beaten down quite a lot lately and currently offers a pretty attractive starting dividend yield.
Paid Renegade

Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:41 pm

Weekly Update -

I added $1300 to the portfolio this week. Purchased some MMM, VOO, and SCHD

Spent time researching options trading and investments in general. learned an interesting stat - the average investor earns a long term annualized return of just 1.9%, before inflation.

Crazy, since the S&P500 (VOO) has returned 10% per year on average. The cause for this discrepancy was down to actively trying to time the market as well as forgoing boring investments with modest returns (like the broad stock market) in favor of riskier investments that have both greater return potential but also greater risk.

I purchased a laptop stand ($90) and a wireless keyboard + mouse for my laptop so that I can finally work online with my screen at eye level, with proper posture.

Gained a little strength in the gym once again.

And, I'm 27 now.
Paid Renegade

Mon Sep 05, 2022 3:33 am

This week I

Added $1200 to my portfolio and purchased 6 shares of SCHD (favorite ETF of all time)

SCHD currently has a pretty attractive dividend yield and on top of that an annual dividend growth rate in the double digits. It's also beaten the S&P500's total return over the last 1 year, 3 year, 5 year, and 10 year period (not an easy thing to do). On top of that it has been less volatile and isn't beaten up as badly as the S&P during market downturns. Am seriously considering making this one ETF the backbone of my entire portfolio and then making focused investments into high conviction stocks on the side that I think will take off (like Nautilus during 2020)

In the gym, I increased my weighted chin ups this week to bodyweight + 105lb x 6 reps. I also added reps to my rear delt flyes, side laterals, and lying triceps extension. Back down to under 170lbs bodyweight this week.

Yeah these weekly updates are pretty dry but whatever. This is the stuff that rolls the ball forward for me and it's me leveling up.
Paid Renegade

Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:37 am

Added a rep to my chin ups and rear lateral raise.

Added 4 new products to my e-commerce store (across 3 different platforms each, Etsy, eBay, & Amazon).
Already sold 6 units this week.

Added $840 to the stock portfolio this week. Definitely coming in way above my goal of $2000 per month. Also purchased 8 shares of my favorite fund SCHD.

Style-wise, I went ahead and purchased a good every day watch recommended by @Radical. Just arrived today and excited to get it sized properly and start wearing
Paid Renegade

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:27 am

This week I added a rep to my rear delt flyes. Just a little stronger each week...
It has been making a difference though and I got like 4 random compliments this week on my physique

Added $500 to the stock portfolio and bought 11 shares of schd (about $800)

Looks like I improved my dating photos a little and going to swap in a new pic. The lowest photofeeler-scoring pic in my entire lineup is now a 9.3

Got my watch fitted (guys, do yourself a favor and use a bent paper clip held with a set of pliers to push out the little pins in the bracelet. Then use a thimble or coin to push them back in when you’re done. Several YouTube videos on the subject. I initially took the watch to a jewelry shop but they didn’t take the time to do a good job and ended up being a complete waste)

Wore the watch through a couple date nights and am liking it. Thanks @Radical

Unfortunately due to choices I made over the weekend (and probably catching a bug too) I feel like absolute dogshit today as I’m typing this. Decided to take the week off from training and am going to miss some work
Paid Renegade

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:14 pm

Didn’t get into the gym at all last week due to being down with some kind of flu (not covid). That’s okay though, since I haven’t skipped a week in a looong time and I’m technically supposed to take a week off from training approx. every 8 weeks.

I did workout yesterday though and set a PR on reverse lateral raises. I do these with heavy dumbbells and they target the whole upper/mid back area.

Money-wise, added $800 to the stock portfolio and spent it all on SCHD. Only thing I’m buying right now and for the foreseeable future. The portfolio has been getting beaten down pretty good and dropped to $113k in value. On the flip side though, this means that high quality businesses are potentially on sale right now.

And while I haven’t been talking much at all about dating lately, I have started doing something that some of you may find interesting. I refined my messaging template down even further and this is what I’m sending girls now:

“Hey, you're sexy. I'm Colton. I'm looking for something very specific on here.”

Her: “What’s that?” Or she may say “Oh no I’m afraid to ask!”

“Lol in the mood to snuggle up with a good movie and could use a partner in crime”

-
From there it’s just logistics if she’s into it. Insanely efficient considering I’m really only interested in Netflix and chill type dates at the moment, and also that first message gets a lot more engagement than “hey, you’re sexy, what are you up to?”

To be fair, I believe that first message was actually taken from @KillYourInnerLoser at one point and I just combined the two together.

Didn’t really message any girls last week due to being laid out with the flu but the week prior I set up new 3 dates with this using very little effort on my part. And unsurprisingly when you set dates up this way it’s basically 100% that the girl wants to have sex on the first meet.

I did hang out with a new girl last night that took the initiative to message me first. Single mom who lives with 2 kids, her older brother, and her mom. I’ve dealt with some bad logistics but I think this one takes the cake (we chilled in her room)
78810E2A-D53E-478A-988B-F1D491161147.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:43 pm

Paid Renegade wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:14 pm
From there it’s just logistics if she’s into it. Insanely efficient considering I’m really only interested in Netflix and chill type dates at the moment, and also that first message gets a lot more engagement than “hey, you’re sexy, what are you up to?”
Perfect example of an "open loop" in psychology. I deploy open loops most of the time in my openers and also saw the highest response rate from them.
Paid Renegade

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:10 am

Gained a little strength this week in the gym (once again, +1 rep on the rear delt flyes) My back is naturally a strong point and usually find it quite easy to progress on these types of exercises.

Investing - added $700 to the portfolio on Friday. This puts me at well over $4,000 contributed in September. I'm going to reward myself for this by buying a new pair of boots.

Importantly, this puts me over the threshold of contributing $115,000 total to my stock portfolio (including dividends reinvested), which was my ultimate goal for 2022. Still, my overall portfolio is slightly in the red right now.
Paid Renegade

Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:40 am

Gained 1 rep in the gym this week

Built a new (very basic) website to test an idea I’ve been playing around with

Purchased a new pair of boots, so I’ll have something stylish to wear during winter and any other time when my white sneakers won’t do. Bit of an investment but worth it I think.

Added 600 to the portfolio.
With the state of the stock market we’re still down at around $112k, but of significance is the average monthly dividend (passive cash income) from the stock portfolio has now exceeded $450 per month. Free money each month
Paid Renegade

Tue Oct 18, 2022 12:13 am

Gained another rep in the gym this week. Side laterals. Gonna build big juicy side delts.

Added $600 to the stock portfolio.

Also decided it’s time to bulk. Specifically want to bump up my incline bench press. Its currently at 230lbs. This one is going to be tough.

Online dating - interesting message of the week:
44B1DDDE-B7BF-474C-9B63-90FD4F500F73.jpeg
F9DBF62E-7454-41AB-8351-CB8869AE18AB.jpeg
B92B00CF-3ECB-47A3-A815-BF9945E12BFB.jpeg
And on a different note I am really trying to rack my brain finding new ways to make money. It’s been like an obsession. Today I added a note into my dating profile bio about me being a photographer looking for models and mass messaged a bunch of girls to see what happens. So far just a bunch of potential dates haha.
Paid Renegade

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:53 am

This week I failed to increase strength on my incline press (primary goal) but succeeded in upping the resistance for my side delts, rear delts, and triceps. I actually lost a pound of body weight this week which means I wasn’t feeding myself enough.

Am switching up my workout order and now hitting incline press 2x per week. Will up the calories.

Added 500 to the stock portfolio. Once again purchased shares in SCHD.

Ordered some new t shirts, in white and navy. What prompted this is my white t shirt actually got a hole ripped in on one of my recent dates. My Zara shirts have lasted nearly a year and most of them look good otherwise. Wash on cold setting and hang dry, makes a huge difference. Planning to refresh my black jeans as well and aside from this my next style purchase should be a jacket. Bomber or denim, not sure yet. (I’ll replace clothing items as they wear out, otherwise new purchases happen only when I crush my monthly investing goals, and only one purchase at a time)

Also had the bright idea of ordering a plan b morning after pill to keep in my car from now on. Had a scare this last week and after doing a little research decided it’s a no brainer since plan b costs like $30 and has a shelf life of like 4 years

When this happened it was too late to go to the pharmacy so I had to leave it up to the girl to take care of the next day.
pancakemouse

Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:44 pm

Paid Renegade wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:53 am
Also had the bright idea of ordering a plan b morning after pill to keep in my car from now on. Had a scare this last week and after doing a little research decided it’s a no brainer since plan b costs like $30 and has a shelf life of like 4 years
I don't know if you can still cancel your order, but Plan B (Levonorgestrel) costs ~$9 max on Amazon.
Paid Renegade

Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:38 pm

@pancakemouse haha I bought it off Amazon, but it was the brand name so maybe that’s why. Oh well, should be here tomorrow
pancakemouse

Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:21 pm

You can do a free return and buy the generic. There's zero difference.