Sewerdog's log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Sewerdog
Goal: Make money

Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:18 pm

Did three jobs today.
Two from facebook ads and one from doorknocking.
I'm gonna take tomorrow off from work and see how many I can do in a day of door to door from 9-5.

I think as long as there's a lot of rain there will always be a gutter season. But I must really smash out the numbers to confirm this for myself.

I spoke to both customers from the ads and they told me that there's loads of gutter cleaning adverts. The first guy actually told me he tried to contact the cleaner who usually does it but he didn't respond which is why he went with me.
Maybe the sheer competition online is why door to door has been better than running ads and most people don't really enjoy door to door sales because you can go hours getting nothing one day or get back to back houses on another.

I've also hatched a crazy life plan that's got me very excited: what if I lived out of a van and kept my equipment in a storage locker?
Shits got me very excited and would be incredibly economical. I could basically do whatever I want and make loads of cash with my business but also have basically zero overheads if I wasn't making any money 🤔

I'm going to shelve the ad I'm currently running and work on my pressure washing and roof cleaning ad set next.
Sewerdog

Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:39 pm

Landed two gutter jobs today.
I booked a roof cleaning job on Saturday which I'm very excited about!

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I actually really enjoy this type of selling and probably knocked 100 or so. Every one was very polite aside from one old man who waved me away without opening the door but he was clearly in pain.
I'm really focused on finding the people who want the service doing so it feels almost like sifting and the no's mean nothing.

Gave a quote for driveway cleaning to the first gutter customer.

Handed out a lot of flyers too.

If this roof cleaning job comes through I'll have made as much as my job in about three days.

I was out for 7 hrs today, 4 door knocking and three doing the jobs themselves. Went back early because I'd run out of water and needed to call my property manager as the landlord has proposed a new contract but I want a release clause before I commit.
Antonio44
Goal: Improve dating quality

Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 am

Sewerdog wrote:
spoke to both customers from the ads and they told me that there's loads of gutter cleaning adverts
You can find your competing gutter companies on Facebook and you can see (in ads library) all the ads they’re running/have run in the past, and who they’re targeting. Then you use their best engaging ones for improving your ads. Steal their best ideas and use them. If they’ve run an ad for a while it’s probably because roas is good.
Sewerdog

Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:29 pm

A tough day door to door. Lots of people didn't seem interested at all even on properties that visibly needed it. The good weather may mean people aren't interested in having it done and I wonder if the season is drawing to a close.
Gave a few quotes and a lot of flyers and ended up unblocking a single downspout for a tiny bit of cash.
Very much hoping the roof clean goes well.

I've been thinking about window cleaning again for getting repeat customers on a monthly or bi-monthly basis as it will allow me to upsell a whole range of other jobs that may need doing.
This way my time door knocking actually builds a business up instead of being good for just cash flow.
I need to do yet more research but I've built up the funds to get more equipment.
Antonio44 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:29 am
Sewerdog wrote:
spoke to both customers from the ads and they told me that there's loads of gutter cleaning adverts
You can find your competing gutter companies on Facebook and you can see (in ads library) all the ads they’re running/have run in the past, and who they’re targeting. Then you use their best engaging ones for improving your ads. Steal their best ideas and use them. If they’ve run an ad for a while it’s probably because roas is good.
Dude, this is genius! Thanks for sharing, never would have thought to do that. I'm going to do this for all of my adverts from now on.

I'm happy with my new ability to knock doors for hours and I have gathered more data so pleased with the last couple days.
Will be back to work for the rest of the week but spending a couple hours each evening to figure out lead generation.
Sewerdog

Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:13 pm

I checked out my competition on Facebook and my page is actually pretty solid compared to what's out there.

I found another good way of advertising which is to find community groups based on area and make posts in there, the ones I saw were all from personal accounts - not business ones. I also found a gardener who sais he gets a lot of business from doing this.

Here's my plan to expand and advertise my services:
Friday: get window cleaning supplies
Saturday: Roof clean, photos: launch ad
Sunday: chase lead for window sills cleaning and offer window cleaning. Get photos and learn how to clean windows more efficiently.
----
Easter weekend:
Jetwash parents patio, clean windows and conservatory.
Jetwash M's driveway, clean windows.
Get photos - video jetwashing: launch window cleaning and jetwashing adverts.

----

Add new photos to website: Build out seperate services pages.
Ask all leads for Google reviews.
Run Google ads to website.

Door to door ad nauseum selling window cleaning.
Run refferal offer on ads - something like: free window clean when you refer a friend.

This way I'll have all bases covered and all major services on offer then it's just a matter of pushing content and getting better at running ads, playing the numbers game and pushing until.

I also had a good think at my business direction and I've really enjoyed building working relationships where I can offer more services to customers from previous jobs and become their go to guy to get shit done.
Sewerdog

Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:12 pm

I'm a quarter of the way through my roof cleaning job.

Turned into an absolute monster of a job.
I'm using a scraper tool to remove moss as pressure washing roof tile invalidated the warranty and may damage them.

Started off by using a telescopic pole but this was insanely hard on the arms and I couldnt get the right angle to pull the moss down effectively.
Though fuck this and went to buy some Ridge ladder hooks. Picked up the big ladder from M's and got onto the roof.

Even then it was hard work to lift this moss and I'm basically hand scrubbing an area the size of a small field.

Explained to the customer I'm out-of my depth and they were cool about it. They're also on Ramadan but kept bringing me food which was really nice of them.

I'll try to get 3/4 of the way done so I can go back on good Friday to finish the job off and softwash it.

Massive property and a lot of learning on the job. Hardest I've physically worked in a long time too. I feel very comfortable at height and confident on my ridge ladder. If I can do this roof I'll be able to do any domestic roof.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sewerdog

Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:05 pm

From half 8 till about 12 I finished off the front side of the house but it wasn't coming up how I wanted it to. By scrubbing really hard I could get about 85% of the moss off.

The customer brought more food out and I talked it through with him. He said when he bought the property it was surrounded by trees hence all the moss. He also said he's had it oressure washed before and the tiles are an old concrete type so very durable.
We've decided to oressure wash it after all and I just need to get the extendable lance attachment for my pressure washer.
The I'll soft wash it after and the job will be done.
He also said the driveway needs doing and resending so I'll give him a quote for that too once this job is finished.

Loads of people pressure wash roofs in the UK so I'll do some more digging into it.

This has delayed my service expansion but I'm learning so much on this job. The neighbourghs have also been keeping an eye on the progress so I'll be sure to pitch a similar clean to them once I have mastered this one.

Spent some time talking, he's from Pakistan and very community oriented which I thought was cool. Said he extended the property so he could move his parent in as his dad was ill. Also talked about how rewarding it is being a parent.

Otherwise I'm shattered my back and arms are completely toasted from all the scrubbing. It might be a viable method more very delicate roofs on smaller properties but hand scraping roofs doesn't align with my business strategy: get equipment that makes the job easy to save time and money.

A very fun weekend nonetheless
Sewerdog

Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:28 pm

Had a very reflective week following MAC's post and I got to thinking about a lot of my own behavioural patterns and the idea of trauma resolution.

I've identified some areas that I would like to see improvements in that I think are a result of learning negative patterns/ things about the world from a young age and have come up with the following:

1. My predictive ability when taking into account human behaviour has been and continues to be proven wrong on an almost weekly basis. I basically always opt for the worst possible scenario which can verge on paranoia and begin contingency planning for things that never happen.
A great example came up this week with my job that has been challenging and after noticing a bit of behaviour in my boss that I didn't like I began to form a narrative. I had a meeting to discuss some deadlines and was preparing to to into a conflict and was predicting aggressive and irrational behaviour on her part as a default behaviour.
To put this in perspective during the meeting I sat with on the chair by the exit and when she was making small talk with a colleague instead of getting straight on to the meeting I thought: "Is she fucking with me?" why not get on with the meeting.
Fortunately I was completely wrong on this occasion, got extra support to meet the deadlines and also got a good bonus for this tax year.
The main problem with this thought pattern is the sheer amount of mental energy I waste on gearing up for conflicts where there really is nothing there.
I actually have very high energy levels but a lot is wasted on neurosis.

2. Similar levels of pessimism in terms of how abundant the world is - this has improved a lot already

3. I fall into 'enemy traps' such as getting too caught up in the red pill or the idea that wicked cabals run the world. I then get worked up about these hypothetical people instead of spending time improving my immediate surroundings.
A good example being angry with first girl for wanting a relationship when I would drive around listening to drake lyrics and listen to redpill shorts and tell myself that she was a hoe but also wishing she would change into a fictional person who I wanted her to be.
This was completely unproductive and I still kick myself for letting this scarcity mindset poison what could have been a very enjoyable fling.

4. Probably the deepest one. A lot of expecting the worst in people lead me to gear myself up for extreme violence and phycological attacks- which would be met with violence. I succeeded in getting to a level where I can protect myself but cant deal with conflicts in a sensible way and get really skittish when women get angry or even pretend to. I think this was part of my ED issues where it felt like my body wanted to protect intself from female touch.
I'm a grown man now but as a kid would lash out with extreme violence when I felt my boundaries crossed and would be horrified with the damage I would do indiscriminately, sometimes to those closest to me.
I want to integrate that part of me that all humans have but be able to control it instead of just suppress it and avoid conflict at all costs.

These are the four areas for inner work that I have identified I would like to improve so next I'll delve into the root causes with the aim to see tangible benefits.

Work:
On this note I was very pleasantly surprised with the bonus I'm going to get and it makes the challenges I've been facing with the work demands seem more like fun goals to achieve.

Business:
Running behind schedule on the roof clean as I'm waiting for more parts, the customer sais he want to reschedule mid April. I have let him down a bit here but juggling everything meant I didn't do the proper research needed to tackle the job today.
First driveway and window clean will be done tomorrow.
Got a gutter clean Sunday morning and will head to my parents later that day to do windows, patio and conservatory cleans.
All these will then be added to my ads with before and after pics as well as giving actual experience doing the jobs efficiently.

Then I will have all the equipment and experience and my services locked down and ready to go. I can then reach my escape velocity - quicker now with my bonus from work.

Women:
Saw M twice this week: went to the cinema one night and stayed over both nights. I also bought her some flowers and she lit up and sent me a few messages saying thank you. She's been supporting my business adventures from day 1 and sends me good luck messages when I'm out door-knocking or on a big job. She's also let me store my giant ladder at hers and got me a present when she was on holiday last week.
Felt really good to do this, I genuinely felt that flowers were a good representation of my appreciation and 'got' why people do it. This was the highlight of my week.

Fitness:
I've been slacking off but also loosing weight so I might look a bit better but I like being strong and healthy. I've talked with my accountability partner who is crushing it in the gym and told him I want to add a structured diet and meal prep to the accountability chat which is mostly just us hyping each other up for workouts right now.

Took some time to walk around a park and chill out as I haven had a whole day just to relax in about a month and it has been amplifying my negative thought patterns. I realised since I've started posting here my life has been pretty awesome so i'm grateful.
Sewerdog

Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 pm

I've got my window cleaning and pressure washing in this weekend and have some good before and after shots for my ads.
Very pleased with how it went and really enjoy these two cleaning methods.
Files too large to upload here but the before and afters came out amazing.
I might do some free pressure washing just to get footage and more pictures or offer a really good price just because I enjoy it so much.

Was great to see my parents too. That part of England still feels like my home and I feel refreshed just from visiting for a day and a half.

I've also decided to get a big van when I have the money, live out of half of it and store my tools in the other half and live off grid.
Sewerdog

Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:25 pm

Sewerdog wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:02 pm
I've got my window cleaning and pressure washing in this weekend and have some good before and after shots for my ads.
Very pleased with how it went and really enjoy these two cleaning methods.
Files too large to upload here but the before and afters came out amazing.
I might do some free pressure washing just to get footage and more pictures or offer a really good price just because I enjoy it so much.

Was great to see my parents too. That part of England still feels like my home and I feel refreshed just from visiting for a day and a half.

I've also decided to get a big van when I have the money, live out of half of it and store my tools in the other half and live off grid.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sewerdog

Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:01 am

Heres my massive to do list:

Business:
- Do one more pressure wash (driveway) and record: launch Facebook ads ✔
- Do one more window clean and launch Facebook ads ✔
- Chase outstanding lead up ✔
- Go door to door selling driveway cleaning
- Update website and launch Google ads

My business plan is now getting repeat customers through window cleaning and offering them ad on services if they need them.

Health:
-Get gym membership ✔
-Healthy food shop and meal prep +1 greens shake every day ✔
-2 sources of healthy fat every day✔
-DHA source every other day✔
-Creatine + L-arginine supp
-Workout ×4 cardio ×2✔
-Sleep: Black out bedroom windows. Switch to salt lamp one hour before bed.

Looks:
-Maintain visible abs ✔
-Skincare:
-Get tretinoin
-Moisturiser ✔
-Cleanser
-Factor 50 broad spectrum mineral Sunblock
-Wear hat and sunglasses when working outside all day.✔
-Red light therapy (general health)✔
-Experiment with microneedling and exfoliating.
-Book lasers for this year to see how effective it is

Hair:
-Use finasteride ✔
-Get dht blocking conditioner
-Get grey reversing shampoo
-Maintain beard and hair grooming

Mental:
-I feel like I have adhd when I'm at work and find myself easily distracted but it also might be because my passion is focussed on my side business. ✔ (carry notebook)

-1 point of gratitude and one thing I like about myself every day.✔
-Listen to good videos on commute.
-Review weekly and monthly wins.✔
- Take an evening off each week✔
-Try to take a day off to go out in nature every 2-3 weeks

Social:
-Talk to someone every time I go to the gym ✔
-Go to one meetup a week

Women:
-Get a social circle lay (pending social cirlce)
-Do more fun things with doctor girl (M)

Life direction:
The next big thing I want to do is get a big van, outfit half of it with my cleaning equipment and live out the other half!
That way I'll have basically no living expenses and more time time do the things I want in life and will be able to travel around while having less stuff.
Last edited by Sewerdog on Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sewerdog

Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:14 pm

Had some minor health problems this week which have tanked my sleep. Nothing serious but very annoying, should clear up in about 2 weeks.

Actions taken:

Business:
- Very pleased with my pressure washing - after doing m's and my parent's places I feel I can offer an excellent service. I'd also happily do this for free, I find it really fun.
- Windows I'm equipped to tackle most jobs but it will take some time to get fast at this - there's actually a fair bit to the traditional cleaning method.
I find this similarly satisfying.

-Launched ads, so far gave a driveway cleaning quote: awaiting response
-patio and driveway pressure wash booked for the 4th May
-double roof cleaning for 27th-28th Apr

Tomorrow I will start door to door targeting bungalows for window cleaning so I don't have to worry about ladder transport for now.
I'm tempted to do pressure washing door to door but also want my time spent doing this to actually build up repeat customers who I can also suggest pressure washing to later on.
I will also make a couple purchases: high pressure extension hose and a new hat because my last one blew off when I was up a roof :)

There are no shortcuts. Hit sales from all angles and improve over time.

Women:
Still enjoying my time with M greatly. Realised she's smarter than me the other day which was quite funny and a new feeling when interacting with women.
Saw a Japanese 10 this week. The company I work for has its hq there and the site manager was showing some people around. I was working in the lab, look up and this insanely hot Japanese woman was looking at me.
Lit a fire in me and I now know this is my next dating goal: fuck a 10.
I want to do this for a few reasons:
1. What really is smv and what is mine?
2. Can I sleep with a woman who is so attractive my brain doesn't beleive I actually can?
3. Can people build something lasting we doomed to hypergamy and endless hedonism with infinite options out there?
4. Can I level up other attributes so that my looks are actually the weakest link?
5. Are hot women just normal people who know how to look good? Do they even care about anything less than an ascended giga Chad?
6. Do women find me interesting or do they just like my big biceps? :cry: what if I can't coast anymore?

I think chasing a finite goal like this is a great way to organise my life and personal development.
I also want to feel the feeling I got with M and first girl where I look at them (when they're all dressed up) and feel a bit nervous. I remember getting M back to my flat and feeling: 'shit she's hot now what do I do?'

To acheive this:
- find super hot women
- refine style and archetype - actually get an archetype
- looksmaxxing
- improve charisma, masculinity and social ability
- build attractive traits
- build a progressively cooler life
Sewerdog

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm

Came down with something Friday/Saturday and felt pretty feverish.
I bought some things I need in town, came back and crashed on the sofa. Ended up ordering pizza quite late as I hadn't eaten.
Not the productive day I wanted.

Made better progress today:

Actions taken:

Business:
-Booked first window cleaning job for Saturday- my first monthly customer
-Uniform sorted

Women:
-Hair and beard grooming - restocked finasteride
-Found some new tretinoin (a pain to get in the UK without paying for a dermatologist to give you the same shit for a way higher price)
-Maintained other skincare
-Got mineral sunblock with slight tint and no titanium dioxide which is carcinogenic
-Began cutting and did an entirely healthy food shop. I've found a yoghurt called skyr with 10g protein per 100g and for some reason can eat a lot before getting full and tolerate lactose very well, with this added to my diet I'm averaging 170g of protein a day and will work on getting it up to 200g. I also average 8 different fruit and vegetable servings and 2 sources of healthy fats (walnuts and avocados) a day as well as sardines/mackerel or herring every other day. Current supps are creatine and I'm eating beetroot every day instead of an l-arginine supp.
-Workouts going very well and after adding deadlifts back into the mix I've made some quick muscle memory gains to my traps, glutes and back (I've just been doing calisthenics so far this year) and because of weird leg genetics they've blew up too just from the deadlifts, although I will add some squats back in.

I'm cutting for 6 weeks, I have visible abs but feel like I can gain some extra edge here
Sewerdog

Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:51 pm

Actions taken:

Business:
-Got very bogged down posting in local Facebook groups, most have rules against promotion but some have no rules at all so I will see if any of my posts get through the admins. The groups with no posting rules have about 95% of the posts just from businesses. I saw a video of a gardener in the UK who says he gets a lot of bookings by doing this so I'll have another look at his methods, track down his actual page on FB and actually see the kinds of posts he's making and the page rules where he's posting to.

Women/looks/health:
-Good workout done
-Healthy and high protein diet
-Skincare
Sewerdog

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am

Actions taken (for yesterday):

Business:
-Worked on my website
-Researched how to link Google ads
-Posted in a local fb group

Women/health/looks:
-Cardio 30mins
-Skincare
-Good sleep (attempted but didn't fall asleep)