LaCroix's log (Physique/dating)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
lacroix
Goal: Social freedom

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:59 pm

Right now my main goal is to finally get visible abs. I'm going to post a picture of myself here on a weekly basis until I have them.

Four years ago I had abs that were visible but only after a pump.

Album: First and second photo is me today on August 30. Final photo is the past year of my weight (I'm 5'10"). Starts right when my ex and I parted ways and is up until today. You can also see a 2 month visit to the folks up until last month.

All my weight loss was just through IF without any calorie counting, but recently I've hit a plateau, so I'm going to start eating 1600 calories per day. I'm trying to hit 140 pounds now (153lbs atm).

One more thing: I'm going to start doing 100 crunches / situps per week. Obviously I should do more exercises but I'm going to hold this as a minimum so I don't thin down and have no ab definition (that is the main goal after all). I will post whether I succeed or fail at this goal.

My goal is to have a body that's "noticeably above average" by January 1.
Last edited by lacroix on Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 pm

What do you mean you will lose definition by exercising?
Luke95
Name: Luck
Goal: $$$$

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:10 pm

lacroix wrote:
Starts right when my ex and I parted ways and is up until today.
Hahaha, probably the best type of motivation. Do you have any plans on building muscles as well? Anyway, good look, man!
lacroix

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:02 am

Luke95 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:10 pm
lacroix wrote:
Starts right when my ex and I parted ways and is up until today.
Hahaha, probably the best type of motivation. Do you have any plans on building muscles as well? Anyway, good look, man!
I'm probably going to do upper body exercises. I have a gym in my apartment but it only has a bench and some free weights.

Lostcause wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 pm
What do you mean you will lose definition by exercising?
I think I phrased it wrong, I mean if I don't exercise I might have no definition.

I realized that 140lbs (my goal weight) is almost exactly the BMI that Andy says he gets tons of spontaneous compliments (https://killyourinnerloser.com/why-losi ... -all-else/)...a BMI of around 20.7. So that reconfirms that that is going to be my main goal (having a weigh-in at 139.9 lbs). Let's see how many spontaneous compliments I start getting..
Readytokillthebeta01
Goal: Get down to 10% BF

Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:06 am

Let me start with the positives: congrats on losing the 40lbs.

With that out of the way, I gotta be honest, you're 5'10 and aiming for 140lbs?? You're 5'10 and you're eating 1600 calories per day?? None of this is adding up at all my guy, You need to get in the gym and lift your ass off. The only way you can have a weight that little at your height is if you have almost-LITEARLLY have no muscle mass.

"I'm going to start doing 100 crunches / situps per week." Dude you're wasting your time. You need to get on a real program and you need to be lifting heavy. If you don't have access to a gym then you need to buy some sets of dumbbells and do at home workouts.

All of this is assuming that you are actually serious about self improvement and becoming the best version of yourself. I'm just trying to offer advice that I believe will actually help you obtain real results, as I'm sure the others on this forum are willing to do for you as well
Lostcause

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 am

Well, situps are okish exercise, but the @Readytokillthebeta01 is right, get your exercise straight. If you want to get muscular body you need different exercises, crunches and situps will only train your core muscles. Not to mention, 100 per week is NOTHING. I do this many on training days, and I am not even strong. If you need fast results (and you do) the gym/weights are your best shot.
My goal is to have a body that's "noticeably above average" by January 1.
TBH, it sounds kind hard. You look as if you had no single muscle in your body right now, and you are going to get your weight down. I would set some more possible time goal, because this one needs you to be really geneticaly gifted, or having really low definition of above average.
lacroix

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 pm

@Readytokillthebeta01
@Lostcause

Thanks for bringing this up, these are very valid points.

As far as losing fat goes, I don't think 140lbs is ridiculously low. As I mentioned that gives a BMI of 20.7 for me, whereas 18 is the healthy minimum. Also you can see that I am pinching a lot of fat off my hip in the second shot above.

However, as far as gaining muscle, I agree 100%. I wish I had a lot more muscle. Thing is, I a super disillusioned about the gym. I lifted for years in college (on the advice of GLL), and then another 6 months up until March when the gym closed. I just never really made much progress and remained a pipsqueak (and yes, this was with getting enough protein, and eating maintenance calories + 200). I'm super disillusioned with the gym at this point. The only way I would see myself going back is if I combined it with (1) some sort of strength coach (maybe my form isn't right or I'm not pushing myself enough) or (2) a real steroid cycle. I actually suspect I have super low T, I might go in and get some bloodwork later on to see. I'm super envious of all the guys that can get lean and actually still seem muscular. My lack of progress is absolutely not for a lack of consistency.
Readytokillthebeta01

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am

@lacroix

I have some follow up questions and comments but first let me ask, where do you live? Are you based in the US or outside of?
lacroix

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:16 am

Readytokillthebeta01 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 am
@lacroix

I have some follow up questions and comments but first let me ask, where do you live? Are you based in the US or outside of?
I'm in the US
Readytokillthebeta01

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:20 am

@lacroix

I'm going to type out a detailed reply and post here later tonight or tomorrow, but do me a favor and PM me what state yoy live in (if youre not comfortable posting it here) so I can get you the proper resource in my reply
lacroix

Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:27 am

Readytokillthebeta01 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:20 am
@lacroix

I'm going to type out a detailed reply and post here later tonight or tomorrow, but do me a favor and PM me what state yoy live in (if youre not comfortable posting it here) so I can get you the proper resource in my reply
Already posted in the regional forum, so I guess it's no secret. I'm in Washington state.
Readytokillthebeta01

Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:50 am

I'll lay this out since I'm gyming and have some time between sets.
1. You're wasting your time mentioning BMI. Just let that go!. I know as a kid we were all taught to look at BMI like it was some godly chart but it's 99 percent useless. LET IT GO!

Let me reemphzaize this. You're 5"10! People would literally throw you off the Space Needle to have your height and you're telling me you want to cut down to 140lbs! I'm barely 5"8 and I'm way over that weight. At a MINIMUM you should be 170-180lbs. At a minimum!

2. OK, so let's dive into your reasoning. You claim you think you have low testosterone. Ok? Dude the test cost 50-60 bucks at Quest Diagnostic. I just had mine tested recently (im in the low 800's, go me!) I don't understand this excuse people make that they THINK they have low testosterone. Like dude we have the technology and it's cheap to find it. It's so easy i literally roll my eyes when people say they THINK they have low T. Just get the damn blood test if you're going to claim low testosterone as an excuse for why you can't gain muscle!

So that's your hw. Go get your testosterone blood test at Quest Diagnositcs or somewhere suitable for you and report the lab work here. Either do that, or come back and state that you don't think low testosterone is your problem after all. It's one or the other, there is no in-between here!

Once you do one of those two things, we'll help you take the next steps.

(PS. IF you do come back with ACTUAL low T blood test results, your doctor is who you need to consult to get that taken care of)
Lostcause

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:08 am

I suspected low T in myself due to lack of progress and facial hair. When I finally tested it it turned out to be much too high lol. So well, the reasons may be diffrent. Test it, then get a training coach if you can, its never a bad decision, unless the coachs suck.

And yea, dont obsess about bmi. You are not fat. More like too-skinny.
Readytokillthebeta01

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:22 am

@Lostcause
Yea thats what I'm saying my guy. Idk when this trend really started but for the last several years that seems to be the #1 go to excuse for guys...
Readytokillthebeta01

Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:23 am

@Lostcause
Yea thats what I'm saying my guy. Idk when this trend really started but for the last several years that seems to be the #1 go to excuse for guys...

But that's cool that you got yours tested so you could say once and for all that it wasn't your problem. I wish more guys who bitch about it would just get the blood work done instead of just ASSUMING