Wnyhg progress log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Wnyhg
Goal: Lose weight
Motto: The higher you climb the harder you fall.

Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:38 pm

Two things. Reading others posts I’ve noticed mine being not well thought out and almost mental. I usually wait a day or two before submitting my reports back in the day but maybe this flow and train of thought is ok for me, I’d like to see what the mushrooms do. There’s a psych term for this, but it’s escaping me right now. The treatment for this is mushrooms.

Second thing, I have a sumo rack I bought. I got 600 lbs of weights minus a few 5 lb plates a barbell I have to one of my buddies who wants to start lifting. I’ve got the dip bars and also picked a used back hyperextensuon set. Olympic dumbbells and a chin-up bar with some resistance bands. I’ve no excuse not to workout now. Total cost? About 550 dollars.

I’d love to start walking a couple miles a day, but here it’s still cold and the sidewalks can be iffy.

I was going to get my teeth cleaned but the dentist broke her hand, I gotta wait now. I was going to start going to read on art like Rembrandt and Warhol but I’m going to pass until and unless I need a coach. How to redevelop my dichotomy and create a juxtaposition? I was thinking of reengagung Ross Jeffries work Well see.

My workout partner has let his job get in the way and I’m not going to let him stop me from going to the gym, we’ve gone mostly in the am but some days in the pm and he’s back out or it would snow. The thought occurred to me that I even in this situation I need to keep my frame, and he’ll either come with me or respect me for not giving up or into other priorities.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:04 pm

Keep working Doc!

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Wnyhg

Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:56 pm

God please throw me a bone. Not a porterhouse, sirloin, fibula or rib. Please throw me a femur. From a Brontosaurus. Thank you.
First dose of mushroom in. Nothing hallucinogenic, over the last day or so I can feel o knot being removed from the top of my head. Almost like some heavy curtains opening up. I don’t think it’s placebo effect.

Squat 95 x 25 x 3. Hack squat 90 x10 x2. Dumb split squat 55 x9x2 then 60 9 X 2. Calf raises and crunches minimum weights or nine for about 50. My ears were popping by the time I was done.

Protein 207 carb 550 fat 193. Going to have to be careful with protein looks like I got a touch of gout from over intake.
MakingAComeback

Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:30 am

Solid!

You're doing some inner work with psychedelics doc? LIke it

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

Wnyhg

Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:40 pm

Weight 250
Chest 45
R arm 15
L arm 15
"2"" above"44
Belly 46
"2"" below" 44
Hips* 43.75
R thigh 25
L thigh 25
Height

Target Weekly Weight Change up 3 lbs
Other Activity? None
Training Time(s) limited training partner was not helping
Minimum Protein Target (g) 150(avoid gout)
Training Adherence this week poor
Sleep issues? (0-5) 2 avoid cell before sleep
Stress issues? (0-5) 2
Hunger issues? (0-5) 3
Fatigue/lethargy? (0-5) 3 need carbs minimally

So I increased my protein and got gout overnight alongside limited workouts but those that I did do were long. Partner messed things.up. Not happy especially posting these numbers even though they show an inch off my arms and an inch off my chest and neck? How does that even work? For fat guys like me there is a caliper test I came up with, not gonna patent it.

Grab your gut, pinch it with your hand. Straighten up. Does the top part alongside the xiphoid roll out of your hand or not? Grab the love handle or skin alongside your waist to the outside, is the pad of fat decreasing? How much do you have to rotate or flex to the side for it to come out of your hand? You could always take a picture, but I’ve been gauging my belly for years. It is even now definitely down and for the last 2 weeks, when I straighten out it rolls out of my hand that even I’m surprised that it does. I had a roll of fat just below my ribs that would stick out like a hernia,irritated the daylights out of me. Gone. I felt it dissipate since there last 2 weeks m. I couldn’t believe it. You can purchase calipers but those are for fit guys and not chubbies like me.

Goal after listening to a podcast is to exercise fasted with some aerobics after to take advantage of low insulin and eat at 2 pm. I think that was the analysis of the meta analysis.

Also more water. Keep an eye on my protein intake , it may be turning to fat cause I wasn’t really out there this week but was punching 200 grams of protein. Goal will be to stay hydrated and teeter around 200 grams.

I was ticked because I had to take a recovery alongside a day because of my partner . I did a quick check of the volume I’ve lifted and from Jan 14 till now m, it’s doubled at least for legs. So powerlifting with low reps and high poundage to higher reps with intermediate weights can lead to volume increases. I think I’ll limit my rest periods to try and keep my HR up and add some intensity. I’ll probably work on supersets next but I need to figure out exercises first. I’m liking kettlebells

Honestly these number don’t make sense. Unless theres muscle involved and I’m 50+.
Wnyhg

Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:27 pm

Incline bench press with the bar x 100. Incline flues 7.5 X 25 x 2 then brought the weight up to 15. Flat flyes 20 x8 then 40 x 15 x 2. Incline hammer curls 10 x 15 x 2 then skullceushers 50 x 2. I miss lifting heavy and I’m sore.

Gone back to reading and recommendation is 1 g/lb for a cut. I’m stuck, This fuckin gout. I’m also probably drinking way too many diet soda and according to Tim Ferris’s book fructose may cause gout. I completely disagree but you know.

I used a different macro counter(my fitness pal) and it put me at almost 250 grams vs 192 carbs 142 and fats 134 on mymacros app that I use.

Hydration is still an issue.

The only heavy I’m lifting are deadlifts. As I mentioned my volume is up despite mid weights. If I go to twice a week with biking I’ll probably start pushing powerlift numbers , we’ll see. soon I’m going to be biking so I might need to change routine to avoid over use of legs until they acclimatize.

Main concern is upping my protein intake. I’m going to indulge in honey and cottage cheese. Change the eggs to omega organic types since the fat content may be making it difficult to lose the weight. I remember cheese really causing my weight to go up. Amd whey protein of course. I’ve two buckets and will
Wait before going out to get more.

1. Chest / Triceps, 2 Back /Biceps, 3 Legs / Shoulder although I’ll avoid doing chest on mondays. This is the routine that was recommended I’ll eventually be using, I might combine biceps and triceps to one day or work in a part I think needs help and isn’t sore.
Wnyhg

Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:28 pm

Kettlebell swings 45 x 10 x 3. Hi iso lateral rows 90 x 10 then 160. X 10-13 x 3. Lat pull downs 45/10/1,90/10/2. T bar row 45/10/2-3. I didn’t do deadlifts didn’t feel strong for 285, do it Wednesday.

No such thing as omega eggs, shortage or something. I think that’s part of the issue, too much fat. I’ll switch to tuna Skipjack tuna and some mayo either egg noodles or a sandwich. There’s only so much whey I can drink. I’ve been considering a multivitamin but I’ll wait until I get to the shop, they often stiff on clearance that’s not online.

I’ve got a lot on my mind, I’ve learned to take it one step a time and prioritize. Keeping my frame with the family and reestablishing boundaries is hard, especially when people have been and are not open to change. It’s hard to drop parents and brothers. I often wonder if it’s arrogance on their part that they can’t accept me for standing up for myself and being different than what they would traditionally expect. Idk, I come first. That mushroom stuff is working.
Wnyhg

Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:28 pm

Romanian deadlifts 185/5/2. Front squats 90/10/2. Incline leg press 90/10/2.

The powerlifting coach follows a carnivore diet. I asked him about my regime and he “yelled” at me. He went off. Calories in and calories out but for you follow your macros. No cheating whatsoever. I told him about the weight supplement and his response was too many carbs. He asked pertinent questions and max recommendations. This basically goes back to what natedawg said in his post. Not going to far ahead I’m eventually going to follow the IF diet or eating twice a day.

So the eggs, and the prime mass aren’t helping. I’m going to have to finish them and hopefully kill myslef in the gym. He does believe in somatotyoes which is the question I asked him after he asked me if I do cardio.

The mushrooms are helping. Not a lot of perseveration going on. I want to take another f dose but once a month only.

I got tested and my testosterone was low, I’ve given myself an injection of cypionate yesterday in my butt. Yippee. Hopefully I won’t turn into a slob. TSH was normal and labs were good.

Goals are to keep doing the gym and add vegetables by the boatload in order to avoid having to take a multivitamin. I know, but the same money can used to find good quality veggies. I’ll find a farmers market, the one close by hasn’t opened yet.

Human beings are made of haste and I want this phase of life to be over. Im not twenty, but out of the ashes im finding myself again in a better light and with a more individual mindset.
MakingAComeback

Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:09 pm

Great stuff.

Enjoy your process.

Be easy and compassionate towards yourself.

Mentally, processing this and being so at peace, is important when on the weight loss journey.

Enjoyment of life can suffer when doing "hard things", but shouldn't slip for too long, as this can pull towards suffering. We know when we're there, and it's not useful.

I say this, as you mention wanting haste, but self improvement is a quite slow process and being so at peace with that and life matters. Otherwise, you can break your own heart.

I've stupidly done that to myself a few times.

Compassion and self love is key here.

You're doing well Doc

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Wnyhg

Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:02 pm

Recovery day since I can’t walk normal and I can’t lift my hands to comb my hair comfortably.

Zyzz and chestbrah liked tuna. The nutritional facts show 25 grams of protein per can and sounds cheaper and tastier than whey. There’s a difference between the tuna in water and oil and brands so I’ll try different ones until I find one I like and stock up.

BCAAs vs. whey and it looks as if leucine is the most important amino acid. Chris from GLL also recommended BCAAs. I’m going to order from bulk supplements because theirs is not flavored and I can mix in some coffee syrup or agave.

Mentally I realize I’ve been torturing myself to the point of self-abuse. I think that mushrooms are something to invest in for the mid term because they will shut pharma down. The effect of a pill that costs 2 for 5 has been phenomenal.

It’s not my focus right now to do that research but what I’m writing is that for example, if the bar of soap is finishing, I’d do my best to make it last and not break in order to save even though the relief of having a full fresh bar would mentally allay the concern; every time I saw the bar in the shower or when I washed my hands. Instead of throwing out the kitchen trash, because I wanted to fill up the bag as much as possible by pressing down the garbage until finally I had to because I’ll be short on bags eventually. Even though they cost a negligible amount, I go through the mental gymnastics every time I was cooking or in the kitchen, which is multiple times a day. Just change the stupid bag man. The bathroom tissue roll should be efficiently used by folding the tissue, making it last longer even though there at least 10 rolls to use under the sink. I need to get some Mg and BCAAs, I need to find it cheap so that I have enough if I end up starving and being in dire straits. Unbelievable. You’ve been blessed with money, spend it. The kitchen knife doesn’t shred cabbage very well, note self to go upstairs and get my butchering diamond sharpener and then it clicked what I was doing to myself.
Here’s a funny one that was the epiphany. I needed oil for my beard. I went to the store after some research and purchased black castor oil and Jajoba oil. The Jajoba works well the black castor does not and smells less enticing. I thought that I have to use up the black castor oil before I start on the Jajoba because otherwise I’ll never use it and itll go to waste. This went on for almost a week. Just torturing myself to use something that doesn’t work well and doesn’t smell good on me. Like I had to becaus I purchased it. Today, I thought, why not just use this stuff on your head? Why not use the jajoba on your beard and the castor on your head? Who’s going to care?

Then when I was in a trance, realizing what I had been doing to myself, I thought imagine every single woman on the face of this earth in front of you and stand them on their heads. What do you see at eye level after you take off their clothes? They’re all the same. (This was dib told to me by a buddy who regularly bedded air stewardesses. He’d walk into a hotel they were staying at at just walk up to one and eventually they’d invite him up. Sometimes he’d get kicked out because he’d call them by the wrong name. He used to think I was the fucker. No T. you were.) I no longer have been putting them on pedestals. I see one on the street or at the gym, I don’t look twice. I haven’t figured it out yet what this means since I haven’t approached but it could be that they are no longer a priority or my wife is no longer my concern. The grief period and the stress is gone.I don’t care about people and I care about improving myself.

While I was walking somewhere , I usually had the urge to talk up everyone, like I craved and was dying for companionship, I was.

This celibacy was initially painful, then it seems I was adapting to it and today, I didn’t even look up at anyone, I wasn’t lost in my thoughts, I didn’t have the urge to say hi to anyone or talk anyone up. It’s a 180 for me. I actually walked down the street and was content.

As far as exercise, I need to exercise my neck and lower abdomen(Hamza on yt).

So tuna, water, forget woman and focus on my inner self to do some things that are positive and natural for me without worrying about my body, health and mental state. This reinforces another belief of mine, but that’s for another day.
Wnyhg

Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:10 pm

Another recovery day.

Started magnesium last night before sleep, really helped. Found some electrolyte fizz to flavor the water I’ll be drinking at one of the local vitamin shoppes. Hopefully will help with recovery.

Sustainability in my diet. I’m not doing whey protein forever, although convenient. I’m sick of the flavor and frustrated by the lack of satiety from them. I’ll be grocery shopping so I’m going to add Greek yogurt and maybe cottage cheese and lettuce instead of bread and simple carbs. I’m getting into vegetables more now since I think I’ll be able to cook them. I wanted to learn stir fry but I’ll stick with my iron skillet for now. I’m can feel carb crashes with the bread, so it has to go.

I can feel the air between my legs which means I’m losing fat and gaining muscle, but it also means I’m going to have to change to insulated pantss or something.

Working on walking outdoors again, I’m going to gun for twice a day. Work on NEAT.

253 today. I’m not worried because I know the source and this ?clean bulk is helping with some muscle gain that I’d probably lost with undiagnosed testosterone deficiency. Makes sense.
3/6 protein 227 carbs 310 fats 146
3/7 ~100 grams protein 207 carbs and 43 fats
3/5 109 protein 338 carbs 69 fats
Wnyhg

Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:49 am

3/7 Protein 100 207 42
3/8 54 206 56
Of all the books I wasn’t expecting to improve myself with is the new one from Neil Strauss called The Truth. Reminds me of the movie Breakfast Club where Emilio the wrestler is talking to the other guys and saying “My daaad. WIN WIN WIN WIN, weakness is for losers!” … or something like that. I use my local library and get plenty of books to read and listen to. They ordered books for me too. Go ahead order a book on pickup, if it’s not already there.

Cable iron cross, decline push-ups, incline bench press, French press, triceps extension, triceps kickback and bike on a sumo bike for 10 minutes. The weights are honestly minimal compared to some of the guys like a terminator and Dannn on GLL, but I’m quickly learning how to determine which weight will get me to 15 reps on the lower limbs and around 10 reps on the upper body.

So a cardiologist with five kids buys his parents a house, the wife loses her shit and divorces him and all the money goes into the lawyers. Once upon a time this wife worked for the judges. Conflict anyone? That good man got ducked sideways. Everyone knew about it. There are lessons in this for all of us, take what you will. He was one of my go to docs so I saw almost it almost first hand. Totally totally totally ducked.

How many colleagues have I been approached by for an affair? One of the Hindus went ballistic and pretty much slandered me to the boss. I lost prestige and had to deal with repercussions, and it’s been that way every time except the Italian chick. Guys in this environment getting laid is easy, it’s the repercussions and fallout of dealing with a bat shit crazy person who’ll tarnish your rep just to get even for being rebuffed. The single most important, I think, standard that gets woman is appearance. What’s the difference between Andrew Tate, his brother, Di Caprio, and Jeremy Renner or Tom Holland. Even Neil Strauss? Neil flies under the radar, Di Caprio is a flyboy, Jeremy has issues, and the Tates don’t. It’s how you carry yourself. I walked into my college and a dorm back in the day when I won a beauty contest and the chicks literally stopped and stared at me. Not just one or two either. Does that happen now? Fuck no.

I’ve spiritually grown and matured. I don’t feel a rapport even amongst the yoga chicks, they’re attractive but dead to me. This reminded me of a Wilt Chamberlain saying, “having sex with a 1000 different woman is cool but having sex with one woman a 1000 different ways is what’s really happening.”
That’s my goal. He bedded 20000 woman, I think he knows.
Wnyhg

Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:02 pm

I’m going to do 305 on my deadlift tomorrow. Mentally I’m off today. Recovery day.

Gave the prime mass away added cottage cheese tuna and Greek yogurt.

Robert Heinlein was a hilarious science fiction author who once wrote,” has there ever been a situation in which the majority was right?” I unknowingly internalized this and am asking myself once again if this is the case with dating. I’ve learned to question and seek insights, it’s a beneficial rabbit hole because I also learn about myself. Not always a good thing.

I fixed my problem with diet, now I need to make sure the gout die come back and I need to understand my body when it comes to recovery. Calisthenics can be beneficial but I’ve got a setup downstairs that I’ve been meaning to use.

My dad is trying to get back in with me. I became a doc because of him, he’s a doc too. I got a full scholarship and it all ended a couple of years back because I refuse to take shit from anyone. Frame. He buys me stuff and talks to my wife trying to get her to see areas on. From a therapist standpoint he’s trying to disempower me. He doesn’t care about boundaries and feels it’s within his right to interfere. He’s a pious man, and that has nothing to do with me. Guys like me because we’ve seen so much shit are tired of talking. We just take your values and jam them up your ass and cause trouble. That makes me a trouble maker. This approach when it came to woman came across as mysterious until they either called me sir or were turned off or went sexually ballistic. I’m pretty sick of it.

What use is any philosophy whether is Vonnegut or Cato or Kant if you can’t apply it? These intellectual woman can be so superficial, they drove me cuckoo. If it were to eventually happen, I’m going to go to Pakistan or India and serenade a widow into my bed. Lol.

I don’t like beauty, I don’t like too thin. I like woman who reflect intelligence in their eyes, a smile on their face and who know their way around a spiritual journey whether it’s via people or beliefs. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

I’m writing this because this journal king is therapeutic.
Wnyhg

Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:09 pm

Weight 254
Chest 46
R arm 14.5
L arm 14.5
"2"" above" 45
Belly 46
"2"" below" 46.5
Hips* 43.75
R thigh 25
L thigh 25
Height

Target Weekly Weight Change up 3
Other Activity? Limited walking
Training Time(s) less than 45 minutes
Calorie Budget (kcal) next step get rid of the diet soda
Minimum Protein Target (g) 150(avoid gout)
Training Adherence this week poor
Sleep issues? (0-5) 2 avoid cell before sleep
Stress issues? (0-5) 2
Hunger issues? (0-5) 3
Fatigue/lethargy? (0-5) improved with recovery

Goddamnit. Up almost 10 lbs. well PR on the deadlift today 295. No issues doing 5 reps. Doubled on T bar to 90 and barbell row to 110/2/8. My one arm row is up to 45/2/7.

I’ve added cottage cheese, fruits, cabbage, carrots. I add grapes and some preserves made in France to flavor the yogurt and cheese. I think my protein should be around 180- 200.

Preferred diet
Can’t make hummus don’t have a blender. Occasional potatoes.

-Greek yogurt 1 teaspoon honey with some grapes
-Cottage cheese with 4 fruit preserves
-Eggs omelette usually two with olive oil
-Lean ground beef in olive oil. I only use salt, onion power, and garlic powder.
-oatmeal if I’m having pangs at night or need something filling usually a cup with 2% milk. Not daily.
-tuna fish one or two cans with some mayo.
-water with electrolyte fizz
- homemade cappuccino and espresso. No syrup, freshly ground beans with 2% milk
-whey protein, likely to be replaced by tuna fish. Cost difference between servings is almost 2 dollars.
-In occasion I’ll have a few cups of egg noodles with one can of tuna and 2 tablespoons of mayo.

That’s it. I’ll add chicken breast occasionally but it’s not beneficial in the long run because of my blood type. I’m pretty sure I can eat this diet indefinitely without hesitation. No alcohol, have to get rid of the diet soda ( this is next)

It’s a war against myself and I’m enjoying it because it’s not scripted and it’s always changing. I love stress and I love pressured situations but the exception in this case is it takes a few days to figure out. :arrow:

I added cardio and started doing Tabata intervals. If I’m going to MTB, I’m going to need stamina and endurance otherwise I’ll probably die, bonking on top of some mountain or too much speed. The 5x 5 has been detrimental in this regard.
MakingAComeback

Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:34 pm

Keep working champ

I found, visualisations, things like actually watching videos of bodybuilders and the hardcore life they live, somehow helped my mind ease into weight loss and broke down some inner resistance

It'll come together
-Your friend, Ravi