StarshipCaptain's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
starshipcaptain
Goal: Visible abs, FWB
Motto: Get in, we're going to space

Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:50 pm

Stardate: February 18th, 2023. Just kidding...

Background

For the longest time, I've been afraid of change, afraid of trying. I've only accepted opportunities (in dating or in life) which were easy or presented themselves to me. I think this was really about fear of failure or fear of rejection. But I'm accepting that failure is a natural part of the process of success. The sooner you try, the sooner you fail - and learn what works and what doesn't. Then, you iterate. Then, you succeed.

Body

One of my biggest priorities right now is losing body fat. Based on the example body fat images I've seen, my abs goal translates to about 12-14% body fat. I'm occasionally fasting as a fat loss technique. Currently at about 175lbs, down from 183lbs at the beginning of the year. Expecting to lose about 20lbs more, at least. I'm also exercising to build foundational strength and prevent too much muscle loss, but that's not my real focus right now. Main focus is shedding the fat.

Lifestyle

Currently renting a room in a home to save money. It's fine, but I'd like to have my own place (in part so I can invite women over). I need a new place before my current lease ends, so... time to start looking for that new place.

Career

I'm planning to move into a new field which is more aligned with my interests. Considering a few options. More on this later.

Wardrobe

Going through the guide by Radical and building a shopping list. I'll be picking up some items soon.

Profile Pics

I'll post images from my dating profile here in the forum and get some feedback. I think the feedback will be:
  • lose fat
  • Improve wardrobe
  • Emulate the "pro" dating photos
  • Get a DSLR and take a shitload more pics
Everything but the DSLR is covered in other parts of this post. I'll add the camera to my list of next steps.

Dating

This is where I feel the most fear. I don't get many matches that interest me. I know improving other areas (body, clothes) will improve my matches. Currently, even when I do get matches, I don't seem to read the situation right. I have almost no experience being assertive or expressing my desire, almost making women come to me (which is rare). I think this leads to a lack of clarity and creates frustration for everyone.

For example: I recently had a situation where after a few dates, a woman literally asked me over for a "sleepover" soon. I said that sounded great, but when it came to the actual planning of doing so, I left her hanging (just busy with other stuff) so long she moved on. I think she felt rejected by my lack of clear action and interest.

I need to be more assertive with women, more clear about my intentions, so we can be on the same page and enjoy ourselves. I will simplify and streamline my messaging approach to make sure I'm communicating clearly up front and finding matches who align with me. This will be a lot easier if I felt more confident, which will come in part from being in better shape and improving my wardrobe.
Goals

- Hit 165lbs
- Buy DSLR and tripod
- Get feedback on existing dating pics
- Sign lease on a new place
- Find FWB
natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Welcome brother. Excited to have you. Let’s get some goals in your sig and get started!
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
starshipcaptain
Goal: Visible abs, FWB
Motto: Get in, we're going to space

Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:45 pm

Thanks, Nate! I'll do that now! Quite a transformation already in your profile pic, by the way!
Goals

- Hit 165lbs
- Buy DSLR and tripod
- Get feedback on existing dating pics
- Sign lease on a new place
- Find FWB