LaCroix's log (Physique/dating)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:41 am

@Readytokillthebeta01
Well, let's not call this an excuse, since the op has stated he's been training for years. At that point it's only reasonable to search for a thing causing you to make no gains. I can relate to that, because well, my gains are not stunning, so I know the feeling.

My guess is that op is missing something important in his training tho. Maybe the diet not being as good as he thinks, maybe his lifting is not as intensive as it should, that's why the good trainer is the best shot here after he's got his test levels tested.
bigDICKGOD
Name: Mo
Goal: Work towards perfection
Motto: Discipline equals Freedom

Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:54 pm

Readytokillthebeta01 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 am
@Lostcause
Yea thats what I'm saying my guy. Idk when this trend really started but for the last several years that seems to be the #1 go to excuse for guys...

But that's cool that you got yours tested so you could say once and for all that it wasn't your problem. I wish more guys who bitch about it would just get the blood work done instead of just ASSUMING
I think you've decided that Lacroix is making excuses and then looking at the evidence, rather than the other way around. He mentioned his form to be incorrect and his training wrong. I'm recommending him a strength coach that I worked with who's fucking excellent.

I know him personally and I've worked out with him, so I can tell you what he's doing wrong. No consistent workout routine, lack of progressive overload (big one) and poor form. But he definitely does go to the gym consistently, a lot more than me. So lay off the talk about excuses, you don't know what you're talking about. He's a pretty disciplined guy, and crushing the other parts of his life.

I also think checking testosterone is a complete waste of time. When you cut 30 lbs in a short amount of time you're testosterone is going to be shit. Whether or not he has a low T or not, the solution will be the same, hit the gym consistently and listen to a coach.
Readytokillthebeta01
Goal: Get down to 10% BF

Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:29 pm

I think the point I was trying to make with getting the T test is being misconstrued, (I could also be missing your point as well as I respect that it goes both ways) And don't take anything said by me as hostile, again this is all about self improvement). But it's all good I'm just gonna bow out of this one.
@lacroix Feel free to PM me if you ever want to discuss anything on fitness
lacroix
Goal: Social freedom

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:47 pm

As far as the T thing goes, I guess we'll have our answer once I get the results back.

Anyway, not a lot of progress this past month or so. My gym reopened back up so I could start going again, but it is a sizable bus ride away now that I've moved, so it's harder to kick my ass into gear.

I'm going to switch to measuring my waistline, since I think that's a more reliable measure of actually body fat.

Waistline is currently at 33.5" - 34" or so
EDIT: I was measuring it wrong. I was measuring around the hips, you're actually supposed to measure a bit above the bellybutton and below the ribcage (the thinnest point). I'm actually at 31.5" right now, so closer than I thought.
EDIT: Actually there's conflicting information out there about how to get a waistline measurement. I also get +- .4" or so each measurement. But I guess we can still monitor the general trend. If I actually keep my calorie count low it should go in the right direction.

Under 30" seems to be pretty fit. My goal is <29.5". Hopefully by then I won't be able to pinch off that big chunk of fat you can still see in photo #2.

The week of 9/5 - 9/11, I ate an average of 1957 calories per day. The week of 9/12-9/18 I ate an average of 1999 calories per day. The week of 9/19-9/24 I ate an average of 1782 calories per day. These are all with a "goal" of 1600. I need to actually hit my numbers....

Since this is my general log I feel I should mention the other big thing in my life, which is learning Korean. I'm challenging myself to work up to watching 20 hours a week of (unsubbed) content in Korean each week (dramas, videos, movies). Currently understand between 10% and 40%, depending on how difficult the content is. Also trying to make 50 or so flashcards a week for vocab. My reading comprehension is decent which is why I'm focused on listening.

My goal is to hit 250 hours of listening practice by the end of the calendar year. I chose this number because I estimated that, over the past 5-6 years of learning Korean, I've only actually done 250 hours of direct listening to the language (I learned super hard into the written language, big mistake), so this should allow me to double it.

Last week I hit 16 hours of listening, and I'm up to 14 or so already this week, which is pretty good I think. Below you can see my chart (I time myself, so these are not estimates).

lacroix
Goal: Social freedom

Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:06 am

Tinder experiment

I boosted in Tinder today (Friday) at around 10:30pm. I got like 4-5 matches, all of whom I would consider attractive. One unmatched me when I said I wasn't looking for anything exclusive, and another unmatched me right after I messaged "hey cutie." Got one number that doesn't seem like it will go anywhere.

Here's my main photo:

Honestly it's super "boyfriendy." I need to get edgier photos.

Anyway, I updated my profile to say "looking for something ongoing, but not exclusive" on the bottom. Then I boosted again around 11:20pm. I got 10 matches but it was a complete smorgasbord of big girls, far away ones, and super LGBT (I had to look up "demisexual") ones. Maybe 3-4 attractive ones? But none of them messaged me back now. I figure it's because they swiped, and only read my profile when I messaged the. I guess the moral of the story is "show, don't tell"??

(Side note: One of the girls' profiles said "Swipe left if you don't think all cops are bastards." I messaged her, "I think some cops are bastards, but I'd imagine some are pretty nice people. Am I disqualified?" Immediately unmatched. Goddamn there are some fucking nutjobs in this city)