twonightstander's AA log (Final thoughts)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
twonightstander
Name: Toni
Goal: Become "that guy"
Motto: The only easy day was yesterday

Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:31 pm

Day 1

Introduction made here: viewtopic.php?p=37956#p37956.

Day 2

I agree and sign the following:
"""
- My goal and only goal for the next X+ months is to beat approach anxiety.

- Because that is my ONLY #1 goal and I care a lot about it- I won't try to balance it with anything other than going to the gym and going on dates.

- Since I'm not trying to BALANCE it with several other goals, I will have more than enough time to do the drills.

- I agree to FORGET ABOUT GETTING LAID (for now).

- I will DO THE DRILL as it is written and leave.

- I will NOT turn the drill into an 'indirect' approach and get deflated if it doesn't go well.

- I will also start a Tinder account because I understand that giving myself some online options will decrease my neediness.

- I will check in on ~daily basis, documenting what day I'm on, what I plan to do and if I did it.

- I understand that doing a Vlog will only help me be more accountable and get better results.

- I will stop ONLY WHEN I have beaten 90-100% of my approach anxiety. (~Xmonths, @Level 7).

- I will see this through or get professional help for my anxiety and do it again.
"""

I will use this post as the start of my vlog as well. I will vlog the progress I do everyday here and I will do a Youtube video too.

Day 3

I made the same online profile for both Tinder and Bumble, which seem to be 2 most active dating sites for English speakers in my city. I will create a separate thread on the "Tinder/Online Dating" section of the forum so anyone that views it can trash it as much as they want. I am aware that there are a LOT of improvements to be made but the current goal is to beat AA so this will have to do for now.

Tomorrow the real "fun" starts. I will aim for doing as many drills as possible and not limit myself to the drills of a single day alone in case I have time available (which I will have, LOL).

If anyone wants to link up and work as accountabilities buddies for the AA program, feel free to shoot me a text. I'll aim to minimize my time in the forums and maximize my time in the streets.
Last edited by twonightstander on Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:55 pm

7/03/2022 log

So today was my first day in the field doing AA drills and I have to be honest, I didn't know what to expect. I had a terrible night of sleep (nothing to do with the AA program since I didn't feel nervous about it) so I wasn't particularly in a great mood at the beginning of the day but I haven't let this stop me.

As far as the drills performed, I have done the drills of days 4, 5, 6 and 7, speaking to a total of 45 girls in total. I did in around 3.25 hours divided in 2.25 hours in the morning (days 4-6) and a 1 hour session (Day 7) after lunch. So yeah, I have done my fair share of wandering around/pussying out but also started the day too early when there really weren't that many girls around. For the upcoming days, I will shift the AA sessions to afternoon/evening so I can have more efficient sessions. It seems a lot of locals were out this weekend too so that should mean even more chicks in the upcoming weeks.

From the 45 girls, I approached girls ranging from average to very hot in more or less equal proportions, trying to approach girls of around my age of younger and going for solo sets more often. But I think this was just an excuse which resulted in me wandering around more often than not instead of approaching average/older girls or more groups of girls to get more social momentum. The next sessions I will try to do the following: try to always go for hot chicks first but if I find myself spending too much time without talking to no girls, then I can start talking to the other groups.

As far as general reactions, nothing too out of the ordinary happened. Some girls were very nice, some were keen to help, many were neutral and I had a few (not counted) that simply walked by or simply said a straight "No" and went on their way. These negative ones did not affect me much. I'm also fighting a small language barrier since english is not the mother language where I am at (Prague) but young people and tourists seem to speak it well enough and in any case that can't be used as an excuse (will have to grind that czech for a while).

What was odd was that despite me not feeling nervous (didn't feel my heart beat fast at any point), I was just skipping to many sets sometimes and I am not sure why. My guess is that it is a combination of not being in a great state and not having given myself permission to approach whoever I want, so I will do the following next: I GIVE MYSELF PERMISSION TO APPROACH ANY WOMEN THAT I WANT AND PERFORM THE REQUIRED DRILL ON THEM REGARDLESS OF THE REACTION AND HOW WELL/BAD THEY TAKE IT. I will make to sure tattoo this last bit in my head so I start to act on it from now on.

However, I have also been able to identify some BIG mistakes that I will have to work on correcting ASAP:
  • First, in one two many times when I asked a girl for the time, I have added some bullshit like "I ask because my watch (which I was wearing) is not working anymore" which is clearly coming from a place of wanting the girl to like me and wanting to be SMOOTH. I completely forgot that my only job is to DO THE DRILL AND LEAVE. So as punishment for being a retard I will repeat the entire day 7 tomorrow and if I ever do the bullshit comment again I will ask the girl to slap me and might repeat day 6 also.
  • I have also noticed that my tonality today was a little off and it was more seeking rapport than anything else. I guess this will improve with repetitions, getting more drills done, building more confidence and getting more and more sense of entitlement but it is still worth to notice it early and monitor it in the upcoming days.
  • Third, I have clearly felt more comfortable approaching girls in quieter streets than in very crowded places so I will have to force myself out of the comfort zone and approach more and more in crowded areas
Lastly, some questions that have come to mind after coming home and reflecting on the sessions. For folks that have completed or are working on the AA program:
  • Do you approach any girl regardless of looks/age/whether they are in a group or not? Is it all good for the sake of exposure therapy?
  • Do you remember how all the sets went, how the girls looked, etc? After talking to 45 girls I don't remember jack shit tbh. My sleep is probably not helping here.
Summary + Lessons (TLDR)
  • 45 girls approached in ~3h 15 min. Decent for a first day of work but a lot to improve.
  • Need to approach girls in more crowded
  • The goal is to EXECUTE THE DRILL AND LEAVE. Do not try to be SMOOTH and do not go around the drills for the girl to like you/react better.
  • Will shift my AA drill sessions to midday/afternoon/evening for the most part since hot chicks aren't out 9 am in the morning on a Sunday (no shit sherlock). Morning will be to rest and workouts.
  • Day 7 will be repeated and day 6 potentially if I continue acting like a pussy
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-6 (7 to be repeated)
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 45
Youtube VLOG

That's all for now, back to work tomorrow.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 pm

7/04/2022 log

Workout log

I figured since I don't have any other log I will use this post to log my workouts now that I am getting back on the grind (feeling rusty af at the moment). Today's workout:
  • Bench press: 80kgs x 10,8,7,6
  • Incline press: 50kgs x 10,10,10
  • Cable crossovers: 15kgs x 10,10,10
  • Dips: BW x 10,10
  • Tricep pulldowns straight bar: 35kgs x 10,10,10
  • Tricep pulldowns rope: 25 kgs x 10,10,10
AA program log

Today was basically the tale of 2 different (kinda) opposite stories. On the one hand, we have my morning "session" which was basically me doing the drills of day 7 on my way to the gym and back (it's under 15 min using underground). On my way to the gym I hit 11 girls and on the way back I hit 6 girls. Pretty much all of them had favourable reactions and several of them were very proactive in trying to help with the directions. I felt very energetic and did miss very few clear sets to talk to.

On the other hand, I went for a walk in the afternoon around 6 pm and the story was quite different. At first I started quite energetic too around my neighborhood and I talked to about 5 sets almost right away. However, as I got closer and closer to the city center (more crowded area) I started to miss more opportunities, make more excuses in my head, and try to rationalize it all in my head. As a result, I wandered around quite a bit but at least I got more done that yesterday. I also started feeling more tired (the heat was not helping but still not a valid excuse). For the last ~15 minutes, I basically wandered back home and approached noone almost, very very weak.

Still, I was able to do the full day 8, which was annoying because the center was so full of tourists that when I asked where [somewhere very common] was, a lot of them said that they didn't know, so I couldn't follow up with either have you been there and definitely not with did you like it (Chris especifically says to ask another girl if the girl hasn't been there). So basically I ended up having to talk to around ~25 girls to get day 8 over. And I also managed to do 12/15 approaches out of day 9. So 54 girls in total today, which is quite good nonetheless. In around 2.5-2.75 hours of approaching.

However, I have to admit that almost all drills of day 9 were very low energy and actually felt quite weak. I am going to decide tonight if I repeat day 9 or if I decide that from now on, either all the drills achieve a certain level in terms of tonality/body language/eye contact or I won't accept them as valid. Or both.

Still, there were some good things to take away from today:
  • I got after it as soon as I got out in the street. 3 times I left my home, 3 times I spoke to the first girl/woman I saw and asked for the time
  • I got a taste of a beta version of "being in the zone". I say beta because eventually the zone should be much much better
  • Basically all the bullshit "smooth" approaches did not happen today, but gotta make sure they do not reappear again
Summary + Lessons
  • Decent day with a total of 54 approaches in ~2.5 hours
  • Crowded areas still troublesome, will need to push more drills there
  • Minimum standards in terms of executed drills need to be set and applied immediately (no more weak approaches can be valid)
  • Need to get into a routine, optimize sleep, exercise and nutrition to avoid energy crashes like today
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-8
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 99
  • Drills repeated: day 7
Youtube VLOG

(bruh these thumbnails making me look like I'm retarded lol)

Back at it tomorrow, stay hard.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:15 pm

7/05/2022

Workout log
No workout today since I slept like shit and I didn't feel energetic until I hadn't had 3 meals in. I will work on fixing that asap. Tomorrow will be back for back and bis day.

AA program log

First of all, big thanks to Andy for calling me out on my bullshit and pointing out that I was overthinking and deviating from what I should be doing. My only task at the moment is to execute the drill and leave, nothing else matters. So from today and on only drills executed in autistic robot mode will be tolerated (today included).

As far as the day went, I was caught up with some tasks with the landlord and other shit that basically took me the entire morning and midday plus I was feeling like shit and tired (yet again, after watching Andy's and Toast podcast about the AA program this might have as well been anxiety, so next time I will force myself to do some reps during those periods in which I might feel perceived exhaustion) so it was not until I went out in the afternoon for a date that I did some reps in. I did 9 girls in ~15 minutes on my way to the place and 10 girls in ~12 minutes on the way back. I'd say that the drills were already in the ~80% autistic but I will push for 90-100% tomorrow and the next days. These 18 drills in total constituted the 3 missing drills that I had for day 9 and the 15 drills of day 10.

Regardless of being a slower day, I need to reinforce the notion of always showing up, because when things get tougher I will need to have the habit in place to avoid procrastination, avoidance and all the shit that can result from it. Another good thing is that for now I don't seem to be having any problems with the whole "get in there mentality", as soon as I get out on the street I'm chasing the first girl and asking for the time.

Summary + lessons
  • Regardless of the tasks of the day, it is mandatory to show up
  • 18 approaches for the day, ~80% autistic mode reached
  • "Get in there" mentality already in place it seems
Progress log
  • Days completed 4-10
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 117
Youtube VLOG

Back at it again tomorrow. Gonna put reps in both the morning and the afternoon/evening.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:37 pm

7/06/2022 log

Workout log

I realized today that besides the lack of structure/routine I have been undereating quite a bit so I will need to adjust calories and do a simplified meal plan so I can start next week with the right routine. Today's workout:
Lat pulldowns (wide grip): 75 kgs x 10,10,10
Lat pulldowns (chin up grip): 65 kgs x 10,10,10
Bentley row: 50kgs x 10,10,10
Lat pullover: 25kgs x 15,12,12
Bicep curls 12kgs x 12,12,12
Some abs & some back extensions

AA program log

Today was nothing special. I did the entire drills of day 11 on my way and back from the gym in the morning. 11 girs on the way and 9 on the way back in ~15-18 minutes of travelling in each direction. Reactions were overall good but it doesn't matter. I felt very little/none nervousness during the drills. There is one situation in which for now I keep doing some avoiding/pussying out which is when there are several sets very close to each other (few meters) and I could be really approaching all of them and looking like the retard that I should be interpreting but I still only approach some of them. I guess sooner or later this will have to chance because otherwise drills like high-5 or similar ones will become extremely long.

In the afternoon I was planning on doing some approaches but went on a date and since I was being late I decided to not start day 12. In any case, this is the 4th day approaching girls and building the habit. Looking forward to more challenging drills in which I start to bite the dust. That is where real growth will start to happen. Tomorrow will rain most of the day it seems so I will have to think where I want to go do drills since the street will probably not be that crowded.

Summary + lessons
  • Day of showing up basically. 4th day of approaching. Did day 11 on my way and back to the gym
  • Don't remember much about the girls and the reactions but it doesn't matter either. They were overall friendly/neutral
Progress log
Days completed 4-11
Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 137
Drills repeated: day 7

Youtube VLOG
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:39 pm

7/07/2022 log

Workout log
There was no workout today. Still sleeping like shit and felt like even a light workout might push me more down into the drain. The good thing is I have already devised more or less a schedule that I will start to (strictly) follow starting next week so I can start to get consistent bedtimes for both going to sleep and waking up. That, tied with also trying to also have the same # of meals at approximately the same times of the day should allow me to start getting into some sort of consistent daily rythm. After that, I will simply have to fit the daily activities that I want to do (gym, drills, czech courses, dates) within that schedule.

AA program log
Today was a decent day of work but I still feel that I could be doing more, even though now I am getting into more activities on a daily basis, I still fuck around some time that I could be using to get more drills in. However, as long as I keep at it consistently every day, I think I should be fine for now.

In total, I did 29 drills out of the total 32 drills that are day 12 and 13. I did day 12 entirely in ~28-30 minutes around the neighborhood while I was waiting for a package to be sent to my place. There were not that many girls around here but I still avoided some situations but generally I did approach with basically no anxiety and with basically no outcome dependence. Reactions were generally positive/neutral but again that does not matter and did not affect in any way my mood or willingness to do more drills.

After that, a couple of hours later I went to buy some groceries and I did 9 drills of day 13 on my way there and back and again I didn't feel any anxiety or anything worth noticing in my head. Lastly, on my way to a date in the evening I did 4 more drills and I have to say I could have easily done the 3 remaining ones for day 13 but I was too "date mode" in my head and thought I didn't want to talk to any girls on my way there. Not a great "killer instinct" attitude but we will get there with time!

In any case, 5th consecutive day showing up and doing drills on the AA program. Tomorrow starts the first "test" with the high-5 drills since that is clearly more out of the ordinary and less common than simply asking for the time and/or directions. We'll see how it goes. Getting some more exposure to weird/bad reactions will almost certainly be a good thing so let's hope tomorrow brings it.

Summary + lessons
  • 29 drills today, day 12 entirely and 3 drills missing for day 13
  • 5th consecutive day approaching (it takes 21 days to build a habit they say?)
  • "Killer instinct" attitude still needs to be developed, "I don't feel like I approaching because I am going on a date" is not a mindset to keep for the long term
  • Tomorrow the first test starts with the high-5 drills
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-13* (3 drills remaining)
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 166
  • # of consecutive days approaching: 5
Youtube VLOG

Tomorrow it is high-5 day, first drill more out of the box but I'll try to have as much fun as possible while doing it.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 pm

7/08/2022 log

Workout log
Today's workout was absolute dogshit because sleep is still absolute dogshit. Went basically through the motions because from minute 1 I barely had any energy. Quite sad to be honest.
  • Standing OHP: 40kgs x 10,10,10
  • Lateral raises: 10kgs x 15,15,15
  • Front raises: 10kgs x 12,12,12
  • Face pulls with rope: 30kgs x 10,10,10
  • Barbell traps: 80kgs x 10,10,10,10
I need to get my routine + meal prep handled ASAP. I expect to have all the tools to meal prep by Monday and I will start executing the routine from there also. Will monitor closely energy levels and bodyweight (body composition by looking in the mirror basically).

AA program log
Today's performance might not look that impressive but it was a very SIGNIFICANT day I feel at least. And that is, because for the first day since I started doing drills, I have had some fun while doing them. From days 4 to 13, I basically went through the motions because I know that it is necessary to reach the end goal and because those were the first steps as far as exposure therapy is concerned but in general the drills felt boring and mundane. I'm not sure if it will happen again in future drills but I wanted to shoot myself after asking the time so many times lol.

Today's drill (day 14) was the first day that I had a very small amount of nervousness when I went out to the street. It was also the first day that I had some thoughts/excuses in my mind about why this drill might look weird where I live and blablablabla. But it's all bullshit, and I saw clearly today that my mind was playing tricks with me.

As Chris said, the first rep is always the hardest and it took me ~3 minutes of wandering around until I finally found the first girl to do it on (after I had done the 3 remaining drills of day 13). After that, I was able to do the first 10 high-5s in 12 min 50 seconds (taking into account the 3 minutes of wandering around and also going into a shop to buy water). After that, I started walking to the gym and did the other 10 on my way there in 14 min and 50 seconds. Yeah, it was a little bit slower the second time but I had a small stretch of literally no girls and then when I went to the crowded areas I pussied out a bit more but still got it done before going into the gym. I did single girls, moving and standing, groups, whatever I saw that I thought I could do, and I (finally) got myself in some ackwards situations and got some weird reactions once and for all.

The beautiful thing is that tomorrow I will have to do it in 6 minutes 25 seconds or less the first time and then even less so this will force me to confront the crowded areas again until I get it done. This will force me to attack even harder these mind games that my brain is playing with me and will push me even further out of my comfort zone. Since tomorrow I will not be working out, I will try to push and do at least days 15 and 16 so I get done with all the high-5s for now. Hopefully I will put myself in more ackwards situations.

Last, but not least, for anyone reading this post, I want to let you guys know that we are building an accountability group for anyone that is currently doing or is thinking of starting the AA program so we can tribe up and push each other so we can ALL see the finish line in the end. The only "requirement" to join is to start doing the program and be vlogging it here in the forums. If anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM. I have already reached out to several ones and we are already 4-5 in.

Summary + lessons
  • Week 2 of the AA program completed
  • First day when I actually had some FUN
  • 20 drills done on my way to the gym, on the way back did none.
  • Tomorrow's time to beat is 6min 25 seconds which is completely doable, will push faster/harder in the second round
  • We are building an accountability group for all the fellas doing the AA program. Feel free to reach out if interested.
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-14
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 189
  • # of consecutive days approaching: 6
Youtube VLOG

Looking forward to making even more of a fool of myself and start taking myself less seriously in the next days.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:10 pm

7/09/2022

Workout log
Thinking of rewritting this log as a sleep log so I can start tracking it better and improving it, because sleep and sleep schedule still looks like shite. Went to bed at ~23:15 and couldn't fall asleep until 1:45, brilliant. And then wide awake at 7:00. So no workout again and dragging my ass through the day once again.

Even though beating AA is my current #1 goal, I need to get this handled ASAP or it will keep hindering down my progress with my main goal. I have already set several things in motion but things seem to be a slow start. Part of today's lack of success in the AA drills is because of this (potentially).

AA program log
Today was very fucking annoying. I went out on the street with basically no nervousness and with the goal of having fun and beating the 6min 25 seconds goal by doing the drills only on women I found attractive (single sets and groups). And almost all the approaches I did, the girls fell in that category. I know I could have done it in any women but I chose not to. In order to beat the goal, I have had to move to the crowded city center area that has been the challenge lately in order to get it done (in my neighborhood is basically impossible since there are not enough girls around at almost any time during the day).

The main problem has been that I think I have gotten a very bad roll of the dice today. Out of 44 sets that I approached, only 15 gave the high-5 back, and most of them being single sets or a single girl within a group (so in groups were I could have gotten 3-5 high-5s, I only got 1 all the times), so in no instance I was able to come any close to beating the goal of 10 high-5s within the 6 min 25 second time frame. But I did approach enough girls and groups within 6 min time periods to make beat the goal without problem, but as I kept getting ignored, walked by, or simply looked at and not returned the high-5 I started getting angry on the inside and frustrated. Angry and frustrated not because the negative reactions affected me (I did not give a fuck tbh, I didn't mind all the rejections and didn't mind the people surrounding me that might have been looking, I'm actually quite proud about this) but because the negative reactions have resulted in me not being able to beat the 6 min goal. And due to my low-energy state and the frustration that I have accumulated, I have given up around the 60 minute mark, which is way too soon to be quitting in a challenge like this, but I had had enough for the day.

I planned on going back at it in the afternoon but it has been raining and now a date is coming up so I won't able to do more drills today (it is literally next to my place). So no progress today as far as days completed, but at least I have showed up once again and done a significant amount of reps.

It's funny because I felt that I went out looking even better today than yesterday (I went with casual clothes and yesterday was wearing gym clothes) yet yesterday I got like 20 high-5 out of 24 tries or something similar, which blows my mind. Some were easier sets but still. I know it has nothing to do with me nor my appearance and despite being 1.92m (6'4) I'm pretty sure I'm not intimidating so this must have been variance simply. A lot of excuses have also passed my mind but they are all bullshit:
  • The girls I am doing the drills (central & eastern european mostly) on are not western girls so this won't work on them
  • I am doing the drills in a crowded touristic area so girls will be more wary and negative towards strangers
Still, there are some important learnings from today:
  • If I need to put in more reps to complete the drill because I am getting negative reactions due to variance, I need to STFU and do them. Remember, NO thinking, just executing.
  • I have pussied out significantly less today, skipped very few good sets, and for that I am very happy. Tomorrow I will push harder to go for even more forced/ackward approaches with hot sets almost always. That adds extra difficulty but these are the types of girls I will be going after anyway in the future.
  • The following conclusion I'm not sure if it's flawed: the negative reactions of the girls have not brought me down because I did not give a fuck about them in the moment but yet I have quit before finishing the day because of getting annoyed because I was not able to complete the challenge because of the negative reactions. So I am still outcome dependent? Assuming I was hitting up on women and asking for their #, this would have simply been a session in which I run into a lot of women who are not available so I would have simply moved on and continued the next day but without getting annoyed because of the bad strike of reactions.
  • As I write this, I believe Chris has written in the past about potential bad streaks in which you approach 30-50 women and don't get a single positive reaction from them (or at least a phone number or solid close). Or something like that he said (don't quote me lol). Anyway, this is getting weird, on to the summary.
Summary + lessons
  • Day 15 not completed, I could not beat the 6 min 25 second goal at any point, not even close.
  • Progress was still made, despite the day challenge not being completed. Clearly less outcome dependent and less pussying out (did skip very few sets).
  • My job is to execute as many reps as needed until the challenge is completed and leave. No giving up beforehand because you get a bad streak of reactions that make you miss the challenge goal
  • Less outcome dependent because bad reactions did not affect me emotionally but I lost motivation over time due to the bad reactions affecting my ability to achieve the challenge. So still outcome dependent in some other weird way.
  • If tomorrow I get a similar streak % with higher volume of sets I might have to reasses if there is something wrong with my approach (how I look, voice, body language, etc) or say fuck this and set this day as complete. I'm not sure how much growth I can get out of it if I am approaching almost all the sets and don't really care about the bad reactions. But here again, I welcome anyone to say why this is flawed.
  • First week of consecutive days approaching.
Progress log
  • 4-14
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 233
  • # of consecutive days approaching: 7
Youtube VLOG

(thumbnails not getting any better lmao)

Anyway, back at it tomorrow again. I'll probably be more reasonable and well thought after I sleep some more. The general mood of this post is probably the result of bad sleep tbf.
Last edited by twonightstander on Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goals completed (2022)
Hydro
Goal: Get below 255 by Sept
Motto: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:49 pm

Do you do multiple drills in one day at times? I see that you did Day 4-7 and 12-13 in one day each.
Get below 268 lb by August 1st [Got to 268.5 lb]
Get below 255 lb by September 1st. [In Progress]

Fix my sleep schedule (How to is in my irl journal)
Fill a journal entry daily even if I did nothing.
twonightstander

Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:02 pm

It depends on time available during the day to do drills. Tbh, I need to push harder but as long as I get at least 1 day done per day I'm OK with for now. I don't think there is any rule against doing multiple days the same day.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:56 pm

7/10/2022
Sunday the 10th was a weak day. I went out on a date on Saturday night and arrived at home at ~4:30 am so I was exhausted during Sunday and basically used the day to chill, plan my week, handle some errands and stuff. Still, at around mid to late afternoon I could have tried to go for some very low energy approaches/drills but decided not to. I had a date at 3pm and I literally cancelled because I was so done but I was lucky enough to reschedule for this Thursday (she got pissed at first since I told her ~1.5hours before the date only...).

7/11/2022
Monday was unexcusable in my opinion. Yes, in the morning I had to handle some errands and wait at home for a couple of packages to arrive but I had it all planned so I could have midday-early afternoon to do drills (I had a date already planned at 7pm). But this other chick on Tinder told me she was available so I ended up meeting her first instead of going out to do drills. There really weren't any other times slots available to go do drills and since I had arranged the dates 2 streets away from my place, there was not much to do on my way there. Still, it feels like a very convenient excuse, but an excuse nonetheless. And I am not happy about it.

7/12/2022

Workout log
Today I had a decent night of sleep so I went for a workout around midday. Did leg day which I hadn't done in a while, I have to pick it up since the workout is embarrasing:
  • Squats: 70kgs x 10,10,10,0
  • Incline leg press: 80kgs x 10, 110 kgs x 10, 130 kgs x 10
  • Walking lunges: 14kgs x 12 (each leg)
  • Stiff leg deadlifts: 80kgs x 10,10,10,10
  • Seated calf raises: 30kgs x 12,12,12
AA program log
Today I had to run a couple of errands/chores in the morning but after I had lunch and was on my way to the gym, I had time to do drills. So first of all, I did day 15 on my way to the gym with the first set of 10 taking me 6 min 45 seconds and the second one taking me 4 min 34 seconds. I had to do some drills at first to get warmed up but as soon as I got to the crowded area in the center I was able to pick up the pace. I would say I skipped more or less the same amounts of sets than on Saturday so pussying out has not gone to worse after the 2 day break. So that was it for day 15.

Then, in the afternoon, after my post workout meal at home I decided to go out again to recover some of the time lost for the past 2 days. But I was quite a bit in my head at first and it took me ~20 minutes to do a couple of standing high-5s because I was caught up thinking about something from home. But as soon as I arrived to the crowded area (again), I slapped myself and started to mass approach. I was a man with a purpose in that moment, I was literally telling almost all the sets I approached something like this: "Hi/Yo, I need your high-5 right now" with a semi serious but cheeky face. And funny enough, pretty much all the girls reacted positively and gave the high-5 back. Some asked questions like "Why?" but I was in game mode and got it done. Even though most I don't remember I did a couple of groups with hot/cute girls that really looked like they wanted me to talk more but I had to do the drill and leave, since that is what we're all about for now.

I ended up doing the 22 approaches in ~23 minutes, not skipping that many sets and not doing drills on older women. I was quite happy about it. So that was it for day 16, but as I reached a mall and did my last high-5s there, I thought to myself I could try day 17 as well. But I did a terrible mistake.

I decided to listen to Chris's audio for day 17 instead of going for the ABCs directly, and that killed my moment and made me go back into my head a bit. I still managed to run the entire ABCDEFG stack 4 times and 1 entire A-Z stack but my brain/mind/ego did not like AT ALL to play this socially retarded character. And even though the reactions of the girls were not necessarily bad, I felt so ackward that I was not able to do much more of day 17. My mind was gone and mommentum completely lost. Big shoutout and respect to whoever has done this drill the first try and in a very small amount of time.

So I wil clearly have to redo day 17 tomorrow, probably from scratch tbh. In any case, I still need to do some work on not giving a fuck and having fun during these drills. I was actually laughing a bit during the ABCs but the ackwardness beat it to the punch. The good thing is that I have set my schedule and meal plan already so I should have a lot of free time the next days to do drills. It will be a nice test of how bad I want this and how much time I am willing to spend every day on doing drills.

Despite the final hurdle, a decent day of work with 2 days completed (15 and 16), 60 approaches in total (44 high-5s, 11 high-5s rejections, and 5 ABC drils). Will have to work on SHOWING UP every single day for the next weeks so the habit gets engrained. Today felt more like a chore than a habit, but I guess this will take time.

Summary + lessons
  • 60 approaches for the day. Days 15 and 16 completed, day 17 to be repeated.
  • Recovered from ground from the lost time of the previous 2 days, which are unacceptable by all means.
  • A little bit more in my head than Saturday so it clearly shows that not doing this daily can slow your progress. Showing up is half the battle.
  • Huge mistake to listen to Chris's audio instead of going for ABCs directly after finishing day 16.
  • Schedule is set so I will have a lot of free time these following days. It is up to me to make the most out of it.
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-16
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 293
  • Drills repeated: day 7, day 15
  • # of consecutive days approaching: 1
Youtube VLOG

Back at it tomorrow, I will be sore af so it will be funny doing drills without being able to walk at all.

Last edit: after reading day 17s drill again I realized I already did 1x ABCEFG more than necessary lmao. I'm going to destroy this tomorrow.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:09 pm

7/13/2022 log

Workout log
Today slept alright I guess but good enough to go hit the gym in the morning again so I did:
  • Flat bench barbell press: 80kgs x 10,10,10,7
  • Incline barbell press: 55kgs x 10,10,10
  • Cable crossovers: 15kgs x 12,12,12
  • Dips: BW x 10,10,10
  • Tricep pushdowns (straight bar): 25kgs x 10,10,10
  • Tricep pushdowns (rope): 15kgs x 12,12,12
  • Some weighted abs
Still felt like I should be more energetic but I still need to get my nutrition & sleep dialed in but it's clearly moving in the right direction.

AA program log
Today I started with the mentality of repeating day 17 at least and take if from there. I tried to put some thoughts in my mind to try to relax a little bit more than yesterday and simply to get out of my head and give less of a fuck of the fact that I would look stupid while doing the drills. But still, that did not have the effect that I wished it had.

I managed to redo the entire day again but I did not manage to have much fun throughout it. I did laugh sometimes right after finishing the drill but I did not get any momentum nor I did feel fully comfortable at any point during the drills. I did a small twist to the day and it was that I decided I would not bother doing the 4 fractions and decided to do the full A-Z on all girls. So yeah, I played myself. But I still managed to do it on my way and back from the gym and managed to do it on several hot girls as well. Reactions were what one would expect if you get approached by someone socially retarded, so no need to comment on that.

Having day 17 out of the way and having plenty of time in the afternoon for more drills (the schedule was clear) I decided to go for day 18 after my post workout meal. It all started quite well, and I got up to 14 drills without that much hassle. But then I came into a halt due to the tiredness, the high temperature, the sun, among other excuses I guess. I got to a point where I lost my momentum again and my brain got tired all of the sudden. The interactions in general were quite decent and many girls were engaging quite in the whole discussions about my t-shirt but regardless of that, I was just feeling very tired and this day was feeling too much like a chore.

So I went back, chilled for a while, ate more and drank water and went out later in the day to finish day 18. I had 6 drills remaining plus I did 2 challenges as well. It wasn't until the 2 challenges and after the reactions of the girls that I started to have fun with the drill tbh (their reactions were priceless after the "my boyfriend bought it for me" lmao), which at least was a nice way to start the day.

This brings me back to this point that I need to figure out why some days the drills feel more like a chore and some days I have more fun. I'm guessing it's a combination of a tone of factors like energy levels, sleep, nutrition, the exact drill in place, outcome dependancy (still lingering a bit I guess), etc. This is something I will have to work on more.

I have also deducted the way AA affects me is not by raising my pulse but simply lowering my motivation and overall energy when approaching drills. And I have been proven once and once again already that if I push through it I can get passed it easily if I gain enough social momentum. But I still not manage to get there every day, or at least in every session where I do drills.

Anyway, still a decent day in which I showed up again and managed to do some approaches, 34 in total for the day. I need to remember after all that this is a marathon and not a sprint, so as long as I keep showing up and doing drills on a daily basis and building the habit, I should be able to see the finish line sooner or later.

Summary + lessons
  • Day 17 redone and day 18 done too. 34 total approaches for the day
  • Today felt more like a chore than fun, need to work on this and not take the drills so seriously or find additional ways of having fun while doing this. Or/and also find additional fun activities during the day, which I might not be doing a great job right now.
  • AA seems to affect me most as a reduction in motivation and overall energy while doing drills, but some other aspects might be at play here.
Progress log
  • Days completed: 4-18
  • Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 327
  • Drills repeated: day 7, day 15, day 17
  • # of consecutive days approaching: 2
Youtube VLOG

Back at it tomorrow for day 19, let's see how much of a gay voice I can really pull off. I will use the drill's intel to find a place to get a haircut forreal. Hopefully I retain more information than when I ask for the time.
Goals completed (2022)
twonightstander

Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:36 pm

7/14/2022 log

Today is going to be a RAW vlog because it was a RAW day.

On a day like today, I have had kind of an emotional breakdown and I guess some of my deep issues have started to come up (this is what Chris talks about in his post "This Process Will Strip You Down and Force You To Confront Your Real Issues") almost out of nowhere. Additional factors such as the fact that I am still quite new and lonely in this new city are affecting also but this is mostly inner stuff of myself.

In any case, this is a good thing, because I will need to confront, face and resolve all these issues that I have if I want to succeed and get my sex life to the level that I want to get it. There will be no way around it, it will be a long war with myself and daily battles but I need to show up and come up to the challenge instead of giving up and not trying harder. And this is what happened today basically, I went out did ~7 drills and I just felt tired and anxious like out of nowhere and could not go any further. The girls/sets were not stopping when I talked to them, they reacted weirdly almost always (like if "how's it going?" is something that weird to ask lol) and I became outcome dependent all of the sudden. As obvious as it might seem, none of today's approaches count for anything and I will restart day 19 from scratch tomorrow.

One of the things I'm struggling with the most is the fact that I have so much free time yet I'm really not accomplishing so much in compared to others that are pulling similar stuff while working 40-50 hour jobs and doing other shit. It's quite disrespectful for me to think I can get on the level of the absolute killers that are on this site (I have read threads of people like makingacomeback, colgate, etc) after only joining and starting working on myself for less than 2 weeks. But what I have read is very inspiring, and it has made me realize that I need to push harder.

So I will start doing daily task lists, I will write daily schedules with hour brackets, so I can try to stay as productive as I can and procrastinate the least amount of possible. I have already seen several resources on this site that I will start implementing from tomorrow. But I will not forget my #1 goal, so I will have to allocate several time slots on a daily basis to continue doing AA drills and will repeat the days as many times as I need. I might do several days one day or take several attempts to do one day but regardless, I need to never back down from these challenges again. The fear of not trying will need to feel worse than the fear of rejection/not succeeding.

I am aware that I will not be as productive as I wish when I start, but this should improve as time passes and I should get more and more shit down with every day I stick to the plan. And that's what I will do.

And besides doing all the hard work, I will make sure to celebrate even if it is in very controlled fashion, since this is something that I have not done yet and it will be a MUST as I progress through the AA program and get to the harder times. Reflecting on what you have already done will give me even more confidence as I face tougher challenges. Some things that I could have celebrated but that I haven't even taken as "victories":
  • Having approached 300 women in ~10 days even if it is for AA drills when in my entire life I haven't approached barely any sober
  • Having conquered week 1, week 2 of the AA program
  • Having reached day 19 of the AA program
  • Having been in 6 dates since Tuesday the 5th
  • ~3-4/6 dates want to meet for a date 2 and sex is on the table in most of them (I feel)
And that will be all for today's vlog unless I think there is something else important that I felt I should mention. From tomorrow and on, it will be workout and AA program logs like usual and I will try keep the emotional diarrea to the minimum. Still, it felt good to write this down and vlog it since what I vlog is what I feel after all.

Progress log
Days completed: 4-18
Total number of girls approached (accumulated): 334
Drills repeated: day 7, day 15, day 17
# of consecutive days approaching: 3

Youtube VLOG
I'll try to add a youtube video later because now I need to get going but I wanted to have this posted on time.

Tomorrrow will be a new day, a new day of advanced warfare. The war is far from over and I will die trying.

I am posting this because there is no way I can write this corny/cringe post without absolutely not getting after it from tomorrow and on. There can't be no turning back from this.
Goals completed (2022)
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Lose fat & Move
Motto: Use your dark side.

Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:43 pm

Biggest misconception is that having time is an advantage.

The more time you have, the less you value it.

So you end up squandering it.

Have as little white space on your calendar as possible.

I did most of my stuff working (including commute times) 50-60hrs a week.

That time scarcity forced me to use time well.

Guaranteed if I had more time I would've gotten less done.
Goals • Lose Weight • 한국어를 배우다

Past Goals:
AA program (viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40)
Lost vCard Day Game(viewtopic.php?p=17087#p17087)
OLD Log and Lays viewtopic.php?f=5&t=889

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
viewtopic.php?p=23227#p23227

twonightstander

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:16 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:43 pm
Have as little white space on your calendar as possible.
Yes that's true but if I want to go ALL IN with this goal (beating AA), I don't think filling my entire calendar with other activities so I only have small time slots to do drills is the best approach. I agree that I need to add more tasks to my schedule and I am working on it but I still want a big bulk of my day me doing AA drills and approaching women (that's how Scotty beat it so quickly). I need to train my mind to go all in every time I go out in the streets and I can only do this by going out a lot and facing my fears and challenges every time I do. It might sound crazy but I guess that's the David Goggins approach to this. I need to learn to be more productive and waste less time in general, and also add deadlines and time constraints for the AA program so I make better use of my time while doing the program.

I'll define a plan for it tomorrow. Feel free to let me know if this approach is flawed.
Goals completed (2022)