THE BROWN SHOGUN - japanese language progress + social life update

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Thrice
Name: Mohamed
Goal: get laid
Motto: GO GET SOMETHING FUCKING DONE

Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:52 pm

That's some serious paint(photoshop? ) skills right there!

I'm happy it's working, thank you for joining, the group wouldn't work without serious members in it

I'm thinking of using those glasses even outside home, if i find small comfortable ones, yes they look weird because they are orange, but we are all in a learning to not give a fuck about people's opinion journey here..

colgate wrote: ↑
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:36 am
@Thrice for impulsively creating
Talk about impulsivity, that thread is full of type i look like a retarded hahahha
Looking for a hardcore accountability partnerπŸ‘‡πŸ½

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2052
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 pm

WE GOT THE BULLDOG BIOHACKING

Forum - please keep backing this guy.

He's of course my friend and also a client of IronWill, the biohacking, cornerstone habits, and just downregulation his stress hormones and physiologically rebuilding this dude into a happy, healthy, positive soul truly WILL get him the types of experiences he seeks.

Bulldog is the man, works his ass off, trusts the process, his looks are improving all the time, his vibe is improving all the time:

With underlying focus, clarity, superior mental and emotional health, and just sinking deeper and deeper into his identity, healing, and integrating himself, his energy and overall being WILL change.

As we all know, I did this, and continue to do this.

Self improvement, for me, is ultimately about being a healthy, happy, deep soul who can walk into a room and put a smile on the face of others. You draw the right women in, repel the wrong ones, and just bring positivity and powerful energy to the world.

Bulldog, you got this man.

You are also a great learner, whilst the other guys here may not know it, I'd wager Bulldog is one of the top 3 most intelligent people on the forum in just raw IQ (we were chatting at the start of our last call & he casually solved a rubix cube in a minute or two). Nature, inner healing, and bringing these guys deeper into who they are can unlock the next level.

This is where some of the highly intelligent/borderline genius guys like Bulldog, Pancakemouse, can IMO really unlock another level - through the restorative and healing power of nature practices or mitochondrial rejuvenation.

Nothing fixes a "stuck" brain faster. But thus stuff is a process, with highs and lows, and even guys who are in DEEP, like me, who are extremely driven and hard working, all have to bow down to the self improvement gods and the fire that comes in the game is inevitable. Robustness and a deep masculine core are the actual reward from this: to build something that is unbreakable.

As you guys can see from the work I'm doing with Bulldog, IronWill is DEEP: I monitor each guy very carefully and add a layer at a time, and use a deep, wide ranging toolkit (12 years of this stuff) and work towards the ideal for all of them: the ideal is always high performance, defined as the ability to set an action plan for a day and be able to execute it without battle or struggle. How we build that is operant conditioning, healing, day structure, cornerstone habits, and belief work, biohacking, etc.

Hence why I do this DAILY (Mon-Fri), intensively, and have to be very fucking present - cap what I offer at 30 dudes because it's purely results driven.

Thanks for sharing the work we're doing bossman & keep crushing,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
OnTheComeUp
Goal: Get Laid & Party Hard
Motto: Just Fucking DO IT!

Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:57 pm

@colgate I’ve been using do not disturb mode on my iphone to help me sleep on time. I turn on do not disturb mode and customize my wallpaper for my Lock Screen and Home Screen with the default moon wallpaper. The moon wallpaper appears during my do not disturb hours. This gives me a visual indicator to get off my phone and go to sleep.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:30 am

lol sorry for not posting here for a while

i've been mostly following a solid routine of waking up early, going to the gym, and eating my calories. admittedly there were a few days where i fucked up and i'm still not 100% of where i want to be mental-health wise but it's on an obvious upward trajectory.

i'll post random/potentially notable(?) things that happened in the past 10 days

brotha from anotha motha
https://www.instagram.com/stallone.riju/

this guy literally has the same complexion as i do, and is also the same height as i am. so i am basically going to just copy him for style, and i know what i should be ultimately be aiming for body wise as well

(i shaved the pube-ass facial hair later lol)

i had found out about this guy about 3-4 weeks ago actually during my investigation of "how do i market myself to japanese girls"

liquid catharsis display
there was one day where i had just come back from the gym around 4pm. i had bought the remainder of my calories for the rest of the day and i had a list of things to do for the remainder of the day.

but i just came home, sat on the computer, and binged youtube videos. didn't even take a shower, just sat there in filth watching english youtube. i got hungry too, yet i didn't eat anything for the rest of the day. just like a heroin addict in the street, filthy and hungry.

i've written here all the tricks and methods i usually have to refocus, but i basically just thought "i was okay and i was too good for them"...while continuing to binge.

it became 1am and i was basically pissed that i had wasted the whole day. literally nearly every day up until this point i had been doing everything right, and being on top of my shit, so much to the point that i thought i didn't even need to log my todo lists on the forum. but i started slipping.

FUCK!

i slammed my laptop lid down and was about to head off to bed

i slammed my laptop lid down....

i slammed....

wait why isnt it closed lol....

apparently my usb hub was resting on top of my keyboard and i didn't notice it in the dark, so i basically had slammed the screen onto it. lol!!!!!!!!

after i finish writing this post, i'm going to turn this laptop into the repair shop and go sans computer again for a while. yet another japanese language practice opportunity!

rebound
that was basically the visceral wakeup call i needed.

i mentally masturbated myself and crystallized beliefs that i'm not attractive enough for japan, and therefore i don't have to go out and do anything. granted i have been going to the gym and bulking, but any retard can go to the gym

i made a real effort to actually go and look at how i can make friends. there are foreigner/cultural exchange type groups on the meetup app but i want to interact with japanese people in their natural habitat (meetup is basically only known by people who care a lot about foreign social media).

there's the japanese equivalent of craigslist jmty, and i met some guy who wanted to go to a curry restaurant with someone. i told him am actually indian and i know an almost-authentic indian curry place (ok the story of why i know that is interesting in itself, but in short, i met up with some guy who claimed he wanted to practice english for his exam, but instead wanted to recruit me for his bizarre jehovah's witness-esque buddhist cult).

anyway, so we met up for curry and then he was asking me what my goal on jmty was. i said that i'm trying to look for meetup groups and friends with common interests, especially lifting. he told me he's part of this "working adult community" (η€ΎδΌšδΊΊγ‚³γƒŸγƒ₯ニティ for lack of a better translation lol) and there were going to be like 30 people meeting up at a bar the next evening. BINGO!

the inner sanctum
i show up, and literally after saying precisely zero words to people (rough english equivalents lol):

"holy shit you're jacked!"

"you've really been pumping those muscles"

"what do i have to eat to look like that"

"how much do you bench?"

"handsome man!"

literally i made eye contact with people and they would start feeling my biceps.

i'm about 158lbs which is the biggest i've ever been, and i have lower body fat than i did when i was 155 about a year ago (since i had cut down to 143 and bulked back up). also i've been drinking 2L of water every day. thanks @MakingAComeback

i would be talking with some people, and other people would join just to comment on my physique

then, to further boost my status, they had a darts contest and i owned the shit out of it by getting 2 bullseyes out of 3 shots. so then people were coming up to me like "damn you're good at darts!!!!"

usually when i go to japanese meetups, the most notable thing about me is that i'm a "foreigner" and my "japanese is so good".

i actually got zero of those comments until maybe a couple towards the end of the meetup. but this was the first time i wasn't "the foreigner", i was actually "the jacked guy"

being american/indian/whatever was like a footnote, even in a society as homogenous as japan. even after they knew i was clearly from america, most people were more interested in how i got jacked rather than anything about america.

as i was leaving people were like "please come again!!!!", and i headed home.

i sent a voice message to troy to debrief. after 4 hours of active japanese conversation, never has sending a 6 minute voice message in english felt so cathartic in my life.

reflection
i did some other things recently as well including
- playing around with some of the japanese dating apps, but they all require japanese ID verification, and foreigner passports/american ID doesn't count. so that will have to wait until i return to japan. but i was actually getting some messages and replies (that i couldn't actually read due to said ID verification requirements)
- doing a boxing lesson in japan and paying the entrance fee to commit to it
- teaching my friend who took me to hokkaido how to workout and doing a full-body program with him
- going to a batting cage on a whim with a friend and figuring out how to hit 90mph fastballs
- going to a movie theater and watching a japanese movie
- going to this working adult community's "introductory seminar". i'll explain it later because i want to research more about it. but from what i understand, japan seems to have these communities that aren't just casual meetup groups, but full on life planning/life advice organizations that organize both events like barbecues and vacations, in addition to having advisors who can guide your career path and give investment advice. they're basically religions but instead of the religion, it's focused around people who want to make money and have a satisfying life lol. kind of like bringing back the social life + life advice services aspect from universities but for people who already graduated college i guess? lol

i understood most of what was happening at the beginning, but admittedly listening to some guy talk about "how is anyone supposed to enjoy life when their salary is so low" for a whole hour drained my focus bar and my comprehension waned as the seminar continued. basically i went from 70-80% comprehension to 30-50% to 0-10% over 3 hours and started falling asleep lol.

most of the comments and attention i got was male attention. i didn't have girls coming up and talking to me, but i think japanese girls are just more passive and shy (which i like anyway lol).

but this was an invaluable experience, because now i know how people perceive me, and it's overwhemingly positive.

i don't know how to capitalize on the attention, and my social battery drains even quicker in japanese because i have to actually concentrate to understand what people are saying. it's not like english where i just unconsciously hear "english noises", automatically understand the meaning, and then branch off and think about every possible nuance and context that the meaning could have been in. japanese is more like
- not paying attention = noise
- paying attention = depending on the context, i'll understand what's being said at face value

luckily, the meditation has helped with my focus but admittedly i haven't been meditating as much as i was a month ago. focus is paramount for doing anything in japanese.

and i was basically 0% proactive in leading or keeping any conversations going. the most i did was exchange with some girl who mentioned she wants to try the indian place i took my other friend. otherwise, i basically only talked to other guys lol. there was this chick with HUGE TITTIES!!!!!!!!!!! and was hyper short and wearing high heels and i was just like HHGGNGAHGAHGANGJGEIFSHDKFJEGDASFLASLFGJIR.

admittedly i'm like that in english too though. i only talk a lot (and i really do talk a LOT!!!) if i'm "absolutely sure the other person is going to understand what i'm going to say", and it's usually just about my own life stories. i haven't learned how to have conversations in a way where it's mutually beneficial like an adult, and that's basically paramount for dating and talking to girls (which is basically trying to get them to want to talk to you about themselves and open up).

basically now there's no doubt that i'm initially seen as attractive and that i can get my foot in the door (at least irl), but i have no idea how to actually capitalize on it.

also, in retrospect, binging japanese youtube for at least half of the time i've been here in japan has actually massively helped. i'm catching myself understanding things i couldn't understand even 2 months ago, unconsciously using new phrases and speaking in new ways i hadn't before. my perception of the language has actually changed, but there's still a long way to go.

this is going to be an interesting challenge in that not only do i have to "finally address the fact that my social age is 7", i have to also do it in japanese lol. so i have an exciting blank slate here.

ultimately i have to experience as many things in japanese as possible.

jmeetup_blurred.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:54 pm

i will now ban myself from english youtube from Feb 1-14 when i return to america for a minute

hugely distracting and at this point i have no "depression reasons" to be doing it. brain just has to be rewired and find pleasure/stimulation out of more productive things again

will use this log for accountability again

Feb 1
[] no english youtube
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:02 pm

feb 1
βœ… no english youtube

bingo day 1 done
IMG20230201153626.jpg
feb 2
[] no english youtube
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 am

i haven't watched a single english youtube video in the past week and did a bunch of social things blah blah, i'll make a summarized update when i leave japan

this post is just a quick mindset/thought dump
Manly Cockfellow wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:23 am
I actually think you look so good at this point it's gonna be a bit strange if you go around asking women for things instead of telling them what you want, because you look elite and like you are used to clearly communicating, and getting, what you want.
pasting this old quote as a reminder. i actually literally didn't even read this or remember this when Manly Cockfellow posted it

looks are clearly fine/great/above average as i posted about in my last journal, now it's all about correcting and paving a new path for being a freaking NORMAL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not being some mouse isolating himself in the corner

make people feel like you care about them instead of being a 7 year old child wanting all the attention

guys who are attractive to girls not only are liked by girls, but some girls also hate them and that's how it works. the worst position is when you make no impression on people, when people think "wait, who was that again? oh yeah he was a good guy". so not talking to anyone is the WORST thing you can do
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:18 am

colgate wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 am
i haven't watched a single english youtube video in the past week and did a bunch of social things blah blah, i'll make a summarized update when i leave japan

this post is just a quick mindset/thought dump
Manly Cockfellow wrote: ↑
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:23 am
I actually think you look so good at this point it's gonna be a bit strange if you go around asking women for things instead of telling them what you want, because you look elite and like you are used to clearly communicating, and getting, what you want.
pasting this old quote as a reminder. i actually literally didn't even read this or remember this when Manly Cockfellow posted it

looks are clearly fine/great/above average as i posted about in my last journal, now it's all about correcting and paving a new path for being a freaking NORMAL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not being some mouse isolating himself in the corner

make people feel like you care about them instead of being a 7 year old child wanting all the attention
Fuck isolation mouse!!!!!!!1111

I've never read it but some seem to recommend this book:
https://archive.org/details/the-social- ... nd-make-f/

There's a bunch of other recommendations here:
https://socialself.com/blog/books-improve-social-skills
colgate

Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:57 am

pancakemouse wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:18 am
Fuck isolation mouse!!!!!!!1111
yes

also adding specific action points for being in any situation around people, because i always just freeze up with "oh but what should i say"

- attend things you have expertise in so you already have endless material/knowledge to talk about (easy mode)
- attend things you DON'T have knowledge in as well. here, you need to get people to talk about their interest in the hobby/topic and allow them to talk as much as they want. this one is arguably more important. if there's no theme, or you otherwise ran out of things, get them to talk about how they found out about this event and if they know people. you need to get any person you're talking to describe themselves and who they are as much as possible!!!!!!
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:16 am

πŸ‘‘ social KING
- "being good at conversation" means ACTIVELY LISTENING!! to people
- "meetups are listening places". genuinely tries to find out what kind of person everyone is, what they want to talk about, what they value
- introduces related people to each other, building not only new connections for himself, but for others
- recognizes obligatory small talk is a necessity to getting into "deep and interesting" conversations
- brings fun experiences to new people
- does not care if people "hate" him, realizes the worst position is when people think "wait who was that guy?". like/hate dichotomy is wrong. his goal is to learn about people, like he could write their biography. this has nothing to do with being "liked" or "hated"

social princess
- wants people to just start talking to him
- wants everyone to like him and service him, and hand him fun things on a platter
- has a "celebrity fantasy", where he just wants people to do whatever he wants just for existing
- doesn't care about knowing other people
- only rambles about himself to everyone, and allows people to lavish him in praise
- does everything to actively avoid being hated, even if it means talking to no one and standing around just to avoid the risk. someone will come up to you and ask "what's wrong?" and then you'll get all the attention again anyway
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Crimson
Name: Brandon
Goal: Move out
Motto: TAKE ACTION

Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Lool, recognize myself a lot in the social princess.
My Progress Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1564

My Mental Health Log: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1416
colgate

Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:47 am

adlib japanese speaking video (turn the volume down lol)

i've been listening/watching japanese youtube for probably upwards of 5-6 hours a day

i also downloaded a bunch of videos that i either already mostly/completely understand, or of topics i'm interested in and listen to them on loop when doing random things

i've also gone to 5-6 meetups from the group i mentioned previously and i'm getting more comfortable with not just japanese but also general social interaction.

progress
+ listening ability has skyrocketed. have more confidence outside of 1-on-1 convos.
+ confidence in speaking has increased, can speak with more nuance than i could previously from phrases i learned by listening to japanese youtubers
+ completely uniquely new compliments. "your japanese is better than my wife's!!!!", "wow your japanese is better than japanese's people's!!!!" (ironically)
+ even tho i've not specifically studied for it, i tried the jlpt N1 practice test on a whim and got 11/17 right. to pass the real exam you have to get at least freaking 30% on each section and then a 55% overall which is hilariously low. the only reason this is useful is because passing n1 opens up a bunch of opportunities in japan and it's probably what my school is going to be teaching anyway

weak points
- accent really hasn't changed much, all notions of "intonation" flies out the window when i do get stuck and i don't "get stuck like a native does"
- generally using filler phrases incorrectly
- vocab is still trash but improving i think???
- i have to actively focus to comprehend japanese. it isn't automatic like english. my focus has been shot from being a zoomer retard wasting time on the internet, so this will be a huge point to improve on (dude, why aren't you meditating???????)

the group also has "english cafe" every saturday morning but it's really just "talking about english in japanese". at the first english cafe event, i was the only native english speaker so i gave advice/feedback on everyone's english introductions, and segued into random things i know about language learning

the second english cafe event, there were 3 other foreigners but my japanese level blows theirs out of the water. yes i'm going to brag about my dumbass japanese level lol. i basically ended up translating a bunch of random english phrases they were trying to teach everyone else into japanese. seeing everyone go like "ohhhhhh i got it" and nod after i explained things gave me a huge rush lmao

lol my voice is hella loud so you can basically hear me the entire clip

i told the english cafe organizer that i want to lead the next cafe and introduce japanese people to the methods i've used to improve listening comprehension/pick up colloquial phrases. i'll plan it later but it'll basically be doing a live demo of showing them some english videos and then having them write down what they understood, and then replaying it and etc and seeing how they pick up things. i figured it would be good to actually demonstrate the things i was talking about during the previous english cafes instead of just explaining it.

even tho i've been trying to avoid english in general (the only strict ban i put was english youtube, but i still try to do most things in japanese), this english cafe is like a "value hack" for me and i've never led events before so this will be some well needed social experience

so i'm going back to america on the 14th. i plan on doing a bunch of window washing again to make some quick $$$$$$$ and have some blue collar style grind again while i wait for my student visa and arrange housing for when i come back. aiming to return around march 20th at the latest. and also just continuing to blast my ears with japanese as much as possible. guess i'll be experimenting with a so-called "silent period"
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!