colgate - first instadate of the year!!!

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:54 am

so the share house i moved in...happens to be full of players!!!

well there's one girl who's like a huge book nerd, but the other 2 are foreigner players who go out to the freaking bars and clubs and pull chicks

i was talking with them this morning, and one of them pulled a girl last night from a bar and told us the story in the common area

after that, i was walking down the street to get some food, ruminating on why i'm not that guy yet.

why am i so disabled by my brain

why do i enjoy staying inside my head more than interacting with people

why the FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i not be "that guy who is just totally chill and vibes with people" and i have to be this neurotic hyper-energetic spaz when i do feel good

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW TO BE CHILL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CHILL GUYS ALWAYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've seen it so often in my life, you can be some skinnyfat dork or some lard boy, but if you have that "cool, chill vibe" it like cancels everything out somehow

WHERE'S THE STRUCTURED PLAN TO BECOMING CHILL????????????
WE HAVE IT FOR LIFTING AND GETTING JACKED
WE HAVE IT FOR GETTING OVER APPROACH ANXIETY
WE HAVE IT FOR LEARNING A LANGUAGE
WE LITERALLY HAVE IT FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT HAVING NORMAL BEHAVIORS WHEN INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me when i'm around new people:
quiet, antsy, tries to avoid saying anything, meekly asks a few questions here and there, tries to figure out how to leave the interaction without making it a big deal

me when i'm around people i'm comfortable with:
LOUD, OBNOXIOUS, HYPER, RANTS ON AND ON ABOUT WHATEVER THE FUCK

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need the sweet spot of vibe

the sweet spot of chill

give me the ice cream
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
1v1mekid
Goal: girls

Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:03 am

colgate wrote: ↑
quiet, antsy, tries to avoid saying anything, meekly asks a few questions here and there, tries to figure out how to leave the interaction without making it a big deal
That's something I'm still trying to work on myself.

I wonder sometimes, why can't I just be normal? But I try not to think about this so much. It serves me no purpose.
2022 Goals:
1 new lay by dec-31 βœ”οΈ
$90k/year by dec-31βœ”οΈ
move out βœ”οΈ
lose 15lbs βœ”οΈ
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Yeah, it is kind of interesting how there aren't any programs for "changing your personality". Maybe it's because it's just too broad of a goal and everyone is trying to change different aspects of themselves.

Overall, I would say it breaks down to:
- Modeling guys with the personality you want (befriending, watching them over and over, trying to imitate)
- Lots of practice, probably years worth
natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:12 pm

so the share house i moved in...happens to be full of players!!!

well there's one girl who's like a huge book nerd, but the other 2 are foreigner players who go out to the freaking bars and clubs and pull chicks

i was talking with them this morning, and one of them pulled a girl last night from a bar and told us the story in the common area

after that, i was walking down the street to get some food, ruminating on why i'm not that guy yet.

why am i so disabled by my brain

why do i enjoy staying inside my head more than interacting with people

why the FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can i not be "that guy who is just totally chill and vibes with people" and i have to be this neurotic hyper-energetic spaz when i do feel good

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW TO BE CHILL????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

CHILL GUYS ALWAYS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i've seen it so often in my life, you can be some skinnyfat dork or some lard boy, but if you have that "cool, chill vibe" it like cancels everything out somehow

WE LITERALLY HAVE IT FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT HAVING NORMAL BEHAVIORS WHEN INTERACTING WITH PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

me when i'm around new people:

me when i'm around people i'm comfortable with:
LOUD, OBNOXIOUS, HYPER, RANTS ON AND ON ABOUT WHATEVER THE FUCK

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need the sweet spot of vibe

the sweet spot of chill

give me the ice cream
I definitely don't have the answer here, but I wonder if a good place to start is with some active awareness.

As in asking yourself "Why do I feel like xyz when I'm around new people?". Then see what answers you come up with. What's important though is to not judge yourself in the process. I think it could give you some very important answers that you can use to improve with.
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
Sisyphus
Name: Gabo
Goal: Be a millionaire artist
Motto: Follow your gut

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:11 am

I totally understand this problem (I'm an "internet guy" too, like most guys here) and for some reason this is mostly ignored in the Game community. Social freedom =/= social skills. I think you can nail hot girls with minimal game but above average social skills, but the reverse isn't true.

Maybe get a social job? A sales job? Become a promoter? Or just volunteer for something or give english lessons or something. Chris GLL recommended to become a bartender. So recommended Yohami.

Actually, you should read the infamous Yohami compilation (or just look for his comments on daysofgame blog), it talks about this specific subject. You should also listen Chris posts about Swag factor and Sense of Entitlement.

As far as practical excercises go, you could go to a bar and say hi to groups of people, introduce yourself, ask where are they from, how do they met each other, say you're new in town and are trying to make friends, have a good night and leave. You can use functional openers like asking for a cigarette or a lighter. Just like the AA drills, you do it WITHOUT any outcome in mind. You just frame it as practice.

I'm not saying this is easy, I'm personally working on this. An easier version of talking to random people at bars is talking to the bar staff. Since they are paid to serve customers, they'll almost always be nice to you. And they are usually pretty bored anyways so they are happy to have someone to talk to(that isn't drunk).

Actually, if you have player roomates that's a HUGE advantage man. You should go out with them everyday, stick to them and you'll naturally mimic their vibe. Realise that people are paying thousands of dollars to be coached by pick up gurus (that have bad social skills most of the time) for a single night!

You have the opportunity to go out with naturals and observe them in real time, for months!! without paying anything!! That's a fucking LUXURY! Seriously, befriend them and model everything good about their game.

I also think you're not giving yourself enough credit. Comparing your initial vlogs to your recent ones, it's clear that you've improved your vibe.

You also have the social freedom. I don't know why you regressed in the aspect. I remember you were talking to dozens of girls daily last year. In trying to become cool you became too self conscious. Back when you were more "autistic" you had less AA, so I believe that being socially unaware can work for you sometimes. Seriously, I envy that subset of guys that can be cringe and feel 0 social pressure. You were in that subset of guys and I see it as a legitimate talent.

If you can merge the two (an almost autistic level of social freedom AND an extremely normie level of social awareness), you can kill it.
Number 1 goal: Earn $1000/month (300000 ARS)
Number 2: Fuck 10 girls from cold approach (5/10)

Number 3: get to 72kg at 10% bodyfat.
colgate

Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:22 am

i got my first contact in japan from cold approach!!!
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Manly Cockfellow
Goal: Become the men I fear
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:58 pm

Congrats on your first contact from CA in Japan!!!
It's not a plan, but have you ever tried Vyvanse or any other stimulant/ADHD medication?

I did, and it made me infinitely more chill
(I'm seeing a doc tomorrow to hopefully get a prescription)

Not saying you have ADHD, but after reading up on it for the last few weeks I'd bet big money that at least half of the guys on this forum (including me) do, and if it goes undiagnosed it can cause major problems with your social skills and sense of self-worth as an adult

If you don't think this applies to you just ignore it, but if you think it might I'd suggest reading the first few pages of Driven to Distraction (by Edward M Hallowell and John J Ratey), because when I did I started sobbing at how familiar the case studies were to my own

One other thing you might look into, which has a lot of overlap with ADHD, is attachment theory, which this guy does a fantastic job of explaining:

Basically, a lot of us for one reason or another come to believe we are unlovable and that we must earn affection and sex and intimacy and love from others by impressing them and performing in some way
(while shamefully hiding our true feelings)

But the catch 22 is this: if we never share our deeper wants and feelings and dreams and insecurities with anyone, then we never give anyone a chance to accept and love a huge part of us, which is exactly the evidence our brains need to learn that we are loveable!
Sisyphus
Name: Gabo
Goal: Be a millionaire artist
Motto: Follow your gut

Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:44 am

Here's the plan to become fucking chill: Read Game Solved by Game Solved.

Also listen to this audiobook by Lovedrop (it says it's Revelation but I think it's his other book that he didn't wrote with Mystery. Anyway it's reaally good). I particularly recommend the chapter "22 non verbal cues that scream I'm non dominant". And watch his DVD with Mystery where he teaches his escalation method and general body language. It's really good too.

John Anthony is solid too. Watch his infields. He makes it look easy.

Also befriend cool people, tag along naturals and succesful game guys. (Well you already got coached by Troy didn't you? I think you should have super powers already)

You're welcome
Number 1 goal: Earn $1000/month (300000 ARS)
Number 2: Fuck 10 girls from cold approach (5/10)

Number 3: get to 72kg at 10% bodyfat.
colgate

Tue May 02, 2023 8:10 pm

japan rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am never living in america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i will die in japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aka the return of colgate ranting in english to his phone walking around tokyo streets at 2am (guys, it's journaling!!!)

lmao this is 50 minutes. but i actually want feedback, though watching the whole thing isn't required for the feedback i want.

most of these parts are entirely optional to watch and i even thought of taking them out, but i did end up summarizing myself in the video so i left it in, and i'll timestamp the video instead so you can watch as much as you want lol

0:00-0:20 - this is not a WEEB ANIME moment guys, japan is really my home!!!!!!!!!

part 1: 25 years outcast in america, childhood, adolescence, early adulthood

0:20-6:27 - being so much of a childhood outcast that i didn't even fit in with the dungeons of dragons nerds, getting into the online community of people making pretend video game music

6:28-11:48 - oops half of my entire social circle shoots up estrogen LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! also it's technically 99% male (also if i haven't made it clear already, my entire social circle i care about is on the internet)

11:49-13:38 - kill your inner loser, trying to get chicks and solve girl issues seriously for the first time ever.
btw footnote at 12:30, when i talk about being out of place at social events because i have no idea what normal people are interested in, that definitely applies to dates

part 2: japan allows me to make up for lost life experiences i was supposed to have without me even having that goal
13:39-15:27 - living with a japanese family and seeing a functional family like how i imagined when i was a kid for the first time in my life

15:28-18:57 - "japanese mom". japanese family (and some others) effectively fill in missing "mental" relationship roles

19:14-22:50 - various woes with trying to balance house setup and diving into approaching, aka colgate makes excuses for

22:51-25:30 - parallel universe music community in japan that's linked but not shared with the western one i'm a part of.

25:31-28:48 - surprisingly i am able to connect and PENETRATE!!!!!!!!!! the japanese parallel community because i'm well known enough in the western community that several japanese people know me as well, and i can also speak japanese fluently. i hit up a couple japanese ppl to tell them i'm moving to japan and i get invited to 10 billion events and even playing live, which i never did in my life in america. now im the fuckin cool guy

28:49-31:04 - the parallel japanese music community is actually normal??? and also it's not a sausagefest????????????????????? there are (plenty of) GIRLS????????????????????????????????????????????

31:05-32:45 - i actually fit in with the japanese music community, unlike i've ever fit in with any social circle in my entire life, irrespective of cultural and language barriers, and time as well. i'm now in a circle of people (mixed gender) going out and doing stuff together, and they are pushing me to actually make a fucking album for once and do live shows

32:46-37:00 - feet in two boats: i know i need to handle the girl thing, approach, and get laid. but i'm enjoying unexpectedly becoming a "normie" and having normal friends with a normal hobby and being supported/pushed to advance in that hobby by said friends. but not having the girl thing handled means even if i am supposedly a "normie" now, i can't capitalize on said girls in my surroundings,

part 3: PLS WATCH THIS PART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need advice.......lol
37:00-39:42 - short summary of the previous 37 minutes of the video assuming you started watching this video from here lol

39:43-48:06 - OMG what should i do guys........................i have a normal social life and friends and i'm high value.........but i don't know how to capitalize on my value still..........but i'm riding the emotional high of finally being in this kind of position for the first time in my life.............so i'm not pissed off enough to start hustling with girls..................

48:07-end - conclusion
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Tue May 02, 2023 10:13 pm

debrief of this video with @MakingAComeback

no poisoning the well!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first of all, as i said, even with my "high value" in this community of people, i don't have the ability to "capitalize on it". and even if i wanted to, i don't want to poison the well.

i know as long as i think i can't get girls, i'm going to be subconsciously hoping some girl from the japanese music scene will latch onto me and we will be bf and gf πŸ₯°

ok but if drama happens there then i can't even enjoy music anymore. i remember i specifically didn't do music for my career because i wanted to make whatever music i wanted to, and i wanted to be able to relax with music and never feel stressed out about it.

the same should go with dating, now that i'm in that position. if i get with a girl by chance ok whatever cool but i don't want to be going to events and etc, knowing that i can't get girls, and just being "high value" isn't going to fix that.

DATING FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GIRLS FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on the other hand, if i had my dating life solid, knowing i could approach some girls, fuck them, plate some, i could actually focus on music.

i don't think there's a better analogy than "feet in two boats" for this situation. i can't seriously focus on music if i know i'm supposed to be getting my dating life in order. i was trying to use it as a distraction, which means i can't really produce the quality i want to produce, vs when i'm just laser focused on music (like i was in the past).

the same thing applies with dating obviously. dude i was in the fuckin zone in july-august 2022. i had a lot of sticking points even then, and they were my biggest weak points of course, but that's because i was at the point where i had gotten over the easier points and now i had the more difficult weak points to conquer.

of course, that unwound over 6 months of basically not doing any dating. and it's not like i magically got over those weak points over the past 6 months. no, they are still there. reading the japan game book that @Toast only reminded me of them more and i was further drawn to "hobby escapism". and this time it was cloaked in "omg this isn't the internet though. these are ur real friends" (i mean they are my friends but they are not going to help me with dating lol)

γ‚Ήγ‚―γƒͺγƒΌγƒ³γ‚·γƒ§γƒƒγƒˆ 2023-05-03 6.24.37.png
γ‚Ήγ‚―γƒͺγƒΌγƒ³γ‚·γƒ§γƒƒγƒˆ 2023-05-03 6.54.37.png
i got 260 followers in a year, i can make that back and even more no problem because i'm already known by many people. i've deleted a ~400 follower acc in the past too.

this is my twitter account now: https://twitter.com/nuidekure
i need to earn 300 followers from doing cold approach, not coasting on music

https://twitter.com/kamiyoshi_nanpa just scroll through this account. my account will look like this soon.............
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Bman
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Tue May 02, 2023 11:17 pm

"feet in two boats"
This is probably unpopular opinion on this forum with the "you can only focus on one goal" mentality, but I think you can do both. However, you need to be hyper regimented with your day.

For example, you could get up at 4am, work for 3 hours on music, then go to the gym or have breakfast, and then work (I'm assuming youre doing some kind of work these days?) and then focus on girls on the afternoon/evening.

Basically you use an in between activity as a mental marker for flipping focus.

And people do become successful doing this. Jordan Peterson spent 15 years writing his first book, Maps of Meaning, by just spending 3 hours every morning writing before doing his other work, tending to a family, ect.

Do you move slower? Yes, but you avoid burnout because it's sustainable. You're not sacrificing the rest of your life in pursuit of one thing.

It's how I live and I've been pretty happy doing it. Everyday I focus time on my startup, a part time job, gym, girls, self care/ health, friends, and reading/ learning new things. I'm not top tier in any single one of those, but I'm pretty good in most of them and happy with my progress.

Just a different perspective.
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Wed May 03, 2023 12:22 am

Bman wrote: ↑
Tue May 02, 2023 11:17 pm
"feet in two boats"
This is probably unpopular opinion on this forum with the "you can only focus on one goal" mentality, but I think you can do both. However, you need to be hyper regimented with your day.

For example, you could get up at 4am, work for 3 hours on music, then go to the gym or have breakfast, and then work (I'm assuming youre doing some kind of work these days?) and then focus on girls on the afternoon/evening.

Basically you use an in between activity as a mental marker for flipping focus.

And people do become successful doing this. Jordan Peterson spent 15 years writing his first book, Maps of Meaning, by just spending 3 hours every morning writing before doing his other work, tending to a family, ect.

Do you move slower? Yes, but you avoid burnout because it's sustainable. You're not sacrificing the rest of your life in pursuit of one thing.

It's how I live and I've been pretty happy doing it. Everyday I focus time on my startup, a part time job, gym, girls, self care/ health, friends, and reading/ learning new things. I'm not top tier in any single one of those, but I'm pretty good in most of them and happy with my progress.

Just a different perspective.
On the money as always.

You can only achieve what you make time for, and you have more time than you think.
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
colgate

Wed May 03, 2023 5:14 am

@Bman
@natedawg

i addressed this exact point at 42:00 in the video

tl;dw i think since i have been using music and its community as a distraction, rather than deliberately sitting down and getting shit done, i'm just dicking around in the DAW and then browsing Twitter and other musicians. because when i realize "oh i needed to do x slightly hard thing in this project to make it good", i actually realize "wait i said in my schedule i should actually be going out and approaching/reading this nampa resource/xyzabc"

i guess i didn't mention this, but I've been doing day structures @MakingAComeback style with varied success. where you list activities throughout the day by time.

but! nothing is stopping me from concurrently assigning time for music so i can have a high quality session. on the other hand, it really isn't a priority because i still juggle going to the gym, eating (yes this is a nontrivial chunk of time), nampa, and studying japanese (which i was doing great with until i started tiptoeing in music again).

my OG plan was to completely ignore music except for maybe going to events now and then and prepping live stuff until i figured out dating and girls here. but I've been paying way too much attention to it (browsing Twitter, replying to people there, checking out loads of new music I've never heard etc) because of the social dopamine hits i get for literally existing, and getting previously unmet social validation needs met.

this post was not "what should i focus on" but rather "how can i dive into girls again and not derail myself"
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
seanconneryfan_
Name: Sean
Goal: Get Good Marks

Wed May 03, 2023 3:03 pm

something is hilarious about an indian american being a Japanese man on in the inside
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed May 03, 2023 3:08 pm

The legend returns..............
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe