Jamgoth's Progress Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Jamgoth
Name: James
Goal: Get laid (1/100)

Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:48 pm

8/28/22

Weight: 124.8

I did work out yesterday. I didn't keep meticulous track of what I ate but I'm keeping a rough estimate in my head of how much protein and calories I'm getting per day and realized I was probably a little low so I had a weight gainer shake before bed.

I didn't really make an effort to talk to people, I know I should have. A girl did compliment my tattoo, which was nice.
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:31 am

8/29/22

Weight: 125.7

I did work out yesterday.

I've gotten used to the routine of working out and getting more to eat. I suppose there is nothing more to do than to follow it and see if I'm getting any results. I think I am seeing results already though, but it's hard to tell objectively.

This isn't helping me talk to women though. I need to do an approach anxiety program at some point. That's probably a bigger issue than me being skinny. I'm not hot enough for Tinder, but I don't think I'm ugly.
Matias
Goal: Get Laid

Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:50 am

Jamgoth wrote:
8/29/22

I've gotten used to the routine of working out and getting more to eat. I suppose there is nothing more to do than to follow it and see if I'm getting any results. I think I am seeing results already though, but it's hard to tell objectively.

This isn't helping me talk to women though. I need to do an approach anxiety program at some point. That's probably a bigger issue than me being skinny. I'm not hot enough for Tinder, but I don't think I'm ugly.
I think that for gym and fitness, unless you go all-in, it's giving it time. It would be good that as long as you can keep the habit of going to the gym, you can add approach's, meet people or create a tinder. That way you will see progress in other areas. Good luck and keep at it
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:25 am

Matias wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:50 am
Jamgoth wrote:
8/29/22

I think that for gym and fitness, unless you go all-in, it's giving it time. It would be good that as long as you can keep the habit of going to the gym, you can add approach's, meet people or create a tinder. That way you will see progress in other areas. Good luck and keep at it
I'm not getting matches on Tinder lol.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:45 am

Jamgoth wrote:
8/29/22

this post is like putting meat in a pan and complaining "you don't see it cooking" after 10 seconds

you've been logging your workouts for a week and you still aren't logging your calories

but the timeline to see even "minimal gains" is i'd say 4-6 months. if you put in serious effort you can get to probably 150-155 by march and probably be lifting roughly 225 squat, 155 bench, 275 deadlift (depending on your body type)
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:18 am

colgate wrote:
Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:45 am
Jamgoth wrote:
8/29/22

this post is like putting meat in a pan and complaining "you don't see it cooking" after 10 seconds

you've been logging your workouts for a week and you still aren't logging your calories

but the timeline to see even "minimal gains" is i'd say 4-6 months. if you put in serious effort you can get to probably 150-155 by march and probably be lifting roughly 225 squat, 155 bench, 275 deadlift (depending on your body type)
No, I'm saying I'm in the process of working on one issue, but I need to work on other stuff as well.
Jamgoth

Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:39 am

I am working on my fitness goals, I do keep track of weight and calories I just don't feel like posting here everyday. Weight is 128.0

I'm still skinny but I notice steady weight gains over the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to post a pic once a month so you guys can determine if I actually look better or if I'm just getting fat.

I think I look average. But even average guys can get a girlfriend. The problem is that I'm a meek loner who lives a boring life. Changing that would probably help me more than my fitness goals, but I'll continue to work on both.

Jamgoth

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:45 am

9/6/2022

Weight: 129.0

Can anyone tell me if in the image I showed previously I look skinny or skinny-fat? It's hard to tell? I'm about to head out for the gym.
hush
Goal: build my physique

Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:54 am

You're not that fat
You're not extra skinny either

Just keep hitting the gym 💪
Jamgoth

Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:52 pm

Weight: 128.5

I'm going to the gym regularly. I need to do the AA program on GLL because as Andy mentions on one of his posts, if you spend a year bulking up without actually talking to women, you're going to be in great shape but still bad at talking to women. The biggest issue holding me back is that I'm a loner and a hermit and that I'm boring because I don't do things for fun. That's hurting me more than my looks, which are average. I need to get used to being outside my dorm and actually doing things to talk about.

But I have other obligations right now so I feel like gym and eating more is all I have free time to do right now, but AA is definitely something I need to start.

I also realize I get into negative though spirals and that it drives people away. I need to be more aware of it and do it less.

One person (I think colgate) keeps saying you need your weight * 18 calories. Is this number a minimum for maintaining your weight and do you need an extra 500 or so calories to actually put on muscle or is weight *18 enough?
hush
Goal: build my physique

Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:51 pm

@Jamgoth how are you doing? Still going to the gym?
Jamgoth

Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:42 pm

hush wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:51 pm
@Jamgoth how are you doing? Still going to the gym?
As often as I can. I've been busy recently so I'm mostly focused with my fitness goals for now and putting off my other, non-career/non-academic goals to the side for the time being. I'm also trying to learn to put in contacts but holy fuck is it hard. I spent all Saturday trying to put it in my eyeball but no luck. I just ended up with a red eye.

I am working at this, but I don't feel like spamming the board with daily updates if all I have to comment on is my weight and how much I ate the previous day.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:29 pm

Jamgoth wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:42 pm
One person (I think colgate) keeps saying you need your weight * 18 calories. Is this number a minimum for maintaining your weight and do you need an extra 500 or so calories to actually put on muscle or is weight *18 enough?
that's the metric i tend to use for bulking.
Jamgoth wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 1:52 pm
I am working at this, but I don't feel like spamming the board with daily updates if all I have to comment on is my weight and how much I ate the previous day.
yeah that's fine, you can post weekly or monthly updates, daily updates for weight are too fine-grained anyway
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Jamgoth

Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:14 am

colgate wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:29 pm

yeah that's fine, you can post weekly or monthly updates, daily updates for weight are too fine-grained anyway
Yeah my plan was at the beginning of every month I post a shirtless bathroom selfie so you guys can judge if I'm actually improving my looks.

I am gaining weight. A few days ago the scale recorded 131.8. This is up from 124.9 at the beginning of the semester which was 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Jamgoth

Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:33 pm

https://ibb.co/1QpNGW9

October selfie. Weight 130.8. I'm not seeing much of a difference but who knows. I'm still way too skinny.

How does the goatee/hair look?

Also, I really need to do something about the bags under my eyes.