The IronWill Project: Year 3 of MAC DADDY: Realising My Greatness (Moving On: Off To The Sun?!)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 am

BW: 241.6

Had a good day yesterday, went for a run, did some core work, breathwork, played guitar did and some good reading on near-death experiences and also on some spiritual concepts (case studies of prayer and healing). Then, went to hang out with my buddy and we watched The Shining. Great fucking film. We riffed for ages on the deeper meanings of the film, the hotel being built on an ancient Indian burial ground, the karma of these souls being passed into the hotel, and the hotel acting out it's karma on it's inhabitants. Was fun.

Today, it's Sunday, and I am going to relax and take it easy, keep the stress hormones low, plan my wee ahead and reflect on my current goals.

Best wishes,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
MakingAComeback

Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:16 am

zayn wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:53 am
Keep it up bro, one day at a time, we all gonna make it.
Thank you bro it will come together for all of us!

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

MakingAComeback

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:57 am

Morning Weight: 241.8
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:47 am

Morning Weight: 242.8

Ugh. It'll come down.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:24 am

Morning Weight: 241.6lbs
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am

Hi brothers.

I am going to get this weight loss done I really am. I am not letting up, lol.

So look, another goal of mine is to get out of Project Management. This has been fun but simply will never make me any real money. I got into the Education & Charity sector, and while these have helped me grow a LOT as a person, I am not making the kind of money I'd like.

After some research, I'm reskilling myself, and going to start by learning Paid Search Marketing - Google Ads, Facebook Ads, this sort of thing.

I will just take it one step at a time. Simply getting work in this new sector alone will be success for me right now.

My current contract ends in July and after that, I am not doing any more Project Management work. I will make this work.

As per my goals, I will revise the hierarchy in my signature, so it'll reflect the following:

(A) Weight Loss: (1) Get to 215lbs and start Online Dating, (2) Get to 200lbs and take professional photographs
(B) Career Change: (1) Reskill in Digital marketing, (2) Generate experience & build portfolio, (3) Get role and begin 3-5 year process of climbing the ladder, starting my own side business, and scaling up income to put me in a good position age 35.
(C) Lose Virginity: (1) Start online dating when I'm at 215lbs
(D) Enjoy Life: Tick off bucket list items (I will plot these out and make plans for them etc.

Thanks all for the support.

I feel bad about myself because my weight loss has been slow. But I will feel so so much fucking better about myself if I can just lose another 10lbs and get to 230lbs, I will really feel like I am going to get there then and we will all be on to bigger and better things!

I am a committed person and not here to fuck around, I don't want to be posting here in 5 years time struggling with my weight and getting out of a industry with low earning potential, I want to have very different types of problems when I look back at this log in 5 years lol.

MAC

Best wishes,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:17 am

BW: 241.6
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:41 am

MattsCrib wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:20 pm
(I sometimes still lurk here)

I'd suggest you not to wait until "i'm good enough" to start online dating. Post your pics here, dude. Also, it doesn't help if you weigh yourself EVERY DAY. Do it maybe weekly.
Good to see you man. Glad you've not forgotten about us.

Really?

I'm surprised to hear you say this, as not only is it contra to the general consensus, but you're aware of the utter bloodbath of rejection that has been my experience up until now, and how this has potentially distorted my view of women. I have done online dating before, on Tinder for over a 1 year (~6 matches, none would respond). Was on OKCupid and PlentyOfFish for around 2 years, messaging every other day, and tried to initiate conversations with around 4-600 women. Absolutely none of them replied. I had my friends check my messages and posted online for help etc, people were quite baffled at the time, this was years ago so perhaps people didn't understand how savage women are on dating sites. This appears to have gotten far worse now. My cold approach phase was around 2 years, and I racked up 2,000 approaches, and needless to say, women wanted nothing to do with me and made this very clear LOL. My friends were getting hundreds of matches, easily pulling on cold approach, women from all over were travelling sometimes hours to see them, etc.

All of this was when I was between 200-215lbs, lifting regularly, and otherwise doing fine. However, my anxiety levels were not all the way in check, and I was not as well-rounded as a person as I am now. It is going to take a lot for me to make progress and this will be a several-year journey, but I will spell this out now while I am dropping weight,

Fast forward to now, you know that I'm 40lbs overweight, right? I can tell you from personal experience that makes you completely invisible to women, non-existent, you are simply not there. It's like entering a different world. I cannot imagine the frustration I will go through on online dating right now. When I was doing all this, online dating wasn't as entrenched in our culture as it is now, and it had not fully penetrated the modern mind.

It would be actual torture and probably make me develop some seriously negative beliefs around women. I am not wanting to go down that road....I haven't got time to waste, I'm 30 in 2 months.

For me to have any hope at all, I'll have to come in lean and healthy-looking, and thereafter it'll be a case of taking good pictures and working on my appearance. We seemed to have consensus on this, it's advice laid out by Andy in the Tinder guide, and in light of the standards women have for men today and the barbarism of online dating today, it seems obvious.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

youngverse_
Name: T
Goal: Become a machine
Motto: I am going to get there

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:12 am

Put away that negative perspective and stop crying. Not saying this to hurt you. Who cares that you're overweight, maybe some girls are into it? Ofc leaner = better. But why wait for life to happen, when you'll become leaner, when you can start/keep trying now.

I am getting only few matches a week myself, but I keep trying. Last year had a good run of dates, eventhough I was getting the same amount of matches. At that point I felt like I am something, I can text, I can date, I can escalate with kissing etc eventhough I don't have that much relationship experience, life experience alone helps too.

So man up, stop stabbing yourself in the back. 2k approaches is awesome, so you have the strength behind. So just be you, while working on yourself. Good luck.
MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:14 am

Hey man. Did you actually read this thread?
-Your friend, Ravi

youngverse_

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:20 am

MakingAComeback wrote:
I read your last message. Which made me respond the way I responded. No offence.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 am

MakingAComeback wrote:
I have done online dating before, on Tinder for over a 1 year (~6 matches, none would respond).
youngverse_ wrote:
I am getting only few matches a week myself, but I keep trying.
I like that part. It's basically "I get as much matches in a week as you did get in a whole year. Why would you give up" lol.
MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:27 am

youngverse_ wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:20 am
MakingAComeback wrote:
I read your last message. Which made me respond the way I responded. No offence.
Unbelievable.
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:32 am

Anyway, back to productive action:

Working hard, all going well.

Diet is going well, weight loss is slow, but it will drop - because I've been at the weight I am now for a long time, a bit of a set-point has built up. That will come down.

Exercising regularly, spending time with friends, and enjoying my hobby (guitar) a lot.

The weight will come down...and I am working on the career change stuff.

All in all, a lot of work is going in, and results will start to show. Honestly when I get to 230lbs I will be fucking happy. It will give me a lot of joy truly. And I can also do it, it will happen :)

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

youngverse_

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 am

Lostcause wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:25 am
MakingAComeback wrote:
I have done online dating before, on Tinder for over a 1 year (~6 matches, none would respond).
youngverse_ wrote:
I am getting only few matches a week myself, but I keep trying.
I like that part. It's basically "I get as much matches in a week as you did get in a whole year. Why would you give up" lol.
So what you're saying basically is to give up, until he will lose weight and he will magically not be ignored? 6 matches is better than 0.
I knew overweight, below average looking associate that always had some girl by his side so that proves that it's not the weight that is the problem.
Yeah online dating requires good looks and appearance, I am not there myself, but that doesn't stop me from trying.