Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:50 pm

Tuesday 1/11/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 165.4 lbs
10K Steps: Check
Gym: Check
Stretch: Check
Calories: 1684

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Check

Not much to report from yesterday. Hit all my targets. Listened to more Can't Hurt Me at the gym and on my walks. Yesterday's Daily Stoic was a good reminder to not use inconvenient events as an excuse to go off my plan. When I couldn't sleep in the past, I'd often take the excuse for a "one-off" midnight snack to help me sleep. But I have trouble sleeping often enough that it becomes much more than a one-off. And it's no excuse anyway.

Oddly, I haven't felt any strong temptation to play games since stopping before New Years. Right now I'm excited about my goals so it's easy to not game. And I've got some good books to read which scratch a similar itch to games.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 am

Wednesday 1/12/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 165.6 lbs
10K Steps: 16K
Gym: Rest Day
Calories: 1770

Dating:

Pretty normal day yesterday. Hit all my targets. I bought an Anti-Nail-Biting pen off Amazon after I saw someone mention it in another log. I can't remember whose log it was. Anyway, it's great. I unconsciously went to bite my nails twice throughout the day and each time got surprised by the bitter taste from the stuff I'd put on my nails. And it doesn't smell or make my fingertips sticky. The only downside I've had so far is that once I got some food residue on my finger and went to lick my finger clean without thinking of it and got a blast of bitterness along with the food taste. So I definitely won't use this when I'm eating finger food. It seems to last even after I wash my hands, which is nice so I don't have to constantly reapply it throughout the day.

I gotten very few matches on the dating apps this week. Might just be one of those slow weeks.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:09 pm

Thursday 1/13/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Calories: 1794

Dating:

I'm pretty proud of yesterday. I slept like crap Wednesday night. The restless leg syndrome acted up and woke me up twice, then I couldn't get back to sleep after the second time. Probably got 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

But I didn't use that as an excuse. I had a big 3-hour presentation at work that I nailed, then still went to the gym after work. I was really tempted to skip squats, and the gym was crowded which meant that I had to wait for a squat rack to open up. Perfect excuse to skip them along with the fatigue from low sleep. But I waited for one to open up and did them anyway. Then went home, ate dinner, did my 10K steps, and stretched. And swiped through the dating apps before getting ready for bed.

Yesterday's Daily Stoic entry reminded me of this forum. Andy and Radical consistently encourage guys not to spend time complaining or worrying about things that they can't control. Not using anything outside of their control as an excuse to not take action. But to focus on the things we can control and crush those things. Guys who do that - and never fucking give up - are the ones who find success.
IMG_20220113_093847450.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:35 pm

KEEP WORKING

On the days you don't want to be there, THAT is the day you know whether you will be successful or not

You will move your life forward this year Adam and just keep showing up. You have a platform for a elite life, it's VERY realistic for you dude.

Keep working

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam

Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:40 pm

Friday 1/14/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 165.0 lbs
Gym: rest day
Calories: 3388

Dating:

Friday was an off day for me. I had another big presentation at work and after I was done, decided to relax by eating food and watching TV. Went way over my calorie limit for the day. Still not a binge - I didn't eat whatever I wanted and didn't go until I was almost sick like I have in times past - but I want to avoid days like that in the future. Fridays are often tough, especially if I don't have something social planned. The best solution, of course, is to have a date or something else social planned. I will try to do that, but also need a backup plan for Fridays spent alone so I don't use circumstances as an excuse. Still got all my steps, stretched, swiped, and went to bed at a decent hour.

Saturday 1/15/22 Recap

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.8 lbs
10K Steps: 15K
Calories: 2089

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: No

Pretty solid day. Had an hour call with my friend. Told him about my giving up Video games and he was extremely supportive of that. Then got a haircut, went to the gym, and got groceries right after. Cooked some food, though I still have some more to cook today. Went to a swing dance in the evening. Super fun. I always enjoy that and it's good for extra exercise. Ate some low-calorie ice cream when I got home which put me a little bit over calories.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:32 am

• This Week's Starting Weight: 167.6
    This Week's Ending Weight: 168.6
    This Week's Average Weight: 166.7
    Average Calories/day: 2021
    Days since last binge: 53
Gym Workouts: 3/3
Daily 10K Steps: 7/7
Daily Stretch: 7/7

Waist Measurement taken this morning: 84 cm (33.07 in)

I'm happy with my exercise habits this week. Just need to keep the calories down. They were good all through the week. Friday and Saturday were the two off days. Just need to have a battle plan for weekends where my habitual mindset is "it's the weekend, time to indulge"
Last edited by Adam on Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:53 am

Yeah I gotta give up video games. I swear it's a big one. How tall are you?
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Adam

Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Jacobpalmer123 wrote:
Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:53 am
Yeah I gotta give up video games. I swear it's a big one. How tall are you?
I'm 5'11"

It's definitely been a big one for me. It fed into other bad habits like eating too much or staying up late.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:31 am

Sunday 1/16/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 168.6 lbs
Calories: 1788

Dating:

Met up with @DavidStone in Philly to take some pics and walk around the city. It was cold as fuck out there, but we took a lot of pictures and it was good to meet another KYIL guy in person.

The rest of the day was pretty lazy after that. I got the rest of my steps, did some stretching, swiping. Set up a date for Monday night (but unfortunately she cancelled day-of). Cooked most of my food for the week so I'm ready to go out and crush it.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:09 pm

Monday 1/17/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.8 lbs
10K Steps: 12K
Calories: 1788

Dating:

Contacted an online personal trainer on Instagram yesterday. Told him my goals - losing fat till I have visible abs which should be 10-12 % bodyfat - and where I think my struggles are. I told him what I'm currently doing to lose fat and he seems to understand that I'm not a total beginner with fitness. I'm doing a lot of things right, but diet consistency (at least from my perspective) is what holds me back. Though I'm open to any changes he wants to make to my workout plans.

Also went to my doctor for a checkup since I haven't been there in a year. All my bloodwork was good. Blood pressure and pulse are healthy. Resting pulse is higher than it was last time I visited. It was 61 bpm this time. Last time it was in the high 40s. Probably because I haven't been doing jiu-jitsu and have just been strength training + walking as my exercise. Once I get these damn warts sorted out and get back to training consistently, my cardio will get much better.

Had a girl from Hinge cancel the date last night, so I just did some more walking and checked out my finances to see what I'm willing to spend on coaching this year.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:08 am

Dumb bitch cancelling. Oh well. Cutting does suck but you do look good. So the good outweighs the bad. You trying to cut to 150?
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Adam

Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:50 pm

Jacobpalmer123 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:08 am
You trying to cut to 150?
Probably. I'm 166 right now. I'll see how I'm looking in another 10 lbs and keep cutting from there if necessary
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:13 am

Tuesday 1/18/22 Recap:

Fitness:
10K Steps: 11K
Calories: 2800

Dating:

Off day yesterday. I was hungry and low on energy throughout the day and ate a lot more than usual. Still got exercise, but wasted a lot of time watching TV in the evening. Even though I ate a lot, it was mostly good stuff. The only somewhat junk-y food was a pint of low-calorie ice cream (400 cals total). The rest was all chicken, vegetables, fruit, greek yogurt. Still got to sleep on time.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:06 pm

Wednesday 1/19/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 168.6 lbs
10K Steps: 10K
Calories: 1511

Dating:

Bounced back after Tuesday's off day. Fasted until 6:00 PM so it was easy to keep calories low. Actually had to eat a little extra to get enough protein. Hit the gym after work (and before eating) and got a good workout in while listening to a Joe Rogan/David Goggins interview. Having Goggins in your ear helps to push a little harder in the gym. Got my steps in after dinner and got to bed early since I had a call with the new online trainer scheduled for 8:00 Thursday morning.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 pm

Thursday 1/20/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.4 lbs
10K Steps: 9K
Stretch: No
Calories: 2019

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Yes

Had a call with an online trainer and signed up with him. I'll be following his workouts and food suggestions for the next three months. He's got me way on more calories than I've been eating, which makes me a little nervous, but we'll also add an extra gym workout each week and some additional cardio sessions on non-gym days. So we'll see. If I start gaining weight or stay stagnant, he'll adjust the calories.

The workouts he's got me doing will also be longer than the ones I've been doing. More machine stuff in addition to the standard DL/Squat/Bench/OHP. I'll have to move my schedule around a little to make time for the longer workouts, and to be honest I'm a little anxious about having time to fit everything into my schedule. But plenty of guys have made this work before me. I'll figure it out. Maybe I can move my gym sessions to noon when there's fewer people there since I work from home.

Other than that: I had a 4 hour presentation AFTER normal work hours for a potential customer in China. That was rough, but I managed to get 9K steps in before that presentation and still got to bed on time. Didn't find time for stretching. Still did some swiping on Tinder and Bumble as well. I have a coffee date with a cute 20 year old scheduled for this Saturday afternoon. It's been a while since I went on a date - had a few rounds of sickness in late November and December - so I might be a little rusty conversationally. We'll see.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs