Manga 🇰🇷: October Update

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:06 am

April 21

Day 2

how the day went

Not much to report
- Worked
- missed out on some 회식 or business boozing. Company pays for eating out. Really wanted to go, but didnt want to make people sick.
- Came home and went to sleep right away. Recording this the next day.

@Hard2Focus appreciate the note man.

Ya interconnectedness it's like such a fundamental thing, but you usually don't recognize how much it effects you until much later.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

CainGettingLaid
Name: Cain
Goal: sexual mastery

Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:10 pm

Hey Brandon, hope you'll go back to full health soon.

I think the time in Korea is not incompatible at all with your goals. If your goal is to have a quality long-term relationship in the next 5 years, then for example having a relationship that last for like a year while in Korea is super helpful for that. Few people make their first serious relationship last for the long term. Even in that there is an experience aspect.

I'm also working on my daygame, will be a blast to do it alongside you.
Manganiello

Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:41 am

April 22

Day 3

Still sick.

Not much to report can't really do much besides read and do minor errands while I recover.

Pretty fun day despite doing next to nothing.

Purged my Spotify to only have cool upbeat music.

Got positivity by Barbara Fredrickson on audible.

---
CainGettingLaid wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:10 pm
Hey Brandon, hope you'll go back to full health soon.

I think the time in Korea is not incompatible at all with your goals. If your goal is to have a quality long-term relationship in the next 5 years, then for example having a relationship that last for like a year while in Korea is super helpful for that. Few people make their first serious relationship last for the long term. Even in that there is an experience aspect.

I'm also working on my daygame, will be a blast to do it alongside you.
Thanks bro. And that's great timing man. Ya there's still a lot I got to improve on but I'm definitely going for it now. Once I get over whatever I came down with. Given how long it's been taking to recover I'm guessing I got another week to go before I can hit the streets.

Y'know just from last year I think I can hold a relationship down for a long time. And it's a great experience to have. I think where I'm at now is just getting a high quality girl and not feeling like I'm holding on for dear life to keep her.

As great as the girl I dated last year was, the problem was I wasn't 100% sure if I could get a girl who I liked as much, if not more.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:00 pm

April 23

Again no real value here. Just posting to keep the streak of positivity going.

Still sick. Can't wait to get back out there again. Hopefully feel better by the time Devin comes out to Seoul this weekend.

Day 4

---
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:59 pm

April 25

Day 5

Resting my voice, but I'll type up the message instead.

what I would've said in the video

One thing I realized last year is that I have this super analytical thought process that is perpetually trying to resolve unresolvable uncertainties. Forever and always.

I remember because last year I was mulling over the breakup after I had done it, and it was interesting that I felt like I made a mistake, but even if I made the opposite decision, and stayed in the relationship, I felt like I would've made a mistake.

I kinda feel the same.

And one thing that's sticking out to me. Is that when Im unsure about something, or im dealing with a setback. I can focus on what I am sure about. Whatever future that may be.

And commit to that.

For me, big picture theres really only 2 things I care about.

Having a thriving career. And a thriving relationship. So for those 2 things, I may not know the perfect overall strategy, but with that as the focus the terrain gets a little bit more manageable and I can start coming up with actions I can do today(tomorrow) that will move the needle.

other stuff

Feeling better, but still can't talk.
Literally using a mic and speaker at work to talk. Hopefully be over this by next weekend.

Read 2 chapters of positivity and napped today. Not a whole lot going on still lol
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:37 pm

April 25

Day 6

Still resting the voice.

- Expecting to be set back for AA tho.

Positive note for today:
I'm just gonna post a few quotes.

"What man needs is not a tensionless state, but rather the striving and struggling for some goal worthy of him"
- Viktor Frankl

"The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off"
- Gloria Steinem

“Never let a good crisis go to waste”
- Winston Churchill

Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:54 pm

April 26

day 7

- Oddly last video I made got 1.1k views on YouTube. Lol no idea why.

- Voice is still gone.

- I'm gonna give it til next Tuesday to recover. If it isn't good by then I'm gonna go to the doctor.

Note

One thing I've noticed recently is I'm getting a lot more positive complements lately. I don't know if it's because I'm paying attention more or if I'm just getting them.

Complements are mostly kids at school liking my demeanor.

Teaching really is a good job. If it paid decent money and had some epic possibility of scaling I would do it for a career.

Anyway the voice thing is annoying. I feel totally sidelined from game. But it is what it is. And it allows me to take care of myself.

Think I might take next weekend off and go travel to a smaller city for 3 days.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Thu Apr 27, 2023 2:30 pm

April 27

Day 8 bitches

voice is slowly returning, but still fucked. Atleast I can talk now.

What I basically say in the video:

- I just talk about how I want to return to dating and approaching more "holistically. " That word honestly annoys me, but I can't think of a better one. Just doing the work isn't very fun. As I do this I want to do it connected to a bigger positive purpose outside of just getting laid.

- Dunno fully how to do that, but I think it comes back to just mapping out how I was thinking before and treating whatever thoughts I had as thought exercises I concioualy do now.

- If gratitude and positivity changes your overall mindset, I'm sure doing the same for something else beneficial will have a net positive effect too.

Off to bed, @Toast, who is more or less dead on this forum lol, is in Seoul. Will be hanging out with him tomorrow. Kinda crazy the first time we meet is in Korea of all places.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:25 am

Manganiello wrote:
Kinda crazy the first time we meet is in Korea of all places.
feel the exact same thing, my first "encounter" with toast was hearing him (and i think you as well?) talk about cold approach on various podcasts with @kyil_andy while i was driving through a dumpy town in the south while it was raining. he was still in america too

didn't think we would literally meet irl and then have it be in japan of all places, and then i'm also the first person he's met from the forums irl
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Manganiello

Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:38 am

April 28

Day9

Thoughts

So this is kind of tricky.

In line of being more purposeful with my dating life.

I'm seeing that the times where was most purposeful, motivated, action-driven... Were usually proceeded by a period of time where all I thought about, exclusively was who I wanted to become and end up in a year.

It was like a 1a goal to think about that.

So this is tricky because I think that means I need to skip out on dating for a month to really ask these questions...

Is that a cop-out or is it truth?
I think it's truth.
I need my mental real estate to be dominated by big questions like "What's the best place I can end up in 1 year" and really feel compelled to answer those... Vs "how do I stop chicks who are walking fast".

... Ughh. Not a comfortable problem because I really do want to jump into game soon. But it's almost like I wanna do that to look good.

... I'll have a better answer on this soon.

Either way. I actually do have time. It's just it also means backing out of prior commitments to go hard in April/May.

Idk the answer. I'm just seeing this as a problem of physics. I can only do one thing well at a time. If I do 2 I suck. So might just bite the bullet.

If anyone has input on this, I'm all ears.

colgate wrote:
Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:25 am
Manganiello wrote:
Kinda crazy the first time we meet is in Korea of all places.
feel the exact same thing, my first "encounter" with toast was hearing him (and i think you as well?) talk about cold approach on various podcasts with @kyil_andy while i was driving through a dumpy town in the south while it was raining. he was still in america too

didn't think we would literally meet irl and then have it be in japan of all places, and then i'm also the first person he's met from the forums irl

Ya dude it's crazy. It felt so weird because it didn't feel weird at all to be drinking out in Seoul and just shooting the shit.

Tho he did meet Sundleboro before. But maybe he meant was a guy who was active on the forums.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Mon May 01, 2023 4:01 am

April 30

Day 10

Deciding to double down on this.

Feeling very apathetic as of late. So I think it's almost a necessity to really go through the process to sort out a vision.

I had a ton of fun going out with @Toast in Seoul. Did a few approaches. Was just cool hanging out.

But I think this showed that overall besides a few sparks I don't really feel motivated overall. So probably doubling down and making getting back to feeling purposeful a major 1a goal is the right move.

If you care enough about something you never need to pushed. You get pulled in by it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Tue May 02, 2023 4:28 pm

May 1

Day 11

No value here. This post is just for me and keeping self-accountability.

Making decent progress.

Was gonna book a trip to Busan thos weekend but all the trains run at shit times. So Im thinking next month.

Exercises are working. Think I have a pretty good idea of what's what.

- I have a value for growth that's being neglected.
- and the reason it's neglected is because I see Korea as a place where I can't build anything. Any lifestyle gains get wiped as soon as I leave.

Not really feeling anything negative about that, it's actually quite nice to have that defined.

And the other cool thing is that Im seeing that even if I didn't go to Korea I would've regretted it. So it's funny it's like either way I would've ended up in regret.

I also noticed my mind will do this before making a decision to, it will feel confused and want to solve that confusion to avoid regret... But I ended up realizing there was no perfect decision and it was my mind just being obsessive.

So this is like the same thing almost.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue May 02, 2023 5:38 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Was gonna book a trip to Busan thos weekend but all the trains run at shit times. So Im thinking next month.
A Train to Busan, you say?
Akilles7
Goal: Bang 50 girls

Tue May 02, 2023 6:27 pm

Manganiello wrote:
- and the reason it's neglected is because I see Korea as a place where I can't build anything. Any lifestyle gains get wiped as soon as I leave.
I've seen you lament this fact before: that in the grand scheme of things, you're in Korea only temporarily.

I know that gets you down a bit, so hopefully what I have to say can alter your mental attitude. It's muddled, but any conversation about psychological states will be muddled. Personally, I have the opposite reaction to you when I know I'm gonna to be in a place only temporarily. It fills me with immense appreciation for the time I'm presently spending there. It really impels me to live in the present moment and enjoy my time. There's 2 reasons for that.

1) Knowing that my situation is guaranteed to change in the future, I'm excited for what comes next. Even if now appears to suck , the knowledge that everything will change, and my current problems end, excites me. Obviously, I don't live my daily life on the prospect of the future. It's just a thought that I tap into when I feel down about the now. It energizes me, and I channel that energy into the present.

2) I know that in the future - when I'm removed from my current situation/problems and Rosy Retrospection has kicked in - I will look back on my time in the present situation with fondness and nostalgia. It's inevitable. Somehow, even the shittiest periods of my life I look back on with warmth. And I always end lamenting that I didn't appreciate those periods sufficiently. So, taking the imagined point of view of me 5, 10, 15 years from now, regretting not having appreciated the present while it was happening, I try and appreciate it.

I can understand the desire to build something long-term, but in the really grand scheme of things (Life), everything is temporary. Death negates everything we built in Life. Should we let that get us down and hamper us in our daily lives?
-----
Again, really admire what you're doing and rooting for your success.
Alltime: 27/50
Before GLL/KYIL: 0
2021: 3
2022: 10/10 ACHIEVED
Threesome: ACHIEVED
2023: 12/20
2024: 2
Manganiello

Wed May 03, 2023 3:57 pm

May 3

Day 12

Did it.

Overall

- feeling a lot more clear headed
- shit is working.

Lessons

As I was going through some of the exercises in the program I'm doing I realized 2 pretty big things...

( 1 ) Your friends will shape your life more than your own plan for it.

The caliber of my friends has had a much bigger impact on my life than the clarity and sensibility of any plan I devised. My environment, my inspirations and my friends have literally made a bigger difference and I can easily trace this phenomena in my life. I stopped being obese, and made huge gains in dating because literally my friends told me to. It wasn't a grand plan. The plan came after.

So I'm better off worrying about my friends. This is a GIANT takeaway. I'm sure first of many.

( 2 ) Being right about something is a bad idea

Even if your right about a situation. Doesn't mean you should listen to it...

Hard to explain, but sometimes being right about the probability of an outcome isn't productive. If being probably right that doing something won't work, so you decide to do nothing instead, is actually worse off than being dillusional sometimes. You're better off sidestepping your 'rightness' and actually trying. Case and point would be weight loss..it's like 98% of diets fail. But even if that's true, youre better off dieting than not.

Actions

- booked the Bus to Busan. New times opened up. It's not perfect. I know nothing about Busan but that's what makes it exciting.
- Restarted keto. imperfectly, but it's going.
- 2 hours of program work.
- Corrected a few problems with my phone provider (sounds minor, but in Korea your phone number is essentially your ID, it was seriously annoying)

pancakemouse wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 5:38 pm

Train to Busan, you say?
Exactly what I thought.

Akilles7 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 6:27 pm
Manganiello wrote:
I've seen you lament this fact before: that in the grand scheme of things, you're in Korea only temporarily.

I know that gets you down a bit, so hopefully what I have to say can alter your mental attitude. It's muddled, but any conversation about psychological states will be muddled. Personally, I have the opposite reaction to you when I know I'm gonna to be in a place only temporarily. It fills me with immense appreciation for the time I'm presently spending there. It really impels me to live in the present moment and enjoy my time. There's 2 reasons for that.

1) Knowing that my situation is guaranteed to change in the future, I'm excited for what comes next. Even if now appears to suck , the knowledge that everything will change, and my current problems end, excites me. Obviously, I don't live my daily life on the prospect of the future. It's just a thought that I tap into when I feel down about the now. It energizes me, and I channel that energy into the present.

2) I know that in the future - when I'm removed from my current situation/problems and Rosy Retrospection has kicked in - I will look back on my time in the present situation with fondness and nostalgia. It's inevitable. Somehow, even the shittiest periods of my life I look back on with warmth. And I always end lamenting that I didn't appreciate those periods sufficiently. So, taking the imagined point of view of me 5, 10, 15 years from now, regretting not having appreciated the present while it was happening, I try and appreciate it.

I can understand the desire to build something long-term, but in the really grand scheme of things (Life), everything is temporary. Death negates everything we built in Life. Should we let that get us down and hamper us in our daily lives?
-----
Again, really admire what you're doing and rooting for your success.

I think tone is lost. I actually don't feel that down. What I'm doing now is sort of flushing out all the negative feelings just by labeling all of it. So it sounds more negative than I actually am.

Regarding the points tho, I do agree with them.

All this stuff is temporary.

This is more of a value thing.

Some people need time alone, and they get seriously stressed when they don't get it for a long period of time. Other people don't care.

Some people value being appreciated, and will feel an urgent need to quit their job if they don't get it, other people can go forever without it.

For me I need growth, and it bothers me a lot when I don't get it.

So I'm just dealing with a value thing. I just have to see a way to have meaningful growth here and now.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]