colgate - assume your childhood woes were your fault too

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Wed May 03, 2023 5:00 pm

colgate wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:14 am
@Bman
@natedawg

i addressed this exact point at 42:00 in the video

tl;dw i think since i have been using music and its community as a distraction, rather than deliberately sitting down and getting shit done, i'm just dicking around in the DAW and then browsing Twitter and other musicians. because when i realize "oh i needed to do x slightly hard thing in this project to make it good", i actually realize "wait i said in my schedule i should actually be going out and approaching/reading this nampa resource/xyzabc"

i guess i didn't mention this, but I've been doing day structures @MakingAComeback style with varied success. where you list activities throughout the day by time.

but! nothing is stopping me from concurrently assigning time for music so i can have a high quality session. on the other hand, it really isn't a priority because i still juggle going to the gym, eating (yes this is a nontrivial chunk of time), nampa, and studying japanese (which i was doing great with until i started tiptoeing in music again).

my OG plan was to completely ignore music except for maybe going to events now and then and prepping live stuff until i figured out dating and girls here. but I've been paying way too much attention to it (browsing Twitter, replying to people there, checking out loads of new music I've never heard etc) because of the social dopamine hits i get for literally existing, and getting previously unmet social validation needs met.

this post was not "what should i focus on" but rather "how can i dive into girls again and not derail myself"
I feel ya.

I think like most things, it just comes down to knowing yourself and what you want. The things you want are the things you'll make time for, you know?

I think it's worth taking some time to genuinely reflect on this and find the answer.

What you may come to find out is what you thought WAS a priority, no longer is a priority simply because you're in a different spot now than you were months ago.

As @AskTheDom often tells me: "You're not the same man you were yesterday, nor will you be the same man in the future." Things change.

As a side note: Not sure if you've noticed it, but your demeanor has changed significantly in a good way. It looks like you're mixing it up with people and engaging in passions that you enjoy. I can tell you seem a lot more content, which I bet is going to make handling the girl stuff significantly easier once you get clarity here.

One question that comes to mind: Is there a place where you can meet the kind of women you like inside of your music-related social circles?
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu May 04, 2023 6:08 pm

i was getting a haircut and thinking about how great it would be if i approached after this

so i did

https://vocaroo.com/15mKL64NBHtq
^recording of my best approach today cut out in the middle because i took out my bluetooth headphones and the """""smart""""" mic relegated my voice to the background but you can kind of hear blips of it. was trying to see if the girl would walk and talk with me while she "waits for her friends" but she wouldn't

there were a couple i didnt record, so maybe around 8 approaches total

💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵. practitioner of deep work and self-engineering.

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Fri May 05, 2023 12:32 pm

i went out to approach, but my mood was kinda low so i decided to do some pushups in front of a bus station to hype myself up

im like 50+ reps in after a few clap pushups too when this black guy comes over and literally throws a sparking cigarette butt at my face

i got it on tape lmaoooo:
https://vocaroo.com/1eFMEpWUsEXZ

i was in the mood to do pushups though so i just walked away and did decline pushups somewhere else

then i came back 15-20 mins later and approached some chick who had seen the whole thing lol
https://vocaroo.com/18Vra5u9PFdC

at first it was honestly me venting but then i started asking her about where she's from and etc and got her to giggle because i made fun of her hometown thanks to my secret japanese recon

"nagoya? all my japanese friends say it's boring but personally i think it's fun. they have a zoo!"

i tried to get her to walk with me to the convenience store to grab a drink because i was thirsty but no dice. no dice on the contact exchange either

japanese girls talk SO QUIETLY I CANT FUCKING HEAR THEM HOLY SHIT. AND japanese is a foreign language. is this what @september experiences when he approaches god damn

even if i tell them to speak up they basically dont and now i seem like the fucking retard gaijin who doesnt understand japanese FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there's a certain japanese nampa guy that seemed to just blossom this year based on what he says and he's getting like multiple lays a day. apparently he had nampa coaching from some other guy. they both post in-bedroom pics all the time, sometimes even MMFF foursomes from duos they pull to the same hotel room and IM FUCKING JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
スクリーンショット 2023-05-05 20.46.56.png
スクリーンショット 2023-05-05 21.32.08.png
we will see where this goes.....................................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by colgate on Fri May 05, 2023 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Fri May 05, 2023 2:21 pm

This is the most @colgate update I've seen.

If I just read that WhatsApp screenshot randomly on the web, I would know it's you who typed it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

colgate

Fri May 05, 2023 2:29 pm

colgate wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 12:32 pm
i got it on tape lmaoooo:
https://vocaroo.com/1eFMEpWUsEXZ
whoops fixed the url. also it literally says sEX

foretelling of things to come............
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Sat May 06, 2023 2:12 pm

approached around 10 girls in an hour and a half.
694739.jpg

had a great convo with one and exchanged insta where she followed me back later (i dmed myself on her phone)! she was off to meet a friend.
https://vocaroo.com/14YYLOt7Io4j

basically it's me rambling about "fast fashion" (h&m, uniqlo) and how it's good (because both she and i have similar-ish clothing archetypes) and then poked fun at her for being from 鹿児島 kagoshima (look it up if ur interested lol)

the archetypes are really easy to understand here lol. i think i know more about japanese archetypes than i ever did in america and am starting to get a sense of how my brown ass can fit in

later i ran into her and her friend and when i told her to introduce her friend she was like "we're on a break!"

"from doing what?"
"from nothing!"
"so yall are having a break from doing nothing..."
"yes"

japanese girls are so weird

also i was able to stick through a girl completely fucking ignoring me for like 30 seconds before she finally acknowledged my existence and bowed out japanese style in a different direction.
https://vocaroo.com/14ysM1B8Y6DU

not able to do it consistently yet, but this is a first for me. this morning i basically thought of funny/interesting backdrops to say if she's straight up freezing me out and i think they work.

long time no see! let's forget about our childhood fights and make up <--- the one i used in the audio

wow, we're like already married! i did something so now you won't talk to me...my BAD, sOrRy (i haven't tried this one yet)

here's an interaction where the girl would have been potentially interested but i got into boring info exchange ARGHHHHHHHHHH MY WEAKNESSES TRANSCEND LANGUAGE BOUNDARIES!!!!!
https://vocaroo.com/1l77jbSy4m7H

but i did an exercise earlier where i listed 10 traits my ideal girl should have (other than looks). i should be veering the conversation towards talking about that rather than OMG YOU DO PART TIME WORK??? OMG UR A UNIVERSITY STUDENT THATS SO EPIC LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://bulldog-pen.notion.site/24-Cutt ... fd2fff4a29

also i need to be approaching more girls. 10 is nowhere close to enough volume, and i only spent like an hour and a half before excitedly dming my potential future nampa coach.

approach anxiety is more or less gone (though i'm still copping out of some ballsy approaches)

gotta set quotas! next sesh i will approach at least 15 girls. i'm gonna do it on monday since i have some errands/plans tomorrow with my host family.

japanese nampa fucking blows my mind

it is nothing like cold approach in the west. this is like the difference between chess and go囲碁 or something

guys casually having many hundreds, even thousands of instadate lays. (ok the thousands guys all say they have been nampaing for...20+ years!!! thats still fucking crazy dude)

3, 4, 5, i've seen as high as 7 lays in one day.
スクリーンショット 2023-05-06 22.22.10.png

sounds like cap, a fucking scam, or whatever you want to call it but then they're posting 3 new pics of different girls in hotel/bedrooms on twitter per day.
スクリーンショット 2023-05-06 22.28.58.png

this seems like a japan-only thing. like obviously the same guy goes to europe or usa and he wouldn't be able to do it. likewise, skilled westerners come to japan and are able to replicate this fucking insanity, but only in japan.

but i digress. what the fuck is going on in japan, how is the birthrate declining???????????????

i have to get to the bottom of this...
and then to the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the nampa coach i dm'ed on twitter replied.
スクリーンショット 2023-05-06 21.22.28.png

here's a translation of one of the important bits (google translate FUCKED this i might as well just translate it myself lmfao)

ただし、僕のコンサルのスタイルとして根性論でひたすら声をかけるのはあまり推奨していません。外見が整っていなければスト値上げにコミットして頂きます。トークが悪ければ、そこを改善する講習をします。最小限の努力で最大限の結果を出すことを重点においておりますので、そこはご了承頂ければと思います
"i don't recommend just going ham with approaching in my consulting. if your looks aren't in check you gotta first commit to increasing your value. if you suck at communicating, you gotta improve that. ideally, we will want to squeeze out the maximum results from the minimum amount of effort"

this is straight up what troy told me when i first messaged him. cool that at least the baseline for banging chicks is universal lol

also he'll recommend if i should also start doing online too. i haven't gotten around to setting up my online profiles here again. but now i could actually use most of the japanese dating apps since i have an actual ID here (japanese dating apps require japan-local ID verification to use)

i wonder if he knows i'm a foreigner yet loooool.

he has a 3 month long 1-on-1 coaching program basically which is exactly what i need.

what the fuck is the point of coming to japan otherwise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIME TO APPROACH ASSHOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sat May 06, 2023 3:27 pm

Jesus.
colgate wrote:
3 new pics of different girls in hotel/bedrooms on twitter per day.
just a wave
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

colgate

Sat May 06, 2023 4:38 pm

also noticed going to the gym before/doing any kind of physically exerting exercise + blasting music while walking around decimates my approach anxiety and hypes me up to talk to girls.

when i was just getting into cold approach in america i would blast a bunch of music in my car while vaping my ass off before the approach session too. my best approach sessions were when i was in that state lmao.

even when i quit vaping, i still blasted a bunch of music in my car on the way to the approach venue and i didn't realize how much it probably helped

other guys here on the forum are doing it too so i'll post whatever song i remembered most from my sesh with my reports

and you can get an idea of whatever "alien music" i was talking about in my last video log lol

💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
eyowhatup
Goal: Take action

Sat May 06, 2023 7:47 pm

colgate wrote:
https://bulldog-pen.notion.site/24-Cutt ... fd2fff4a29
Hey Colgate! Which book are your japan game exercises from?
Manly Cockfellow
Goal: Become the men I fear
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 pm

colgate wrote:
guys casually having many hundreds, even thousands of instadate lays. (ok the thousands guys all say they have been nampaing for...20+ years!!! thats still fucking crazy dude)

3, 4, 5, i've seen as high as 7 lays in one day.
Stop it, you're making me want to move to Japan...

But you're also making me excited to read your future posts where you're the one doing this!!!

I believe in you
colgate

Sun May 07, 2023 12:13 am

eyowhatup wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 7:47 pm
Hey Colgate! Which book are your japan game exercises from?
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/363 ... t-of-nanpa

good resource because even if you want to arrogantly avoid english, it's rare to find anything of quality specifically for foreigners looking to break into the nampa scene, and it highlights many of the key differences from western mindsets about dating.

but it's also cool to see the similarities!

also this book is quite high-level but it really helps me also navigate through the swarm of japanese nampa content. been noting down high level concepts from the book and then going to YouTube channels like the following for low-level ideas on how to implement them (i hate reading long text in japanese lmao, this is much more consumable for me)

funnily enough this guy straight up said the best opener is "konnichiwa" (hello in Japanese) and that you need to get on with it. lol. that actually massively helped me a lot.

also everyone seems to use twitter. i had made an account and basically indiscriminately followed dozens of nampa guys and they'll post tips and whatever in addition to reports
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Sun May 07, 2023 12:22 am

Manly Cockfellow wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:50 pm
you're making me want to move to Japan...
oh my god dude you need to come here for like a week or two though

15 years from now

new DNA studies show that 10% of kids under age 12 all have the same 200cm american father......
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Manly Cockfellow
Goal: Become the men I fear
Motto: Mk no smll plans; thy hv no pwr to stir mens blood

Sun May 07, 2023 12:44 am

colgate wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:22 am
15 years from now

new DNA studies show that 10% of kids under age 12 all have the same 200cm american father......
These lovely ladies need to sleep with someone, why not us? :)

(and I'm assuming you pull your weight and account for a substantial chunk of that other 90%, so don't let me down)
colgate

Mon May 08, 2023 5:26 pm

FUCKIN KOE KAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
声掛け=approach

16 approaches over 4 hours.
Fvl9euYaQAEsWoC.jpg
got into the station at around 5:30pm and did like 2 or 3 approaches.

then i kept walking around pussying out on every girl

i was like THIS IS FUCKING RETARDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
スクリーンショット 2023-05-08 23.36.31.png

yeah so basically i think i actually experienced my first culture shock of my whole life with my ~6 months of life in japan experience.

the thing is in america, if you approach a girl and she's not interested, usually she'll be cordial about it and tell you she has a boyfriend or that she's "not looking for a relationship" right now.

or say she doesn't straight up say it up front, she'll probably at least put up with you until you ask to exchange contacts and then reject it there, or give it to you and ghost.

even in california where i approached in a mall that was 80% asians, while i indeed got japanese-girl-style frozen out quite often there too, i usually just didn't bother with those and immediately bounced to the next girl because i knew that eventually some girl would actually have a conversation with me (also i had a much thicker skin due to the "potential energy" i had built up from just regularly approaching)

however, in japan, first of all it's not rude to straight up ignore someone that you don't want to talk to.

second of all, a good chunk of girls who are ignoring you are actually gameable and you can "crack" through them. just listen to this:

not going to translate the entire video but basically the chick straight up takes 5 minutes to say a single word, and up until that point based on the things he says her demeanor ranges from literally staring at her smartphone with her earbuds in to taking them out and oscillating in between, her reactions ramping up in a zigzag until she finally starts giggling and talking.

what's funny is the first thing out of her mouth was i'll pass you my line lol. she eventually followed him into a convenience store and i think after that they exchanged.

anyway, the opposite case also happens. it happened to me twice today actually. i got into a convo that lasted maybe like 3-5 minutes and then literally point blank in the middle of the conversation, the girl just puts up her hand and accelerates off. like she doesn't tell me a reason to leave or say "well it was nice meeting you!" just straight up bounces.

it's funny that ppl in the west think that japanese culture is probably indirect and everyone's always putting up a façade, but in reality americans put up their own façades in a different way. and as someone who was raised in america, i took american aizuchi for granted

anyway, even when i get girls who start smiling/giggling here and there and maybe talking a liiiiiiiil bit, it's kinda like i really gotta be putting on a show for the girl. (funnily enough in the youtube video i linked, at one point the guy was like "damn what is this it's like you're watching tv except im the tv")

i have to be putting on a show for the girl, and the show has to be good, and she might decide to straight up non-react for 5 minutes before finally saying a single word

or else she's gonna change the fucking channel lmao
スクリーンショット 2023-05-09 1.55.14.png

so i'm basically pussing out on talking to every single female in my vicinity and stalling because i...don't want to take responsibility for progressing the interaction?!?!??!?!??!

yeah, we have a lot of work to do here

regardless i had told myself i needed to approach 15 girls today, and doggone it, 15 girls were going to be approached
スクリーンショット 2023-05-08 23.36.48.png

i decided to pull out a trick i used to do in america nightgame, where i would say "okay i need to approach 1 girl in this venue before i'm allowed to leave this place", and i was able to approach many girls this way.

so i did something similar. "go approach 1 girl in the station", "now go approach one girl at the crosswalk" ..etc etc. breaking it down into chunks like that helped me get it done, probably because the location change gave me a slight dopamine hit even if i had a bad interaction

on my 14th approach, i got the most bubbly girl i've run into here! i told her she looks like bubbles from powerpuff girls (lol!!!!) and she obviously had no idea what that is so i had fun explaining powerpuff girls to a japanese girl....................lmao

we chatted for maybe 3-5 minutes when i suggested we bounce to get some tea or something.

my friend is waiting for me tho
wait you said you were going home tf
yeah i live with my friend
ohhh like a sharehouse? lol that's fine let's just go for like 10 minutes
noooo i have to get up early tomorrow
yeah i wake up at 6:30am to go to the gym i aint trying to stay up late either
noooooo i really have to go <<<<--- probably could have just kept the convo/approach going instead of the following
ok let's exchange lines and i'll take you on a date
uhhh...i can't. my manager reads all of my line messages
your what does what now???

ok so the thing is, in japan there are these places called "girls bars". basically guys with a lot of money but no girls go to these places and drink, but the hostesses all act cute and shower you in compliments so your inflated ego empties out your entire wallet on booze

however, these places usually have strict rules not allowing the hostesses to date or otherwise talk to boys. and they usually have "managers" that verify this.

sleeping with one of these girls is basically the forbidden fruit in japan. but guys are able to do it through instadate lays essentially

and one day...

ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

during my session i spotted a dude flagging down girls and so i talked to him. dude has been nampaing for like 8 years.

he says he does like 100-200 approaches a day!!!!!!!!!! ok now i know what i need to be aiming for lmao

my 16 in 4 hours is me pussing out of like 90% of the girls i actually want to approach tbh.

but i know i'll be able to get to that point again where i enjoy approaching just for the hell of it
colgate wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:13 pm
I went back to the university around noon and the volume was really high. Immediately started approaching girls but yeah it was 0/17. The only one I really remember is some tall black dude saw me hitting on a girl and he was like "ayyy, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take!"

Even if you live in a small town, if you are determined enough you can find high volume places at certain times. I even rescheduled my weekly meetings with my boss so I could go out at noon.

On the upside, I have my second cold approach date on Sunday, so that'll be exciting (first time was in Nashville)
i did it before!!!

meeting tomorrow evening with the nampa sensei i've been messaging on twitter!!! very excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
スクリーンショット 2023-05-09 2.21.18.png
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Tue May 09, 2023 11:34 am

met with the coach today for the first time

this log is about to get nuts

i'll let certain events unroll instead of writing a long ass fucking post this time

but goal for this month: get a 100+ session

will approach 15 girls tomorrow
💁🏽‍♂️🐶

CTO of the browns 🟤 🟤 🟤

📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!