Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:19 am

Morning Weight: 166.8
Calories: 1931
Exercise: 10K Steps. Skipped BJJ because I was really gassy and didn't want to fart on my rolling partners. To avoid that in the future I need to make my lunches lower-carb. Fruit during the day seems to make me super gassy in the evening.
Read half a chapter of "The Slight Edge"
Used all my swipes for the day on Tinder and Bumble. Set up a date for this coming Tuesday.
Called my dad and caught up with him for about 20 minutes while taking my evening walk.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:14 am

Morning Weight: 165.6
Calories: 1740
Exercise: 10K Steps + Gym.
Used all my swipes for the day on Tinder and Bumble.

I listened to some Jordan Peterson today and it got me thinking about whether I'll want to get married and have kids at some point. I'm 33 right now, which isn't old-old, but it's old enough to think about whether I want to get married and plan accordingly. If I do get married, I'll want to do it before I'm 40. I suspect I'll still be able to attract girls in their 20s up through that point and find a woman to marry and have kids with. Maybe I can do it even past 40, but I'd want to see some examples of non-rich guys who have done that. For now, this should serve as an extra bit of motivation for me to lose weight, optimize my tinder profile, learn to talk to girls, etc. because I want to date a bunch of girls and find the best girl I possibly can before I settle down. And to do that I need to be the most attractive guy I can be.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:47 am

Calories: 1745
Exercise: 10K Steps
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:49 am

Morning Weight: 164.6
Calories: 2319
Exercise: 10K Steps + BJJ in the morning

I learned today that sweet black cherries give me horrible gas. It's a shame since they're delicious, but if I ever want to eat them again it has to be on a day where I don't have jiu-jitsu or have any dates lined up because I don't want to subject anyone to that torture.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:39 am

Weekly Recap:
Starting Weight: 168.0
Ending Weight: 164.6
Average Weight: 166.5
Average Daily Calories: 1883

Average steps/day: 9.57 K
Lights out by Midnight: 7/7 days
Read a Self-Improvement book: 6/7 days
Dates: 1 Flake
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:42 am

Morning Weight: 165.8 - Starting Weight for this week
Calories: about 1800. Didn't count
Exercise: 10K Steps + Gym

Dad's Birthday was this weekend. My siblings and I took both our parents out to a local Thai restaurant. We usually don't do presents for the parent's birthdays but I recently visited one of my Dad's favorite breweries so I bought him a pack of Scottish Ale while I was there. It was a nice night and good end to the weekend.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:16 am

Morning Weight: 166.8
Calories: 2283
Used all my swipes for the day on Tinder and Bumble. Messaged all my matches.

Got stressed today at work and overate as a way of dealing with the stress. Not a good way of dealing with that. Tonight I booked a call with a potential online fitness coach to keep me more consistent with the diet.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:12 am

Morning Weight: 166.2
Calories: 1917
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:18 am

Calories: 1293
Exercise: 5K Steps + BJJ
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:49 am

Morning Weight: 164.0
Calories: 2066
Exercise: 3.5K Steps

Woke up sick and low energy today. I stirred myself to take a short walk but everything felt sore so I didn't go for long. It feels like a flu. Just general soreness and low energy. I'll get to bed early tonight and if it's still bad tomorrow I'll see if I can take the day off and have a long weekend to recover.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Friday 11/12

Morning Weight: 162.0
Calories: BINGE
Exercise: 3.5K Steps
No Reading
No Tinder or Bumble

I binged on crap food yesterday evening. No excuses. I know that this is the behavior I really need to stop to hit my goal. I'm ashamed that I'm still doing this almost a year after declaring my goal. I'm still engaging in this super-self-sabotage. I can afford days where I go a little over my calorie limit. I can afford days where I'm in a slight surplus. But these binges are such momentum killers. And spirit-killers. I remember enjoyable-hat posting in this log several months ago about addiction and binge-eating. And I had a nice long streak without binging, but here I am doing it again. I'm a few pounds lighter than I was back then, but only a few. It does make me question myself: Do I really WANT abs, or is it just "nice to have". And if I really WANT them, then I'll do whatever it takes to get them.

I'm sorry for not taking myself totally seriously. And sorry for ghosting this forum in the past when I've fucked up. I'm off to take a long walk and consider how to break the binge habit.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:24 pm

I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. You failed, which is fine. But the important thing is that you learn from your failure and act accordingly.

I also struggle with binging. Here are some things I think might be helpful -

1) Noticing. Throughout the day, notice when you get a craving to eat. Try to determine if it is physically driven or emotionally driven. This is a skill you can put effort into and improve in. Once you can notice and differentiate, it will be far easier to actually affect change.

2) Meditate. When you meditate, you run into all sorts of temptations - my back hurts, my nose itches, I'm thirsty. Then, you notice them, and do nothing. You notice that these feelings eventually recede as you continue to sit. I think this is a good way to practice resisting the urge to binge.

3) Can you afford to just pay someone to keep you accountable? You're basically bodybuilding - why not pay a bodybuilding coach to keep you accountable?
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am

Because you care, you will get this shit sorted.

It will come together Adam.

The healthier you get, the more leptin sensitive you are, the less cravings are a thing. These days I often can't actually be bothered to eat and feel just fine. No cravings really for me these days.

When I was a 250lbs beast, obese mess, fuck me it was all over the place.

Don't stress it, keep getting all your hormones balanced, stick to the diet and you will get healthier, kill cravings, and get to your ideal body.

IMO it's about nurturing our body and mind and keeping ourselves healthy in this process. Stressing it a lot is what I have a bad habit of doing and it just breaks your body down and makes it all harder.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:36 pm

Read this:

One of the few, non-gay books about binge-eating.

What's your meal structure like?
Adam

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:12 am

Svadhishthana wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 6:24 pm
I wouldn't beat yourself up too much. You failed, which is fine. But the important thing is that you learn from your failure and act accordingly.

I also struggle with binging. Here are some things I think might be helpful -

1) Noticing. Throughout the day, notice when you get a craving to eat. Try to determine if it is physically driven or emotionally driven. This is a skill you can put effort into and improve in. Once you can notice and differentiate, it will be far easier to actually affect change.

2) Meditate. When you meditate, you run into all sorts of temptations - my back hurts, my nose itches, I'm thirsty. Then, you notice them, and do nothing. You notice that these feelings eventually recede as you continue to sit. I think this is a good way to practice resisting the urge to binge.

3) Can you afford to just pay someone to keep you accountable? You're basically bodybuilding - why not pay a bodybuilding coach to keep you accountable?
Thanks for the tips and encouragement. I used to meditate each morning but slowly skipped until I stopped. As for paying a coach - Yes, definitely. I'm looking for one right now. I talked to a coach on Friday, but they're more hands-off than I want. I want the daily check-in. I will post in here once I find a coach.
MakingAComeback wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:23 am
when I was a 250lbs beast, obese mess, fuck me it was all over the place.

Don't stress it, keep getting all your hormones balanced, stick to the diet and you will get healthier, kill cravings, and get to your ideal body.

IMO it's about nurturing our body and mind and keeping ourselves healthy in this process. Stressing it a lot is what I have a bad habit of doing and it just breaks your body down and makes it all harder.

Thanks Mac. Your progress has been awesome to see. Your jawline looks sharp as hell in that new profile pic.
Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:36 pm
Read this:

One of the few, non-gay books about binge-eating.

What's your meal structure like?
The book didn't post. Andy obviously only approves of gay books. My meal structure is usually a small lunch between noon and 1, some fruit after work, then a bigger dinner around 7. Closer to 9 on BJJ nights. My normal food is chicken, beef, vegetables that I cook myself. When I binge on junk, it's almost always in the late evening and usually on a Friday or Saturday when I'm inside with nothing social scheduled for the night. I think boredom is the main trigger, and at the time food seems a more appealing way to alleviate the boredom than pushing myself to exercise or call someone.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs