Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:38 pm

List of things to do in the next few weeks. I'll check these off as I get to them and also probably add to the list when I think of additional things. Just writing them down here so I have a central location I can look back on for things I need to do.

Buy some good summer clothes. It's 80 - 90 degrees most days so I don't want to walk around in black jeans.
Get a tattoo
Furnish Apartment
Get new Tinder Pics
  • Street Pic - Go out with Bill so we can each take some good street pics for each other
  • BJJ Pic - Bring my camera to open mat and get several pictures with a few of my buddies
  • Casual Friends Pic
  • New Swing Dance Pic
  • Gym Photo - Wear decent gym clothes and have someone take some pics while I deadlift
  • Dog Pic - I'll visit my parents over 4th of July Weekend so I'll take a few pictures with their dog while I'm home.
  • Travel Pic - Take one at 30th street station next time I visit parents
  • Physique Pic - After the cut, get a shirtless pic with boxing gloves at my MMA gym
New Haircut
Reset Tinder profile with my age set lower

Buy a new black hoodie before winter
Last edited by Adam on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:03 pm

Monday 6/13 Update:

1 hour gym workout
3190 calories (3140 target)
Set up new furniture in apartment
Cooked food for the week
Rescheduled a date for Thursday with a girl who cancelled on me Sunday night

Plan for today is BJJ, schedule a haircut, message new matches on Tinder, set up more furniture in apartment.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:06 am

Tuesday 6/14 Update

Went to BJJ in the evening
2567 calories (2500 target)
Messaged Tinder matches. Got two numbers - waiting on responses to set up dates.
Scheduled a haircut for Saturday
Planned a photo shoot with TerranBill for Saturday

Pretty busy day. Work has been active with lots of presentations for big customers.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:45 pm

Wednesday 6/15 Update

Went to the gym after work
Tinder Date after gym
3143 calories (3140 target)
Set up another Tinder Date for next Monday. (I know setting up dates several days in advance increases flake chance, but she wasn't available over the weekend)

Another busy day at work, then a busy evening with gym + Tinder date. I'm going to look for a closer gym this week. Right now I'm driving 20 minutes to the gym and I'd prefer to cut that drive down to give me some extra time in the evening.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:25 am

LETS GOOOOOOOO

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam

Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Thursday and Friday Update:

Hit the gym both days
Hit calorie targets both days
Got and set up some more furniture. The place now has enough to bring company over.
Ordered some new clothes online
Set up another Tinder Date for Sunday.

The girl scheduled for Thursday cancelled on me again. That's two cancellations so I'm done with her.
Felt some pain in my knee during squats on Friday so I stopped squatting. The rest of the leg exercises felt fine but I'm going to be careful with that knee for the next few days.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:15 am

Saturday 6/18 Update

Gym in the morning
3070 calories (3140 target)
Bought Groceries for the week
Took Tinder Pics with TerranBill
Adam

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:59 pm

Sunday 6/19 Update:

Rest day. 2209 calories (2500 target)
Cooked food for the week
Tinder Date (short story below)

I've had some Tinder dates in the past where the girl was a bit fatter than in her pictures but none where the difference was so big I thought of it as a catfish. This one did. The girl looked nothing like her pictures. When she showed up I was shocked and immediately wanted to leave. I tend to be pretty polite and am averse to being rude or hurting people's feelings, so part of me was saying "just get one drink and leave after an hour" but I knew I didn't want to be there and that I'd resent her for the whole hour. I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom to psyche myself up a bit, but when I came back I told her I just wasn't feeling it and that I was going to leave. She asked why and I told her I didn't think her pictures looked like her. I felt a bit sorry for her, but I know it was the honest thing to do and I saved myself an hour of resentment. And she didn't react badly when I told her that, so it should be easier for me to do if I find myself in that situation again.
Adam

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm

Haven't been posting here much since I got coaching with Andy and I've been posting on the Facebook group. Things are going well though.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Spider Jerusalem
Name: Spider
Goal: Get Big. Get Dangerous.
Motto: YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:25 pm

Adam wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm
Haven't been posting here much since I got coaching with Andy and I've been posting on the Facebook group. Things are going well though.
Glad to hear things are going well for you

Spider
Adam

Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:17 pm

I've been posting every day in the Facebook group but want to keep posting here as well. A few things:

Physique feedback from Andy is to focus on fat loss right now. I experimented with bulking for a few months, but I definitely put on too much fat. I had a convo with my online trainer about how staying lean is the most important thing for me going forward and that I'm ok with muscle gain taking twice as long as long as I look good the whole time. I'm at 178 lbs right now.

I'm trying to do some cold approach. I've been going out for an hour and a half most days just walking around to try to talk to girls. Last Friday I did my first approach in about a year and told a girl she was cute. Got a blow off but no big deal. I'll keep going out this week.

Took some new Tinder pics and improved my profile. Also got Tinder platinum. I've gone on a few dates since moving - wasn't into any of the girls but one (who wasn't interested in me - so it goes). I lowered my age range in the apps so I'll match with more of the girls that I'm actually into.

Also experimenting with how I tell girls what I'm looking for. I've done the "I'm not looking for anything super-serious" line in the past, but that isn't really true for me anymore. I do want a GF eventually, just want to date non-exclusively for a while as I look for a girl who's a good match. Andy's advised me to just have that conversation on the first date.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:29 pm

Update for last week:

Average weight is down half a lb from last week. Average for the week is about 177.0. I've been crushing the steps and workouts but I think the calories need to come down a bit more.

I cold-approached 3 girls this week. That's the most I've done in a week. Got two numbers out of it and have a date scheduled for Wednesday with one of the girls. We'll see how that goes.

Today's weight: 177.6

Goals for this week:
  • Stay under my calorie target each day
  • Hit the gym 4 times
  • Average at least 10K steps each day for the week. No days under 5K steps
  • Go on at least 2 dates
  • Cold Approach: Hit whatever number Andy gives me to shoot for but AT LEAST 1 for the week.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:17 pm

Update for this week:

Weight:
Mon: 177.6
Tue: 176.8
Wed: 176.4
Thurs: 176.2
Fri: 175.4
Sat: 176.4
Sun: 176.2

Avg Weight for the week: 176.4

I stayed under my calorie targets every day except Friday when I went 180 calories over. Since I've been approaching every day I've gotten over 10K steps every day and hit all 4 workouts this week. I actually got an extra one in this morning since I had time.

Dating:

I cold-approached 5 girls so far this week. Andy set me a goal of 7 for the week so I will try to get two more before I meet with Andy on Monday evening. I'm finding it pretty fun. I have not gotten any numbers so far this week but all the girls have been nice and most seemed to genuinely appreciate the compliment.

Had 3 dates so far this week with one more tonight. I met with the two girls whose numbers I got from cold approach last week. First girl I was attracted to and she was attracted to me as well, but I told her I don't want anything exclusive and she wasn't down for that. Other girl I realized I wasn't that attracted to her so I didn't invite her back or set up a second date. 3rd date was off Bumble and was a catfish. Girl was way fatter than her pictures. I left the date after half an hour. One more date scheduled for tonight with a girl off of Hinge.

Pushed my meeting with my accountability partner back to Monday so I'll set goals for the coming week after I meet with him.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:05 am

Update: Talked to two girls on Sunday and then two more today before meeting with Andy in the evening, so that makes 9 approaches for the week.

Goals for this week:
  • 4 gym sessions
  • Stay under calorie targets
  • One BJJ session
  • Talk to 10 girls
  • Do one indoor approach (Shopping Mall, Grocery Store, Bookstore)
  • Talk about my dating goals and sex on dates
  • Go on at least 2 dates
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:06 pm

Update for this week:

Fitness
Mon: 175.8 lbs
Tue: 174.8
Wed: 175.8
Thurs: 175.4
Fri: 175
Sat: 174.2
Sun: 174.4

Avg Weight for the week: 175.05 (down 1.35 lbs from last week)

I went slightly over calories on Tuesday and Wednesday due to feeling a bit sorry for myself, then went slightly under on Friday and Saturday. Hit all 4 workouts. I've gotten well over 10K steps every day this week and did 22K yesterday. Also did BJJ on Saturday so definitely a good week on the Fitness front.

Dating:
I've approached 8 girls so far this week. I'm going to go out in half an hour to get a few more. Of those approaches, one led to an insta-date and one led to a responsive number which led to a coffee date earlier today. I've had 4 dates so far this week with one more scheduled tonight at 8. 3 dates from OLD, 2 from cold-approach.

How did I do with my goals?
  • 4 gym sessions - 4/4.
  • Stay under calorie targets - 5/7 - went over two days but also went under 2 days so I'm happy overall.
  • One BJJ session - Done. Went on Saturday.
  • Talk to 10 girls - 8/10 so far. I'll try to get the last two today or Monday before I meet with Andy.
  • Do one indoor approach (Shopping Mall, Grocery Store, Bookstore) - Done. I did one in a grocery store yesterday.
  • Talk about my dating goals and sex on dates - 2/4. I talked about my dating goals on one date and talked about sex with the girl on a different date. I'll try to be more consistent with this. I invited 3 of the 4 girls back to my apartment though which I'm happy about.
  • Go on at least 2 dates - Crushed this one this week. Had 4 dates so far with another tonight.
@Radical Is there a way to move this topic to the Hidden from Google section? If not I can start a separate log in that section for stories from dates/approaches.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs