The IronWill Project: Year 3 of MAC DADDY: Realising My Greatness (Moving On: Off To The Sun?!)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:38 am

MakingAComeback wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:32 am
Also, it doesn't help if you weigh yourself EVERY DAY. Do it maybe weekly
It helps.

Weighing yourself weekly/monthly is a conspiracy started by genetically lean people to mess up with us who struggle with excess weight.

@MakingAComeback if you havent already, read about "body fat setpoint". It will explain why weight loss is slow and why you'll almost never again have to worry about weight gain when you finally succeed.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:45 am

Crisis_Overcomer wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:38 am
MakingAComeback wrote:
Also, it doesn't help if you weigh yourself EVERY DAY. Do it maybe weekly
It helps.

Weighing yourself weekly/monthly is a conspiracy started by genetically lean people to mess up with us who struggle with excess weight.

@MakingAComeback if you havent already, read about "body fat setpoint". It will explain why weight loss is slow and why you'll almost never again have to worry about weight gain when you finally succeed.
Thank you brother.

Oh, my, music to my ears. Yes I have studied the set point theory, through Jon Gabriel mostly, also Ari Witten, and my God was it healing to my soul. I joined Jon's group and I have seen many people lower their setpoint and truly transform their body through good diet, removing frustration and being kind to one's body, and becoming lean over time. Like you say, these people never struggle with weight again once their set point has lowered.

Thanks for posting that bro I needed that today.
PK47 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:39 am
Hey, keep up the great work, man! It's incredibly difficult to lose weight and the perseverance you have is key. You'll get there one day at a time, dude, so just keep at it. Guitar is a fantastic and incredibly fun hobby (plus, it's one of those hobbies that some women find SO sexy).
Thank you so much bro, it means a lot. I will keep hammering and thank you for saying that about guitar, truly my heart feels lighter when playing, it soothes me so much and I just love the instrument.

I will get there guys and will just keep showing up, being consistent, and execute the plan as advised.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:21 am

MakingAComeback wrote:
So what you're saying basically is to give up, until he will lose weight and he will magically not be ignored? 6 matches is better than 0.
I am saying to not be a martyr. You are not better then anyone else for fighting a lost fight. Seen my nickname? Been there, seen that.
When you finally reach the stage where you start looking decent your mind will be fucked up.
Why not wait some time, get in shape and get a headstart instead? When you learn swimming you dont jump in the deep water and drown. And when you get rescued you won't get to say "well, at least I am trying.. you saying I better give up?".
youngverse_
Name: T
Goal: Become a machine
Motto: I am going to get there

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:25 am

Lostcause wrote:
MakingAComeback wrote:
So what you're saying basically is to give up, until he will lose weight and he will magically not be ignored? 6 matches is better than 0.
I am saying to not be a martyr. You are not better then anyone else for fighting a lost fight. Seen my nickname? Been there, seen that.
When you finally reach the stage where you start looking decent your mind will be fucked up.
Why not wait some time, get in shape and get a headstart instead? When you learn swimming you dont jump in the deep water and drown. And when you get rescued you won't get to say "well, at least I am trying.. you saying I better give up?".
Sure, to each their own. There is no wrong path here.
MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:31 am

Lostcause wrote:
MakingAComeback wrote:
Thanks for a valuable post bro, I appreciate you very much.

Your point has been echoed by so many who have been here, Andy posted in my thread on page 2 stating that the priority needs to be weight loss right now (he has coached so many men through this and did it himself), people like the OG Thebastard who have truly been there and done it all said what you said, and there have been many others who said the same thing. All thoughtful, well-read, informed, intelligent men who really want to help, and are also getting after it themselves.

You don't need to argue with this guy (there's no need to engage him) because I totally agree with you and everyone else said the same thing you did. Also, they have been supportive, considerate, mindful, and actually know how to help people - they didn't come here with a stinking attitude, tell me to stop crying, and dismiss the fucking effort I put in every second of my day to be a better person and achieve my goals. If you look at most posters in this community, most dudes really want to help and see you succeed are humble enough to not come here with 5 posts and talk shit, lol.

I'll get there and you will also achieve amazing things in life. I appreciate the time you take to share your knowledge and insight and where I can share value I will do the same. Have a great day brother.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

youngverse_
Name: T
Goal: Become a machine
Motto: I am going to get there

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 am

How come you expect a person to have load of posts without discussing? haha. I am not here to attack you, but you feel attacked and that is not my problem. No worries, you're gonna get there someday. Adios.
MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:59 am

All good man. No one feels attacked, feedback is welcome. That said, it's usually best to actually read the thread, respect the goals that an individual has formed that are underpinned by dialogue with several well-informed and experienced men (first few pages make this clear). Thanks for taking the time to post anyway, good luck.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Work was great. CEO returned back to work today, as you know I am a direct report to her helping her develop the Strategic Plan and I had to let her know I have an appointment tomorrow. She called me worried that I had a job interview - LOL. I was flattered. Where this current organisation is, they do need a restructure, and they do need an innovative portfolio of institutional offers to engage their stakeholders. I'm developing that portfolio and I can tell the work I've done in the sector has given me a lot, it has, but fuck me is the long-term progression from here so far from what I want. I know Senior Managers, CEOs, very experienced and brilliant people who've never broken 6 figures in long, gruelling careers. The work these people do is damn hard, complicated, involves a lot of very tough situations, negotiations, political astuteness. Great skills to have, and I have spoken to them about increasing their earnings/revenue streams. Many of these folks are older (50, 60+) and their goals when they were young were actually to do jobs like these as opposed to making a certain amount of money or living a certain lifestyle. Interesting, but I know that's not me.

I started self-teaching Paid Search yesterday and I am learning a lot about spreadsheets, formula and functions, and managing data. As a PM, I use Gantt charts and things like that, but for the most part the logs and tracking documents I use don't require a lot of spreadsheet skill. I am picking it up fast and feel good cognitively.

Learning and retention has improved since making a concerted attempt at improving sleep the past few months. It really is huge for function and if you haven't seen it, check out Matt Walker's Ted Talk.

Sleep can literally be a superpower and has the power to unlock deep intelligence and capacity. My mind is sharpening by the month. It's a long-term process.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:10 am

BW: 242.0

Day off work today. Will train, study, play guitar, and get some life admin done.
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Sat May 01, 2021 5:41 am

Had a long hard day yesterday including a trip to the courthouse to support a friend. All was good, but an intense day. He got a positive outcome and was happy. I went home, went for a walk, worked out, and chilled out. Was a hard day so left me a bit tired, hit the hay at 8pm. Woke up in the early am and just reflected on things for a few hours.

Checked my weight but it was off as I got up early and drank a good bit of water. Normal programming resumes now. Plenty of work ahead today.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Holden
Goal: Rotation

Sat May 01, 2021 8:31 am

I used to have crippling insomnia to the point where I visited a dedicated sleeping clinic, where they hook you up with all kinds of machinery to track your sleep and brain waves, and all they said after a horrible night was "oops, you slept so little we couldn't actually gather enough data to help you."

I'm just going to share what worked for me to fix this shit, after years of experimentation:
  • All the basics like dark, cold room, no caffeine after noon, etc.
  • 5-HTP, 50mg, 1 hour before bed
  • ZMA, 3 pills (can't remember dosage), 1 hour before bed
  • Melatonin, 3mg, 30 min before bed
  • Camomile tea with glycine (teaspoon) right before bed
It sounds like a lot but it's the only thing that consistently gets me 8-9 hours of sleep, and it's an overnight solution instead of this long process where you try to optimize your sleep. I wouldn't recommend you instantly take all of this stuff, but experiment first. The combination of 5-HTP with melatonin was a gamechanger for me, you might only need one of the two.
Laycount: 100

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
Thebastard
Goal: ....
Motto: ....

Sat May 01, 2021 6:13 pm

Holden wrote:
I used to have crippling insomnia to the point where I visited a dedicated sleeping clinic, where they hook you up with all kinds of machinery to track your sleep and brain waves, and all they said after a horrible night was "oops, you slept so little we couldn't actually gather enough data to help you."

I'm just going to share what worked for me to fix this shit, after years of experimentation:
It sounds like a lot but it's the only thing that consistently gets me 8-9 hours of sleep, and it's an overnight solution instead of this long process where you try to optimize your sleep. I wouldn't recommend you instantly take all of this stuff, but experiment first. The combination of 5-HTP with melatonin was a gamechanger for me, you might only need one of the two.
I screenshotted this just in case that horrible day comes where insomnia comes a knockin. Such great bountiful insights and experiences to be found on this forum :D
For my free 2016-2017 Golden Eagle Project pdf with commentary, PM me

2023 Goals
Sort my shit out
MakingAComeback

Sun May 02, 2021 7:45 am

Holden wrote:

Thank you so much brother, I appreciate you.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

MakingAComeback

Sun May 02, 2021 7:47 am

I've joined Andy's private membership group, The Winner's Club. I will be there taking full advantage of having access to Andy and the most serious guys out there. I will be putting ALL my energy into crushing my goals and staying accountable on the Winner's Club.

Will post periodic updates here.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Tue May 11, 2021 7:35 pm

What exactly are you doing to lose weight? I believe in the past you mentioned you had practiced breathing techniques so your running capability was fairly decent for someone of your stature?
Are you counting calories? Increasing your total steps for the day. Increasing Non Exercise Activity thermogenic (like taking the stairs instead of the elevator)? I know it takes time to log all your workouts and stuff but its hard to critique if what your doing is working or not without knowing what your doing. Idk if u wanna flood this log with workout stuff and weight loss since this seems to have a lot to do with your work related stuff.

The rule I live by is calories in and calories out. And it seems to be working for me so far, but everyone needs to experiment a bit for themselves. .
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840