Toast's AA log - Completed :) - Reuploading my videos as well

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:36 am

Ok cool. Same.

It's crazy how fast the social anxiety goes away. I went out last night and was talking to a group of girls. ZERO anxiety. Like actually absolutely zero. It was quite intoxicating to be like "holy shit I have no approach anxiety right now".

It seems like it's the thought: "I remember when this was impossible. Now look what I can do" that builds up the confidence.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
β˜€οΈ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
πŸ‡°πŸ‡· Moved to Korea Post
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:41 am

Manganiello wrote: ↑
It's crazy how fast the social anxiety goes away.
It really is crazy. Almost 4 weeks and I already feel like a new man. Can only imagine after the full 12 weeks. Typing this made me realize im almost 1/3rd of the way done!
I went out last night and was talking to a group of girls. ZERO anxiety. Like actually absolutely zero. It was quite intoxicating to be like "holy shit I have no approach anxiety right now".
Congrats man. That's super dope! Shows that the hard work you've put in is really working.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
sundleboro
Name: Bill
Goal: Social freedom
Motto: The key to life is progressive overload

Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:43 am

Hahaha "HEY HOW'S IT HANGIN'" I can't wait to do that one.
Toast wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 am
Unfortunately I didn't read the drill properly, and did all of the interactions while acting gay.
Hahahaha

Good lessons. Lesson 1, do it. Lesson 2, don't not do it.

Can't wait to see your high five experience tomorrow. You better do it. I'm excited about Day 17 after hearing about your experience with it. That fear that builds character. I still haven't read it yet though... looks like things get slightly easier for a while after it judging from Day 19?

I'm glad your interaction with the girl you already talked to before went well. Think I mentioned it, but once a girl I had asked the time and where the closest restaurant was, I accidentally approached her again a couple days later with almost the same question, and she was like, "You already asked me this. Right? Did you ever find that first thing?" and I got really embarrassed (at the time) lol.

You're looking good too. Looks like you're getting almost no bad/passive reactions, which is cool. You're ahead of me, I know, but the "mini freakout" thing you mentioned made me think. You could try approaching like unfriendly-looking people once in a while on purpose and prepare for a bad reaction/being ignored. Maybe it's already happening to you. If not, it happens sometimes, but you kind of get used to it; you almost start challenging them after a while, like in that Chris video with the crazy chick that Brandon posted. "Are you being serious right now?" Still laughing about that video. On my bad day in the mall, "You don't know what kind of phone you have? Yeah okay" comes to mind.

Did you do Day 19 on the street or in the mall? I might have missed which
Toast

Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:33 am

sundleboro wrote: ↑
Can't wait to see your high five experience tomorrow. You better do it.
The pressure is on now haha.
That fear that builds character.
100% true
You could try approaching like unfriendly-looking people once in a while on purpose and prepare for a bad reaction/being ignored. Maybe it's already happening to you. If not, it happens sometimes, but you kind of get used to it; you almost start challenging them after a while,
I generally tend to approach females that I find attractive, because they're intimidating, which could be why my reactions are generally neutral (as in dismissive) or good. Hot chicks seems to respond well so far. I could approach unfriendly looking people to produce bad reactions. But I think that if I have them happen more naturally and it catches me off guard it may serve a better purpose. I feel like your recent bad reactions was something that may be very rare. People that react that poorly definitely got something wrong with themselves. I think Chris may have said that like in 100or 200 cold approaches that chick was the only crazy one.

I did day 19 mostly walking on the street. Around my work there's some decent foot traffic as well as some restaurants. on Saturdays, there tends to be a decent amount of people to approach.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:46 am

@sundleboro High-5 Challenge /Experiment

Challenge - One hour of high-5s

Today was interesting. Went pretty well overall.

25-30 approaches
3 High-5's (One from a dude)
4 Elbow Bumps
1 Fist Bump

Walked around the mall for about an hour, shopped at one point so I wasted some time. Mall was pretty busy, so it was a good day for this experiment. Started off good, first girl I approached for a high-5 turned me down but then offered the elbow bump. Started off good but for probably the next 20 or so min I didn't get any high5, elbow bump, or fist bump. I was trying to approach mostly girls, but a lot of them either gave me blank looks, or giggled and declined. After they declined I asked for the elbow bump, but still no success. I approached a long line of people and asked for a high 5 from the first couple in line. Cute Asian chick and her boyfriend. took a little bit of convincing but they both gave me a high 5. Rest of the people in line were old Asian ladies, and dudes but one other pair of girls I asked but they declined. Next high five I did I was definitely playing around and I walked up to a girl at a kiosk and said, " hey could you help me out, Just wondering if u have any high-5s in stock. She laughed and said sure, and gave me a high 5. Rest of the day was pretty uneventful, got some elbow bumps and one cute Asian girl suggested a fist bump instead of a high5. Not too many girls were alone, or in pairs.

Thoughts on today
I was feeling pretty good today. In the beginning I had a little bit of anxiety, but since I got an elbow bump right off the bat I was feeling good. For the rest of the day I was having a good time asking for High-5s. Pretty fun drill overall, was definitely making a game out of today. Could have probably approached more people, but I'm happy with the 25-30 approaches.
After the day was over I was definitely feeling really good. Vibing on the way home listing to music.
Still think that Day 17 has helped me over come a lot of my social anxiety.
I don't think ill continue high-5s to complete the days I missed, but this was a fun experiment non the less.
Last edited by Toast on Sat May 29, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
sundleboro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:46 am

I approached a long line of people and asked for a high 5 from the first couple in line. Cute Asian chick and her boyfriend. took a little bit of convincing but they both gave me a high 5. Rest of the people in line were old Asian ladies, and dudes but one other pair of girls I asked but they declined.
Dang you were going up to a line and asking successive people? That's so tough for me.
hey could you help me out, Just wondering if u have any high-5s in stock
Hahaha

I'm really surprised you only got 8 out of 25 to 30. I noticed younger Asian chicks are less forthcoming, but today kind of surprised me on that front.

Good work today. I'm sad you're not doing the other high five days, they were really fun for me
Toast

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:10 am

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:46 am
Good work today. I'm sad you're not doing the other high five days, they were really fun for me
Thanks, maybe its a mistake to not do them. I just feel like my progress so far is pretty good, and I would benefit more from continuing on.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
sundleboro

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:09 am

After the second day of high fives, I felt like I could do anything. Like go up to anyone and say anything.

I just read the prompt for Day 17. Hahahah this'll be fun
Manganiello

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:09 am
I just feel like my progress so far is pretty good, and I would benefit more from continuing on
There's some on future days too.
High fives are surprisingly fun tho.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 am

Day 19b

Continuation of Justin Bieber haircut.

Today was great! Unexpectedly awesome results, and overall I felt great throughout the whole day. had around 30ish minuets today before work so my goal was to approach 5-10 girls and finish off the last 2 sets. Acted completely normal today, no gay acting. Just normal and serious attitude.

Notable Interaction
While I was walking around I spotted the same girl I saw a couple of days ago while acting gay. I didn't wanna run the drill on her again. So I just approached and said hey nice to see you again. She asked if i was gunna get the Beebs haircut, so she obviously remembered me. She was sitting at a table so I sat down and chatted with her for a bit. asked how her day was going and as I was going to leave I asked for her number! I was definitely nervous and anxious, but still did it even though it was all in the moment. Probably had the courage because she was so nice in the previous days. She upfront told me she was gay, which was cool of her to do, but I said no worries id still like her number and maybe we could hang out some day and become friends. So I gave her my number and she called my phone. Oh man did it feel good after this. I was stoked to actually ask and commit and get a number. I wasn't bummed that she wasn't into dudes. Didn't even matter at all. She seems like a nice person so maybe we could actually become friends.

Idk if this counts as a cold approach, but its definitely the first number I've gotten from a girl since the beginning of this whole AA journey. Haven't really been focusing too much on the online dating scene during this whole time.

I was definitely flying high after this point. Stopped a chick shortly after and did the whole drill. Moved on and approached a pair of girls sitting at a table eating. I think it was a girl my age and her mom. Did the whole drill, and the younger chick laughed when I mentioned Bieber. The older chick said she didn't know and asked for a pic of Bieber. They both said my current haircut was nice and I should keep it. Next girl was a super fine Asian gym chick waiting in line for the outdoor gym. Definitely Thiccc Af, wearing legging shorts and a crop top. She was the only girl in line with hella dudes around her. Walked up to her, and did the full drill. She was not totally receptive but she answered all of my questions. gave very neutral responses. But it felt good to talk to her in front of all of the other gym bros. Next girl was passing by, got up to the point of saying i was getting the Bieber haircut but she was already walking away as she responded.

Total of 5/6 girls approached if the pair counts as 2. No problems at all with any of the interactions.

Thoughts on Today
I feel like the fucking man. Never would I ever have thought I could just ask a random girl for their number on the street and actually get it. Its only been a month since I started and I've made such good progress!
Going to text the girl whos number I got and see if she's free to chill. Seems like a nice girl.
It was nice to get compliments on my current haircut while asking about what men's haircut they liked. Confirms to me that im looking good right now.

Lessons
Do whatever you fucking want to (within reason)

Other Notable Things
Weighted in at 191.3! Finally dropped a pound after one week so the progress is going decently.
Ate 1465 calories yesterday. Was not too hungry, but I drank like 3 sparkling waters and had popcorn b4 bed so that's probably why. Kind of way under what I want to eat, but I'm pretty sure my calorie maintenance is ~1700 so this is a 20% cut of calories to lose 1-2lbs per week.
Last edited by Toast on Sat May 29, 2021 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
sundleboro

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:14 am

Congrats dude, especially on approaching that girl in front of all the other guys. And good to have your haircut pass the stress test, it's still looking fresh.

Are you better today than you were 2 weeks ago? Like Chris says. Seems like it

btw How have you been finding venues and stuff? I find myself driving somewhere new every day, and considering almost not shitting where I eat, so to speak. Maybe less stressed about that after today
Manganiello

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:35 am
So I gave her my number and she called my phone. Oh man did it feel good after this. I was stoked to actually ask and commit and get a number.
Noice!!
First one of hundreds. Good job dude. It felt good hearing that story. I bet you couldn't do that 3 weeks ago.

Are you doing a keto diet toast? I don't seem to remember you saying what diet your on.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 pm

Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:02 pm
I bet you couldn't do that 3 weeks ago
100% true! Past me would not even approach haha

I'm not on any particular diet. I've just adapted my eating habits. What I've done so far is switched out almost all sugars for 0 calorie alternatives, Eat more low calorie dense foods(like spinach, egg whites, and veggies), eat more proteins because the thermogenic effect takes more energy to digest and process protein and keeps you full for longer, and just eat cleaner and be more conscious of my snacking. I started this whole weight loss journey by watching a lot of Greg Doucette videos, where he preaches "calories in and calories out" is king. So I've made some of his recipes like low calorie French toast, using sweeteners, low calorie bread, and 0 calorie maple syrup. I'm not a guy who eats large meals so I get full pretty quick anyway
Last edited by Toast on Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Are you better today than you were 2 weeks ago?
I feel like a new person honestly. So much self confidence I didn't have before this. I've never really had a bad self image, I just felt really socially awkward. My dad instilled into me not to give a fuck about other peoples thoughts from an early age, and that's gotten me this far, but I had little to no exposure talking to girls. So this is what I've been working on fixing.
How have you been finding venues and stuff? I find myself driving somewhere new every day, and considering almost not shitting where I eat, so to speak. Maybe less stressed about that after today
On the days I work I usually visit the exact same like 2-3 block area, and visit the same 3 stores. Some times I see the same security guard working at a store and think "he probably thinks I'm weird for stopping in this store like 3 days in a row" but I've gotten over that, and just focus on my drills. My other locations are usually just the malls near by. There's 3 malls like within 30 min of driving from where I live. So I just rotate between them. I'm like 45min from the big fancy mall in SF and I'm too lazy to drive that far lol. So I just go to the same places.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:39 pm

*deleted*
Last edited by Manganiello on Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Past Goals:
πŸ—‘οΈ AA Program Log
πŸ”₯ OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]