ReachKid's log - Positive focus

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
jeagle63
Goal: Build strong habits

Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:56 pm

Day 2 of daily log

Last night I had afters back at mine, raving with a couple of my friends and had fun.

I think that I would like to return to therapy. I wouldn't say that I feel hopeless or super depressed/anxious all the time anymore. I also think my self-esteem is pretty decent nowadays. As these were the goals of my therapy before, I felt at the time it was worth ending my sessions. However there's still a few things surrounding confidence that I think it would be beneficial to work through.

With some things in life (mainly navigation) I feel like an expert, I feel in control. If someone was going to argue with me about directions or something related to travel/transport, I'm confident in myself that I would be able to straight up say You're wrong, and deal with any confrontation from it. I have no imposter syndrome, because this is the thing I study but also the main subject area I've been passionate about since my childhood.

I feel like with most other things that I don't believe im an expert in, I self sabotage because there's a part of me that thinks I can't be good at it. Like in the salsa class, despite having fun I'm always apologizing for making mistakes rather than losing myself in the moment and just saying fuck it. Imagine if I was taking someone on a trip and we got lost, I wouldn't have to apologize, as I'm never lost for long and can always figure out a solution.

Working with a therapist I would love to be able to apply this way of thinking that I have for my navigation/travel skills towards the other aspects of my life. Girls, my job, friendships etc. I feel quite uncomfortable when I have an ego/am projecting confidence, unless I know full well that I am right and know what I'm doing. However, I know that most of the fun in life is not knowing what's going on but still having fun with it.
jeagle63

Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:14 pm

Day 3

I pushed 100lbs on the chest machine at the gym today, which I think is a milestone for me. I want to try and figure out my current max rep strength next time I do chest day.

My interest in tinder has gone down the last few days. I'm getting matches still but as I haven't yet met anyone and haven't done photos in ages I think I'm just getting complacent now.

Ive started to log successful days on my whiteboard. Sometimes I get quite negative and down on myself for failing and this compounds over time. So I decided to do a new thing, just aim for one goal a day whether that be goto Uni, meet friends, do assignments, go gym, talk to girls etc. And if I complete that goal my day is a success. I hope over time doing this will make me happier and less negative.
jeagle63

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 am

---
Last edited by jeagle63 on Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:09 am

jeagle63 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 am
Day 4

I had a really good day today. Went to all my lectures, felt like I was making a breakthrough with the salsa classes as I was able to social dance without fearing looking stupid.

I accidentally went on the piss after and this is getting kinda bad now ngl, I look for any excuse to go out and party cuz it's when I feel the most socially free/have the most fun. The problem is that I usually drink rum straight from the bottle, because I prefer it to mixed.

Anyway, at 4am going to an afters I start pouring rum into everyone's mouth and we are having fun. Had a really intimate vulnerable conversation with a girl and a couple of my mates at the afters then I had to help her get home cos she was too drunk. I feel a bit bad but in my flat we had a really nice time, and it was intimate and cute but I didn't want to do anything because of the drinking.

Anyway this was so good for me and I'm guess Im glad I stayed up till 7am to have it, but fuck me the way things are going I'll be going to AA meetings in a couple years.
This sucks but it can be an important lesson for you. You are not forced to drink when you’re going out neither are we forcing you not to drink at all.

If you were sober, you probably would be able to stop the girl getting too drunk and still took her home for some fun times. Looks like both of you got caught up in the moment.

I’m really proud that you didn’t had sex with a totally drunk girl. Most guys would’ve just done it, you had the morals not too.

I would give yourself a set amount of which you can drink next time. You can try not drinking at all but that’s just dodging your problem.
jeagle63

Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:05 pm

Day 6

Missed day 5 on the log but I went to a job interview that I think went well so fingers crossed by the end of the week I'm back in work.

Got bad news today, not about me but too private to write here. Life throws curveballs sometimes. Nothing really to add, except I'm ready and excited for tomorrow.
jeagle63

Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:22 pm

---
jeagle63

Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:00 am

---
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Dec 15, 2022 7:08 am

jeagle63 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:00 am
today I was able to pull with only eye contact and was in total control of my emotions, no anxiety or fear just fun.
this requires more of an explanation than half of a sentence lmao
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
jeagle63

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:46 pm

---
Last edited by jeagle63 on Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:59 pm

ah when you said pulled, i thought you meant the whole deal of bringing her back to your place and (probably) banging her, i got you now

nice makeout man
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Thu Dec 15, 2022 3:46 pm

colgate wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:59 pm
ah when you said pulled, i thought you meant the whole deal of bringing her back to your place and (probably) banging her, i got you now

nice makeout man
I've noticed that a lots of Brits say "pull" as in "get some action" whereas in the community we say "pull" as "bring a girl to a sex location".
jeagle63

Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:20 pm

---
jeagle63

Fri Dec 23, 2022 3:20 pm

---
jeagle63

Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:20 am

---
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:37 am

jeagle63 wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:20 am
My current goal is to get money so I'm not too poor to do anything, new job will help with that. But in the short-medium term I would like to find a sort of life-coach, someone who can teach me what kinda things you can fill up a day with if not Instagram reels/YouTube/gym/nights out. Someone who can motivate my positive thoughts and help me get over the negative ones. And someone who can help me become more sure of myself when I'm needing to put myself out there, whether that be with a beautiful girl or in my job etc.

I think that having someone in person I'm paying and will be accountable to will help me a lot.
You are literally describing what @MakingAComeback does for a living, and he happens to be in the same country as you!