Toast's AA log - Completed :) - Reuploading my videos as well

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:56 am

Manganiello wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:50 am
I think I found a better one today, I was in an all girls store and just said I was looking for someone. Talked to a hot girl in there too.
ooh this is nice. May have to use this if it ever comes up.

I think the point of the High5 is to get comfortable establishing physical dialogue/contact with females. From what Chris has stated, squeezing their arm or taking their hand is a more advanced form of the physical dialogue. So the high5 is just the beginning. If your not comfortable giving a girl a harmless high5 how are you ever going to grab a girls hand. Id say an air5 makes you get out of your comfort zone as well so may serve a similar purpose though.

In San Francisco (where i'm at) people are pretty strict about the social distancing and masks. Like if you stand too close people back away, or even cross the street if ur not wearing a mask. Maybe ill try and do a full hour of high 5s and see how people react just as an experiment. High 5s aren't illegal lol.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:08 am

Toast wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:56 am
Maybe ill try and do a full hour of high 5s and see how people react just as an experiment.
Yeah I think I might do that Sunday.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

sundleboro
Name: Bill
Goal: Social freedom
Motto: The key to life is progressive overload

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 am

@Manganiello I don't think anyone's gonna get arrested over some high fives, or even kicked out of anywhere. I want to tell myself, "Go ahead, don't do it, you've got the only excuse in the world!" but I know it's just the natural anxiety talking. I like the "air five" idea. Tomorrow's my Day 14, so I'm going to try actual high fives tomorrow, and may switch to air fives if I'm not getting anything. Chris says "If you aren't able to do this drill successfully, I don't want you moving on to Week 3." I don't need to tell you that, you're way ahead, but... I really want to do this day lol
Toast

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:17 am

sundleboro wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:10 am
Chris says "If you aren't able to do this drill successfully, I don't want you moving on to Week 3."
These next 3 days of high5s are probably pretty important, maybe if I had done them day 17 wouldn't have been as hard since for the past 3 days I would have been putting myself out there. I just didn't wanna get stopped in my tracks because nobody would high5 me. Thinking about it though, this is also an excuse not to do them lol
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:26 am

Yeah man that's some balls. I guess just nobody's really tried them during covid @sundleboro , atleast that I know of.

I actually tried a few right at the start of it. Literally I was doing day 14 the day after government leaders were announcing lockdown measures and places started closing. Nobody wanted to do it. But it might be different now once the novelty and panic of it has faded a bit.

It's worth experimenting on.
If you give it a go, I'll 1,000,000% give it a go this weekend.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:35 am

@sundleboro Since we've all been living in a pandemic for a year now and the rates are going down and vaccines are getting administered its possible that people would be more receptive as well.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
sundleboro
Name: Bill
Goal: Social freedom
Motto: The key to life is progressive overload

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:09 am

@Manganiello Look out for tomorrow's log, new territory >:D

@Toast I've also noticed people stepping back a lot. It might just be a 2 hours of rejected high fives, but you know what, it'll be faster exposure for having your high five rejected, that's a big fear for a lot of people (including me).
Toast

Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:55 am

sundleboro wrote:
it'll be faster exposure for having your high five rejected, that's a big fear for a lot of people (including me).
Good point. any exposure is good exposure. I'm interested to see what your results are tomorrow, U got this man!
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:27 pm

sundleboro wrote:
Look out for tomorrow's log, new territory >:D
You got this!
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 am

Day 18b

Today was relatively easy, and anxiety free. I wore a my nice button up so that the girls actually had something to comment on when I asked the question. Had a little bit less time before work today so I set myself a goal of talking to 10 girls in under 30 min. I think this really fired me up because I was able to do the whole first drill in like under 5 min. First girl I saw kind of threw me off my game. Approached, asked the time, then asked what she thought about my shirt. She said "its nice, why are you asking? are you going on a date?" but she said it in a weird kind of way. like not really in a nice tone, but like she knew I was up to something or whatever. I responded with " yah hopefully, and chuckled" then walked away. Her asking that like just surprised me and I like mini freaked out I guess I would say. But I continued on and finished the rest of the set no problem. Next set I didn't even ask the time, I just walked up to a girl and said " Hey, quick question, what do you think of my shirt?" Felt good to be assertive and not have to try and start a conversation with asking for the time. Most of the rest of the interactions went the same. Leaving out the time and just straight up asking about my shirt.
I believe I spoke with 6 or 8 girls today, and my goal was 10. Not really upset I didn't hit my goal because the results of today were really good.

Notable Interaction
Approached 2 really sexy Japanese girls. I didn't ask the time but I just stopped them as they were walking and asked what they thought about my shirt. They said it looked really nice, and looked good on me. At this point in the day I was definitely feeling the social momentum. I feel like normally girls like this would intimidate me. As well as it was a pair of girls who I approached.

Thoughts on Today
Setting a goal and time limit really helps a lot. I'd say I'm naturally competitive so an attainable goal fires me up and puts me in the right head space.
Not having to lean on the time question as an introduction to conversation is awesome. Being confident enough to just stop a chick for no reason felt really good.
Dressing nice definitely gets girls to open up more. My zebra shirt is definitely one of my favorites right now. All of the girls said it looked good on me.

Lessons
Just fucking do it!
No excuses for why not to.

Other Stuff
Weighed in at 193.1. My weight seems to be within 1 lb of this. 6th day straight of weighing close to this weight.
Didn't work out, but did some cardio and burned ~300 calories.
Ate 1794 calories yesterday
Started to drink coffee without milk. Its decent :?
Last edited by Toast on Sat May 29, 2021 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:52 am

Toast wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 am
I feel like normally girls like this would intimidate me.
Progress!

Are you just skipping milk for health reasons or calories?

Almond/oat/soy milk taste pretty good.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:23 am

Manganiello wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:52 am
Almond/oat/soy milk taste pretty good.
I'm just trying to reduce calories. Probably consume ~100 or so calories just from the creamer for my coffee. Switched to 0calorie sweetener, and it's drinkable. I've also removed most milk from my diet. Other milk alternatives are tastier. Vegetarian friend's / reading about milk processing policies and other things grossed me out lol.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Toast

Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 am

Day 19

Hi, How's it going? (Listen), Leave
Hi, How's it going? (Listen), Do you know if there's a hair salon around here?, Leave
Hi, How's it going? (Listen), Do you know if there's a hair salon around here?, I'm getting the Justin Bieber haircut, Leave
Hi, How's it going? (Listen), Do you know if there's a hair salon around here?, I'm getting the Justin Bieber haircut, What's your favorite hairstyle for guys?, Leave
* Challenge: Hi, How's it HANGIN'? (Listen), Do you know if there's a hair salon around here?, I'm getting the Justin Bieber haircut, What's your favorite hairstyle for guys?, Leave
Repeat this 4 times today, you will talk to a total of 16 girls;
Do it once talking gay, Do it once being COMPLETELY SERIOUS, Do it twice just being "yourself"

So today went really well and I had fun doing the drill, but at the time of writing this I realized I didn't fully read the drill properly. I did all of my sets acting gay lol. First girl, stopped her and she had headphones so I had to repeat. Asked for a hair salon while acting gay and she giggled.

Notable Interaction
Next chick was the best interaction. I'm like 100% sure I've done a drill on this chick like a week or 2 ago. This was the girl who I complimented on her eye makeup like on day 10 or something. She was chillin in the same spot at the same time on her lunch break I'm assuming. but she didn't have a mask on so I didn't realize it was her till way afterwards. Got her attention and said "hey, how's it going" acting gay. Then asked for a hair salon, she said she didn't know. I then said I was getting the Bieber haircut. She laughed and asked if it was like the current Bieber or the 2012 Bieber. I was in full on acting gay mode at this point and said "This years Bieber looks like trash." She laughed again, and then looked up some Bieber pictures for me and a nearby hair salon. At this point the drill was going really well so I kind of spit-balled and said "do you think I could pull off the Bieber look" I then asked her what he favorite boys haircut was. She then asked me if I went to pizza squared. I was confused by this and she said that she thought we met before. Completely confused I said I hadn't. Only till after walking away did I realize it was the same girl. She was even cuter with her mask off. Kind of bummed I was acting gay cuz I feel like she's definitely a girl that's cool. Was definitely off script cuz I think I talked with this chick for like 5 min or something.

Next drill I did was on a pair of girls who were eating. I walked up and acted gay again. Did the whole spiel and they thought it was funny when I said I was going to get a Bieber haircut. Asked what their favorite haircut was and one of the girls pulled up a picture for an example.

Last chick of the day was a little bit older. Did the drill, but she said she didn't know what the Bieber haircut was. Ended the drill there and said thanks as I left.

Thoughts on Today
Today was super easy. The reactions from the girls were great, and they thought it was funny when I mentioned Bieber. Unfortunately I didn't read the drill properly, and did all of the interactions while acting gay. So ill repeat the day and also act completely serious and normal. Also going to do the challenge and ask "how's it hanging."
Not asking for the time while doing yesterdays drills probably prepped me to be able to just jump into a conversation.
Chris' audio clip was really good today. Lots of what he said resonated with me well. Definitely feel proud and accomplished coming this far through the program.
Very Happy with my progress so far, and can already see the change in my social anxiety, and approach anxiety. Friends seem to notice as well. They say I'm cocky, and even more full of myself (Which I think is a good thing lol).

Other Notable Things
Weighed in at 192.1 again. Maybe I need to change something to drop below this weight?
Ate ~1547 calories yesterday. Was definitely feeling hungry as I went to bed. Had a handful of pistachios before bed. Maybe this little amount of eating late at night affects my body's overnight weight loss?
Work out went well, definitely could have gone harder. Today was leg day.
77 Words per min typing test. Best so far. Aiming for 100WPM
Last edited by Toast on Sat May 29, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:02 am

Toast wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:11 am
They say I'm cocky, and even more full of myself (Which I think is a good thing lol).
Probably a good thing.

I think 1 set normal and 1 set serious would be fine since you already more-or-less finished the day.

I Iike suck at acting gay I just came off with an accent that resembled nothing lol.

Dude you're almost on week 4 already. You're going fast.

When you going to try high fives?
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Toast

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:16 am

Manganiello wrote:
I think 1 set normal and 1 set serious would be fine since you already more-or-less finished the day.
I was thinking the same. I did what was suppose to be the more difficult set already.
Manganiello wrote:
When you going to try high fives?
I was planning on doing highfives tomorrow since its my day off. Gunna go for an hour and see how many I can get.

I'm really happy with my progression so far. Definitely can feel the change from week 1, when I was having anxiety just asking the time. Just wondering when I'm going to get the fear again like the ABC's. Honestly I feel like that day is what attributed a lot to my confidence now.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log