Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:35 pm

Adam wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:19 pm
The workouts he's got me doing will also be longer than the ones I've been doing. More machine stuff in addition to the standard DL/Squat/Bench/OHP. I'll have to move my schedule around a little to make time for the longer workouts, and to be honest I'm a little anxious about having time to fit everything into my schedule. But plenty of guys have made this work before me. I'll figure it out. Maybe I can move my gym sessions to noon when there's fewer people there since I work from home
What's the rationale behind longer workouts? What is your trainer's training philosophy? What made you choose him over other options?
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 pm

Friday 1/21/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.6 lbs
10K Steps: 11K
Gym: Check
Stretch: Yes
Calories: 2222

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Yes

Good day yesterday. Hit the gym after work. Talked to the trainer to change up the workouts to be more in-line with what I was doing before (and shorter). I think I defaulted to just "listening to the trainer" and not asking questions or raising objections. Silly as it sounds, PancakeMouse's questions reminded me that I'm "allowed" to push back and come up with a program that will work for me long term. Anyway, my purpose in hiring this guy was mostly for accountability to stay consistent with my diet and not because I thought I needed major changes to my exercise and workout schedule.

Nothing much else to report from yesterday. I've got a few fun events planned for the rest of the weekend.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm

SOLID EFFORT KING

Adam, keep going.

Tell us about your work on binging - did you check out Crisis' book recommendation? Did you have a session with that coach? What is the plan of attack here?

You can do it Adam, this year has been started the right way and this is good work.

It'll come together.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:13 pm

Saturday 1/22/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.4 lbs
Calories: 2165

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Just Tinder

Really good day yesterday. Hit the gym in the morning, had a very nice coffee date with the 20yo girl from Tinder. We met near her place and I didn't plan to try pulling her back to either of our places on the first date. I'll invite her out near my place next time. She's a very sweet girl. Nice conversation, seems like a good person, clearly wants to hang out again ("you should teach me to swing dance next time"). And cute. That date boosted my mood for the remainder of the day.

Met with my family in the evening and did axe throwing (my first time doing it), then went out for dinner. I went with a fairly healthy pot roast meal. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, root veggies.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:20 pm

Weekly Check-In:
Last Week's Starting Weight: 167.6
Last Week's Ending Weight: 168.6
Last Week's Average Weight: 166.7

This Week's Starting Weight: 168.6
This Week's Ending Weight: 167.4
This Week's Average Weight: 167.1
Average Calories/day: 2034
Days since last binge: 60

Clearly my calories were a little high this week. Simple fix. I think I need the average to be around 1800 per day to lose fat consistently. Still pretty happy with this week. I didn't go crazy on Friday or Saturday, and actually went to bed at a good time every day all week. No staying up late on Friday or Saturday just because it's the weekend and that's what I've traditionally done on the weekends.

Workouts have been super-consistent. Having David Goggin's audiobook in your ear helps to push a little extra on each exercise.

Finally got some medical-strength freeze spray and froze the shit out of the warts on my feet. I've got a huge blister on the side of my left foot but once it goes down I think I'm good to go back to jiu-jitsu.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Spider Jerusalem
Name: Spider
Goal: Get Big. Get Dangerous.
Motto: YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm

Adam wrote:

Finally got some medical-strength freeze spray and froze the shit out of the warts on my feet. I've got a huge blister on the side of my left foot but once it goes down I think I'm good to go back to jiu-jitsu.
@Adam

I'm currently working on a wart on my thumb at the minute which I've had for many years. I've tried the freeze spray, but think it's too large and it's not strong enough the stuff you get from the chemist (in this country anyway as medicines are heavily regulated).

Currently hammering away at it with prescription-strength salicylic acid morning and night, plasters on in-between so it sinks in and a nail file to gradually work through the layers.

Does make me get a bit self-conscious, but it's good to see someone else talk about a similar issue openly on the forums so thank you for this.

Spider 🕷
Adam

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:31 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:47 pm
SOLID EFFORT KING

Adam, keep going.

Tell us about your work on binging - did you check out Crisis' book recommendation? Did you have a session with that coach? What is the plan of attack here?

You can do it Adam, this year has been started the right way and this is good work.

It'll come together.

MAC
Thanks MAC. In regard to binging: Yes, I read the book that @Crisis_Overcomer mentioned. Agreed, one of the few not-gay materials I've seen on this subject. I read through the book, took notes, then compared it to the method from that coach I mentioned much earlier in my log. They are almost opposite methods and philosophies. The coach I was looking at was very against food rules or calorie counting of any kind. It was all about eating what you want, but being mindful while eating so you don't slip into that binge mode where you just want more and more and more to escape the unpleasant feelings that come from binging. I resonated with a lot of what the coach said, but other parts weren't relevant at all to my situation.

I messaged back and forth with the coach a few times, but decided that I didn't want to use their method since losing fat is still really important to me and I want to be able to track that, not just "let my body find its natural set point".

I should re-read "Never Binge Again". I'm feeling a little complacent since it's been 60 days since I binged, but I know that weasel is still inside me hoping for another binge.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:34 pm

Spider Jerusalem wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:30 pm
Adam wrote:

@Adam

I'm currently working on a wart on my thumb at the minute which I've had for many years. I've tried the freeze spray, but think it's too large and it's not strong enough the stuff you get from the chemist (in this country anyway as medicines are heavily regulated).

Currently hammering away at it with prescription-strength salicylic acid morning and night, plasters on in-between so it sinks in and a nail file to gradually work through the layers.

Does make me get a bit self-conscious, but it's good to see someone else talk about a similar issue openly on the forums so thank you for this.

Spider 🕷
Yeah those buggers are really annoying and can sometimes resist treatment and hold on forever. For me, the acid has never worked by itself. I've always had to combine it with other methods (or just go to the dermo and have him cut it off). What I've found the most success with is using the acid to get rid of as much of the excess skin as possible, THEN freeze it.

I never used to have trouble with warts. I think I started getting them from jiu-jitsu. I do love bjj, but if I keep getting them as often as I currently am, I might just switch to Muay Thai and ditch grappling.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Understood. Glad to hear it.

All looking good. Keep going.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:49 pm

Nice work on the date. Yeah no bars for her. I'm wondering what the best dates are for younger girls. But anyway nice work keep it up
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Adam

Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 pm

Sunday 1/23/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.4 lbs
Stretch: No
Calories: 2096

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Check

Bit of a lazy day yesterday other than exercise. Hit the gym in the morning, got my steps, then spent most of the rest of the day cooking food for the week and watching Cobra Kai. Actually forgot to stretch because my bedroom ceiling suddenly started leaking so I had to deal with that. Apparently there's something wrong with the shower of the person who lives above me. I sent the landlord an urgent email about it. Thankfully the leak was over a fairly empty section of floor so neither my bed nor anything else important got wet.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:35 pm

Monday 1/24/22 Recap:

Fitness:
10K Steps: 10K
Gym: 40 minutes of Elliptical
Calories: 2049

Dating:

Good day yesterday. Matched with a girl on Bumble in the afternoon and quickly set up a date for the evening. Went to the gym right after work for a cardio session, ate some dinner, then met her at a bar for a drink. She was nice, but I wasn't that attracted to her and we didn't really click in our conversation, so I didn't try to go to either of our places. I went back home, got the rest of my steps for the day, stretched, then got ready for bed.

My foot still has a big blister from freezing the wart. I hope it goes down soon. I want to get back to jiu-jitsu. Way more fun than cardio sessions at the gym.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:15 pm

Tuesday 1/25/22 Recap:

Fitness:
10K Steps: 10K
Calories: 2108

Dating:

Not much to report from yesterday. A bit of a lazy day. Hit the gym, got my steps, stretched, then was a bit lazy the rest of the night. Today I plan to schedule another trip to a different city to check it out for a potential move.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Wednesday 1/26/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.0 lbs
10K Steps: Check
Calories: 2149

Dating:

Normal day yesterday. Work, gym, walking, stretch before bed. I watched a little more Netflix than I want to yesterday. I'd like to just watch TV while I'm eating dinner so I have time for an hour or of self-improvement reading.

New Workouts are going well. They only take about 40-60 minutes and I'm doing them 4 times a week with cardio on off days.

2nd date with 20yo Tinder girl scheduled for Saturday night. Gonna grab some Mexican food
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:32 pm

Thursday 1/27/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 165.8 lbs
Gym: 40 minutes of Elliptical
Calories: 2117

Dating:
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs