Sam's AA Program Log (Day8)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Sam Jeu
Name: Sam
Goal: Finish GLL AA Program
Motto: Experience more

Tue May 11, 2021 9:00 pm

Soooo, I know I said yesterday that I was going to do a full day today, I did only one set of drills and then it started pouring rain and we don't have mall or anything like that here so I guess I have to procastinate one more day, tomorrow even if it rains I will have to find a solution
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Tue May 11, 2021 11:55 pm

Still a success in my book. U got out there and did something rather then procrastinate. Glad you are back đź‘Ť
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
Sam Jeu

Sun May 16, 2021 8:57 pm

Stuck on day 10:

I went out 2 days ago and again managed to do only one set of drills.

Then I went out today saw only 3 girls in one hour of walking because of the rain, and bitched out from the 3 of them.

I feel like because all of those days without doing the program in the last 2 weeks I lost momentum, and in my mind I'm back at the beginning, I wonder if I should start the program again from day 4 to build momentum again, or if all this is just a trick from my brain/stupid excuses and I should just continue with brute force (and maybe getting stuck again on a harder day later I don't know how it's going to be)

What do you guys think ?

Anyway I'll go out to do drills again tomorrow I'm not ready to give up
offwego
Name: Asim
Goal: Beat AA

Sun May 16, 2021 11:57 pm

I got stuck on this drill too. Stopped for 2 weeks as a result. Oddly it was the one I had dreaded before starting the program, even more than like Day 14 or 17. I was like, no one watches movies anymore how can I do this! Also got some apathetic responses which soured me. Which seems silly in retrospect— I can nail this now. I went back to Day 8 as Chris recommends and also day 9 and that allowed to be zoom through that drill. If you wanna restart, don’t go all the way back, do day 8 and 9.
Reach AA program milestone by Sunday Sept 26th
Toast

Mon May 17, 2021 5:54 am

Every day is a new day where momentum needs to be gained again. I don't think you need to start over again, just keep trying. You are out there again doing something extremely hard that not everyone can do. Even just getting out the door and starting drills is hard and still gains some progress, even if it seems small. Everyone gets stuck on random days, myself included.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Sam Jeu

Mon May 17, 2021 5:17 pm

Going back to day 8:

I'm back and more motivated than ever ! :)

First of all thanks RogerRoger, Cain, QTip, Ofwego, Toast and SamJ_ for the tips and encouragements this week !

So, since I felt like I lost momentum I went back to a day I'm sure I feel comfortable doing and start again from this day, I prefer to feel that the program is fun to do and to not stress too much time on a single day. If I feel stuck I think I will always go backward until I don't feel stuck anymore.

Today before the drills I did an hypnose from youtube ( Here ) to help with social anxiety (don't judge haha it really helped).
So, it really helped with the confidence but I don't know if I will do it again, I'm thinking that maybe it will make me dependant on doing the hypnosis every time before going out, like being dependant on alcool to feel more confident, what do you guys think ?

About the drills, I felt good being back on the program, smiled to every girl, every girls smiled back, and it made me happy that I didn't give up. I bitched out a couple of time but it's ok, I hope it will become less and less.

I fixed myself to do 2 sets of 4 drills in one hour and I did it, for now this will be my average, and time constraint, I will go out one hour every day and do 2 sets minimum, and with the time I will try to go faster and faster.

So that's it I'm back on track, tomorrow I'll doo the last 2 sets of day 8, good luck every one !

Ps: I saw Andy and Toast podcast about their AA Journey, was very motivating ! Here

Total number of interactions since Day 1: 84 (Feels good to see this number going up again)
Sam Jeu

Wed May 19, 2021 10:27 pm

Day 8b:

Today I did the rest of day 8, it took me a little more time than the other day, I bitched out a little more, but I finally finished a day after a long time without.

There is not a lot to say about the drills, I should just focus on trying to go faster next time.

Number of interactions since Day 1: 92
Sam Jeu

Fri May 21, 2021 4:31 pm

Day 9a:

Yesterday I did 2 sets of day 9, was very easy, got nice short interactions, nothing much to add, I have only like 20 minutes today to do some more so I will try to do the most I can.

Besides that, I wrote already about a girl I had a date with from OkCupis but nothing happened, yesterday night she sent me a message to come see her in a club even if we didn't talk for 2 weeks, I went, we talked about nothing for like 10 min then went back to my place and had sex, I did'nt have to do anything apparently she just wanted it haha.
So first lay from OkCupid, good ego boost but she was not really good at it.

Total Number of Interactions Since Day 1: 98
Sam Jeu

Mon May 24, 2021 5:06 pm

I've been sick since friday and couldn't go out so didn't do any drills.
I'm feeling a bit better I hope that tomorrow I will be able to go out !

Besides that: I just created a whatsapp group, for the people that are approximately on the same point as me like that we can motivate each other, so if you are between week 2 and 3 for as of right now or if you're done with the program and want to be a mentor for us, welcome, just write your name when you arrive and also your nickname from the forum
Link to enter the group
Sam Jeu

Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 pm

I didn't write much those last days, i was sick, then when I started feeling better it took me 2 days to do 3 sets of day 9, nothing special happened, i was a bit anxious, I'm not consistent enough those last weeks and also everytime I forget about the power of social momentum. Everytime I finish a set it reminds me of it, and it reminds me that the program is fun and that I should not give up.

We opened a whatsapp group for our AA cohort, Qtip, Cain, and Honeybadger, I hope it's going to help us and that we're all going to finish the program !

Today I went out to do day 11 (I'm skipping day 10 because movie theaters are closed and I'm not socially free enough yet to do something that weird, and last week this day made me stop for an entire week so now I just skip it), so today I was out for one hour, there were not a lot of girls I talked to only one and bitched out of 2 others, I'll do better tomorrow !

Total number of interactions since day 1: 107
offwego
Name: Asim
Goal: Beat AA

Sun May 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Day 10 was tough at first. I did that drill the day after the Oscars got like 17 views and hadn’t seen a movie in years but my good mood allowed me to blast through it. Don’t worry if it’s weird, only 1 girl gave me a recommendation.
Reach AA program milestone by Sunday Sept 26th
Toast

Mon May 31, 2021 5:05 am

I HIGHLY suggest you not to skip day 10

Thoughts like "skipping cuz its weird" will only harm you in the future and create bad habits where you may skip things because of similar thoughts. Just because previous drills took you a week is not an excuse to skip a drill.

You are doing the AA program to become socially free. So it makes sense that you think its hard.

Because you think its weird or hard to do is even more reason to do it. Anything that you think is difficult will only benefit you more to try. AA is not a race. Take as many days as necessary to complete the program. The more time you sit and feel the anxiety the more you will overcome it in the end. Everyone's progression through the program is different.

Other days do not make sense as well with the context of the pandemic, situation, etc. Follow the drills to the T, and do not deviate from the plan. High-5's for example are something that is seen as improper during the pandemic. Several people have already proved its possible.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Sam Jeu

Mon May 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Day 10:

Went out twice today, one time in the morning, one time in the evening, thanks guys for the tips and the encouragement, in the end I did day 10 and it was not difficult at all this time.

In the morning did 2 sets, people looked at me weird and didn't really want to talk but I didn't care I just wanted to be done with this day, the girls were not really attractive and not super nice

But in the evening I found some more attractive girls, they also seemed to not understand why I was asking about movie theaters but they went along with it, only 2 were talkative enought to give me recommandations (Or I should show a better mood I don't know, I really didn't want to do that day haha)

Anyway I'm happy to finally be at day 11 and to keep goiinngg !
Toast

Tue Jun 01, 2021 1:55 am

Atta boy! Great job doing day 10 even though you thought it was weird. In the end it probably wasn't as crazy or weird as you thought it might be. Generally its all in your head and you are just catastrophizing the situation.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Sam Jeu

Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:29 pm

Day 11a:

Went out, did only one set of drills, all the girls were nice, but still I could feel that something was off like they didn't understand why I was asking for a phone store, so yeah it's perfect to get used to it and enhance social freedom, still I have a hard time going out every day and I'm not sure if I see any improvement.

Also I feel that it's taking me too much time and that I'm not consistant enough so I don't build momentum and I don't feel change.

Are there people than finished the program after a lot of time and stayed on the same day for a week a couple of time and finished the program slowly without momentum ?
Any tips to be more consistent ?

Also, my lack of consistance in this program, is due to the lack of motivation in my studies in computer science, it takes me a lot of time and I procastinate a lot and then it pushes the program also, I have to find a solution.

Anyway, I keep pushing :)