Patty's Data Science Journal

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
uniloser20
Goal: Find Relationship

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:39 pm

:lol: I decided to make this separate from my normal journal because I think it's kind of a separate topic from normal school/life/gym/work. I'll keep this log updated with learning, projects, and job applications/interviews.
uniloser20

Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:59 pm

For my first post, I'm going to lay out my current background and ambitions.
I'm a junior in college, set to graduate in 2024. I have a good amount of experience coding in Python and Java, but I'm trying to build up my data science skillset and portfolio before I graduate.

The best way for me to do this is this website called Kaggle, which includes tons of free resources (not sponsored haha). To start off this log, I'm going to study machine learning for a few hours tonight. My goal is to start competing in Kaggle competitions, which involves creating a model to predict a certain variable based off of other information relating to it (for example, predicting the likelihood of someone getting into a car crash based on their age, drinking habits, marital status, ect.) Whoever's model is the most accurate wins.
I hope I inspire some of you to roll up your sleeves and work.
PinchePendejo
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Motto: Be consistent

Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:41 pm

Interesting log. I’ve been a data analyst for the past 5 years so this definitely piques my curiosity. Good luck, bro.
uniloser20

Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:23 am

Practiced a little bit today. Followed along with a Ken Jee tutorial, learned how to make some visuals with python pandas as well as some basic data transformation (like extracting new variables from existing variables to help make the prediction model more accurate). Starting tomorrow, I'm gonna list out some of the specific functions I learn how to use.
uniloser20

Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:01 pm

Didn't post yesterday but didn't practice at all. I'll get back at it today.