Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:34 pm

Nashville is probably the US city I've had the best Tinder results in terms of quality + quantity (after Houston). The proportion of attractive women there is ridiculously high. I went to a bar in East Nashville called Rosemary and Beauty Queen for a date. The female:male ratio was, no joke (I counted), 10:1. Never seen anything like that in my life.

The only downside would be if you ever wanted to get into cold approach, the streets have fairly low volume, and I was never able to really figure out the nightlife, it seemed like lots of tourists in groups and families.
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:38 pm

pancakemouse wrote:
Nashville is probably the US city I've had the best Tinder results in terms of quality + quantity (after Houston). The proportion of attractive women there is ridiculously high. I went to a bar in East Nashville called Rosemary and Beauty Queen for a date. The female:male ratio was, no joke (I counted), 10:1. Never seen anything like that in my life.

The only downside would be if you ever wanted to get into cold approach, the streets have fairly low volume, and I was never able to really figure out the nightlife, it seemed like lots of tourists in groups and families.
Have you tried using Tinder in South America? Really curious what kind of results you'd get
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 am

pancakemouse wrote:

I've been swiping on Tinder while I'm here and yeah, definitely seeing a lot more hotties. Any neighborhoods in Nashville you'd recommend checking out? My Airbnb is in Downtown near Broadway. I've heard that the Gulch is a really nice area too
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:05 am

Adam wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 am
pancakemouse wrote:

I've been swiping on Tinder while I'm here and yeah, definitely seeing a lot more hotties. Any neighborhoods in Nashville you'd recommend checking out? My Airbnb is in Downtown near Broadway. I've heard that the Gulch is a really nice area too
Depends on what you're looking for.

The Gulch is basic bitch central and has the hottest girls in town. The social life is centered around the large "luxury" apartment complexes, which house recent college grads and basically are like an extended college experience.

East Nashville is more hipster mixed with some young couples and young families, but hot girls as well.

I really liked this neighborhood called The Nations, which was completely rebuilt after the 2010 flood - but I wouldn't go there for the women.
Adam

Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:49 pm

1/4/2022 Recap
Fat-Loss Actions:
16K Steps
20-minute bodyweight workout (Pushups, Squats, Lunges, Leg Raises)
Stretch

Walked down to the nearest BJJ gym last night. It's kind of in the middle of nowhere and I'd definitely want to drive there rather than walk if I moved to Nashville. I'm planning to check out the Gulch and East Nashville tonight after work.

Mindset:
Something that's been coming up as I'm walking around checking out girls is fear of being seen as "too old" to be hitting on hot girls in their early 20s. Along with that fear comes regret at not dating when I was in my early 20s. I have a lot of regret and frustration at myself for all the missed opportunities when I was younger and a feeling that it would have been easier for me to get girls if I was younger. I suspect that feeling is an excuse for me to not take action. I know that Andy has a podcast on using "I'm too old" as an excuse. I'll re-listen to that tonight.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:38 pm

1/5/2022 Recap
Fat-Loss Actions:
17K Steps
Stretch

Checked out the Gulch and SoBro last night. I get what @pancakemouse means by Basic Bitch Central. Definitely feels like a very bougie area. I kind of liked it though. I also walked around the music row area a bit and also liked it. The only big city I'm really familiar with is Philadelphia and Nashville feels so different from Philly. It's weird how I can be right in the middle of the city, then walk like 5 minutes and suddenly there are big empty parking lots and major roadways and wide open spaces. I'm used to the cramped spaces and one-way streets of Philly. It seems like it would be easier to drive in and out of. If I moved there I think I'd want a car if only for Jiu-Jitsu nights. None of the gyms are walkable and I wouldn't want to wait for an uber when I'm all sweaty after a hard rolling session.

I took a lot of pictures while exploring. It makes me want to take pictures more often and learn more about photography. I like to walk and listen to podcasts anyway. May as well take pictures while I'm out and about. Also listened to the "This Guy Had Sex within 5 MINUTES of meeting a Girl!" video on the KYIL Youtube channel. Inspiring stuff. Filled me with hope that I can make similar changes and made me feel very excited to lose the weight, improve my Tinder Profile, and meet with more girls.

Today's Daily Stoic is on knowing your purpose. My main goal right now is losing fat, but the purpose that encompasses all my goals is to improve myself as much as I can and be an inspiration to others. I'll refine the wording of that purpose over time, but that idea of becoming someone who can inspire admiration and encourage others is key.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:04 pm

1/6 - 1/8 Recap:

Walk at least 10K steps: Every day
At-home Strength Workout: Done on Thursday
Stretching: Every day

Nashville got about 6 inches of snow on Thursday and it was cold as balls. I still did a ton of walking. Checked out Midtown and Germantown. Flew back home on Saturday and my parents picked me up from the airport. I'm back at my apartment today. My weight stayed about the same from last week. Which isn't surprising. I ate at a restaurant every day during the week, but fasted most of the day each day and also walked a lot more than usual every day. I really like Nashville. I'm going to spend a week in Center City Philly to compare the two, but it's looking likely for a move. The thing that really stood out to me was how normal it felt. Very few people wore masks outside and no one wore them in the bars. The bouncers at the bar only checked my ID and didn't ask to see my vaccine card.

I listened to the first 3 chapters of "Can't Hurt Me" by David Goggins while walking Thursday and Friday night. Freaking inspiring stuff.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:10 pm

Hahaaaa Adam is back in town and fucking WORKING

Glad you are posting regularly

Enjoy the transformation that will happen for you now you have discovered THE HARDEST MAN GOD EVER MADE, DAVID GOGGINS!!!

I have a signed copy of his book next to my bed, it is my prized possession. Dude is legit my hero. He inspires me to grind until my bones crack every freakin day of my life

Adam you will have a killer year this year, be successful, be one of lifes winners, enjoy the glory this life can bring

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 am

Im seconding Makingacomeback David Goggins book is truly great I think I'm on chapter 7. Its great work he has another book coming out. I'm looking forward to it.
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Adam

Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:54 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:10 pm
Adam you will have a killer year this year, be successful, be one of lifes winners, enjoy the glory this life can bring
Thanks MAC. I really appreciate your consistent encouragement and positive attitude. I see it in your own thread and every time you post in mine or someone else's. You're right. We're gonna make it.
Jacobpalmer123 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:10 am
Im seconding Makingacomeback David Goggins book is truly great I think I'm on chapter 7. Its great work he has another book coming out. I'm looking forward to it.
Yeah I'm digging it. I'm on chapter 5. I listened to it at the gym yesterday and pushed a little harder on each exercise. When I couldn't hit my targeted reps on the last set of bench press I took a 30-second breather and then pushed out the last few reps, rather than just stopping when I couldn't do anymore.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:53 pm

1/9/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.6 lbs
10K Steps: Check
Gym Workout: Check
Stretch: Check
Calories: 2100

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Check

Just ran a bunch of errands yesterday. Bought Groceries, cooked food for the week, bought a few things I needed, cleaned the apartment. Then hit the gym, stretched, and got my 10K steps. I've continued to do my Daily Stoic reading and journaling each morning.

I plan to drive into Philly this Saturday afternoon and walk around Center City. I'm quite familiar with the area already as I used to live in Center City. The purpose of this visit will be to see how much covid is affecting things. I'm not very optimistic. I checked out the facebook group for the local swing dance event and starting in February they're going to check all dancers for documentation of the latest booster before allowing them to attend.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
DavidStone
Goal: Gratitude

Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:20 pm

Hey man. I'm living in Philly now. All bars and restaurants are required to ask for a vax card. Not all bar's are enforcing the order.
Adam

Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:57 am

DavidStone wrote:
Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:20 pm
Hey man. I'm living in Philly now. All bars and restaurants are required to ask for a vax card. Not all bar's are enforcing the order.
Thanks man. I thought that might be the case. Good to know. What part of Philly are you in? I live outside the city in Conshohocken at the moment.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:07 am

1/10/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 170.2 lbs
10K Steps: Check
Gym: Rest Day
Stretch: Check
Calories: 1759

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Check

Fairly uneventful day yesterday. Work, then an hour of walking, then an hour and a half of reading and writing, dinner, more walking, stretch, then get ready for bed. I did another gamequitters exercise during the reading/writing block. This one asked me to write down 10 things I'm grateful for, then meditate for 10 minutes. I haven't meditated for a while and it felt nice to do that. Though it was late enough in the evening that I found myself getting very drowsy.

Listened to more Can't Hurt Me during my walks.

10 gratitude items:
1. The nice black hoodie I’m wearing that I bought on the recommendation of Radical’s style guide
2. These thermal jeans that keep my legs warm in the winter
3. Gloves! My hands were so cold in Nashville without them
4. Hand moisturizer to stop my hands from drying out in the winter
5. The Kill Your Inner Loser website and community
6. The freedom to move wherever I want
7. The love and support of my parents
8. A good relationship with my brother
9. Medicine to manage my restless leg syndrome
10. The Wheel of Time book series
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
DavidStone
Goal: Gratitude

Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:56 pm

I live close to Temple. Let me know if you want to take new photos for online dating.