Thrice log.Sad night

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
NotYourAverageNerd
Name: John
Goal: GET LAID
Motto: JUST FUCKING DO IT

Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:38 pm

Thrice wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:57 pm
I just read your post on the fat loss section, you are on TRT, that makes things completly different, specially since you're american, US trt doctors are known in europe for giving their patiants big doses.
I've done this on absolutely nothing, WITH super low (~300 ng/dl) test, on clomid (which is all I was on at the time I wrote that), low-dose TRT (100mg/wk, put me right around a dead-average 700) and only now (last couple months) am I on superphysiological TRT (140mg).
I works THE SAME on anything - all that's different is how much muscle you can get at any level. Most of the pictures of me here (and all of them in those posts) are NOT on TRT.
Thrice wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:57 pm
you are thicker and with more muscle mass, i have cut down to 158 lbs and i'm 6 ft and didn't look ripped and didn't see my abs exept the obliques a little bit

I need more muscle to be able to cut and look like you or go under 158 and risk looking like a zombie, i already felt so skinny and frail at 158
Yeah, I'm thicker because I've been working my ass off at this for almost four years now.
When I started out I was tiny.

You look MORE muscular (and just better in general) with less fat REGARDLESS of how much muscle you have. If you're small you don't look "like a zombie", you look like a model. Most of the non-sports/fitness models are fucking tiny but STILL look good. Chris himself said that if you don't have a bunch of muscle, the next best thing is to get to that "model" look rather than skinny-fat.
If you're 6' you're pretty big overall anyway, you're not going to look small even if you are skinny.

Most people dramatically underestimate their bodyfat and overestimate their muscle - you're doing the same. If you cant see definition in most of your body - you've got pretty high body fat, even with very little muscle.

158 is NOT that small either, scaling it down to my height (cube law), that's about 145, when I cut down close to 10% last year I was 151 while maintaining significant muscle mass. With where you're at, you should be shooting for right around (or even a little UNDER) 150 to get within striking distance of single-digit bodyfat.
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends
-Get into the party/"promotion" scene

Past goals:
-Deal with self-condemnation: sort of? Not really gone but it's not the overwhelming force it used to be
-Sex with at least 1 new girl per month (2/21 to 12/21) - Completed 6 out of 11
-Pre-pandemic bench, deadlift by 02 / 15 / 21 - Completed 2/15/21
Thrice
Name: Mohamed
Goal: get laid
Motto: GO GET SOMETHING FUCKING DONE

Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:33 pm

NotYourAverageNerd wrote:
Yeah, I'm thicker because I've been working my ass off at this for almost four years now.
ok i didn't knew you start using trt only recently
158 is NOT that small either, scaling it down to my height (cube law), that's about 145, when I cut down close to 10% last year I was 151 while maintaining significant muscle mass. With where you're at, you should be shooting for right around (or even a little UNDER) 150 to get within striking distance of single-digit bodyfat.
i have to compromise between this and building more muscle, just like you did in the last 4 years. I have to gain some weight on the building phases, otherwise there is NO may to know if i'm building muscle or not.

If sleep and nutrients are on points, effort on training is good with at least the last set to failure, what you need to be 100% that you're building muscles and not spinnng your wheels is to gain some wheight, otherwise you'll never know. So i need a balance between the two

of course on shooting days i'll be at my minimum weight, now i'm just learning how to use the camera!

27/02/2022

lets call it rest day, the fucking cat didn't allow me to sleep, at 5 am he start destrying everything like a maniac, i woke up two times, was so tired, i did my workout anyway +10 cardio

lunch with my family

i did the bare minimum today which is working out
Looking for a hardcore accountability partner👇🏽

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2052
NotYourAverageNerd

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:25 pm

Thrice wrote:

i have to compromise between this and building more muscle, just like you did in the last 4 years. I have to gain some weight on the building phases
Not really, the way to go is to stay lean and SLOWLY build muscle - muscle building natty is an EXTREMELY SLOW process, generally in terms of a few pounds per YEAR.

I did not really understand this at first and would put on 10 or 15 or 20 pounds in a few months and just get fat, even eating super clean AND working out religiously for two hours four days a week. This is a SUPER TYPICAL bulk, what most guys do starting out. Doing a bulk and cutting after, I'd basically just be right back where I started and be fat half the time.

I wasted a ton of time intentionally bulking and cutting and mostly spun my wheels doing it - you REALLY don't need to compromise, keeping a low bodyfat isn't going to hold you back until you're shredded and pretty close to as much muscle as your body can hold onto.

The most effective periods in my training have been mid-lockdown when I was dieting religiously and actually steadily LOSING weight overall, and more recently after I came BACK from getting fat last march, again, LOSING weight (albeit VERY slowly - to the tune of a pound or so a month).
Thrice wrote:
otherwise there is NO may to know if i'm building muscle or not.
That is simply not true. It's called a mirror. Or those calipers you said you bought. There's literally instructions in the box and 10,000 videos and guides online. Even if you don't get a percentage (which will be inaccurate anyway, no method is perfect and most start getting WAY less accurate below about 15%), literally just pinch some fat *somewhere* (I go right next to my bellybutton) and measure it. If that number goes down you're losing fat. If not you're not, exact percentage be damned. If you lose fat and have the SAME weight, or your fat is going down fast and your weight going down SLOW then you're gaining muscle.
Thrice wrote:
If sleep and nutrients are on points, effort on training is good with at least the last set to failure, what you need to be 100% that you're building muscles and not spinnng your wheels is to gain some wheight, otherwise you'll never know. So i need a balance between the two
Again, yes, you CAN be pretty sure. Are your lifts going up (either weight OR reps)? Then you're gaining muscle. Or look in a mirror once in a while. Just because you're gaining weight DEFINITELY doesn't guarantee you're putting on muscle. It is VERY easy to just get fat, and your weight is dictated by your eating - there's no way to eat and train and everything such that you'll only gain weight if you're gaining muscle but not if it would just be fat.

Besides, who gives a rats ass if you are "100% sure"? All of this, no matter HOW meticulously you track it, is a guess. You figure it out as you go - I'm pointing you in the direction of DONT BULK AND CUT, that is how you waste a bunch of your life looking fat.
I'll attach some pics (don't think I can embed on mobile), I look MORE muscular at 151 pounds than at 194!! The ones where I'm lean were all taken the same day and my body here is TINY even though I look pretty jacked - look at my body proportions relative to my head.
I'm smaller sure, but every frickin muscle fiber is visible, even with more muscle, at a higher bodyfat it's LESS APPARENT so you just look worse.
DSC_9492_edit.jpeg
Selected_21_01_27.jpeg
DSC_1099.jpeg

The main thing that's often missed in this discussion is: THIS IS A SLOW PROCESS
MUSCLE BUILDS VERY SLOWLY (unless you do a cycle, or your first couple months on trt or something). ESPECIALLY relative to body fat. In a life or death level situation, you could probably lose around a pound of body fat a DAY, not eating and working pretty hard. Muscle you'd have to be a genetic 1%-er to put on a pound in less than a few weeks (again natty, and not de-trained that's a whole other thing).
Even newbie gains are less, and come more slowly, than most would like.
If EVERYTHING isn't on point (and lets be real, who DOES have everything perfect? not 99% of us and that's FINE), the average person could REALISTICALLY put on probably put on 5 or 6 pounds of muscle in a year, maybe 8 or 10 if they've got good genetics and hard-ass it. Dropping that kind of body fat could be done in two or three MONTHS. Point being, doing everything right AND GETTING GOOD RESULTS, the scale will be going DOWN until you get close to a good body fat level. Most guys want to get big - so did/do I - problem is that fat doesn't "count" towards your overall size unless you get REALLY fat. You look bigger even if you're smaller because being lean shows off the muscle you DO have, whereas fat covers it up. You're also not going to be "big" for YEARS (especially staying natty), or might never be. Keep in mind you ALSO gain/lose fat in your face, and what you do have RIGHT NOW is a face that's already awesome and girls will get fucking hypnotized by and dream about sitting on if you can cut down close to single digits. Play to your strengths rather than sabotaging it trying to cover up a much more minor weakness.

Okay that was a bit of a tirade but this (thinking I needed to bulk or that I was a "hardgainer" or whatever) is something that I wasted a TON of time and money and effort on and tons of other people ALSO constantly waste time and life and effort on and is TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.
So kinda more an angry message to my past self for thinking what you are and trying to get huge overnight, rather than taking the more patient and boring, but effective path.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends

Past goals:
-Deal with self-condemnation: sort of? Not really gone but it's not the overwhelming force it used to be
Thrice

Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:48 pm

Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:25 pm
Keep in mind you ALSO gain/lose fat in your face, and what you do have RIGHT NOW is a face that's already awesome and girls will get fucking hypnotized by and dream about sitting on if you can cut down close to single digits. Play to your strengths rather than sabotaging it trying to cover up a much more minor weakness.
Ok i agree with you 100% and thank you for the advice!

Just a few points so you why i don't start cutting now.
Basically i started this log with cut, you can see it in my first page, 6 months or more without a calorie surplus until the goal was reached, it was a great experience, i proved to myself I'm able to cut, it wasn't even difficult, but at 158 lbs i still didn't see my abs, decided to get some thickness instead of keeping going down

Now i asked on reddit/fitness my bodyfat, and their answers ranged from 13 to 15%...not 18%.

And they told me i don't have enough muscle or fat to benefit from a cut

And it must be true because i got the same result with my caliper, 15%.

Of course it's not accurate but it looks I'm far from 18%.

That's why i want to get thicker, my logistic to meet girls and pictures are not ready yet anyway. I'm on 3400kcal on training days and 3000 on rest day, thats 3200 weekly average, it's a tiny surplus, just enough extra calories to recover from physical e neurological stress lifting heavy puts on the body and have good recovery, while gaining a small amount of weight per month... I think I'm gainig half a pound per month.

That's to say i basically agree with you, it's just that I'm not really at 18% bodyfat yet!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thrice

Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:49 pm

3/3/2022

It was a beautiful sunny day in Italy (the most beautiful country in the world anyway hahah), what i miss the most is one friend to go out with in this beautiful pre spring days

_ workout, viscous leg day + 10 min cardio + 10 min stretching

-worked on the bathroom, started painting the window

-1 hour singing practicing, started working on a cover, From yesterday from 30seconds to mars. It will be my first cover i publish on my instagram and youtube channel

Wanted to practice taking pictures but i have this perfectionist idea popping out about the fact thats better finish bulking, cut and then take pictures.

I have a lot of procrastination and perfectionism problems to work with

MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:25 pm

VALUE above

Thrice keep hammering g

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Thrice

Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:22 pm

4/3/2022

-workout 1.5h + 10min cardio + 10 min stretch
-vocal exercises... Fail
-practice taking pictures... Fail
-still working on the bathroom

MakingAComeback

Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:06 pm

GOOD

Keep working bro. Keep working.

Every day just keep posting. We will get you like a machine, just small tasks every day bro, just small tasks, but CONSISTENCY.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

Thrice

Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:41 pm

09/03/2022

-workout 1.5 h + 10min cardio + 10 min stretching
-singing lesson with my coach

some errands, got a hair cur and not much else

Thrice

Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:12 pm

i'm a bit embaressed to admit that i have been stuck with depression lately, i just think things that i don't do.

To be honest i never felt motivated logging my routine, maybe because i'm not native english and dosen't feel real, so maybe more human interaction would help.

I want to take pictures and try tinder, implement the advice from @NotYourAverageNerd eat less and take pictures when my face is most lean, because bodybuilding is too slow and i'm not ready to use my body and shirtless pics to attract girls, no matter how much of a surplus i eat

i need someone to unstuck each other to be able to reach our goals faster, if your the type of guy that needs an external point of view to stop ruminating and start acting immediatly we can help each other

Of course you don't have to be advanced, because in that case you won't need me, but you don't have to be the new guy that signs up writes 10 posts and disappears within the first week either hahaha

Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:30 pm

How are you tracking your progress? I personally use an excel spreadsheet with a graph, and it's be extremely helpful tracking my actual progress over time. It really gives some tangible results over time that lets my logical brain know that what I'm doing is indeed working. Progress photos also help a lot for a similar reason. Give it a try if you haven't
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739
NotYourAverageNerd

Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:14 pm

Thrice wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:12 pm

I want to take pictures and try tinder, implement the advice from @NotYourAverageNerd eat less and take pictures when my face is most lean, because bodybuilding is too slow and i'm not ready to use my body and shirtless pics to attract girls, no matter how much of a surplus i eat
Never said you're not going to attract girls with your body or cant go shirtless 😂

All I said was you're not going to get huge in six months by bulking. You're already a little better than average leanness as-is (average is a little north of 20%, depending on what county you're in). If you have a good shirtless pic in a setting where it makes sense (beach, etc.) that's probably good. Even just a few % down you'll have that kind of "model" look, which is also really attractive.

Most of the guys that I know that absolutely kill it with girls are not huge - they're mostly dead-average or even a little below muscle wise. They still attract girls physically, you will too
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends

Past goals:
Thrice

Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:14 pm
Never said you're not going to attract girls with your body or cant go shirtless
Ok i will try that too! the difference is that for a normal picture i can do it t 12/13 bf, for a shirtless pic where my abs are showing i'll clearly have to work harder diet/cardio-wise, all while trying to not lose to small amount of muscles i worked so hard to build!
Vice wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:30 pm
How are you tracking your progress? I personally use an excel spreadsheet with a graph,
i'll try that, do write something everyday? can you give me an example? for now eveyday is the same in my case, it's mainly lifiting 5 times a week and waiting until i have enough money to buy the Eos Rp

Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:11 pm

Thrice wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:57 pm
i'll try that, do write something everyday? can you give me an example? for now eveyday is the same in my case, it's mainly lifiting 5 times a week and waiting until i have enough money to buy the Eos Rp
I track my run times every time I run, and my weight weekly. I make a graph for both data points, as well as use cell highlighting rules to show me when I have a run that is in the top 10% of my best run times.

For your camera, I suggest eBay if you're not already looking on there. There are often bundle deals that come with all kinds of extras and maybe even lenses for the same price you'd get a brand new camera for.
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739
MakingAComeback

Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:11 pm

UPDATES?
-Your friend, Ravi