Adam's Weight-Loss/Training Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:12 am

Svadhishthana wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:24 pm
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. You failed, which is fine. But the important thing is that you learn from your failure and act accordingly.

I also struggle with binging. Here are some things I think might be helpful -

1) Noticing. Throughout the day, notice when you get a craving to eat. Try to determine if it is physically driven or emotionally driven. This is a skill you can put effort into and improve in. Once you can notice and differentiate, it will be far easier to actually affect change.

2) Meditate. When you meditate, you run into all sorts of temptations - my back hurts, my nose itches, I'm thirsty. Then, you notice them, and do nothing. You notice that these feelings eventually recede as you continue to sit. I think this is a good way to practice resisting the urge to binge.

3) Can you afford to just pay someone to keep you accountable? You're basically bodybuilding - why not pay a bodybuilding coach to keep you accountable?
Thanks for the tips and encouragement. I used to meditate each morning but slowly skipped until I stopped. As for paying a coach - Yes, definitely. I'm looking for one right now. I talked to a coach on Friday, but they're more hands-off than I want. I want the daily check-in. I will post in here once I find a coach.
MakingAComeback wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am
when I was a 250lbs beast, obese mess, fuck me it was all over the place.

Don't stress it, keep getting all your hormones balanced, stick to the diet and you will get healthier, kill cravings, and get to your ideal body.

IMO it's about nurturing our body and mind and keeping ourselves healthy in this process. Stressing it a lot is what I have a bad habit of doing and it just breaks your body down and makes it all harder.

Thanks Mac. Your progress has been awesome to see. Your jawline looks sharp as hell in that new profile pic.
Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:36 pm
Read this:

One of the few, non-gay books about binge-eating.

What's your meal structure like?
The book didn't post. Andy obviously only approves of gay books. My meal structure is usually a small lunch between noon and 1, some fruit after work, then a bigger dinner around 7. Closer to 9 on BJJ nights. My normal food is chicken, beef, vegetables that I cook myself. When I binge on junk, it's almost always in the late evening and usually on a Friday or Saturday when I'm inside with nothing social scheduled for the night. I think boredom is the main trigger, and at the time food seems a more appealing way to alleviate the boredom than pushing myself to exercise or call someone.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:45 pm

Adam wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:12 am
The book didn't post. Andy obviously only approves of gay books. My meal structure is usually a small lunch between noon and 1, some fruit after work, then a bigger dinner around 7. Closer to 9 on BJJ nights. My normal food is chicken, beef, vegetables that I cook myself. When I binge on junk, it's almost always in the late evening and usually on a Friday or Saturday when I'm inside with nothing social scheduled for the night. I think boredom is the main trigger, and at the time food seems a more appealing way to alleviate the boredom than pushing myself to exercise or call someone.
Gaaaaay

Never Binge Again, the Kindle version is free.

If you're not gonna schedule anything social those days, eat breakfast. Don't skip it. Some carbs and protein. You'll see that cravings go down.

You're right on the boredom part. I was a binge eater for years. I'd eat to the point my heart would hurt. Eventually I stopped because I decided to make my life more interesting. Plus, after becoming 33, I realized that time is running out. So, if I'm going to be in a brain fog after bingeing, I'm just robbing myself from doing the things that are important to me. Kinda lame I had to make those realizations at 33, but better late than never.
For November:
  • Paperback version of book - DONE
  • Prepare content for next info product
  • Bring down lead cost and keep generate 1/day
  • 10 approaches a day, Monday through Saturday - FAIL
Adam

Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm

Just downloaded it. Thanks.
Adam

Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:26 am

What's up lads. I found an online counselor for binge eating. Going to give her program a shot. Binging has been a recurring issue that's derailed my diet effort in the past, so if I can get this taken care of that'll be a big step.