Syd's Progress Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
play_time_is_over
Name: Simon
Goal: 30 Lays
Motto: Doing something badly is better than doing nothing

Mon May 10, 2021 1:04 am

Hope it goes well with the girl.
Goal: 12 / 30 lifetime lays.

Stats: 6'5" - 88kg - 32 years old.
TylerDurden1995
Name: S
Goal: Bulk Up
Motto: 'Fuck around and find out'

Mon May 10, 2021 7:49 pm

UPDATE 10:10/05/2021

Hey Folks,

Update number 10 from me - double digits already!

After recently listening to Andy's Podcast on Tinder Burnout (well worth a listen) I identified some of the behaviours he mentioned i.e. constantly checking Tinder and getting frustrated with swiping right to a point where I was doing it multiple times a day. As per the podcast, I have been turned off notifications for Tinder and I am now checking it twice a day only. If anything, this had made chicks More interested! This relates to the Dating Essentials book I am reading. I am definitely seeing the links from Andy's work and the material I am currently reading. More details on this below.

Today's update:

- Woke up at 04:30. Again I felt okay and this is starting to become a habit.

- Read another chapter of the Dating Essentials book. This chapter talked about Tinder and online dating and how being 'too available' (replying quick) is a nice guy behaviour and turns women off. Having a life outside of Tinder is what attracts women to you. I have attached a screenshot message as proof of this below from a recent conversation. now only check Tinder twice a day (morning and night) for 10-15 minutes each time where I'll reply to messages from girls that look good/interest me. Being in control rather than letting it control me for the sake of a dopamine hit.

- Sat outside and drank my morning coffee (05:30). Might make a habit out of this as taking in the fresh air is doing wonders for me I find.

- E-mailed my future course leader to ask about pre-reads for my upcoming degree so I can get a head start.

- Listened to another episode of Andy's Inner Winner Show Podcast.

- Went clothes shopping and bought some more gym stuff, a cool t-shirt and some black and white Converse Hi-Tops as part of my alternative/rocker-boy style.

- Went and looked at some DSLR cameras to get some ideas. May buy one used and get it cheap to play around with first as they are quite expensive new.

- Ordered some more BDSM Gear/toys (Including the DOXXY magic wand recommended by Andy). Should be here in time for the weekend - will give it a try if it is and report back here!

- No-Fap still going strong and I feel much better physically and mentally.

- Chatted to a chick on Tinder. Potentially another lay next week, but too early to tell. Will see how this pans out and take it from there.

And that's it for my update today

Photos have been posted below for accountability purposes.

Thanks for reading

Syd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TylerDurden1995

Tue May 11, 2021 8:20 pm

Hey folks

Just a quick one today. Had a busy weekend and Monday, so took today as a bit of a recovery and rested after work. Here’s a very quick update!

- Woke up at 04:30 again. Not too bad this morning.

- Read another book chapter.

- Chilled in my garden early morning again with my coffee.

- Did 4 hours work.

- Sorted my new clothes.

- No Fap still going strong!

- Listened to an episode of Andy’s podcast

And not much else!

I’ll have more tomorrow as I’m planning on being productive now I’m rested.

Thanks for reading

Syd
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TylerDurden1995

Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 pm

Hey Folks

Busy but fairly productive day today - made some progress and fell behind at the same time, but it’s all a learning curve and I’m staying positive.

- Woke up at 04:30.

- Read another chapter of my book.

- Took some time to reflect in my garden early morning again.

- Relapsed on No Fap - made it to 6 days and didn’t binge, so seeing this as a marathon not a sprint! Started again straight after.

- Went for a walk to clear my head.

- Ironed my clothes ready for the weekend.

- Bought some accessories to go with my new style (online). Photos to follow in the coming days.

And that’s it for today.

Thanks for reading

Syd
TylerDurden1995

Thu May 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Hey Folks,

As well as a daily log, I'd appreciate some opinions: bought some accessories that arrived today, any thoughts please let me know!

Here is my update from today:

- Woke up at 04:30 again - didn't sleep great last night, so almost killed me, but I did it.

- Read 2 more chapters of my Dating Essentials book.

- Did 3 hours work.

- Arranged a Tinder date for next week - cute blonde. Been using the techniques learning in the Dating Essentials book e.g. not replying too quickly, telling not asking, testing for interest etc. These seem to be working very well. Will update once I have the date on how it goes.

- Cleaned and tidied my room.

- Will go for a walk shortly to get some fresh air and stretch my legs.

- Listened to another episode of Andy’s Podcast.

Also, my accessories arrived in the post. Feel free to take a look! Feedback welcomed.

- Glasses
- Wallet chain
- Bracelet
- Bar pendant necklace
- Coach belt

Also included my current watch (Planning on buying a decent dress watch once I have the money) and ear piercing.

Heading away for the weekend to a cool chick's place to experiment and have some fun. Lay 2 pretty much guaranteed. Updates to follow early next week!

Thanks for reading!

Syd
TylerDurden1995

Fri May 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Hey folks

Bit of a story for you today on how I got stood up.

So I’ve mentioned in my previous posts how I’d set up a lay for this weekend. Packed my bag and headed to her town on the train. Travelled for 2 hours and spent 50 bucks to meet this chick for the weekend.

Gets to the station and text ‘I’m here’. Suddenly, I get a WhatsApp message through: ‘Now you can take your ass back home.’

WTF?!

She then sends through a loaf of abuse about how I’ve got small man syndrome (I’m 6 foot 1’ hmm) and that I have it coming. Literally said nothing bad at all to this Crazy bitch!

Then, WhatsApp profile pic completely disappears. Texts don’t go through or nothing. So I’m currently on the way home - 6 hours travelling in total and 60 bucks worse off (Bought a sandwich and some water for the journey back).

Thought I’d share this story with you all. Not letting it knock me back though 8-)

On a positive note, managed to listen to quite a few of Andy’s podcasts whilst travelling. Chalking this up to a lesson learned - meet local and screen!

Still, bit of a dick move from this Crazy Bitch!

I’m getting back in the gym next week to blow off some steam. Gonna build myself up before I meet anyone :twisted:

Thanks for reading and listening to me rant!

Photo attached of me on the train :)

Thanks for reading!

Syd
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 pm

Sounds like you matched with a weird chick who's got some issues and took them out on you. Or maybe one of her girlfriends got ahold of her phone and decided to be an asshole. Who knows v :D v
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
TylerDurden1995

Fri May 14, 2021 5:43 pm

Adam wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:43 pm
Sounds like you matched with a weird chick who's got some issues and took them out on you. Or maybe one of her girlfriends got ahold of her phone and decided to be an asshole. Who knows v :D v
Yeah man I think she had some issues - been chatting a few weeks, but chalking it up to experience. Fucking crazy bitch - probably did me a favour in the long run. Oh well 8-)
TylerDurden1995

Sat May 15, 2021 7:41 pm

UPDATE 15: 15/05/2021

Hey Folks,

Hope you're all doing well.

Titled this post as 'a bit down' because well, I am!

If you've read my previous post, you'll see I had to put up with a lot of bullshit yesterday from a crazy bitch which culminated in me getting stood up and stranded at some train station in the middle of BUM FUCK NOWHERE! and sent a load of abuse before being blocked by said crazy bitch!

7 HOURS (train delays) and 50 bucks later, I eventually got home late at night and crashed in bed (I still got up at 04:30 on the day).

However, this was far from over: I woke up this morning to yet more abuse! I had been unblocked by crazy bitch during the night and she sent more of her bullshit texts and then blocked me again! :roll: I have now blocked this chick and have no idea what her problem was or what I did to upset her.

As I said yesterday, quite a learning curve here: Screen and meet/stay local. A mistake which cost me 50 bucks and my time. One which I sure as hell won't be making again any time soon!

Add to this a few various problems going on at home and I haven't really had a fun couple of days! :?

Today I think is the comedown from the bullshit that happened yesterday. Despite this, I still got a bit done which I'm happy with:

- Woke up at 04:30 (Trust me on this one: After yesterday, I sure as hell didn't want to) and rolled out of bed at 04:39.

- Read another chapter of the Dating Essentials Book - this one was about spotting red flags. Appropriate after yesterday's 'comedy of errors'!

- Drank my morning coffee in my garden. Helped clear my head a little.

- Went for a long walk to the gym. Still without a car, so wanted to see how quick I could walk to the gym. Did it in 20 minutes. This could be an option for this coming week - can't let not having a car stop me!

- Listened to a lot of Andy's podcasts whilst on my long walk and at home.

- Arranged another date for Saturday (This chick seems a lot nicer, but meeting locally and not working my ass off for her being a simp!).

And that's it from me today guys. Gonna get an early night and hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow! Going to do some self-care and looking after myself, starting with sleeping early tonight.

Thanks for reading and listening to me rant!

S
Last edited by TylerDurden1995 on Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
play_time_is_over
Name: Simon
Goal: 30 Lays
Motto: Doing something badly is better than doing nothing

Sun May 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Well that took an unexpected turn with the crazy girl :)

That's why you don't count lays until after they happen, don't want to jinx them ;)

Sounds like a super random encounter, but you seem to be taking it in stride, funny story.
Goal: 12 / 30 lifetime lays.

Stats: 6'5" - 88kg - 32 years old.
TylerDurden1995

Sun May 16, 2021 2:18 pm

play_time_is_over wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 12:57 pm
Well that took an unexpected turn with the crazy girl :)

That's why you don't count lays until after they happen, don't want to jinx them ;)

Sounds like a super random encounter, but you seem to be taking it in stride, funny story.
Hey man yeah I think she's got some issues - glad they surfaced earlier on. She struck me as the type of girl who'd pick the condom out the bin after and try and baby trap you or some shit.

Lesson definitely learned - I won't be counting me chickens before they hatch again or however the saying goes!

Yeah trying to to see the funny side of it and if nothing else, it's been an interesting story to tell me mates. I text me best mate at the time and he gave me a ring to see if I was alright - helped me see and realise what a top bloke he is :)

Obviously won't mention her name or her details as I'm not a shitty person like she is. I was a little pissed off at the time, but I laughed it off and it's all an experience/learning curve 8-)

Got another date lined up for Saturday and I've screened her. We meeting local too so there won't be much of a loss if I get stood up again!

I used to live in the past and let shit like that bother me, but now I look to the future and move on. All in all, I feel a lot better today and I've been working on my goals so that's always a win.

Thanks for reading and for your support - much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

S
TylerDurden1995

Sun May 16, 2021 2:55 pm

Update 16: 16/05/2021

Lay Count: 1

Hey Folks!

I hope you're all doing well. After a couple of shitty days, I'm feeling much better and have been looking after myself today. This has definitely improved my mental health and has stopped me from spiralling downward. Today I have made sure I ate plenty, drank enough water and looked after myself sleep wise. Also carried on working towards my goals - update below.

- Woke up at 05:30 - I know my watch says earlier, but I went back to bed for an hour and my later alarm went off. Didn't sleep great last night and that extra hour this morning really helped. Back to 04:30 tomorrow though!

- Finished the Dating Essentials book - definitely something I will keep around for reference. Would highly recommend this if you haven't already read it.

- My internet provider has recently made adjustments to it's security/firewall setting, so I couldn't access Andy's website or these forums :roll: Took action by buying a SurfShark VPN for 2 years at a discounted price. I have wanted one of these for a while and I can now access Andy's website and the forums. Instead of giving up on my goals when I hit an obstacle, I instead try to find a workaround and implement it like I have done here.

- I have gotten my gym clothes ready for tomorrow and packed my gym bag. Just as with the above, I encountered the obstacle of being without a car, but have now found a solution (just walk to the gym) instead of giving up. This will potentially also help with my cardio too and give me a baseline, slowly working towards another of my goals.

- I went for a long walk today and listened to my ambient music/soundtracks to unwind and clear my head. This helped a lot.

- I have listened to quite a few of Andy's podcasts today both whilst on my walk and whilst at home. This has helped me feel a lot better.

And that's it for today's update. Back to the gym tomorrow for just a light workout to get back into it and get reacquainted with my new gym. Anything heavier and I fear I'll be out of action for a week - I haven't worked out in so long due to the Government, in it's infinite wisdom, keeping gyms and fitness centres shut during a time where a virus has been severely affecting unfit people :roll: I digress.

I'm now going to start putting my lay count at the start of my posts to remind me and help me keep track of my main goal.

Thanks for reading,

S
TylerDurden1995

Mon May 17, 2021 4:20 pm

Update 17: 17/05/2021

Hey Folks

As the title says it was my first time back in the gym this morning - I went at 05:10 and did a light workout for an hour to get back into it. Thought I'd share a little story on what has motivated me to get back into working out.

About a month or two ago before I came and started posting on the KYIL forums, I met a chick for a Tinder date. She was giving me high interest indicators etc. over text and things were going well. Met her for a coffee date in person and she immediately became disinterested after seeing me. Her face almost 'dropped'.

After sticking around for a little while, I at first thought this girl was giving me 'shit-tests' which I can deal with and know how to pass, but I quickly realised she was actually just being downright rude and acting like a bitch: She called me 'Mr. Scrawny' several times, told me that I was 'too nice' and that she 'only dates dickheads'. I recently listened to Andy's Podcast on shit-tests and this just reaffirmed for me that it was purely shitty attitude and not any tests.

Needless to say, said date didn't last much longer after this shitty attitude. I was told by her not long after via text that she 'didn't feel a spark'. I didn't bother replying. The thing that got to me was the 'Mr. Scrawny' comments. Historically, I have always struggled with weight gain due to having kidney disease when I was a teenager.

I lost a lot of weight and ended up in hospital and I have always struggled to put this weight back on. This is not the first time that my weight has bothered me. People have made comments over the years and due to my slim stature, people likely think they can get away with a lot more with me as regards to taking the piss: Would you rather pick on the bodybuilder or kid that's built like a rake?

My family has also made the odd passing comment towards my weight over the years which hasn't really helped and just made me want to stay thin to spite everyone and 'rebel' like a dumbass :roll: not realising the only person who’s getting done over is myself.

I decided this date was the last straw.

I was a bit pissed off, considering this girl had gained a fair bit of weight over lockdown and I could have been a lot nastier back and made some comments of my own, but I'm not that kind of guy.

I'm not a bad guy, but I'm not a ‘nice guy’ either - I'd say I'm decent and a ‘recovering nice guy’ after reading the book recommended by Andy ‘No More Mr. Nice Guy’.

This girl and her comments may have actually done me a favour and pushed me to get back into the gym and set up a diet plan. I know it's going to be a pain in the ass eating more and heading to the gym, but I'll keep at it and post my progress here. I'm also going to start weighing myself and may even take a few progress selfies to see how I look and allow for future comparisons. If I have the balls, I’ll post them here, but I’m still debating this. I’ll think on it a while longer.

An important note: I'm doing the Gym/Weight gain for me not for validation. This chick's comments was just the spark that I needed to get the fire going 8-)

Thanks for reading my little story.

On a side note, a few people have been commenting on here with messages of support which I am highly grateful for. Going forward, I shall now endeavour to emulate this and comment on at least 1 post a day to help support other members of this forum. I feel guilty and like I’m not being fair receiving encouragement yet not giving out any myself.

Here's my update from today:

- Woke up at 04:30 - Straight out of bed after my extra hour in bed yesterday and despite being woken up by a family member in the night to sort something - up and at em'!

- Went to the Gym and got there about 05:15 (25 minute walk). The gym wasn't busy at all unsurprisingly except for a few guys here and there. Interestingly enough, you don't have to wear a mask in there whilst working out! First building where I haven't had to in a long while and it honestly felt amazing. I enjoyed this rare 'privilege'. Did Chest and Triceps today which went well - light workout for the first one back. Will gradually increase so as to not kill myself - it is only my inner loser I wish to kill!

- Listened to Andy's Podcasts on the way to the Gym and back.

- Had coffee in my garden again whilst taking in the air.

- Started a new book on Stoicism. Definitely an area I have an interest in. Read 1 chapter and will aim to read a chapter a day. Picked this copy up cheap on eBay used, but in good condition, so a good spend of a few bucks.

- Started learning coding for my upcoming Computer Science Course.

- Packed my gym clothes ready for tomorrow.

- Went shopping and bought a dark denim jacket (as part of my rocker style) and a grey vest I liked (bonus as was on sale for cheap). Saw a denim I liked in Levi's the other week, but couldn't justify spending 80 bucks. Picked this one up for 20 and it looks similar. Can't complain 8-)

And that's it for today.

Thanks for reading - bit of a long one, but wanted to get it off my chest.

Kind Regards,

S.
TylerDurden1995

Tue May 18, 2021 5:47 pm

UPDATE 18: 18/05/2021

Got up early and went to the gym again today so that's 2 days in a row. I am now going to set myself a mini-challenge:

I pledge that I will go to the gym 6 times in a row this week taking Sunday as my rest day.

2/6

Let's see if I can make it to the end. Today was Back and Bicep and I am aching all over, especially as I did Chest and Triceps yesterday. Leg day tomorrow. Still taking it fairly easy as it has been over a year since I last set foot in a gym, but my light workouts are still 50 minutes of hard work and I am feeling it, so must be doing something right.

Here is my update for today:

- Woke up just before 04:30.

- Listened to Andy's podcasts whilst walking to the Gym and working out.

- Took a break in my garden and had my morning coffee whilst taking time to reflect. This is doing wonders for my mental health.

- Packed my gym clothes for tomorrow.

- Did 4 hours paid work.

- Started reading some more of my book, but had to cut off due to work running over. Will finish the chapter later in bed tonight.

- Will go for a walk after dinner to clear my head if it stops raining - currently in the midst of a beautiful thunderstorm!

- Will look for a post to comment on after I have posted this as per what I mentioned yesterday and not feeling right getting support from other members of the forum but not giving any out myself.

And that's it for today's update. Just mostly focusing on getting back into the gym: Even if the workouts are light, I want to get into the routine of getting up early and going 6 days a week in the morning. Next focus will be diet and increasing workout intensity. After that it'll be cardio.

Was gonna do some coding today, but I've been getting computer headaches from work, so this will be on the list for tomorrow and photos posted when done for accountability.

Have also made the decision that I will start weighing myself from this coming Sunday along with taking progress pics (shirtless). I will hold off on posting these on here though for privacy reasons. You may have also noticed that I cropped my picture and have started using just my initial. This is nothing personal. Just don't want people looking me up.

Unfortunately, I live in a small town which sadly has a small-town mentality common amongst many of it's denizens :roll: and I wouldn't want certain idiots finding me on here as I am aware folks can do it through a quick Google search if they know what to specifically look for and what terms to input.

I'd rather limit the possibility of being found for my peace of mind 8-) Funny how people who were pathetic bullies in high school can't seem to be anything else other than just that! I have been stung by idiots on the internet before - Might even tell the story on one of my progress logs if anyone's interested. I could do with getting it off my chest being honest.

It involves my ex-girlfriend, a jealous beta-boy cuck guy friend, his brother's phone and a fake WhatsApp message generator app used to send messages from my 'secret girlfriend' :lol: Lol.

Sadly, even after all these years, people I went to school with who stuck around the area still have a hard time letting things go and I have no doubt my thoughts on here would end up shared all over many of the local idiots Social Media accounts.

Had to get those thoughts off my chest 8-)

Thanks for reading!

S
TylerDurden1995

Wed May 19, 2021 5:35 pm

UPDATE 19: 19/05/2021

Despite being tired and not sleeping well last night, I still pushed through and managed to get to the Gym again carrying on with my pledge I made yesterday to get to the Gym 6 days in a row. Leg day was a killer! :twisted:

Gym Streak: 3/6

Also in the process of arranging a lay for Saturday night after I've met another Tinder date for coffee in the afternoon, although I'm not expecting or counting anything yet until it happens due to my experience with the crazy bitch last week! Big shout out to member @play_time_is_over for the advice on this and not counting my lay before it happens! Pray for sunshine, but prepare for rain :lol: Updates to follow Sunday :arrow_up:

Despite being really tired today, I managed to get a fair bit done:

- Woke up at 04:30.

- Got to the gym at 05:20. It was foggy as Fuck this morning, but I still walked there and didn't let it stop me. Just took my sweet ass time and went slow as I didn't fancy getting hit by a car on the way down. Couldn't see a hand in front of my face for the first 10 minutes or so! Thankfully it started to clear shortly into my journey. Photo of the fog below. Saw an old school bully in the Gym and totally blanked him. This relates to what I was discussing in my previous post about the small town mentality. Guy's still an asshole even 10 years later :roll:

- Listened to Andy's Podcasts whilst on my way to, at, and on the way back from the gym. Blasted through a fair few of these today 8-)

- Had my morning coffee in my garden again. This again is very peaceful and works wonders for my mood. Will become part of my morning routine now I think.

- Read another chapter of my Stoicism book.

- Learnt Python coding for an hour.

- Chatted to my Tinder date for Saturday - I am not texting back often which seems to be intriguing her and drawing her in. We have quite a bit in common and she seems like a cool chick 8-) again, as per @play_time_is_over 's advice, I'm not getting my hopes up too soon. I shall see and keep you all posted via here.

- Arranging the lay for Saturday night - nothing concrete yet, but she seems keen. Will play it out and see what happens.

And that's it for today - getting an early night as I'm pretty beat and it's gym time again tomorrow.

Thanks for reading.

S