Syd's Progress Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
TylerDurden1995
Name: S
Goal: Bulk Up
Motto: 'Fuck around and find out'

Thu May 20, 2021 5:29 pm

UPDATE 20: 20/05/2021

Lay Count: 1

Another milestone on the progress log posts today - I hit Day 20 This is quite a big deal for me as I have never really kept on with any self-improvement journey for more than a week or 2 at most for this long and have always faded out as my motivation has burned out.

Some days were only quick updates when I wasn't in the mood or tired, but I still have now posted for 20 consecutive days. I shall keep this up and carry on as I feel it is definitely helping.

I have gone to the gym again today:

Day 4/6 Gym Pledge now complete

Here's hoping I can get to day 6 and then I will look at doing a longer challenge/pledge - maybe 2 weeks or a month (with 1 rest day a week on Sundays and barring illness and injury).

I spent some money and went with a personal trainer before the very first lockdown who gave me 3 workouts to do but then the Gyms shut :roll: They are as follows:

Mondays and Thursdays: Chest and Triceps
Tuesdays and Fridays: Back and Biceps
Wednesdays and Saturdays: Legs and Shoulders
Sundays: Rest

I felt that the personal trainer was well worth the investment as I did not have a clue when I first started and ended up injuring my back through poor form.

Each workout basically gets repeated twice a week giving 3 days between each routine for my body to recover. I am going to go shopping tonight in preparation for my diet plan beginning next week and I shall weigh myself Sunday and take progress photographs.

Important Note: I am trying to Bulk up as much as possible as I have always been thin. It is only now that I have decided to seriously give it a go and put the effort in.

Also had a fairly productive day today. I did take a few hours to rest up mind and have a break, but I felt I needed this due to burnout.

- Woke up at 04:20 (blaze it!). I have started to get up a little earlier than my normal 04:30 as this gives me chance to get to the gym for about 5 - I can be out of there at 6 then when more users start showing up before work to workout. This is what works best for me as I hate crowded Gyms.

- Listened to Andy's Podcasts on the way to the Gym and whilst working out. It was a beautiful morning with a red/orange sky that looked almost apocalyptic! I stopped briefly for 5 minutes to admire it. Photo of this attached below - check it out!

- Had a coffee in my garden again. Rained today, but was nice to enjoy the calm while it lasted. Again really helping my mental health. I think deeply about things whilst I do this like where I am and where I want to go in life.

- I read through another chapter of my Stoicism book. The principles are starting to make sense and I shall try to start implementing these in my daily life and actions/thought processes.

- I have prepared my gym clothes for tomorrow.

- Decided not to meet my hook up Saturday night. Various reasons for this: Family are getting COVID jabs Saturday and had bad reactions last time, so I want to be around to help in case there's any adverse effects. Plus, I am pretty worried about wrecking my sleep pattern as I have just rest it for the gym. Getting laid is possibly going to take a back-burner for a little while until I get my body and mind in a better place. I shall ponder this over the next few days and look at maybe changing my main goal for 6 months or so then reassess.

- Took a couple hours off and watched The Mandalorian (needed a break as felt burnt out).

- I am going shopping shortly to buy food for my diet plan next week.

Photos have been posted for accountability purposes.

Thanks for reading

S.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TylerDurden1995

Fri May 21, 2021 7:41 pm

UPDATE 21 (BlackJack!): 21/05/2021

Gym Streak 5/6

Of my 6 day Gym pledge, I have now almost completed it. Just need to get up early tomorrow and hit the Gym again and that'll be 6 of 6.

'And then there were none'.

This will have been my longest Gym streak ever. For the past 10 years or so since I worked out on and off, I had a very serious case of 'Fuck-around-itis' and had no commitment whatsoever to my physical fitness and diet. Although a very small step towards acquiring the 'cure' to my 'Fuck-around-itis', I feel this is the start of a long journey. I am currently drafting a plan for where I want to be when I am 30 Years Old and physical fitness is currently the top priority to carry me through my 30's and 40's.

On another note, I bumped into a girl today who I took for a date once.

I worked with this girl a few years ago and she had a boyfriend. One day out of the blue, she asks me to go for a drink with her and says she's 'broken up' with her boyfriend.

She was kinda cute at the time and had an okay figure, blonde hair and was always sexually suggestive towards me at work (sticking tongue out, putting hands on me etc.) but I backed off at the time because I needed the money at this shit job and didn't wanna get fired plus as a man with some principles, I avoid chicks with boyfriends. In the run up to the date, she was hinting to a point that was blindingly obvious that she wanted to have some fun with me over text and in person.

To cut a long story short, she showed up in a tracksuit, little makeup, hair tied up and she played on her phone the whole night.

Me being a pathetic simp at the time, I tried to make it work, text back all the time, talked to her on the date and didn't confront her on her rude behaviours etc. So we parted ways at the end of the night and she made it clear that she 'wasn't feeling it'. At the time, I took this quite to heart as I hadn't been having much luck with the dating and was going through a few things which I may discuss at some point on here, but I don't feel ready to at this time.

Now, here's the part that pissed me off: I heard from another co-worker that she HADN'T in fact split up with her boyfriend and that they were merely 'on a break'. I'd been used as the rebound so she could make him feel jealous and brag 'I've been on a date!'. Following this, I cut contact and left her to it. Couple months go by, and she's pregnant - in order to 'improve' her bad relationship, she got knocked up 'by accident'.

I saw her today for the first time in years and no longer is she a kinda cute blonde: No makeup, lots of weight, dyed dark hair and she looks tired as hell.

So what happened when I saw her?

She was all over me.

Hugging me, making conversation, actively interested, questioning me why I hadn't text her back. I have matured a little since I saw her last - now got a decent beard, ear piercing, looks have improved, no acne, clothing/style improvements, accessories, haircut etc.

All she did was complain about her boyfriend, how tired she was as she now has to work 2 jobs due to having a child and questioned why I hadn't got into contact (she gave me her number a while back - I threw it away and didn't even bother texting).

A few interesting observations here:

- She recognised and approached me first.
- I pulled away when she tried to hug me (Years ago I woulda welcomed any physical contact with a chick).
- She was flirting a lot despite having a child and boyfriend still.
- She was inquiring whether I had my own place *Hint* *Hint*.
- She got slightly pissed when I said I'm moving away and she suggested I 'come say goodbye' - 'Probably won't have time' I replied.
- Tried to walk away several times as I wasn't interested at all and she kept following me.
- I was negging her, teasing and acting uninterested and she loved it.

Now she was no longer in top condition and trapped in an unhappy relationship, I was suddenly an attractive prospect.

What a role reversal from a couple years ago.

Needless to say, I won't be getting involved with this chick at all. Made me feel good though to walk away and reaffirmed that I am no longer the Simp I was in my late teens and very early 20's 8-)

I won the long game on that one.

Anyway, just an interesting story I wanted to log for future reference. I look forward to reading back over these in the future.

Today I:

- Woke up at 04:15. Rolled outta bed at 25 past. Didn't sleep great, but hoping to get an early night as soon as I've posted this.

- Hit the Gym for 05:00. Listened to Andy's Podcasts on the walk down and whilst working out.

- Had coffee in my garden again - really enjoying these.

- Did 3 Hours paid work - quite productive today.

- Met a buddy for lunch. Discussed Red Pill Theory, Gym, Relationships, Girls and lent him my copy of 'The Rational Male'. Felt good to hang out in a bar/restaurant again. Damn Lockdown :roll:

On a side note, I sent him across Andy's Tinder guide a couple weeks back and he said that he was using it and having some modest success. Shout out to Andy for this one. Thanks Brother - you helped another guy in his time of need after he went through a bad breakup and has started to get back out there into the world of internet dating @KillYourInnerLoser :arrow_up:

- Prepped my Gym clothes for tomorrow.

- Read through some of my Stoicism book. Pretty beat though so I'll carry on tomorrow.

- Gave thanks to and posted on @honeybadger's log. He's doing some good work with his AA program and I look forward to seeing his future updates and posts.

Photos have been posted below for accountability purposes.

Thanks for reading.

S
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TylerDurden1995

Sat May 22, 2021 7:30 pm

UPDATE 22: 22/05/2021

Gym Pledge: 6/6

Gym sub goal now complete - I got up at 4:30 A.M for 6 consecutive days and went to the Gym. I will now take tomorrow off as my rest day as planned.

This was a real big initial step and I am now going to set another sub-goal in the coming days (perhaps to hit the Gym for 2 weeks straight taking Sundays as rest days).

Also today I went on a Tinder date which went very well.

I've been a little anxious about meeting someone else since my fiasco with a psycho bitch who left me stranded in the middle of Bum Fuck nowhere and sent through a load of abuse for no reason a week or two ago (see previous posts on this log). This however is a defeatist attitude/mindset and by giving in to this, I am effectively letting her win.

So I thought Fuck that bitch and met this girl today 8-)

And I'm glad I did. She's a cute blonde who's 35, but looks 25. This suits me fine as although there's an age gap, young chicks have always messed me around, ghosted and not been completely honest - see a couple of my previous posts on here for evidence.
She's got her own place, likes her independence, doesn't complain or blow up my phone if I don't text back for a couple days either: She's got her shit going on and I got mine. She doesn't want anything serious by the sounds of things as she likes her independence and so do I. Spent 2 hours with her and had coffee and good conversation.

We even swapped books as we both have an interest in Philosophy and Psychology. She seems a cool chick and the conversation flowed. Says she wants to hang again, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up - @play_time_is_over, still taking your advice into account ;)

I'll hang with her another time if she does decide she wants to and then on the 3rd date, I'll see about heading back to her place (I have a 3 date rule which I think is fair and reasonable) so I'll keep this log updated going forward. I did genuinely enjoy her company.

Here's a breakdown of today:

- Woke up at 04:30 and rolled outta bed at 04:40 - It's Saturday, so I wasn't exactly in a rush as the Gym's dead at 05:00.

- Had a slow walk down to the gym and worked out. Left at 06:00.

- Had the Tinder date.

- Read another chapter of my Stoicism book on the way home.

- Posted on @Sin Silver's log - he's been doing some good work in the Gym like me this week.

That's it for today really - took a break kind of but still got stuff done as it's been a long ass week.

Photos have been posted below for accountability purposes.

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Sun May 23, 2021 5:06 pm

UPDATE 23: 23/05/2021

Current Weight: 10 St. 13 lbs.

After a great deal of consideration over the past couple of days and identifying several issues from the various Tinder dates I have been on, I have decided to change my current goal from 'Getting Laid' to 'Bulking Up'.

Today I took a break from the gym (as planned) and went on a few walks to think deeply before making my decision.

As you will have seen from my previous logs, I have been attracting low quality women who are just generally shitty people who do shitty things.

In order to attract better quality women and make things work for me, I have decided to focus on my Gym workout, diet, and looks/style.

This is something I shall dynamically review going forward. I am moving away come September for my University degree and I will have my own place and will be in a city which means much better prospects and more females. I may therefore decide to postpone trying to get laid until then.

I shall continue dating the one girl I have seen recently (cute blonde) as she seemed very on my level and was respectful. I got good vibes from her and she didn’t act like the previous idiots I’ve seen.

I have done the following today as a result of my decision:

- Deleted all dating apps that I am on - POF, Tinder, Badoo and Bumble.

- Have decided not to actively seek out anyone else either electronically or by means of cold approach.

- Spoken to several girls that I have been speaking to and explained I am not going to be meeting for the foreseeable. Felt better to do this than just ghost as I would've done years ago.

- Focused on my diet today and did some meal prep ready for the coming week.

Today I have also:

- Woke up at 05:30 - took an extra hour to help my sleep and as part of my Gym rest day.

- Listened to several of Andy's Podcasts.

- Had my morning coffee outside.

- Got my workout clothes ready for tomorrow.

- Weighed myself and took progress pics.

And that's it for me today - short and sweet, but a crucial decision has now been made.

No photos for today as I've taken a break from my computer/phone except for this update.

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Mon May 24, 2021 5:33 pm

UPDATE 24: 24/05/2021

New Gym Streak Challenge: 7/12 Days

Bit of a bad day today not gonna lie.

I've got some other things going on at the minute which I can't discuss, but a few things happened today which pissed me off:

- Had a dream about my ex last night. Broke up late last year due to other people getting involved and interfering with our relationship which put a strain on it and caused trust issues. I'll tell the story one day when I'm ready about the 'nice guy beta cuck' guy friend of hers who pretended to be my secret girlfriend and used another phone and a WhatsApp message generator to message her. Broke my heart that it was other people who just didn't seem to want us to be happy together and felt that I wasn't good enough for her as opposed to me Fucking up.

- Was in the Gym early and ran into 3 assholes I went to school with - all bullies. Thought by going at that time I'd avoid these dipshits, but no such luck.

- Cute Blonde who I took for coffee the weekend has said she doesn't see a romantic connection and just wants to be 'Friends' - Fuck that :roll:

- Started my diet plan which is good, but I've still felt sick all day as I'm not used to eating this much.

- The general bullshit I've had to put up with over the past couple of weeks.

I have these days sometimes where things pile on top of me and the depression creeps back in. Thoughts of what could have been and how things could've gone better. The Stoicism book helps, but words on a page are a lot different than lived experiences.

I did however:

- Get up early and hit the Gym.

- Been listening to Andy's Podcasts - helped take my mind off things.

- Prepped my Gym clothes for Tomorrow.

- Hit my bulk diet.

- Have been posting to other member's progress logs/posts with words of support and encouragement.

- Have been for a walk earlier to clear my head.

Few photos below for accountability purposes etc. but I'm really not feeling it today. Gonna head out for another walk and maybe get an early night see if tomorrow goes any better.

Wish me luck.

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Tue May 25, 2021 5:35 pm

UPDATE 25: 25/05/2021

Gym Goals:8/12

Feeling a bit better today. I've found that music is really helping me out. Just put my earphones in and Tune out 8-)

As I said yesterday I'm working through a few things lately which I can't discuss, but are causing me a bit of grief. Another week or so and I should be back to normal once they have been resolved. As such, my motivation and drive has definitely taken a hit. Trying not to let things get to me, but easier said than done.

I may discuss these more in-depth at some point, but to cut it short, I've had a bit of grief from girls I've dated on Tinder. Various issues over the past few weeks which has now lead up to my decision to delete ALL dating site memberships. Just been problem after problem with a string of low-quality women who have done pretty shitty things. I'm gonna sit this one out for a while and come back in a couple months when I'm going to be living in a new city.

I have however managed to get a few things done today and hope to be back to normal and more productive from next week:

- Woke up at 04:15.

- Went to the Gym.

- Had coffee in my garden.

- Did 4 hours paid work.

- Kept (mostly) to my bulk diet.

That's it for today. Might go for a walk soon. As a bare minimum, I'll keep hitting the gym. No photos as I just can't be bothered.

Regards

S.
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm

Good luck with the bulk and keep on hitting the gym. Remember that bulking takes a long time. If you want to take a break from dating apps go ahead, but I'd recommend you start dating again once you've got a few weeks of diet and gym compliance going. Because once you've got the habits in place, there's not much you can do to make it faster. You're just letting the process work at that point.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
TylerDurden1995

Wed May 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Adam wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 3:19 pm
Good luck with the bulk and keep on hitting the gym. Remember that bulking takes a long time. If you want to take a break from dating apps go ahead, but I'd recommend you start dating again once you've got a few weeks of diet and gym compliance going. Because once you've got the habits in place, there's not much you can do to make it faster. You're just letting the process work at that point.
Hey Adam

Thanks for the advice mate. I've had a few things going on with girls I've met from Tinder and the with the one girl it's turned into a bit of a nightmare, so I'm taking a 1 month Sabbatical from all the apps.

I'll give it 30 days and then see how I feel. As a minimum, I'm getting in the Gym every day (except Sundays) and keeping up with the workout programme I'm on as I don't want to lose the progress on this.

Thanks for the support - much appreciated

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Wed May 26, 2021 5:14 pm

UPDATE 26: 26/05/2021

Gym Goal: 9/12

Been up and down today, but hoping I'll be back to normal next week and I can hit the ground running again. Got some bullshit going on at the minute which I'm working through, but should be sorted very soon so I can move on.

- Woke up at 04:30.

- Hit the Gym for 05:10.

- Back on the diet - going fairly well.

- Listened to several of Andy's Podcasts - these are really helping me get through the day.

- Packed my Gym clothes for tomorrow.

- Did some gardening.

- May go for a walk in an hour to clear my head and get out of the house.

That's it for today folks. Might have an hour or two on the Xbox tomorrow to keep my mind off things. Haven't played it in months as I have been trying to focus on my goals, so might take a break.

From next week, I'll look at doing more in-depth updates once my head is in the right place.

Thanks for reading.

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Thu May 27, 2021 6:14 pm

UPDATE 27: 27/05/2021

Just a quick one today

- Woke up at 04:30

- Hit the gym at 05:00

- Listened to some of Andy’s podcasts.

Will post more after this weekend

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Fri May 28, 2021 8:06 pm

UPDATE 28: 28/05/2021

Just a quick one again - got a bit upset today. Taking some time off for self-care until my head is in a better place. Updates to follow

S.
TylerDurden1995

Sat May 29, 2021 8:31 pm

UPDATE 29: 29/05/2021

Have I got a story for you!

Some of you may have read my previous logs and seen that I haven't been having a very good time lately which ultimately culminated in me deleting all my Online Dating accounts, ruining my Gym progress and having a full on breakdown last night.

Last week I got a text out of the blue from someone I dated last month: 'You've given me the clap'.

'Oh Fuck.' I thought.

After initially panicking and calming myself down, I text back and said I'd get a test. This was a Fucking ball ache as due to COVID, walk-in clap clinics are all closed and I couldn't get a test as 'I'm over 25 now'. The healthcare system in this country is a complete Fucking joke to say the least.

Eventually, I thought 'Fuck it' and paid for a private test. Again due to COVID, this took from Saturday to yesterday to get my results. Now I've always been careful and rubber up when dating girls, but the thoughts were still there. I started to believe this girl and thought I'd had a disease for a couple of years and that I'd maybe passed it on to my ex. I kept thinking I'd have to contact her and tell her and how I'd never forgive myself.

This just kept bringing up painful memories for me throughout the week and I've been very depressed as a result. I didn't properly process our breakup last year due to other things going on at home, so this hit me like a ton of bricks.

After freaking out for almost 7 days, I got the result back: Negative.

I sent it to this chick as proof, told her not to contact me again and then blocked her.

If I had to guess, I think she was seeing someone else around the same time or just before. I picked this up from subtle cues in the conversations I'd been having with her e.g. 'I need to know if it's you'.

I had a brief argument with my father last night, but things are okay today once we had it out. The stress of the week really got to me and I had a complete breakdown last night and lost it.

I've struggled with depression, anxiety and PTSD for many years and this just tipped me over the edge.

I woke up today feeling a bit better, but have decided to take this weekend off and give myself some self-care. I'm gonna get back in the Gym next week and re-start my streak - at least I went 4 times this week and worked through the routines once, so I shouldn't lose much in the way of gains. Sleep pattern is Fucked now though as I couldn't get out of bed for a couple of days.

Thanks to @Adam, @Master and @play_time_is_over for the continued support and advice.

I'll get back on it Monday then update here.

Regards,

S.
Master
Name: Maxime
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Stay hard - David Goggins

Sat May 29, 2021 11:26 pm

It's only a bump in the road to success. I've been fortunate enough to not experience any kind of depression or PTSD, except for pretty heavy high school bullying that I grew out of eventually, so I couldn't fully understand how you feel or react to certain events. I certainly hope you get better and keep crushing it. Don't give up we are always here if you want any help and don't worry about tagging me, since it's pretty hard keeping track of everyone's log and shit while also doing my stuff. Hope you get well soon friend. Get a massage if you can like Andy's said in one of his last videos, I'll get one soon too.

Cheers!
Short term goals
[*] Take awesome tinder photos ✅
[*] Reach 175lbs (currently 178)
[*] 5 lays by the end 2021 (12/5) ✅
[*] 20 lays by the end 2021 (12/20)

Long term goals
[*] Beat AA program (Started June 5)
[*] 10-12% bodyfat
[*] 25 Lifetime Lays (15/30)
TylerDurden1995

Sun May 30, 2021 7:43 pm

UPDATE 30: 30/05/2021

Weight: 11 Stone 1 lb.

Hey folks

After my week from hell, (see previous posts) and taking a weekend off to recover from the general drama I’ve experienced this past month, I am now ready to get back on it.

I left the house this morning after being shut up in my bedroom all weekend feeling depressed. I took a shower, got changed and then went to my local McDonalds. I had a coffee and sat outside on a bench in the sunshine.

With my earphones in playing some relaxing ambience from my favourite Xbox game, I sat and reflected on things whilst I drank my coffee.

I realised that the only person getting hurt by moping around is myself. Sitting around reading comic books and thinking about shit that wasn’t my fault will just halt my progress towards my personal goals.

Plus, I’m letting these people win by doing this.

Getting in the gym, studying, reading and running however will get me towards my goals.

I am done being a victim and feeling inadequate all the time.

I’m not ready to start dating yet, but will focus on the above first for a couple months and then review it. Had too much of a nightmare with things recently to want to jump straight back in.

Being stood up, cheated on and almost given the clap has put me off for a while to say the least!

I shall be going to the Gym tomorrow and will make this my mission. I will also try to go for a run/jog/walk depending on how I feel.

I’m now in bed typing this post up and will get an early night as soon as this is submitted.

I have weighed myself as per above as I said I would do this every Sunday.

I shall start taking photos again from tomorrow for accountability purposes.

Here’s hoping I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to hit it.

Thanks for reading - I wouldn’t be ready to hit it again without the support from some of the guys on here.

Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Mon May 31, 2021 10:08 pm

UPDATE 31: 31/05:2021

Hey folks

I went to the gym today. Was still pretty depressed but I went anyway and I’m taking little steps towards getting better.

Got work tomorrow and I’m gonna try and be as productive as I can be.

Update to follow

Regards,

S.