Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Today's weight: 171.0

Yesterday's Goals:
Diet: X. Some fruit. No junk
Bedtime: Success. 12:00

Days since last binge: 6
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:58 pm

Today's weight: 171.6

Yesterday's Goals:
Diet: X. Some fruit. No junk
Bedtime: Success. 12:00

Days since last binge: 7
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:34 pm

Weekly update on goals:
Last week's average weight = 171.7
This week's average weight = 170.5

No Sugar: 3/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
NoFap: 6/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
Bedtime: 4/7 days (aiming for 6/7)
Meditate: 7/7 days (aiming for 7/7)

ACTION I took this week:

I did my first ever cold approach on Saturday! I was inspired by @Ed_'s progress. Seeing how he started with just giving girls compliments and then upgraded to asking if they were single and asking for their number, I thought I'd try the same thing. I drove into the city and walked around for about an hour and a half. Took me an hour to finally do it, but I walked up to a cute Asian girl who was unlocking her bike and gave the compliment from one of Andy's articles “Hey, I know this is random, but you're cute and I wanted to say hello.” She just said “oh thank you” and turned back to her bike and I wished her a good day and left, but I did it! I know it's not a full cold-approach, but it's more than I've ever done before. I did one more while I was still a little high from the relief of finally doing it. This girl blushed and giggled as she said “thank you”. I laughed a little too as I wished her a good day. I know that Andy always says that nothing bad will happen from talking to girls, but it's still feels unreal to me that their reactions were so chill and the interaction wasn't weird.
Now that I know I can do this, I'm excited to keep doing it. I finally fucking did it. A small first step, but a first step nonetheless.

Other than that: I got Tinder Gold and bought some boosts. Had one date on Friday that went nowhere and I've got another one scheduled for today. I got and read @Radical's style guide, took my measurements, and ordered the mandatory items plus a few extras on Amazon. I have a few items in my closet already that fit the bill, but I've never tried some of the combinations in the guide. I always went with a upper/lower contrast and never tried all black or black with light outerwear
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm

Adam wrote:
I know it's not a full cold-approach,
Why it's not a full cold-approach? You approached and she left but if she stayed, you could chit chat. It's an approach in my book. Give yourself some props my man.
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:46 pm

Nice work man.

It usually took me about 80 or so reps to make the anxiety around a particular situation go away.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Adam

Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:31 pm

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:16 pm
Adam wrote:
I know it's not a full cold-approach,
Why it's not a full cold-approach? You approached and she left but if she stayed, you could chit chat. It's an approach in my book. Give yourself some props my man.
Thanks man. I don't count it as a full approach because my plan going in was just to give the compliment and then bail. That's what I did with the second girl too. I'm definitely psyched to have done that much.
Manganiello wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:46 pm
Nice work man.

It usually took me about 80 or so reps to make the anxiety around a particular situation go away.
Thanks Manganiello! Your log has been an inspiration as well.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:02 pm

Weekly update on goals:
Last week's average weight = 170.5
This week's average weight = 171.3

No Sugar: 2/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
NoFap: 5/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
Bedtime: 0/7 days (aiming for 6/7)
Meditate: 6/7 days (aiming for 7/7)

Days since last binge: 21

ACTION I took this week:

No Approaches this week, but I struck up a conversation with a cute girl at my local coffee shop, got her number, and set up a date for this coming week. I was doing some work at one of the tables and she was studying at another so I asked her what she was up to, had a good conversation, then grabbed her number as she was on her way out. First time doing that for me. I felt a little nervous asking for her number, but nothing overwhelming.

I broke a long dry spell with a girl from Bumble on Sunday. Invited her back to my place after grabbing coffee and walking around for an hour and she was totally down. That was my first time inviting a girl back to my place on the first date so having her be into it and into me felt really validating.

Other than that: I returned some clothes and bought some new ones so now I have a few good "player" outfits that fit me. I had one Tinder date scheduled for Friday that flaked. So far I've got two set up for this week. A Tinder girl tomorrow and coffee-shop girl on Tuesday. My daily habits weren't great this week which is reflected in my average weight for the week.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:08 pm

Good fucking job dude.
Adam

Sun May 02, 2021 6:51 pm

I'm so freaking psyched right now. I walked up to my local coffee shop to do some work and on the way I saw a super-hot girl in a cute black dress sitting outside an art shop. Thought about approaching her, kept on walking, then stopped, told myself I'd at least walk past her and if I couldn't muster the courage to say hi, at least I'd have made an attempt. Before I could think about it too much, I walked up and said "excuse me, this is random but you're cute and I wanted to say hi". She had a great reaction. Giggled and said thanks. I asked what she was up to and talked for like 30 seconds before she asked if I wanted her number. We exchanged numbers and I wished her well before resuming my walk.

Shit, I can't believe I did that and it worked. I'll try to set up a date, but even if nothing comes of this I'm so glad I said hi to her. I feel freaking invincible. For so long I've wanted to do that and never believed I'd have the courage for it.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Weekly update on goals:
Last week's average weight = 171.3
This week's average weight = 169.9

NoFap: 5/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
Bedtime: 3/7 days (aiming for 6/7)
Meditate: 6/7 days (aiming for 7/7)

Days since last binge: 28

ACTION I took this week:

Had three dates throughout the week. Two girls from Tinder and one with Coffee-shop girl. Nothing came from any of them. First Tinder girl didn't look like her pictures. I had a drink with her and then ended it after 45 minutes. 2nd Tinder girl was nice, but we didn't want the same thing. She said she'd want sexual exclusivity for fear of STDs. I don't want that right now so we ended the date after that conversation. Coffee-shop girl: she was nice but I felt like we didn't connect on anything on our date conversation. We kind of just moved from first-date topic to first-date topic without finding much to branch off on. And at one point she asked who I voted for and was taken aback when I answered honestly. I didn't try asking her back to my place.

Went to a nearby University campus three times this week and walked around to get exercise, check out girls, and think about approaching. Told myself I didn't have to do any approaches. On the third trip (Saturday), I walked up to one girl who was reading by herself and gave the usual compliment. She seemed surprised and asked me to repeat myself. When I did she just stared and said "ok". I ejected and wished her a nice day to which I got another "ok". That felt a little bad and I went back home to recharge myself with some video games.

Did one more approach today which went great and I got my first ever cold-approach number! Details in previous post. No dates set up for this week yet. Forgot to boost Tinder last night but still have a few matches I can message.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
enjoyablehat
Name: George
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Consistency is key

Wed May 05, 2021 9:08 am

Great work man let's fucking go
Current Goals:
Get a new job
Fix Sleep
Stay consistent with eating and improve health habits
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Congrats man! Inspiring stuff seeing you be able to think about approaching and then actually committing to it and getting a number.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
Adam

Sun May 09, 2021 3:15 pm

Toast wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 4:02 pm
Congrats man! Inspiring stuff seeing you be able to think about approaching and then actually committing to it and getting a number.
Thanks! I would never have done it had I not found so many examples here of other guys struggling through the early stages and finding success.
KillYourInnerLoser wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 8:26 pm
Good job on the number. Keep it up.
Thank you Andy. Will do.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun May 09, 2021 3:38 pm

Weekly update on goals:
Last week's average weight = 169.9
This week's average weight = 169.8

NoFap: 3/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
Bedtime: 2/7 days (aiming for 6/7)
Meditate: 4/7 days (aiming for 7/7)

Days since last binge: 35

ACTION I took this week:

No dates this week. Messaged a bunch of girls but didn't have any luck. For next week: I have one date scheduled for Tuesday and a maybe for Monday. I boosted twice last night and got a bunch of so-so likes.

Approaches: Just one this week. A cute blonde who lingered on the sidewalk outside of the coffee shop where I was working. She thanked me and said it was so nice, but immediately started moving away. Don't know if she was spooked or just in a hurry. I stayed where I was and let her walk away. It didn't bother me that she moved away. I wasn't in my head about it.

Obviously one or two approaches a week isn't going to get me results. A few things I've noticed: Of the local areas I can get to quickly, the nearby University campus is by far the best place to approach girls. Center City Philadelphia is decent but it's 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic. The suburb I live in doesn't afford me many opportunities. And I'm very scared of approaching on the University campus. I know that nothing bad is likely to happen, but I feel weird being a 33-year-old guy walking around a University campus talking to 18-21 year old girls. I should probably just push through and approach anyway and start making plans to move.

Habits weren't great this week. Need to get to bed on-time so it's easier to stick to my diet.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun May 16, 2021 4:31 pm

Weekly update on goals:
Last week's average weight = 169.8
This week's average weight = 168.1

No Sugar: 4/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
NoFap: 4/7 days (aiming for 5/7)
Bedtime: 3/7 days (aiming for 6/7)
Meditate: 477 days (aiming for 7/7)

Days since last binge: 42

ACTION I took this week:

Dates: Three Tinder/Hinge dates this week. In all of them the girls were fatter than they appeared in their pics. Bummer. The last girl I met on Friday was a cool person and I liked talking with her, so I'll see if she wants to be friends.

Approaches: Three direct approaches. One indirect. First direct one was on the nearby University Campus. The girl said she was on her way to write a paper due tomorrow, so I didn't try to engage her in much conversation and asked for her number quickly. She gave it but didn't respond when I texted. The next two were local. Each was sitting outside the coffee shop where I take my laptop for work. First was engaged, second was married. :(
Indirect approach: I took a walk before my Wednesday date and saw a hot Latina walking her dog. I asked if I could pet her dog and then struck up a conversation. She was super-friendly and asked me a lot of questions to keep the conversation going before I told her I had to run and asked for her number. She was busy this weekend but seemed interested in a date. I pinged her again today to see if she's free this week, so we'll see.

Something I've noticed: I tend to make negative assumptions about my interactions with women if they aren't super-friendly. When I talked to the woman who was engaged this week, she told me that "this is very sweet", but my automatic thought was "she's probably just being nice but is actually creeped out". There's nothing about the situation that justifies that assumption, but nonetheless that was my kneejerk response. Intellectually, I can accept that lots of women love being approached and get a little ego boost out of it, but deep down I find it hard to believe.

Habits were better this week. Started a WhatsApp accountability group with a few other guys on here who are trying to lose fat.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs