Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:07 pm

I hit my goals last month. For this month, I definitely want to continue losing weight. Target this month is 170.0 lbs. Hopefully I can lose the weight faster this month now that I have some momentum from the past two weeks. Not sure about goal #2 yet.

I messaged two matches through Tinder using the template from Andy's Tinder guide. It actually made me feel really anxious to open with "Hey, you're sexy." I don't think I hide my sexuality on dates, but opening up with it right off the bat is unusual for me and feels weird and fake. I'm going to keep doing it anyway for at least a while longer. Might just be the feeling of trying something new.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:24 pm

Smaller goals for the month:
  • Refill my teeth-whitening solution from the dentist.
  • Kill the wart that popped up on my finger and top of my foot. Probably from Jiu-Jitsu.
  • Renew Driver's License
  • At least one date from online this month
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:30 pm

Alright, goals for the Month:
  • 170.0 lbs by February 28th
  • Visit Rock-Climbing Gym Twice by February 28th
Once I visit the rock-climbing gym, I'll figure out what sort of equipment/training/help I need to do an outdoor climb. Weight loss will be same deal as last month. An average of 2000 calories/day seems to do the trick, and my body seems to respond well to fairly low carbs. It's easy to eat lower calories if all my carbs come from veggies and sweet potatoes rather than fruit. I'll eat low-carb most days and save the fruit for when I'm really craving comfort food.

Today's Weight: 175 lbs
Yesterday Recap:
1778 calories. Hit a leg workout at the gym after work, ate dinner, played some video games, then took a salsa-dancing lesson.

I ate poorly over the weekend. We had a big snowstorm on Sunday and I got a little depressed from being inside and alone. I ate a bunch to feel better.

The days I usually eat poorly are days when I don't have anything that I need to do for the day and have nothing social scheduled for the evening. I end up playing video games for too long, feeling burnt out from that, and eating food to make myself feel better. Do any of you guys have that problem? I like having free time, but too much of it puts me in a bad mood and leads to self-destructive behavior.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
enjoyablehat
Name: George
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Consistency is key

Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 am

Adam wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:30 pm

I ate poorly over the weekend. We had a big snowstorm on Sunday and I got a little depressed from being inside and alone. I ate a bunch to feel better.

The days I usually eat poorly are days when I don't have anything that I need to do for the day and have nothing social scheduled for the evening. I end up playing video games for too long, feeling burnt out from that, and eating food to make myself feel better. Do any of you guys have that problem? I like having free time, but too much of it puts me in a bad mood and leads to self-destructive behavior.
I definitely feel you on having too much free time leading to destructive behavior - For me being productive, planning, and just doing things properly begets more of the same. I used to just get absolutely trashed every weekend because it was like ... well I have no obligations I'll just go full hedonist.

I'm the opposite for social stuff though - I'll frequently eat more or drink when I wasn't planning to if I'm people and we're eating or drinking.

Got lucky with the storm and wasn't hit bad...places 20 minutes from me got 2 feet and I got like 5 inches... but I can definitely empathize with what you're saying, to out of nowhere be cooped up inside all alone I would probably find an excuse to start eating or drinking etc...and then not stop because the seal is off...

The longer I've been here and taking myself seriously though I can definitely feel my mindset changing, I think if we just keep being serious about our goals and in the bigger picture be trying to make any progress, the cheat/bad/hedonistic days because more infrequent
Current Goals:
Get a new job
Fix Sleep
Stay consistent with eating and improve health habits
Adam

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:40 pm

enjoyablehat wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:40 am
Got lucky with the storm and wasn't hit bad...places 20 minutes from me got 2 feet and I got like 5 inches... but I can definitely empathize with what you're saying, to out of nowhere be cooped up inside all alone I would probably find an excuse to start eating or drinking etc...and then not stop because the seal is off...

The longer I've been here and taking myself seriously though I can definitely feel my mindset changing, I think if we just keep being serious about our goals and in the bigger picture be trying to make any progress, the cheat/bad/hedonistic days because more infrequent
Thanks Man. Yeah, we got about 2 feet here. It took about an hour just to shovel out my parking spot. You're right about scheduling things out. If I don't schedule things I tend to default to playing video games, but I have a some more productive hobbies I can work on during those 'empty' days.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:48 pm

23 days to goal deadline (170.0 lbs)
Today's weight: 174.2

Yesterday Recap:
1769 calories. Strong day. I was productive throughout the workday and pedaled 20 miles on my deskcycle while working. Went to BJJ at 6:00 and had several good rolls. Felt like I put out a good level of energy. I was tired at the end of it and my muscles were sore, but I didn't feel beat up. I should aim for that kind of output at practices so I can train consistently. Had a healthy dinner when I got home and relaxed the rest of the night.

Today's main goal: Go to bed at 11:30 even though the 10-year-old in me wants to stay up extra late because it's the weekend.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:55 pm

There's a cute new girl at my local coffee shop. At least, she looks cute above her mask and she's got a good body. Any of you guys have experiencing asking someone out at their job? I know it can be a weird position to put someone in since they're in a profession where they need to be nice to you. I also go to the coffee shop pretty much every day and I know and like the people there so I don't want to make things awkward with them.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 pm

19 days to goal deadline (170.0 lbs)
Today's Weight: 174.4

I ate poorly on Saturday night again this weekend. Same thing that normally happens. Too much free time, got bored and slightly depressed, went a little bit over calories, then said "may as well go all in tonight and start over tomorrow". I know that's a bad strategy, but in the moment it makes sense. Frustrating. I can get myself to work out consistently, but abstaining from something - especially an entrenched habit like boredom eating - is way tougher for me.
dolan
Goal: overcome dating anxiety

Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:24 pm

Adam wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:36 pm
19 days to goal deadline (170.0 lbs)
Today's Weight: 174.4

I ate poorly on Saturday night again this weekend. Same thing that normally happens. Too much free time, got bored and slightly depressed, went a little bit over calories, then said "may as well go all in tonight and start over tomorrow". I know that's a bad strategy, but in the moment it makes sense. Frustrating. I can get myself to work out consistently, but abstaining from something - especially an entrenched habit like boredom eating - is way tougher for me.
Don't feel too bad about single instances of eating above your goal (if cutting) or below your goal (if bulking). If cheat days help you get through the week, then it's worth taking them so long as you're able to increase your deficit for the other days of the week to make up for it.
Adam

Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:52 pm

18 days to goal deadline (170.0 lbs)
Today's Weight: 172.2

Yesterday Recap:
1602 calories. Strong day. Ate a small lunch, went to BJJ after work, messaged a few girls on the apps, then went to bed on time. Got enough protein, ate 'till I was full, and calories were still low for the day. I mixed myself some BCAAs for a drink right after lunch. That was enough to satisfy my cravings for sweets.

I'm trying out Andy's messaging templates. I'm still very uncomfortable calling a girl sexy right off the bat and have downgraded to "very cute" for several of my matches. I'll keep trying it though.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:04 pm

17 days to goal deadline (170.0 lbs)
Today's Weight: 172.4

Yesterday Recap:
1852 calories. Yesterday was tough. After work, I felt really depressed and just wanted to lay around, play video games, and eat sugar. I really didn't want to go to the gym. I decided to go in order to keep the habit going. I told myself that I just had to go and do my warm-up, and then I could leave if I still wanted to. I did that and then still didn't want to work out, so I went home. Though I didn't work out, just going improved my mood so I was able to eat well for the rest of the night.

I think I put myself in a bad mood by spending too much time scrolling twitter during non-busy times at work. I need to replace that with something else. Maybe read these forums instead or get up and take a short walk.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:08 pm

Adam wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:04 pm
I think I put myself in a bad mood by spending too much time scrolling twitter during non-busy times at work. I need to replace that with something else. Maybe read these forums instead or get up and take a short walk.
Why not install Kindle on your phone and read 1-2 short pages instead of Twitter?
Adam

Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:23 pm

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:08 pm
Why not install Kindle on your phone and read 1-2 short pages instead of Twitter?
Installed. Thanks for the recommendation.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am

You might like this book:

Combo of business, mindset and dating advice. Super easy to read and has volumes 2 and 3 in case you want moar.
Adam

Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:56 pm

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:36 am
You might like this book:
The picture doesn't display for me. What's the name of it?
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs