Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:26 pm

enjoyablehat wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:11 am
Our of curiousity where on the east coast? no worries if you don't want to share but there's a couple of us in the Boston area. Never snowboarded or skiied when I was a kid - went a few times in college and can empathize with falling!! Glad you got your goal, keep it up!
Thanks man. I don't mind sharing. I'm in the Philadelphia area.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:52 pm

I think I'll post in this topic a bit more often going forward. I was just posting when I had an update toward a goal, but I suspect posting more often in here will keep my enthusiasm for meeting my goals high.

My weight is still hovering between 173 and 175. I've kept my daily calories under 2000 except for Saturday when I got bored and ate some junk food. In the past I've been able to take a cheat day and still lose weight, but obviously that's not the case now. I'll still do what it takes to reach that goal of 172 lbs by the 30th. It might be that I'll just hit it for a day instead of it being my average for the week. We'll see. I did a long fast on Tuesday where I skipped breakfast and lunch and just ate dinner. I plan to do that again today.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm

Adam wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:52 pm
I did a long fast on Tuesday where I skipped breakfast and lunch and just ate dinner. I plan to do that again today.
Yeah let us know how that goes and effects the scale.

Have you tried aiming for bigger calorie deficits? How did those go?
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Adam

Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:28 pm

Yesterday I felt very low energy and slightly depressed. Not sure why. Maybe because of the attempted fast, but I've done that before so I doubt it. And anyway, I did not fast all day. I got very hungry around 2:00 and didn't have the willpower to push through, nor was I busy enough with work to distract myself. Fasting is easier when I have lots to do at work.
Anyway, despite feeling a little down, I kept my eating to 2055 calories. Not enough to do any damage. On a bad day like that, I'm happy with NOT taking a step backwards. I got plenty of sleep last night and am feeling good today so I'll crush the diet today, hit the gym after work, and do some extra walking.

174.0 lbs this morning.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:02 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm
Yeah let us know how that goes and effects the scale.

Have you tried aiming for bigger calorie deficits? How did those go?
On the fasting days, I've had much bigger deficits since I only eat one meal on those days. 1200 calories, which is really low for me. And if I stay low carb (no fruit, just veggies and sweet potatoes), I find it pretty easy to keep the calories low - around 1800 - and still feel full.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:20 pm

5 days to goal deadline (172.0 lbs)
174.0 lbs this morning.

My average calories for the past week was 2055. Assuming that I measured them correctly. I will drop them to 1800 this week and do some more walking. I wasn't measuring my walking, but I've got a fitbit and will measure steps going forward. My Gym time and BJJ time is the same most weeks.

Weekend Recap: I didn't have anything going on Friday or Saturday night. Empty evenings usually make me want to snack. I ate fruit and low-calorie ice cream. Not ideal but not as bad as it's been in the past when I'd binge on junk food. The best solution is to find something social to do in the evenings so I don't get bored and want to snack. Boredom-eating has always been my big issue with weight-loss.

Went for a long hike Saturday afternoon with my parents and siblings. Ate Pad Thai afterwards. Probably should have gone with a lower-carb option. Sunday was uneventful.

Plan for this week: 1800 calories today-Wednesday. Track steps and aim for 8000 on non-BJJ days, 6000 on BJJ days. If necessary, dramatically drop calories on Thursday in order to reach the monthly goal. I know that hitting 172 in that way won't be true fat loss, but it's important to hit the goal I set for myself.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm

4 days to goal deadline (172.0 lbs)
174.6 lbs this morning.

Yesterday Recap:
1799 calories for the day. I had a pretty big lunch and found myself feeling sluggish and lazy in the early afternoon. I think I'd benefit from eating a smaller lunch. I tried that today. Instead of fasting until 1 and having a big lunch, I ate a small "breakfast" at 11, then another small lunch at 2. My energy levels feel good, I ate only slightly more calories that I eat at lunch after fasting, and I feel satiated. Not full, but satiated. I'll see how I feel for the rest of the day, then maybe do the same tomorrow. The whole point of not eating until 1 was to help me eat fewer calories and still feel full. If I can accomplish that with two smaller meals and not suffer an afternoon lull where I'm super-unproductive at work, that would be good.

I hit the gym after work yesterday and then didn't have anything else schedule for the evening. I didn't snack. Tonight I have BJJ from 6-8 PM.

I think I'll reactivate tinder and bumble this week. I've been putting off dating since I'm not as lean as I'd like to be. But I'm still better than average at the moment, and I need to fill up those empty evenings when I'm not at BJJ or Salsa Dancing lessons. Once I hit my goal physique, I'll restart my accounts and get some new pictures.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm

Adam wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:47 pm
Instead of fasting until 1 and having a big lunch, I ate a small "breakfast" at 11, then another small lunch at 2. My energy levels feel good
I did that experiment too, breakfast makes the rest of the day easier hunger wise for me. 1/3 of my calories for the day comes from breakfast.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Adam

Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:43 pm

3 days to goal deadline (172.0 lbs)
172.6 lbs this morning

Yesterday Recap:
1651 calories. Energy levels were good through most of the day. I still got a bit drowsy around 3:00, but had a cup of green tea to get me through the last bit of the workday. By 4:30 I was energized again. Went to BJJ at 6:00. Did a few cool Gi chokes during the lesson, then got 6 rolls in. I ate dinner at 8:00 and was full. My protein for the day was a bit low at 147 grams. I'd like to keep it around 170-ish each day.
I relaxed for the rest of the night. Played Fallout New Vegas for an hour, then read a SciFi novel before bed.

Today's plan: Work till 4:30, gym right after work, dinner at 7, Salsa dance class at 8:30.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:41 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm

I did that experiment too, breakfast makes the rest of the day easier hunger wise for me. 1/3 of my calories for the day comes from breakfast.
Yeah, at different times in the past, I've sometimes had success while keeping breakfast and at other times found success by fasting until noon or 1. Having a late breakfast helped yesterday, so I'll try it for a while and see how I feel.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:41 pm

2 days to goal deadline (172.0 lbs)
172.2 lbs this morning

Yesterday Recap:
2225 Calories. For some reason I was extra hungry yesterday and my usual meals weren't filling me up. I still had a nagging hunger. Other than that, it was a normal Wednesday. Worked from home, hit the gym after work and did a leg workout, relaxed for a few hours, then had a Salsa dance lesson at 8:30.

I'm looking forward to putting these Salsa dance skills to work once dance venues open back up. I've met lots of girls through Swing Dance in the past, but Salsa seems to attract more hot girls.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
dolan
Goal: overcome dating anxiety

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm

Hey Adam. Can you include in one of your logs what your food+drink intake was? Not just the calories at the end of the day but what and how much. For your lifting, are you following a program?
Adam

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:42 pm

dolan wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:36 pm
Hey Adam. Can you include in one of your logs what your food+drink intake was? Not just the calories at the end of the day but what and how much. For your lifting, are you following a program?
Hey Dolan. Yes, I'm following a program. For the past 4 weeks, I've followed the four day version of the this plan at aworkoutroutine.com:
https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-mus ... t-routine/

And yeah, here's my food from Wednesday. Pretty typical food selection, just a little more of it than usual.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:59 pm

1 day to goal deadline (172.0 lbs)
171.6 lbs this morning

Yesterday Recap:
2432 Calories. Got a little depressed at the end of the workday and had a craving for sugar. I went to the supermarket and bought frozen mangos and some low-calorie Ice Cream. My mood lifted pretty quickly and I still went to BJJ, had some good rolls, and got a ton of exercise. Went to bed on-time. Calories for the day were higher than I want, but not as bad as they could've been. I've binge-eaten in the past and eaten an extra 2K calories in a day.

Woke up this morning at 171.6 lbs, meeting my goal for the month one day before the deadline.

Goal #1 for the month: Reach 172.0 lbs or lower by January 30th - ACHIEVED.
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:07 pm

Hey Guys. I reactivated my Tinder and Bumble profiles today. The pictures I have are old, but still look like me. I plan to take new pics once I reach my weight goal. What do you think of the four I have here? Right now, I have header1 as my first pic in Tinder, then the two dancing Pics and the BJJ pic as pictures 2-4.

Main Question: Which header pic do you think is best? #1 is the one I've been going with and the one the one that my friends have recommended consistently.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs