TwystNeko's log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
TwystNeko
Name: Noel
Goal: Get Laid

Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:46 am

Alright, let's do this.

I've attached a couple pics of me. I prefer having a shaved head, and until I shaved it for comfort under masks during covid, I had a pretty beefy, yet decently maintained beard. I think I'm gonna keep it at this length (short) now, instead of growing it out again. Looking at past pics, it makes my face look rounder. My general style these days is jeans + tshirt. I do have nice clothes, but they're all kind of.. colorful. That's part of being a kid's entertainer. I tend to dress to minimize the gut, but it really, really has to go.

Things I sort of have going for me - I apparently don't look 45. Most people think I'm mid-to-late 30's. Yay!

So.
Current goal: 185lb. Currently, I'm 203lb, and reasonably fit. think "Dad Bod". It's time to get to "Rad Bod". ;)

Things I'm doing:
- Drinking water rather than Coke Zero. I know it SAYS zero calories, but hell, it's time to cut it out too.
- Counting calories. Started that today. Ideal CML of 2789, so 80% of that is 2229 or so. Call it 2200 cal a day as my goal.
- Home workouts of various types - BoxVR, Ring Fit Adventure, or something off youtube like the OrangeTheory home workouts. I mix it up to keep it from getting stale.
- Cut back on the unhealthy snacking.
- Cycling everywhere instead of driving / public transit. It's an e-bike, so kind of cheating, but still good exercise!

I have considered contacts / lasik, but I think I look better in glasses.
Criticism is welcome, of course.

Edit: I've gone ahead and set up Tinder, including the fuckery involved to get it to see me as 24. Fun fact - Tinder wanted $100/yr instead of almost $200 after I did that. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:10 am

You should try wearing contacts at least once and observing the looks you get from girls. For me it's night and day. I think there's something inherently geeky in glasses that just don't make us attractive.

Long term you should also post some pics of your outfits.

I love how your pic connects with your name (neko = cat)
Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:16 am

Welcome to site my dude.

I'm always a fan of a shaven head. Regardless of how little or what sort of hair you have, a shaven head is a statement that you're in control.

The fat free cokes and pepsi have always been a major weakness of mine. I use to drink 2 litres a day when I was writing my thesis. My advice is to start giving tea and coffee a try(Without milk and sugar). It takes a whilst getting use to drinking warm drinks, but the extra effort involved in preparing it will help keep the caffeine addiction under control!

Other than that, keep counting those calories, and show us how much you can loose!
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:56 am

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
You should try wearing contacts at least once and observing the looks you get from girls. For me it's night and day. I think there's something inherently geeky in glasses that just don't make us attractive.
How did you get into it? Whenever I tried them, it just hurts my eyes a fuckton.
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
TwystNeko

Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Oh, I'm a coffee drinker. Also, a friend pointed out that drinks like Coke Zero actually increase hunger and desire to eat. So that's another good reason to quit.

I have tried contacts, after the first day I had issues with actually getting them in again. But that was years ago, I might give them a whirl again.
TwystNeko

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:53 am

So one of the benefits of my job (I work in a thrift store) I can get some pretty nice clothes for cheap. Like this Buffalo leather jacket - $12 CDN. Not really an 'outfit' here, just chucked on a reasonable t-shirt.

I think what I might end up doing is going through all my clothes, and donating most of them, and starting from scratch. I'll enlist a friend or two to help. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TwystNeko

Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:54 pm

I actually have! I even know basically what I want - I have a logo for my ballooning gig - a balloon with a necktie. Simple, yet unique. Just have to sort out the details of getting one done. (shop, costs, etc)
Crisis_Overcomer

Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:45 pm

SIGMA_1234 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:56 am
Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
How did you get into it? Whenever I tried them, it just hurts my eyes a fuckton.
Easy dude.

You pull out your eyeball, stick the contact on it, and put the eyeball back into your bloody socket.

Seriously now, might make a vlog. It's not hard but it's scary the first few times.
TwystNeko

Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:56 am

So something I was thinking about tonight while winding down - My 'side hustle' is as a kid's entertainer - I'm a professional balloon twister. like so:

But I can't see how that's even gonna help me on a tinder profile. I mean, I can spin it to be funny, but it's not especially sexy or 'manly'. It's cool and all, since I can make just about anything. Including 'dirty' balloons:
Image.

I figure I should just leave it out entirely. yes?

Edit: Going through my archived photos, since I expunged my ex from them, I have exactly 0 photos of me with anyone else. :O And that's like... 10 years of photos. Guess it's time to fix that!
SIGMA_1234
Goal: Digital Nomad Income
Motto: Action > Perfection

Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:14 am

Oh my god it's Megaman!!!
Nerd Turned Model

Aspiring Digital Nomad

Follow my lifestyle journey log

Follow my business journey log

$ Goals:
-) US$3k/ mo nomad income
-) US$10k/ mo nomad income
Crisis_Overcomer

Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:08 am

TwystNeko wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:56 am

But I can't see how that's even gonna help me on a tinder profile. I mean, I can spin it to be funny, but it's not especially sexy or 'manly'. It's cool and all, since I can make just about anything. Including 'dirty' balloons:
Professional balloon twister - if you're a good, obedient girl I'll make you a balloon paddle
Professional balloon twister - if you're a good, obedient girl I'll make you a balloon with your/my favorite sex position
Professional balloon twister - if you're a good spoon, I'll make you a balloon
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:09 am

I wouldnt push it on the profile tbh

Silly and fun has its place but in like your 5th or 6th photo

What are your hobbies and interests?
Do you have any photos with friends you look good in, maybe at a black tie event or something?

I do think you should potentially consider not worrying about online dating until you have dropped to a reasonable bf %

Make the weight loss your absolute goal. I dont think you can really get a solid profile atm.

As an aside though you can study up on style while you are dropping the pounds - https://wellbuiltstyle.com/

That's good blog to pick up the basics from. He also repeatedly shows why the main thing that allows good style is a good body to hang clothes on
TwystNeko

Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Yea, I figured leaving it out is the best choice. And there's not a big rush right now, anyways, due to the pandemic. Can't go out, but have to work. woo. :|

And like I said, out of 10 years of photos, I have no pics of me with anyone else. And, tbh, most of them are unflattering. So. That's a thing to change. :)

Hobbies: Video Games, 3D Printing, Costume building.
TwystNeko

Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:58 am

Not a lot this year - since my store reopened a few months ago, I work 5 days a week, 11-7. Hard to get out and do anything, but I do try and bike or walk. Did 20k on the bike on tuesday, to pick up a 35lb kettlebell. That was fun. :)
TwystNeko

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:19 pm

Progress! I'm down 2lb, so that's right on track for my plans. if I can lose 2lb / week, I'll hit 180lb by mid-October.

I also managed to almost give myself a concussion this morning. Picked up a cheapish door resistance band gym. Didn't fit on the first door I tried, and when I took it off, it blasted me in the forehead. Hit hard enough to break the skin, blood everywhere. Oof. I have one hell of a headache, but the doc said no concussion. Hooray!

Also went ahead and got rid of a bunch of clothes - cleared out most of the obnoxiously bright stuff (got it for balloon gigs, which are pretty much on hold for now). Been reading that Well Built Style blog, and once I'm closer to my target weight, I'll be looking into some wardrobe changes. :)