R2s Serious Action Log: Pulling Gurls from the Club

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:21 am

6.5 hours work today.

Didn't start work until 2pm after I got back to town from visiting family so not too bad. I did spend a solid hour or two swiping on tinder/bumble/hinge with my buddy during the nba game while I could've been working, so could've been better.

On the plus side, with the realization that I won't finish my thesis by Friday if I spend most of yesterday like today fighting the formatting, I realized my advisor only actually wants the Intro + Conclusions.

So tomorrow I'll get to actual writing and I can get back to this procrastination after the heavy lifting is done.

=========
I'm feeling serious time crunch on the thesis but overall things been going well - enjoyed my cousin's wedding on July 2nd, worked all day the 3rd, party hopped the 4th, work + family the 5th.

I achieved my goal of finishing my 2nd paper by the end of Monday so I'm on schedule. Just one more big push to finish the thesis and then I can start having fun this weekend - mixture of trying to get laid, getting back to self improvement, and/or making money, we'll see.
RogerRoger

Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:14 am

8 hours work today.

Bit of a slow morning. My left shoulder/elbow are still kinda fucked up. Frustrating I can't even do 85 lbs bench or 12 lb db curls without feeling like my arm is going to fall off. But I guess that's what I have to live with, for now at least.

Worked 11am - 12pm, 1pm - 6pm, and 8pm - 10pm.

I was pretty stressed most of today since I had a pretty important meeting at 4:40pm. Ended up spending most of the day working on that paper instead of the thesis. But the meeting went great, I have a few minor edits to make and I've received permission to send the paper to a journal for publication on Friday.

Finally started writing in the past two hours. Didn't get a ton of writing accomplished but definitely got the process started and I'm feeling pretty confident I can bang out either the whole intro or a sizeable portion tomorrow.

I'd like to get both Intro + Conclusions done by Friday so I can have fun this weekend, but as long as I get the Intro done by Friday I can get the Conclusions done Saturday + Sunday I should be good.

I'm getting close to victory!
RogerRoger

Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:05 am

8.25 hours today.

Submitted my second paper today. Wrote a few more pages of my thesis intro. Tomorrow I must ONLY work on my thesis: no emails, no morning workout, just ONE THING.
RogerRoger

Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:28 am

Worked 10 hours today.

Sent my thesis intro to my advisor. It's about 50% as long as it should be and I don't feel the best about it. However, it's significantly better than it was this morning. Going to keep going hard the next two days, #1 priority is thesis conclusion then I'll cycle back to the intro.

In other news, moving out in 14 days will be a bit of a fiasco as I'm defending in 21 days - so I have to figure out where I'm squatting for a week or do rather a lot of traveling.

In somewhat more fun news I found out one of my good friends is still holding a wedding celebration in Hawaii this year - he sent my invite to SB where I was living two years ago. So I'm excited for that! Although I need to book a flight and lodging still and coordinate with the possibility of a family trip during that time. So more shit to figure out, but it'll all get done.
RogerRoger

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:14 am

Worked 7 hours today.

Essentially finished my conclusions section. Also set up flight + lodging for Hawaii (friend's wedding) in about 5 weeks.

Advisor already responded to my intro section, he sounded pretty happy with it whereas I was expecting him to shred me. So, I'm going to hit the town tonight briefly with a buddy.

Tomorrow I want to send my conclusions to my advisor. I'll then work on getting my thesis fully compiled. I'll also start reading 1+ paper a day to prepare for the defense. After I get my thesis finished, I need to return to my 3rd paper but I should be good for just a few hours work per day at that point.

I realized I only have 13 days left here so if I finish everything in the next few days I might go ham on approaching.
SamJ_
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Cant cross the sea by standing&staring @ the water

Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:26 am

RogerRoger wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:14 am
Worked 7 hours today.

Essentially finished my conclusions section. Also set up flight + lodging for Hawaii (friend's wedding) in about 5 weeks.

Advisor already responded to my intro section, he sounded pretty happy with it whereas I was expecting him to shred me. So, I'm going to hit the town tonight briefly with a buddy.

Tomorrow I want to send my conclusions to my advisor. I'll then work on getting my thesis fully compiled. I'll also start reading 1+ paper a day to prepare for the defense. After I get my thesis finished, I need to return to my 3rd paper but I should be good for just a few hours work per day at that point.

I realized I only have 13 days left here so if I finish everything in the next few days I might go ham on approaching.
That's good it's going well! Would love to see you get back into approaching too especially since you've been so successful with it, you were really the first one who motivated me to start approaching
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:42 pm

Hey just do another 124 approaches in a day that should take care of all the days you missed approaching
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
RogerRoger

Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:45 am

@SamJ_, that's some good motivation :)
@Jacobpalmer123, that did cross my mind :)

6.5 hours work today.

Lil 30 minute upper body workout this morning. Super quick but still decent. Finished the conclusion section of my thesis this morning. I'm pretty happy with it. Got about halfway through one set of revisions on my 3rd paper: goal is to finish that tomorrow. Also received a few emails with feedback on my 2nd paper so I'll try to get that done Tuesday.

Hit on 4 girls last night. Didn't take any of them very far tho. My buddy thought the girls were digging me and I need a joke or two or anyway to press a bit more. Good feedback to hear. Man, girls were out in full force last night. Kinda surprised since usually it's pretty dead during the summer time. Wonder if it was the spring game or something.

Anyway, I just realized the waitress gave me the wrong credit card back last night so that sucks. I'm going to walk over there now and see if I can recover my card. At least I have the numbers memorized so I was able to use it just now, but will be a pain if I need to cancel it and get a new one.
RogerRoger

Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:05 am

6.75 hours work today.

Hit on 2 girls last night. I just need to start rambling I guess. The first girl was dumstruck: she like couldn't process me asking her if she had a boyfriend, finally said "it's complicated" I say there's room for one more blah.

In other news, I wasn't able to pay for $20 of groceries today. That was an experience. I found out today the waitress cut my card in half so I'll have to go to the bank tomorrow.

In other news, dental appointment today went fine, teeth whitening set up for next week. Just got a haircut set up for Thursday. Bummed my stylist moved but that's the way it goes. Also just ordered another silver ring, a silver bracelet, and magnetic earrings.

Need to spray tan sometime soon, but now it's time to catch up on some sleep.
RogerRoger

Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Worked 11.5 hours yesterday.

To some extent, the last 2.25 hours of work was to avoid hitting up the bar. But still, I had promised my two supervisors that I'd have X, Y, and Z done and it took me that long to do (almost) everything.

I got my debit card activated yesterday so hopefully that works, need to test it.

Chatted up a few (two or three) girls at the bar around midnight to 12:30a last night. One girl hanging with two guys across the street hollered at me. I did holler back but feel like I should've followed up on it. Did 3 during the day yesterday too but there were twice as many opportunities. Bit bummed because I had awesome style for work + gym + going out at night but didn't capitalize as much as I could've. On the plus side, I tried a new hair product today and it should hold me over until my cut tomorrow.

Going to go hard with work again today. I'm pretty shit at doing two things at once obviously, once I finish a few things for work I can make getting laid my #1 goal.
RogerRoger

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:35 am

7.5 hours work today.

Interestingly, doesn't feel like it was that much work. Much improved mood working today as I was good about taking my breaks even with other people in the office (and the A/C came back on). Also figured out an ergonomic issue with the chair. Took off at 6pm. 5 legit approaches today (plus a few indirect that didn't go anywhere). Last three walking with my friends was definitely easier. Some HOT girls out too.

I spent about 9:30pm - 10:30pm on Tinder/Bumble/Hinge. I did a better job today being chill while swiping but I still get some anxiety feeling like I'm wasting my life on the apps. Especially since around 50% are nopes on Bumble/Tinder and 99% on Hinge. It really shouldn't bother me but I find myself getting pissed at girls that don't lead with a body shot and they have their face angled where I can't tell if they're fat or not. So either I'll delete them all within the next few days or go back to something like 10 swipes a day.

Small random acts of improvement
- Finally ordered new thing of toner, so my face will feel better in the days forward, hopefully less acne too
- Contacted a few photographers
RogerRoger

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:52 am

9 hours work today.

Was going to stop at midnight but finished 15 minutes early.

3 approaches so far today. Going to hit a bar/club. Not really in the mood but I'll let myself leave after 12:20am to get to sleep. Going to try the last drill or two from GLL going out alone at night program: Walk up to the hottest girl in the bar. Tell her "You are the hottest girl in this place." Introduce myself. Ask "Can I get a kiss?" If she says "Yes" immediately try to makeout with her. I've never made out with a rando girl at a bar (although I def could've one of my first nights out 6 years ago) so this in itself would be cool.
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:48 pm

Ohhh man that drill. I won't hijack your journal. But one time I swear she was one of the hottest if not the hottest we made eye contact I walked over and kissed her on the lips in like 30 seconds that was a good night.

Anyway yeah the bars are tricky cause if you have stuff to do the next day you can really end up using a lot of energy and messing up your sleep schedule. I have to be careful about that as well. I went out to the bars last night but I made sure to leave early because its so easy to just hang around. But you have the height to be able to pull it off.

I heard hinge is a ton of landwhales is that true? Cause in my town that's all my buddies are finding on there right now. Keep it up
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
RogerRoger

Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:56 am

7 hour work today.

99% MISSION ACCOMPLISHED. I posted one paper to the arxiv today. The other one I've dealt with 99% of the issues. I have one outstanding task I'll work on on Sunday but I'm clear to take tomorrow completely off work because I also submitted my thesis to my committee today.

After all that I procrastinated like 3.5 hours by cleaning up the kitchen + a bit of my room + playing GO for the first time with my roommate. On the plus side, I drank most of a bottle of champagne so I was well pre-gamed when I finally left my apartment around midnight. I was yelling AYYYYYYYY-OOOOOOO on the streets. Pretty fun stuff.

When I got to the club I talked to like 4 of the chicks in line in front of me plus one of the dudes but they were all kinda lame / clique-y. Then I talked to the girls behind me but they were also kinda lame. So I went back to swiping on Tinder. Said random shit to one of the dudes working the line to get the social momentum back up a bit before I walked in. Overall 15-20 minutes in line, not too bad. Almost spent $25 to skip the line, I ended up only spending $35 on cover+drinks all told, not too bad.

One of the first girls I saw was seriously hot so I did the "You are the hottest girl in this place" Intro "Can I get a kiss" and she was like yeah so I made out with her a lil but she pulled back pretty quick. I said lemme buy you a drink and she was like sure but I'm hanging with my friend. So I knew that was a nope and went on to hit on more girls. Eventually I got myself a drink plus a vodka cranberry for her. Didn't find her but offered her drink to like 4 girls and then finally a dude who accepted it lol.

I then hit on more girls and danced for a bit. Overall I had a great time, they played one of my favorite songs (Mr Brightside) and I jammed out. I did the hottest girl + can I get a kiss to like 3 or 4 girls, other girls I just Intro'd myself or said "I loooooove you." Apparently one girl I hit on twice but I don't remember hitting on her the first time at all and I'm pretty sure I didn't blackout but I did get pretty drunk admittedly.

One middle eastern girl was pretty hopeful, bought her and her cousin a drink but then her cousin's brother showed up and bounced them. Too bad because I feel like she was digging me. He said she had a bf and maybe she did but idk.

Also one random super hot girl only let me kiss her on the cheek but dammm.

Overall great night. Going to do it all over again tomorrow with @KingJeremy, with my buddy, or alone it don't matter. I'm really hoping I'm granted an extension on my housing for next weekend. Otherwise, I'm really feeling like booking a hotel for the weekend at least. I want to hit the bar/clubs every night this week.

My new #1 goal is to pull a girl from the bar/club. I guess same day lay is fine too. I'll still work a few hours a day but I'm pretty much done now.

Good luck to you gents this weekend. Let's make every moment of life count.
RogerRoger

Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:59 pm

0 hours work - but actually, I should start tracking time spent on various activities for pulling girls from the club.

Yesterday I went on a 5k - which actually turned into a 10k because I got lost. Walked around art fair with my buddy but only hit on two girls. For one thing art fair was way more bougie this year; I remembered it being more bohemian. Tons of girls with their moms - even ones that looked into their 20s or 30s. The other thing I realized is that that friend is not an ideal wingman so I'm going to avoid hanging out with him this week.

Hit up a few girls last night (around 5 I'd guess) but no dice. Definitely had more confidence going out alone. There's a band playing at a bar tonight I'm going to check out solo. Going to do a few hours work and get some exercise in then onto that.