Adam's Self-Improvement Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:48 pm

Friday 1/28/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.8 lbs
10K Steps: 10K
Gym: Check
Stretch: Yes
Calories: 2124

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Check

Saturday 1/29/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 166.2 lbs
Gym: Rest Day
Calories: 2940

Dating:
Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: Just Tinder

20yo girl cancelled on me for Saturday night citing food poisoning, but immediately suggested another day during the week. So I've got a date for Wednesday night.

I was really lazy on Saturday. I've been sleeping well but for some reason I just had no energy yesterday. I think part of it was that we got a lot of snow and it was cold as balls, so just going outside took more effort than usual. Anyway: I still got my steps in for the day, but didn't do anything else. I planned to eat more calories than usual on Saturday as a "refeed" day, but I went a little over the planned calories for the day. When I'm lazy and bored, I tend to eat more. Didn't binge, thankfully.

I played two hours of a video game last night. I had a strong craving and realized that I still had my steam installation file in my downloads folder. Afterwards I re-uninstalled Steam, deleted those files, and emptied my recycling bin so that I won't be able to use that method next time I want to play. It's a relapse, but a small one and it didn't leave to me binging on food like it has in the past.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Adam

Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:27 am

Weekly Check-In:
Last Week's Starting Weight: 168.6
Last Week's Ending Weight: 167.4
Last Week's Average Weight: 167.1

This Week's Starting Weight: 167.8
This Week's Ending Weight: 167.6
This Week's Average Weight: 166.7
Average Calories/day: 2226
Days since last binge: 67

Pretty good week. I was consistent with exercise all week and consistent with Diet every day but Saturday. And even then I only went a little over my planned calories. I’ve talked to my trainer and we’re going to drop the calories further. According to most calorie calculators, I should be losing weight on my current plan, but I’m not. I don’t know if I have a slow metabolism or what, but it seems like I need to be at about 18-19K calories each day to lose fat, even if I’m exercising a lot. Goal this week will be a max of 1970 calories each day.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:40 pm

Sunday 1/29/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.6 lbs
Calories: 1933

Dating:

Monday 1/30/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.4 lbs
Gym: Rest Day
Calories: 1962
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 am

Tuesday 2/1/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.4 lbs
Calories: 1877

Dating:

Wednesday 2/2/22 Recap:

Fitness:
Morning Weight: 167.6 lbs
Gym: 40 minutes of elliptical
Stretch: no
Calories: 1844

Thursday 2/3/22 Recap

Morning Weight: 166.2 lbs
Stretch: yes
Calories: 1904

It's been a good week so far. My weight was oddly stubborn for the first part of the week. Holding steady at 167.4-6 even with low calories every day, but it finally dropped down this morning. I know it can fluctuate randomly, but it's weird for it to hold steady 4 days in a row while eating at a deficit. I'm still hitting my exercise targets so that's all good.

Had a nice 2nd date with a girl from Tinder last night. Invited her back to my place and taught her a few swing dance moves before making out. I was starting to push things a bit further but sensed some hesitancy from her. Asked if she wanted to slow things down and she said yes, so we sat back down and talked some more. Made out a few more times, then I walked her down to her car for the night. She's still texting so I think I'll see her again.

Got a date with a new girl from Bumble scheduled for tomorrow night. She says she's looking for something casual too so it should be a good fit. Then Saturday I'm going snowboarding with my brother and some of his friends. Should be a fun weekend.

Also, I bought "Letting Go" on Kindle. I've only read the intro so far. I'll aim to read a little each day.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:47 pm

Friday 2/4/22 Recap:

Morning Weight: 165.6 lbs
Stretch: no
Calories: 1953

Swipe on Tinder/Bumble: no

Met the girl from Bumble for drinks after work. She didn't look like her pics. Heavier and less clear skin. I wasn't attracted to her at all. I got one drink and then ended the date in half an hour.

It spurred a thought: this girl was very friendly and enthusiastic before the date. Saying she was really excited to see me and asking questions over text. I wonder: is that more common with less attractive girls? So far that's mostly been my experience. I can only think of one girl who I considered hot who was very friendly and enthusiastic before the date. And several unattractive ones who were.

I suspect it's probably more common when the girl perceives you to be hotter than her but I definitely don't have enough experience to say for sure.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:56 pm

Weekly Check-In: 1/31 - 2/6
Last Week's Starting Weight: 167.8
Last Week's Ending Weight: 167.6
Last Week's Average Weight: 166.7

This Week's Starting Weight: 167.4
This Week's Ending Weight: 166.0
This Week's Average Weight: 166.5
Average Calories/day: 1922
Days since last binge: 74

I'm happy with my progress this week. Weight went back down. I stuck to my calorie limits and hit all of my workouts. Had two dates: Date #2 w/ 20yo Tinder girl and a first date with a girl from Bumble who didn't match her pics. I ended that date after 30 minutes of talking.

I want to get to a point where I just end those immediately when a girl doesn't look like her pics and I'm not attracted to her at all. I've always just gotten one drink and ended the date after 30 minutes, but I'd rather just end it immediately. I have some fear about doing that because I still very much like being approved of by people and seen as "nice" and I fear that the girl will be hurt and think badly of me. Silly fear when I don' t know the girl at all, so why should it matter if she thinks I'm a jerk as long as I know I'm not? Nonetheless, it is a fear. And one I want to face. 30 minutes isn't a long time, but I don't want to waste that time on a stranger I'm not at all attracted to.

For the coming week: I finally scheduled a dermatology appointment. I've had some stubborn bumps on my foot that I assumed were warts, but they haven't responded to my freezing them. I'll have the doctor take a look, see what they are, and hopefully get them removed so I can finally get back to Jiujitsu.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:43 pm

Yeah.... I've noticed that because of masks its similar to online dating hangups. I'll meet some girl in the daytime and I see her without a mask and oh boy the lower half of a girls face is surprisingly important.

Yeah 30 minutes is fair or shit 20 then say something came up. Or be "shallow" and tell her that she doesn't match her pics. I don't blame you for doing 30 minutes. But I do wonder if people see you with ugly girls if it makes it harder to get hotter girls. Probably only important in smaller social circles.
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Adam

Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:52 pm

Jacobpalmer123 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:43 pm
Yeah.... I've noticed that because of masks its similar to online dating hangups. I'll meet some girl in the daytime and I see her without a mask and oh boy the lower half of a girls face is surprisingly important.

Yeah 30 minutes is fair or shit 20 then say something came up. Or be "shallow" and tell her that she doesn't match her pics. I don't blame you for doing 30 minutes. But I do wonder if people see you with ugly girls if it makes it harder to get hotter girls. Probably only important in smaller social circles.
Yeah the mask thing is definitely surprising. People don't look how you expect under the masks. I've had that experience with some people who I met while they were wearing a mask and then they looked somehow wrong when they took the mask off.

Regarding people seeing me with ugly girls, I hadn't thought of that. It's more that it's a waste of time and the whole time I'm annoyed at myself for wasting my own time just to be polite to someone who wasn't totally honest in how they presented themselves online
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:09 pm

Weekly Check-In: 2/7 - 2/13
Last Week's Starting Weight: 167.4
Last Week's Ending Weight: 166.0
Last Week's Average Weight: 166.5

This Week's Starting Weight: 164.2
This Week's Ending Weight: 167.2
This Week's Average Weight: 165.1
Average Calories/day: 2060
Days since last binge: 81

Good fat loss progress this week. I slipped over the weekend a bit. Didn't binge, just ate more than usual. Other news: Got the bumps on my foot removed by the dermatologist. He cut them down, then froze them. I've got a big ol' blister on the bottom of my left foot right now. Once it goes down I'll go back to BJJ. The girl I saw last week seems to have ghosted me. We texted back and forth a few times, but she went silent as soon as I proposed a date. I followed up today just in case she forgot to respond, but it's probably a ghost.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:30 am

Weekly Check-In: 2/14 - 2/20
Last Week's Starting Weight: 164.2
Last Week's Ending Weight: 167.2
Last Week's Average Weight: 165.1

This Week's Starting Weight: 164.2
This Week's Ending Weight: 163.2
This Week's Average Weight: 164.3
Average Calories/day: 1882
Days since last binge: 88

Good progress this week. I was very consistent with my diet. Hit all four gym sessions. I’ve been slowly reading “Letting Go”. I’m still in chapter one but I like what I’m reading so far.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:32 am

Fuck yeah. Letting Go is an essential read.

Check in and let us know how its going

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:05 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:32 am
Fuck yeah. Letting Go is an essential read.

Check in and let us know how its going

MAC
Thanks for checking in, MAC. Last week was a bit frustrating for fat-loss. I stuck to the 1800 calories each day but my weight stayed the same through most of the week and then went up a little over the weekend. Very strange. Especially since it feels like I'm eating way less than maintenance.

This week I'm dropping the calories another 100. I'm also going back to Jiu-Jitsu 3 times a week which will add extra cardio and hopefully help drop some more pounds.

Other than that frustration, the week was pretty good. Went to see Jordan Peterson mid-week with my parents. The place was packed. Great to see a bunch of like-minded people all in one place and it was a good reminder that I'm not alone in prizing personal responsibility and being skeptical of mainstream narratives.

I slacked on dating last week. Got two ghosts in a row, was a bit disheartened, and took a break from the apps without making a conscious decision to do so. Just kept putting it off. I got back on and used my daily swipes today and will continue doing so.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:38 am

Strong update!

I am going to see Jordan later this year in London and I can't wait

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Adam

Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:03 pm

Been a while since I checked in. I've been sticking to the diet and following my trainer's plan really well. He's repeatedly told me that I'm by far the most consistent of his client. This fat-loss thing is #1 priority for me. I've never had abs in my life - I went from a skinny pre-teen to a chubby teen and then for a long time dwelt in that space of "pretty fit, but still kind of chubby". I've still got a few more pounds to lose, but I'm happy with the progress so far. Pics of when I started in January vs last week are below. I was 166 when I started and now I'm right around 162.5.
Last edited by Adam on Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Adam

Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:49 am

Bought a bunch of things from Radical's Style Guide this week. Two new Jackets. Two new Zara Tees, new Boots. The only change I made from Radical's recommendations was going with Lace-Up boots over the slip-on Chelsea Boots. I tried a few pairs of slip-ons and never felt comfortable walking in them without being able to pull them snug around my ankles. And I prefer the look of laces. I took a bunch of pictures today in my apartment with various combinations. I know that none of the pictures are good for Tinder - this was just to get an idea of what outfit combinations look best for when I do a street photo shoot. I think all the jean/shirt combos work well except maybe the gray/gray combo. The boots feel best paired with the Pea Coat and the all-black outfits, while the white shoes seem to look better for Bomber Jacket and T-Shirt only. Any feedback is welcome if you should feel so inclined. I'm curious what you all think of the pea-coat. I wonder if the buttons are too shiny. I've put a few pictures in this post.

Also switched to a bulking diet. My trainer recommended it a few weeks ago but I wanted to continue getting leaner. But the past two weekends I've had two binges after months of diet consistency. I can write off one but two weekends in a row tells me that I need a mental break from dieting. We've increased the calories and workouts and I'm really enjoying feeling full again. Still eating healthy stuff, just more.
Last edited by Adam on Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs