Manga 🇰🇷: October Update

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm

Day 41 (3/20)

DRILL: Hey you're cute, time, directions, high five, high five again.

Summary
- Probabky the worst execution I've had yet of the program.
- talked to 3 girls
- couldn't even ask for the time I was so out of it.
- eventually asked 5 people for the time to warm up and talked to 3 cute girls.
- 2 neutral, 1 positive.

Notable interactions...
- None. Well first girl was cute and receptive but it lasted 0.3 seconds.

Lessons.
- Not 100% sure what went wrong, this whole week was garbage. Every target got missed this week.

Potential lessons:

- Focusing on problems before/during drills makes my performance worse. (This is probably true because it was 100% true with sales).

- Also like sales some days will just have bad momentum and I need to spend 30 to 60 minutes to put myself in the right headspace. (That worked 90% of the time woth selling stuff).

- Remembwrinf my goals and having a deep purpose for my actions this week was definitely lacking. And possibly why I've been slipping on my weekly/daily targets.

- Have not written my goals down every morning since I had a week off from work (3 weeks ago). And that could've been the trigger that sidetracked my daily rituals (now that I think about it)

- I'm just doing what needs to be done and not much more which is usually a sign that I'm lacking motivation. Which is like duh.

- How have I rebounded from weeks like this? Because I've done it many many times.

- I probably need to inject some pain and a lot of it to remind myself what's at stake. In October last year I was really inconsistent diet wise and then I took 1 day and ate whatever the fuck I wanted to the point of throwing up. Felt mildly depressed for 2 or 3 days. And then went on an unbelievable tear and dropped 20 lbs in 3 months. I dont want to do that lol. But if I need to I will.

- I'm going to spend today and get to the bottom of this. Because its not just approaches its everything else that I'm getting C grades on.

Other stuff
- Calories 2143
- I did start to get mt wakeup time back to normal so that's good.
- Back is feeling 95%
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:06 am

Manganiello wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm
- How have I rebounded from weeks like this? Because I've done it many many times.
This is a really powerful thought in my opinion.

Seems like just a hiccup in the grand scheme of things, and it sounds like you have a good idea of what you can do to get back on track.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
sundleboro
Name: Bill
Goal: Social freedom
Motto: The key to life is progressive overload

Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:51 am

Thanks for the tip about the morning routine. Good to keep your goals in perspective. You told me to keep my goals in perspective when I was down, and I went into the drill today thinking about what you said. I thought about it for like 30 minutes in the car. It may help you too, to just give yourself 30 minutes and just think about it.

Don't worry about today. Watch some of your old vlogs tomorrow. Here comes something crazy: this is like the stock market. The lowest point you feel is the key to the highest point you'll get to. You just have to take action, and do the hard thing. The best days/interactions really freaking often come right after the worst ones, more than you can explain with chance.

Something that may have helped me and may help you is, after an interaction where you still feel down and not wanting to do anymore, write a note about how it went. It grounds you and pulls you out of the spiral. That number 20 can be daunting, so just say, "today sucks, I'm only gonna do one more and I'm done". And then use that feeling of achievement at the end to force yourself to do another one. And another one.

---

Btw how do you put so much structure and clarity into your vlogs? It seems like it's instinctive for you. I tried an audio log today and it was just rambling and mumbling even though I felt good while recording it.
Manganiello

Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:21 pm

sundleboro wrote:
Btw how do you put so much structure and clarity into your vlogs?
Idk exactly. I just know when I talk about it. I have a mental note to say, what day it is, how it went, number of girls... and then go into interactions and some lessons... I think. Never really did it consciously.

@sundleboro glad that helped you out. I need to do it more. I'm just realizing there were two ingredients missing.

1. I wasn't seeking inspiration actively. When im crushing it im reading a lot from people I want to be like, not on solving problems but just absorbing how they are and what kind of life they get to live. It's really motivating. And I usually end up Journaling a lot without planning to. So read more about and seek inspiration from idols and think about the person I want to be. This is huge.

2. Like I said I wasn't writing my goals down in the morning.

@Toast I appreciate that. It may be a hiccup but its a powerful reminder. Because I started thinking about where my life would go if I kept having inconsistent weeks with my diet and work. And didn't like that future.

Anyways. I'll be back at posing some AA program stuff either today or tomorrow. Have a killer day guys. Keep crushing it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:02 pm

sundleboro wrote:
Something that may have helped me and may help you is, after an interaction where you still feel down and not wanting to do anymore, write a note about how it went
Definitely going to steal this idea.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:26 am

Day 41 (done)

DRILL: Hey you're cute,time, directions, high five, high five.

Summary:
- Probably the most intense experience of the entire AA program.
- Had the one of the WORST reactions EVER, and had to drive back to the mall to tell the girl to go fuck herself (actually).
- 23 attempts, 20 completions, 19 very positive reactions, 3 neutral, 1 horrible reaction.
- This day will pretty much be remembered for the one brutal reaction and what transpired after it, so I may as well just get into it.

Notable Reaction:
I'll give the details below. Basically I had to keep my hand up for 2 or 3 minutes, and this girl flipped out, and after I was done the day I HAD to (Actually as per the AA program instructions) go back to the mall, find her and tell her to go fuck herself. Which I did.

So how it went.
It was the very last one of the day. Set Number 20.
It was a situation I was apprehensive about... she was waiting for her order at Starbucks, fucking 20 people around. This was going to be a Very. Public. Approach.
I wasn't super stoked about doing this with tons of people quietly watching us, but whatever...

Me: "Hey you're cute"
Her: "Oh thanks"
Me: "Do you have the time"
Her: "4:25"
Me: "Where's the closest gas station?"
Her: (she tells me)
Me: "awesome high five!"
Her: "Oh I'm good."
Me: "Ok cool, Covid, no problem, Elbow Bump!"
Her: "I'm good."
Me: "Alright, Air Five!"
Her: "I'm good."

• Now I have a problem

I'm not allowed to leave until she gives me a high five, or she leaves first.

So I'm stuck, I can't leave... I have to finish the drill.
    She's stuck, she can't leave... she's waiting for her order.

So Fuck, I'm realizing this drill could get really prolonged, awkard and uncomfortable if I don't do something fast.

Me: "Hey, it's really simple you just raise your hand up like this".
Her: "Yeah well I'm not going to do that."
Me: "Well I can't leave unless you do"
  • I'm holding my hand up with 20 people watching us.
    Staring directly into her eyes, 3 feet from her. She starts to ignore me. Hard core.

30 seconds go by.
Me: "y'know ignoring me, doesn't make me go away."
Her: ....
Me: "Your making this awkward"
Her: "For you"
Me: "No for you too, everyone's wondering why you won't just give me an air five"
Her: ...
  • (I look around, yup, everyone's watching...)

TWO. FUCKING. MINUTES.
    I'm holding my hand up, staring directly into her eyes, and she's still not doing anything.

Me: "K my arm is starting to get sore. Just raise your hand up"
Her: (Loses it) "When Will you get the hint! I don't want to give you a high five"
Me: Thanks! you're super helpful!

I leave the mall...
Take 10 minutes to cool down...
Go to another store, and talk to a super sweet, helpful girl she does everything right, double high five, everything.

... BUT I'M NOT DONE. As I'll soon realize.

So I did the final set, and I'm checking my phone out, to see if I really had to wait that long for the high five in the drill.
And as I'm reading it I see a text that Chris says...

QUOTE:"If you get a bad response...Short of physical assault, I suggest doing what you want and certainly saying what you want. You'll feel better that you did and be able to move on faster.

What you DO NOT do is- wish you did/said something but backed out because you are a pussy.

If you do that, anytime this week, I encourage you to start the week over again.

You will finish the week and you not finish as a pussy." END QUOTE

Are you fucking kidding me?
Now that I think about it I wanted to tell that girl to go fuck herself...
But that means restarting the whole fucking week?!
It took me 2 weeks, like a 160+ girls just to get this far in week 6.

So I had a dillema, restart the week or go and find that girl...

So I drive back to the mall.

Every store is closing up, mall is closing.

But, I found her.
She clearly recognizes me...

Me: "Hey, I just want to apologize for that... Just Kidding. Go Fuck Yourself!"

She was taken back by that.

But I got it done. And left.

... felt really surreal after that. I did it, I don't have to restart the week.

But it kind of made me realize how artificial that whole thing was.
Nomally, I would've filtered a girl out like that, by the time I got to the high five I would've left and normally, I would've let a bad reaction like that go.
But because the drill (1) Won't let me leave till she gives me a high five and (2) makes me restart the entire fucking week, if I don't say exactly what's on my mind. I was forced to have a bad conversation and then tell a girl to fuck herself.
In hindsight, I don't blame her for her reaction all that much. Everyone has bad days, maybe she was having one...

But at the same time, 90+% of the girls were nice, so whatever her excuse is it's not that great.

But yeah I did it. And it's just kind of crazy writing this here, thinking woah that really happened?

Lessons:
- Just do it.
- Had no social momentum up until the 12th girl, the last 8 were easy, but the first 12 were really tough. Had AA for most of the day.
- Yeah, being fed up helps, I was so fed up with girls after that one girl. Even though I had only 1 more girl to talk to at that point, I didn't care who people were or what they thought, I was ready to get banned from that mall.
- Most people are nice, vast majority, but some aren't.
- Hot girls aren't that special.

Other stuff:
- Work got cancelled so I drove to a different city to do drills.
- This city had crazy amounts of hot girls, never seen that many at once (In Canada anyway)
- Feeling the mojo back for the most part.
- I think I kicked myself out of Keto, so I might need to spend this week repairing the diet. Which sucks.
- Feeling clear headed.

Jesus christ, what a day.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

sundleboro

Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:40 am

I wrote a reply but browser crashed and it got lost before submitting. Let me try to paraphrase

This was even better than you said. I can't imagine what it was like in front of basically a crowd, in that awkward position and even worse when she flipped out on you. That's nightmare fuel for some people. It's a somewhat bad dream fuel for me thanks to the program. But instead of getting even more scared, you got angry. That's sick. Happy you found the girl afterwards (what are the chances that she was still there?), otherwise you'd be stuck with us for a good while longer. I doubt it'd take you 2 whole weeks to do it a second time though

Seriously, the epic return to the battlefield. The stars aligned. Congrats on the 19 other girls too, that's the bulk of the work. You'll probably remember this girl in 20 years though. Actually, if the program leads to better things and crazier days, hopefully you won't even remember this one.

The formatting and colors really sells the emotions of this lol. Also noticed you're keeping a copy of the log on the GLL forums. How's that working out?

I think getting banned from a mall should be Day 70 of the program
Manganiello

Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 pm

sundleboro wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:40 am
can't imagine what it was like in front of basically a crowd, in that awkward position and even worse when she flipped out on you. That's nightmare fuel for some people.
I love that. I think I'm going to get a hat that says that on it.

@sundleboro lol yeah man. Super memorable interaction. I dont think I'll ever forget that one. It was a religious experience like you said about that day you had. It just kind of becomes a defining moment. That's definitely how I felt about it.

She had an earpiece so I knew she worked at the mall (somewhere) when I went back.

It was the stars aligning for sure.

I feel waaaaaayyy different today then I did yesterday. A lot more "do what I want" feeling. Curious how the drills go today man.

I dont think anyone reads my log on GLL. But I'll leave it there in case anyone serious finally comes around on GLL and needs to see what I'm doing.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:35 pm

Damn dude, this was an awesome post to read. Like a thriller movie just waiting to see what happens at the end. I laughed out loud when you said "Hey, I just want to apologize for that... Just Kidding. Go Fuck Yourself!"
Great job sticking exactly with what the drill days to do. Definitely one for the books. If anyone else reads this post its definitely a great example for not being a pussy and just doing the whole drill like stated. I'm sure there's going to be situations out there where I'm personally going to want to bitch out and think back to this. If Manganiello can drive back to the mall, find a girl and tell her off, why the fuck can't I do the same.

Mad props to you, super impressed with how you literally stood there till your arm got tired in front of a crowd. I feel happy knowing that you were able to tell that girl to fuck off.

The thoughts on your feelings after the fact are pretty insightful. I think that naturally interactions like this are very artificial or super rare, but the reason these need to happen is so that you are exposed to things way out of the norm to give your self a view on what is normal and what is extreme. Just like in Chris' case with the crazy coffee lady, that's something that happens 1 in like 500 chicks, but there is a possibility for it to happen and you need to be ready to either react to it or be able to say what you want. Or these crazy situation just callus you against super bitchy chicks and u can just laugh it off or be able to tell them off if u want.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
enjoyablehat
Name: George
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Consistency is key

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:50 am

hahaha epic story man you absolutely killed it and handled it in an awesome way - great work fuck that bitch
Current Goals:
Get a new job
Fix Sleep
Stay consistent with eating and improve health habits
Manganiello

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:00 am

Update March 1st

No drills. Long day at work coupled with some BS issues that racked my brain needlessly.

It's kind of tough because what I'm making now is enough and the schedule is (mostly) flexible and the work allows me to just forget about everything when im done the day.

But its also a shitty culture, and it gets on my nerves. Feels like I'm working with 2 year olds sometimes.

The AA program is getting All my attention and this is like a thorn in my side.

I dont know what to make of it. If it's worth quitting or just toughing it out for 2 years til I really start working on career goals again.

I dont complain much, but I think I'm entitled to complain a bit after the last 2 months. But yeah. I dont know the best way of dealing with this tbh. It's definitely a grey area.

Anyways dudes. Won't be able to do drills tomorrow either :x . But Wednesday I'll be back at it.

----
Thanks @KillYourInnerLoser its just reps. I'm definitely over it. Don't regret my decisions at all.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 am

Day 42 (3/20)

Hey You're Cute, I'm ____, Handshake, Time, Directions.

Summary
- Not enough time,
- I left work early, but because of errands I got there too late. Had about 30 minutes of good approach time, and then it was getting too late.
- 3 interactions, 2 were pretty positive, 1 was just not even paying attention.
- I missed about 4 opportunities, but they were mostly girls walking the other way. Maybe I should start going after these ones more.
- Mostly tho, this was just starting late and nobody was really out. 7 total opportunities is not a good number to make any progress on.

Notable interaction
Talked to a really shy asian girl and got the handshake.
Chris in the audio says today's drills start to feel real, I didn't really believe it looking at the drill on paper, but after that handshake, it was like "woah" this feels different. There's like a moment where the girl gets into you.
It's hard to explain I guess it's just less games, not high fives or any weird stuff, it's a little bit more genine. Like I'm implying to this girl, "I find you attractive, and I want to see where this goes... BUT! What time is it?! OK SEE YA!
It feels weird to just leave abruptly after seeing chemistry to develop. haha. Kind of like a shock. I really feel like I could've gotten that girls number.
... anyway

Other thoughts
- I'm going to aim to get this program completed by 11:59pm March 14th. So probably no weekends or days off. Just PURE approaches.
- After the AA program I want to do quite a bit of volume of real approaches, but I also want to work a lot more... So I might have to start working at 7am again, and going to bed at 10pm and just make that schedule work (even if it makes me super busy)
- Anyway I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Dear Reader: You Should Do the AA program.
I'm starting to get a good outlook from this point in the program, seeing whats possible now and where I was a few months ago, anyone who hasn't done should do it.
Approaching makes you a man, and gives you an edge nobody else has. You feel way more confident around women. It's not an intellectual thing, like you're actually thinking "this girl is hot, but I've talked to hotter girls already today/yesterday and honestly her life isn't as adventurous or cool as mine, and any guy she meets won't be as legit as I am".
Plus it makes every hot girl outside an opportunity.
It's just a good idea.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:14 am

Day 42 (20/20)

DRILL: Hey you're cute, I'm (name), handshake, time, directions, leave.

Summary:
- Talked to 20 girls, 17 completions, Zero bad reactions, mostly neutral.
- Kind of surprised I did this today, especially since the "cute" drills take so much longer.
- Brutally hard to start, I turned down so many opportunities
- Got some serious momentum going around the 5th or 6th girl.
- Near the end I was following girls into stores, asking them in line, asking with tons of people around, make up stores, everything.
- Probably half of the drills came from girls I had to chase down or stop them from walking.

- As I started to rush I noticed the receptions got considerably worse, but I also didn't care that much.
- Lol I think I was cutting girls off, after they gave their name, just so I could finish the drill and find the next girl.
- Pretty much every girl gave their name, and a handshake, but I only remember 2 girls names lol

Notable Interactions

- 4th girl I talked to blushed hardcore. I'm starting to see that from time to time, the girl's face goes completely red. It feels cool to be able to do that.
- Alexa, was tricky. she was the first girl I saw today, passed her by, wasn't ready to follower her into the store, then 10 minutes later I caught her again, but she just whipped by me, didn't have time to do anything, then 40 minutes later in a different mall, I saw her in line at a store, didn't feel good to talk to her then either, finally got her at the foodcourt, got her name and the handshake.

Lessons

Social Momentum - How I got it today.
- K I think I know why I wasn't able to get momentum yesterday, and why I got it today. The first 2 interactions were brutal to get going, but girls 3,4,5 were all super close together, maybe 5 minutes apart, and doing that many quickly really helped, then girl 6 and 7, at the mall were pretty close together too, after girl 7 I had momentum that carried me through the rest of the day. So I think some of the momentum just comes from talking to lots of people really quickly, even if I don't fee like it, after a certain point my brain shuts off and I can just execute.

Stopping girls walking quickly
- "Hey, wait a second" getting their attention with that, and then waiting til they stop and then doing the drill on them worked pretty well. Not 100%, but most of them.

Following a girl for a few minutes is worth it
- This didn't make sense to do on weeks 1-5, but since it takes way more time to find a cute girl, spotting one and then seeing where she goes, was really helpful.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

sundleboro

Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:45 pm

It’s ok man, 3 approaches or not, always great to see your videos. I get a double dose every day, one from your current day and one from the day I’m doing next.
Manganiello wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:22 am
Chris in the audio says today's drills start to feel real, I didn't really believe it looking at the drill on paper, but after that handshake, it was like "woah" this feels different. There's like a moment where the girl gets into you.
It's hard to explain I guess it's just less games, not high fives or any weird stuff, it's a little bit more genine. Like I'm implying to this girl, "I find you attractive, and I want to see where this goes... BUT! What time is it?! OK SEE YA!
It feels weird to just leave abruptly after seeing chemistry to develop. haha. Kind of like a shock. I really feel like I could've gotten that girls number.
... anyway
Actually already feeling this in the past week or two of the program. Girls that just lean in close to you, surprise you, sometimes you think about them for a day or two afterwards. It’s tough but it’s good anticipation for the real thing

Your message to newbies is echoed. It’s teaching me about life too. Being uncomfortable but understanding the pattern of that discomfort so you can take it every day. Comfort is death
sundleboro

Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:06 pm

sundleboro wrote:
- Near the end I was following girls into stores, asking them in line, asking with tons of people around, make up stores, everything.
- Probably half of the drills came from girls I had to chase down or stop them from walking.
That’s awesome. How do you chase them down? Some of Andy’s vlogs, he like runs after them yelling, which is just wild.
sundleboro wrote:
So I think some of the momentum just comes from talking to lots of people really quickly, even if I don't fee like it, after a certain point my brain shuts off and I can just execute.
Thanks for this advice dude. You may be onto something there. Seriously important stuff. Even through this crazy program, it’s great to have seen and done so much that these commonalities kind of bubble to the surface. I read this yesterday and kind of kept it in mind, and tried it today and I think it helped! It’s all really about solving that “problem” to get going. After you have momentum, your cool self kind of takes over. Hahah

Glad you’re solid about the goals, even though you’ll be missed after you graduate... how’s the last few days been?