Road to Game Competency

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
ldoser
Goal: Learn Game
Motto: Game works but without looks you're fucked

Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:45 pm

Big news boys: I just got my first phone number from daygame!

I went out early in the afternoon to the shopping mall where I found yesterday's beautiful - and sadly missed - girl. I convinced myself that I needed a coffee, so I went into a coffeshop. While queuing, I noticed this girl sitting at a table busy doing some kind of paperwork. After ordering, I walked up and did a textbook coffeeshop approach.

And somehow I managed to do everything in the way I learned from the various books/courses I'd read/completed in the past 2 months:
- I squatted down to her level
- I called out the elephant in the room before delivering the compliment
- I was talking slow and with conviction
- I was holding eye contact
- I teased/challenged her once
- And my number close was also spot on

The girl wasn't particularly hot though. She was a bit overweight, she was about 30 but she was wearing these big, red, heart-shaped earrings which made me think she was ovulating.

And that's not all!

As I was heading home in the underground, there was a girl traveling in the same carriage as me. She was in her early twenties and she was at least cute (she wasn't overweight or anything). She gave me this long look in the eyes not once but twice but I was so in my head that I couldn't get myself to approach.

It seems like my fresh haircut and the outfit I was wearing today (black jeans and shoes with a white T-shirt) is a sweet spot for me in terms of looks.

So the moral of today's session is:
1. I can get better at game with practice (first girl)
2. If I go out with my looks maxed out, I can hit the minimum requirements in terms of looks for at least some cute girls in their early twenties (second girl)
ldoser

Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:20 pm

Today, I wanted to squeeze my daygame session in between something I had to do in the afternoon and gymtime, so due to a lack of time, I started a chat with a girl where the situation wasn't ideal.

The girl was in her late 20s and she was at least cute. We met in the unerground and I got in front of her accidentally while she was walking (I was also walking in the same direction). I turned back and stopped her but I said a lot of unnecessary stuff before getting to the compliment. I also wasn't holding eye contact the way I should have. I was talking too fast and I think I came across as nervous and unconfident.

I went for the close way too early (after a screwed up assumption stacking phase). She gave me the standard boyfriend exuse, which (again) I took literally and then I wished her a nice day and left.

I hope tomorrow's approach will be better.
Last edited by ldoser on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldoser

Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:09 pm

Today's approach was quite productive and there's a couple of lessons I learned from it.

I was walking around in my favorite shopping mall when I saw this beautiful girl walking in the opposite direction as I was. She could be about 25, maybe a little taller than me and she was definitely the hottest girl I've approached so far. She was quite posh too and, as I was about to learn, what you would call a high-value woman.

I had pussied out of approaching a few girls before plus I was thinking of the common daygame advice that you should approach girls that are out of your league. If there are such things as leagues, this girl was definitely out of mine.

So, as soon as she got past me, I turned around, ran up and stopped her. I think the first 30s of the approach went quite well:
- As far as I can remember, I was smiling
- I stopped her at 12 o'clock in a decisive manner
- I was talking relatively slow
- I think I was holding eye contact

She seemed to have liked my compliment on how beautiful she was and how sexy I found her long legs.

From here, I started assumption stacking on her job (my guess was she was a lawyer). She also let me know she used to do acrobatic gymnastics and I also started a conversational thread on the cross that was hanging from her neck.

Unfortunately as the conversation went on, she had become less and less interested. She didn't start investing in the conversation and - not knowing what else to do - after a few minutes, I went for her number. I got the usual boyfriend reply after which I wished her a nice day and left.

I also don't regret not pushing things forward this time because, even though I think she might have been a maybe-girl, this caliber of women require very tight game which I, right now, clearly don't have.

Nonetheless, she was very polite and kind and I will continue to approach everything 6+ (including the hottest of women).

I also learned today another important fact: girls who are devout Christians exist even in big cities even in 2023 (at least in Eastern Europe).
ldoser

Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:15 pm

Today was a great day! I got a phone number from a cute asian student.

Here are the details:

I went out after I'd had lunch and today turned out to be one of those days when it took me several hours to find a girl who was in her 20s, wasn't obese and was shorter than me. After roaming the city for 3 and a half hours, I bumped into this Bangladeshi student who was coming out of my favorite shopping mall. After she got past me, I turned around and after a bit of hesitation, I ran up to her and said that I saw her and I had to come up and say hi because I found her beautiful.

At first, she looked terrified, so I had to calm her a bit but after the initial shock, she started smiling and thanked me for the compliment. I went on to make an observation about the outlandish hat she was wearing and how the colors on her clothes matched each other and I got into a fun exchange with her on that topic. I think I'm starting to get the hang of how this LDM thing is supposed to work in practice:
- I managed to initiate a chat with her using the 'say what you see' technique
- I could keep up the conversation for 4-5 minutes
- I was letting her know repeatedly throughout the conversation that I was interested in her as man
- I challenged her once on how outlandish her hat was
- She started investing in the conversation (asked me a couple of questions about myself)
- I took her number successfully with Tom Torero's method

After we'd parted, I sent her a text within one hour (one that Tom Torero advices to send as a first text) to which I haven't got a reply yet.

I'm super happy with this phone number and I hope she won't flake.
ldoser

Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:52 pm

I've just got today's approach out of the way.

As usual, I ended up in my favorite shopping mall where I saw a cute girl walking towards me. She could be about 24 and she was shorter than me. I turned around and wheel of fortuned ahead of her.

I was holding rock solid eye contact throughout our short conversation but I didn't stop at 12 o'clock in front of her (it was more like 10, which is quite weak) and I wasn't talking loud enough. But the biggest mistake I made, I think, was that I delivered my compliment in an undecisive way. Nonetheless, she was smiling, so I made an observation about her big and beautiful eyes. I made an educated guess about her job but then she suddenly excused herself saying she had to go. I think she was more like a maybe-girl than a no-girl but because she was young and slim she required a lot more self-confidence and tighter game.

I also noticed that, recently, I'm pussying out more often than when I started out because, for some reason, I find it more difficult to tell a 20 yo girl from a 17 yo (obviously, I want to avoid the latter). Maybe, I should do my daygame session later in the afternoon.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:58 pm

ldoser wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:52 pm
I also noticed that, recently, I'm pussying out more often than when I started out because, for some reason, I find it more difficult to tell a 20 yo girl from a 17 yo (obviously, I want to avoid the latter). Maybe, I should do my daygame session later in the afternoon.
I wasn't aware it was illegal to say hi to a 17 year old on the street.

I've accidentally approached 15 year olds. It doesn't matter. You just make a joke and laugh it off and they forget about you 10 seconds later.
ldoser

Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm

There are probably some important lessons to be learned from today's approach.

I was walking down a busy street listening to an audiobook when I saw a girl coming towards me who was looking at me and holding eye contact for long seconds. I couldn't interpret this in any other way than an invitation to approach, so when she got past me, I turned around and I got in front of her with my usual move.

Even though I was holding eye contact while talking to her, both the wording of what I was saying and the delivery (body language, vocal tone etc.) of it were terrible. I came across as weak and lacking even average self-confidence. As soon as I delivered my compliment, she gave me the boyfriend response and quickly excused herself.

The reason I find this approach very instructive is, first, because it shows that not only can I hit the minimum requirements for young and beautiful girls (she could be about 23 and she was slim) in terms of looks but also that some girls, some of the time, find my looks attractive. (Otherwise why would she have given me an invitation to open?)

Second, and perhaps even more importantly, it shows that self-confidence is paramount. That even if the girl finds you attractive lookswise, she will change her mind very soon if you show a lack of self-confidence. So for this reason, I think I should somehow put more effort into the 'fake it till you make it' project of self-confidence.

I would appreciate if you guys could give me feedback on this particular approach as well as on my analysis of it.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:11 am

ldoser wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:38 pm
I would appreciate if you guys could give me feedback on this particular approach as well as on my analysis of it.
Seems correct to me.

Now, why aren't you doing 5 a day? 10? Consistency is one thing, deliberate practice under volume is another.
ldoser

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:19 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 12:11 am
Now, why aren't you doing 5 a day? 10? Consistency is one thing, deliberate practice under volume is another.
Because I suck at handling the emotional roller coaster that comes with daygame. Up until now, what always happened when I started practicing daygame was that I was doing it for about a month or two (a few hundred approaches) and then, at some point because all I was getting was rejection, I suddenly ran out of emotional reserves, stopped doing it altogether and needed several months to recover from the experience. The last time it happened was in this February when I was doing 5 approaches per day. Of the 125 approaches I had done, I got one flaky IG.

Another reason I want to stick to one girl per day for now is because in this way, I can spend more time analyzing what I was doing wrong and thinking about what to change the next time. I also spend time watching the pros’ (e.g. Tom Torero’s) infield videos to try to internalize the mindset/the vibe with which they’re doing their approaches.
Last edited by ldoser on Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ldoser

Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Today’s approach was unusual in two ways: for one thing, I got it over with very quickly, for another, I didn’t experience ANY AA. I think both of these unusual developments had to do with the fact that I was listening to a very interesting podcast, so my mind was occupied and I didn’t have the mental capacity to come up with excuses for why I should pussy out.

I met the girl in the underground. She was in her late 20s and she wasn’t particularly hot but she wasn’t fat and she was noticably shorter than me. I think she was significantly less educated than me.

I walked up, asked her to remove her earbuds and I let her know that, as I was walking towards the exit, I had noticed her and I had had to come up and say hi because I found her beautiful. The delivery was again terrible (weak and unconfident) and as I was delivering my compliment her train arrived and, stupidly enough, I asked her if she was going to wait for the next one to which she replied no. She thanked me for my compliment, I wished her a nice day and we parted.

Another interesting thing about today’s approach is that I noticed a facial expression she was making that I had also noticed before with other girls. She was looking at me with a kind of benevolent contempt - as though she was thinking “I’m going to listen to what he’s going to say because he looks like a good guy and he wants to do no harm and he’s working very hard to get himself a GF but I find him a weak, pathetic loser”.
ldoser

Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:57 pm

Gentlemen, I just got the phone number (Telegram) of a HOT RUSSIAN GIRL! Right now, I’m happy beyond words!

She can be about 21, she is slim, she will be studying medicine and she’s smoking hot! I think she’s easily in the top 10-20% of women even within her age group!

The approach went quite well although in hindsight, it seems to me that she was receptive right from the moment I began appearing in her peripheral vision as I was wheel of fortuning ahead of her. I think absent any big mistake, she would have responded positively no matter what. I might have found myself a yes girl or perhaps she was simply both very bored and ovulating. After all, she was walking around in the center of the city alone on a Sunday afternoon.

Whatever the reason may be, I was wearing an all black outfit (jeans and T-shirt) with white shoes and I was getting most things right:
- I was smiling when stopping her (although I might have stopped smiling later on)
- The delivery of my compliment was strong (I was saying something along the lines of her being hot as fuck)
- The assumption stacking phase was going really well: I could start multiple threads of conversation with her on her background, geography and a movie
- I successfully kept the conversation going for a few minutes
- I didn’t forget teasing her (accusing her of being a Russian spy and pointing out that she was bad at geography)
- I was successfully keeping the interaction sexual by throwing in remarks on her looks
- I even did a mini bounce with her - altough unintentionally
- The number close was also strong

What didn’t go well:
- I was again getting that ‘benevolent contempt’ look from her at some point during the conversation (which I was getting from other girls too). Maybe, it’s due to the fact that often, I talk to people while not looking in their eyes but I’m not sure)
- There were several points in the conversation when I was getting a bit nervous
- Maybe, I should have gone for an instant date

All in all though, I’m super happy with today’s outcome and I really hope she won’t flake.
ldoser

Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:00 pm

Today wasn't a great day to say the least.

First off, I'm overtrained. I haven't done a deload week for ages, so going out and running after skirts was really the last thing I wanted to do. Second, I think I set a new record for the number of times I pussied out within a single day. I failed to approach in 5 or 6 great situations and there were countless others where the circumstances weren't ideal but I could have approached if I had really wanted to.

So, by 6 pm, I started to feel a little impatient in addition to physically very tired, so I chose to approach a hippy looking, roughly 30 year old woman. I got ahead of her with my usual move but before I got a chance to say anything, she took the lead and said 'No!' with a grumpy face.

Ouch! I wasn't expecting that. After a few seconds of getting over the shock, I decided that it was time for me to wish her a nice day and leave which I was going to do but before I had a chance to do it, once again, she took the initiative and said 'Or, it depends on what you want...'

At this point, I was totally confused. I lost the frame altogether and I replied in an undecisive manner that I'd just seen her and I thought she looked like an interesing girl and I had to come over and say hi. She didn't appreciate my compliment though. She said that running up to girls in the street was not an acceptable way of meeting women and that I shouldn't be doing it. By this time, I regained my thinking capacity and recognized her for the authoritarian feminist she was, I took the frame back and said 'Ok, bye' with a cocky smile on my face.

Now, as I'm typing these words and thinking back on this undoubtedly shitty day, I think, in some ways, it wasn't a bad day at all for a couple of reasons:
- Despite the fact that I was being physically tired, I pushed myself forward and made myself approach a girl
- I'm starting to realize that to be able to enjoy the company of the small number of women with whom we mutually find each other attractive, I need to approach a large number of women and be ok with being rejected most of the time
- I decided to do a deload week starting today
ldoser

Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:54 pm

Alright, this one girl per day thing is really screwing up my meal plan and my workouts. I've given it top priority which means that, often, I have to eat out and I'm skipping workouts. It's not good. I have started to lose muscle mass already (and gain fat at the same time)! On the other hand, I want to keep learning daygame and continue to give it top priority. So here's what I'm gonna do:

Up until now, I have been approaching one girl per day six days a week. So from now on, I will be going out only twice a week and approach three girls in each session. The number of girls I'm approaching per week won't change. It might even improve my success rate because it takes advantage of the "first one is the worst one" phenomenon.

I have already started today. Here's how it went:

Girl 1:

I was walking towards the exit in the underground when I saw a girl waiting for the next train. She could be about 27. She wasn't overweight and she was shorter than me. I walked up and I was already talking to her when I noticed that some parts of her hair were dyed purple (I guess I missed a red flag there).

Anyway, I delivered my compliment and I was making a conscious effort to talk slow and with conviction, holding eye contact etc. I think her first impression was positive but as I started assumption stacking I started noticing IODs (indicators of disinterest), so I decided to wish her a nice day and leave.

Girl 2:

I decided to try a different shopping mall today where I found a Starbucks. I thought I might as well practice coffee shop game a bit, so I went in to see if there were any beautiful women sitting by themselves. Indeed, there were! Not just one but three! I ordered myself a coffee and instead of waiting for the order I walked up to one and did a Tom Torero style coffee shop approach: I squatted down, I called out the elephant in the room, I looked in her eyes with a cocky smile and let her know that I found her beautiful.

One thing I forgot doing was standing up after the compliment to gauge interest. It doesn't matter though because after delivering the compliment, she gave me the boyfriend reply. Clearly, she was a no girl.

Girl 3:

I left the shopping mall and went for a walk to another part of the city where there's a liberal arts university (of all things) nearby. As I was walking out of the underground, I saw what I would call a 100% my type of girl: early twenties, not overweight, long blond hair, blue eyes, shorter than me, introverted, smart vibe.

I caught up and wheel of fortuned ahead of her with a cocky smile in a moment where there weren't too many people around. I was consciously trying to do my best to do the non-verbal things right and delivered my usual opener. I don't think I came across confident though and the assumption stacking also didn't go well. I couldn't really get into a conversation with her and - not knowing what else to do - I suggested that we should go grab a coffee. I also threw in a false time constraint to make my offer more appealing. She said she had a boyfriend after which I wished her a nice day and left.

She was very happy though that I approached her because she said she had been having a shitty day and all she needed was a compliment like that to make her feel better.

All in all, I'm quite happy with today's approaches as I only pussied out like once and it seems like I can fit in daygame in my weekly routine in a way that's sustainable in the long run.
ldoser

Tue Jun 13, 2023 5:07 pm

Just one more quickie for today: I've realized that I enjoy writing (blogging).
ldoser

Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:11 pm

Today's session was terrible.

First off, I couldn't go out in the afternoon because I was waiting for a delivery. I had to go out in the evening instead when there are far fewer people outside. Second, I was experiencing unusually high levels of AA today. I also weaseled out of approaching 2 or 3 girls at the beginning of the session that I definitely should have approached. One of those girls was a really hot one who, no less, was quite obviously ovulating: hoop earings, makeup, short skirt, THAT kind of unmistakeble walk. She even looked into my eyes when she got past me. I'm telling ya: that piece of wisdom about rejection being better than regret is 100% true.

So, here are the girls I approached:

Girl 1:

I was getting off the tram when I saw a girl in her late 20s that I found somewhat attractive. I decided to get over with the first approach and I did a pathetically weak Tom Torero style stop. I payed her a compliment but I was undecisive and weak. No wonder I got a flood of IODs from the moment I opened my mouth. For this reason, right after delivering my compliment, I decided to wish her a nice day and leave.

Girl 2:

The second girl wasn't much more attractive either. She wasn't overweight, she was shorter than me but she was around 30. She wasn't walking, so there was no need for me to stop her. I simply walked up and said hi. I said I thought she was pretty and I started assumption stacking. My delivery was again quite weak and her initial reaction was cold but then I managed to make her laugh as I was making observations on her looks. I even threw in a fun sexual comment which she seemed to enjoy. Unfortunately, at one point, I ran out of things to say and - even though I was getting IOIs - I wished her a nice day and left.

Girl 3:

That was my worst approach so far! It was even worse than that angry feminist that lectured me a few days ago about how I shouldn't approach girls in the street.

I was in a shopping mall, when I saw this cute asian girl (she was probably Chinese). I tried to wheel of fortune ahead of her but, once again, I wasn't decisive at all and from the moment I started appearing in her peripheral vision she was saying 'no, no, no' in her cute asian voice and quickly walked away. As if I was some random homeless guy trying to ask for change.

Needless to say, I’m not happy about my performance at all!