colgate - gaijin group pickup coaching sesh recap!

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:17 pm

GREAT
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:46 pm

The fact that you're learning all this so young (!) is GREAT.

I didn't learn this lesson until I was around 30. Oddly, I learned it from my best friend's girlfriend, who spelled it out for me very directly: "Women don't want a solution, they just want you to listen to them!"

I had been spending my whole life trying to solve women's problems.

Now, when a woman is explaining a problem, I tend to ask her what she's looking for: "What would be most helpful from me? To listen, support, or give you advice?"
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:20 am

thanks for the support guys!
jakeD wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:53 pm
i'm the boss and she does whatever the fuck i want / tell her" bullshit. Literally zero wrong with having a gf and loving and caring about her btw if that's your choice for now.
the thing is these two things aren't mutually exclusive though. both "she does whatever the fuck i tell her" and "loving and caring about her" would pretty much completely sum up this relationship

if i tell her to go clean the kitchen or do the laundry, she does it. on the other hand, if she has a complaint about not wanting to do x, i don't force her to do it. we'll talk about it and sometimes she ends up doing it, sometimes it's better that i do it, sometimes no one has to do it, sometimes we do something else.

i think it's the balance of "i have all the power in your world" combined with "i'm using my power to take care of you, not because i get some ego rush from ordering you around" (although not gonna lie, i do get the ego rush too lol)

maybe that's why she started calling me daddy. because that kind of is literally what a dad does lol. and it wasn't something she did initially either so i can only chalk it up to how our life together is at home.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD, πŸ€‘ TAKE SOME ACTION πŸ€‘

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:31 pm

just got done taking the japanese language proficiency test at the N1 level, which is the highest level. i've never taken this test at any level before and i honestly wanted to take N2 which i could probably comfortably pass without studying (based on some language school mock exams), but my gf peer pressured me into aiming for N1 and i only did it on the terms that she does it too (her japanese is way better than mine btw).

i think i passed but probably barely. if i failed it's probably also barely. results come out in early february. and even tho it's kind of "idolized" in western japanese learning internet communities, it really is not a huge deal wrt japanese ability. this is a test that the average japanese person would pass with flying colors and in half the time (i managed to finish just in time through clever pacing and knowing the test format from cramming over the past 1-2 months, after always running out of time previously on mock exams). and even if i pass, i want to retake it again in july just to get a higher score to quench my own ego.

not that this test is a real indicator of "fluency". it's just a multiple choice test consisting of a bunch of random vocab and grammar points, and then some reading comprehension questions based on random articles. then a listening comprehension section with extremely clear but unrealistic japanese (real japanese is much more slurred and dynamic).

i took it because passing N1 level gives me 15/80 of the required "points" to eventually get permanent residence in japan. N2 would give 10 points (you can't take both and then get 25 points, you max out at 15 for this), but i decided to FUCK IT TAKE THE PLUNGE and try to push myself to the limit.

bro what are you doing lmao i dont know any chinese and i banged a bunch of girls in the philippines

which brings me to my next point. since around the time i joined the forums, up until earlier this year, my number one priority was getting laid. even though i struggled and flipped and flopped, maybe did things incorrectly, etc, that was my goal.

the reason it was my goal was because i felt incomplete without it. i couldn't pursue other things. in early 2021 before i joined, i was trying to improve my musical chops and learn some instruments after just making computer music for years. but i would be trying to practice e.g. some guitar line when a voice in my head was berating me about how i had literally never seen titties in my life, how i was living in this huge mountain mansion with fake plants, king size bed, and a vintage electric piano but no girls to show it off to. which is what eventually led me to KYIL

kind of in the same way, and probably because i moved to japan with the intention of living here permanently, now the nagging voice is not "u can't bang girls" but "u can't speak japanese". by that i mean well i can avoid english and converse with japanese people, and read old man oji-san essays about the declining japanese society or whatever.

but compared to english, there's a literal language barrier that impacts my overall vibe. in america if i had a vibe issue or whatever, it was just "ok focus on the vibe problem". in japanese, it's "i have to make sure i'm actually understanding the other person correctly, and then i have to speak without tripping up or else it seems like i'm struggling with the language and the japanese person i am talking to goes into 'awww i need to help the poor foreigner' mode", which definitely does a number on your frame.

fortunately, i know the fix for this and i think it's a much more closed problem than dating is. just need to stuff my head with japanese street interview videos and such for months until watching them becomes enjoyable instead of me trying to look up 10 words every sentence (ok that's an exaggeration, but still). i think when i can enjoy japanese content like i do english content (which is, effortlessly to the point that i am wasting time), that's likely going to be more than enough.

so what about banging chicks colgate?

at this point in time, i don't consider myself at the point "ok i have gotten what i wanted in dating". but i did get an 18yo (now 19yo) chick who is basically my type and completely attached to me. so mentally i checked out of dating, because i went from a normal of absolutely zero sex and occasional talking to "female friends" to daily sex where 90% time i don't even try to start anything and it just happens.

on the other hand, it's not that fun. like sex is just like eating candy now. it's like cool this tastes good i like it, but nothing special. i still think about my first lay when i banged that cheerleader, and even the chubby chick after that (see the first post in my log for details). i've somehow never had that kind of insane sex with my gf. maybe those stories are the kind of thing that only happens when it's your first/early times.

or maybe it's because i had a year of pent up uhhh fuck.....ε‰²γ«εˆγ‚γͺい anger <--whatever that is in english (something like results not matching up to my hustle), and then FINALLY shit started happening and i just let it all out in the girls i was banging, and it was fucking AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but now i'm in girlfriend purgatory. it's great and all and if this really was my goal from the beginning, i would be completely happy with this.

girlfriend "purgatory", because this is very much 90-95% of what an ideal relationship looks like (i think lol). at least i have no complaints about my girl. on the other hand, well, i still see these ultra stunners in the street on a daily basis and i reminisce about what it was like to hit the streets and just get blown out all the time. and that was EXACTLY the reason why when i did get a result, it was magnificent. i miss that experience, and part of me feels castrated because i don't do that anymore.

"ok so just hit the streets again", but i don't have drive to go slam the streets. literally getting free sex every day without trying is definitely a factor. and the reason that is is because she lives with me. other factors being how do i explain this to my gf and what to do with this relationship. it's very complicated lol. and as far as my gf knows, nothing is wrong and i love her.

and even if the gf thing wasn't an issue, i still have the above grievances about japanese ability BUT, i am confident that this will not be a problem by next summer. ~6 months of actually immersing myself in japanese content instead of just talking to my (not japanese) gf and school lessons is enough for me to fix my japanese vibe, i think

so what are you going to do colgate氏?

these thoughts i wrote have been with me persistently for months. but up until now i was like "ok i gotta focus on my japanese exam and getting a job so i can worry about it later".

but now the japanese exam is over. and i have a part time job starting tomorrow that could turn into a full time job + visa starting april. i also plan to look for higher-paying jobs if i pass this exam and have the certificate, but even if i don't i am pretty sure this part time job would offer me a full-time role which would only boost my japanese + resident in japan credentials.

gf is going home to china from mid-december to mid-january so i have about 4 weeks to myself. i plan on going to hell from the 21st-25th to unwind and disconnect for a bit.

also i plan on discussing this in detail with @MakingAComeback in a call this week since i'm his client.

but the things i think i'll want to focus on going forward are

1. japanese, with a focus on doing deep work.
i have had a lot of insights and revelations lately about this with the help of MakingAComeback, and was able to apply it heavily in my life over the past few months. will write specifics in a future post when i have more results to share

2. getting jacked, part 2: electric boogaloo.
gf-moding took me from 72kg to 64.5kg. i didn't go to the gym between august-october, save for maybe 3 or 4 times. forget about eating too lol. getting jacked is basically a prerequisite for my life no matter how much japan loves sickly anorexic kpop makeup boys. i'm not oriental enough for that. having done accidental personal A/B testing on being jacked and not being jacked (enough), my life was veritably better being jacked. i stopped getting the random "how much u bench bro" and "omg....muscles..." reactions from people. and i used to get them just for simply existing. i need that in my life again.

been doing a mini-challenge with @Mimbe393939 to see who can bench 100kgx1 first. have been hitting the gym regularly since late oct, and currently i'm at 80x5 for 3 sets (failed 82.5 on set 2 on my last workout). also bodyweight back up to ~68kg, which is the same weight i was when i first came to japan last year. i managed to get up to 72kg with roids in 3 months so this time i want to see how long it takes without roids. then we'll rethink the roids once i have the gym habit solid again.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:46 am

gf made this meme lol
Screenshot_2023-12-15-12-44-54-10_948cd9899890cbd5c2798760b2b95377.jpg
me: today's my period so let's get to bed!
boyfriend: no problem we can just cuddle

me 30 mins later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
MakingAComeback

Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:02 am

THE BROWN SHOGUN

EPISODE 2 OF LEGEND'S INTERVIEW WILL HAPPEN ON THE IRONWILL PODCAST NEXT WEEK!

THE JAPAN ERA............

-Ravi
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

colgate

Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:28 am

hi, i'm going to drop a single line of advice to myself for 2024, after reading mark manson's "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck"

you must take responsibility for everything that has happened to you, including and especially if it was not your fault
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Spider Jerusalem
Name: Spider
Goal: Get Big. Get Dangerous.
Motto: YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:18 am

colgate wrote: ↑
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:28 am
hi, i'm going to drop a single line of advice to myself for 2024, after reading mark manson's "the subtle art of not giving a f*ck"

you must take responsibility for everything that has happened to you, including and especially if it was not your fault
@colgate

I would like to chime in and agree 100%.

Jocko Willink’s Extreme Ownership principle is critical and I’d recommend reading into that to help you with this.

I’m doing the same. In my latest post, I talk about sickness and how I was on my ass for 6 months. Easy to say β€˜bruh, you get sick you get sick…’ but it was my fault:

I was neglecting my dental health which gave me a gum infection, then the antibiotics put me in hospital twice and I was bed-bound for months. I also wasn’t taking care of my immune system, which lead me to keep getting sick
and have to take time off.
Spider Jerusalem wrote: ↑
Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:32 am
The knock-on effects of this were Fucking horrendous. I couldn't train in anything and was wasting money on gym and BJJ memberships every month. My mental health took a right dive as I couldn't walk and be social outside. I felt trapped in my own house. My health anxiety skyrocketed as I'm not good with hospitals and medical tests. It put a lot of stress and strain on my family. I was Fucking broke too as I couldn't start work.
Good luck in 2024
Lay Count: 24
colgate

Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am

i will write a longer, more introspective update later

for now, here's what you need to know:
- gf has moved out of my place as of 2 weeks ago (we didn't break up)
- i failed the jlpt n1 japanese exam by SIX POINTS FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- but that doesn't matter because, i have landed a job in japan, without any english at a role that supposedly required the N1, with probably a 5 year visa, and potentially could be eligible for permanent residence in 2026.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
MakingAComeback

Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:29 am

The legend continues.........
-Your friend, Ravi

colgate

Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:05 am

Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am
but that doesn't matter because, i have landed a job in japan, without any english at a role that supposedly required the N1, with probably a 5 year visa, and potentially could be eligible for permanent residence in 2026.
apparently i don't even need to pass this i already qualify for permanent residence in japan ahahaha

just gotta work for 1 year

COMING SOON...the renaissance...of the BROWN SHOGUN................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 am

just a quick note

serendipitously ran into my gf at my language school graduation ceremony. decided fuck it i'll take her to shibuya. banged in her in a love hotel. she was on her period so i got a massively satisfying creampie at the end. lol would hate to work at a love hotel.

3 years ago i didn't think i would be able to just bang a hot asian girl on demand in japan...

the only value here i can provide is that when she first moved out, i was kind of regularly texting her as if she was still living with me. when i proposed us to meet up once she was like "hmmmmmm not today.....i don't feel like it...."

decided to basically not respond to any message she sent after that. took her like 20-30 messages but eventually she was straight up like "when are you free???? i have so much to talk about!!!! please reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

probably why she instantly agreed to come with me to a love hotel when i ran into her today...

even while we were walking to the hotel though she just gave token girl excuses like "wait but i have to go to cram school in an hour and a half" "wait but i'm on my period" "wait i don't have a pen and i wanted to stop by my house to grab one". probably obvious to most of you guys but it's different when you see how hard-wired this kind of behavior is in girls firsthand lol

the game never ends...............
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
MakingAComeback

Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:01 am

It never ends, man.

They're a pain in the ass. And they can also be pretty cool.

Mission, purpose, and thrving in life is the focus. Women come and go.

-R
-Your friend, Ravi

lacroix
Goal: Social freedom

Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:10 am

Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 am
Yeahhh dude nice. It's true, the testing never ends. But as long as we stay in our frame there's nothing to worry about. That's what the girl wants to see, after all
colgate

Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:07 pm

this isn't the type of post i want to make here, but i think i have to come clean. at least maybe people who have been in this life position would be able to provide some insights instead of me just holding onto this.

so i'm confirmed living in japan for the next 5 years, and i can apply for permanent residence next year. also went to an event my next job hosted and i think i am really going to like working there a lot.

not to mention i have my 19yo gf who is addicted to me (in a healthy amount now though!)

and my main group of friends (at least online) are all fucking ballers. and i get to meet up with them and we legit have fun and crazy experiences.

basically i have achieved a life beyond my teenage dreams. living in my dream country, having awesome friends (mostly from KYIL lol), and even a hot gf to boot.

that being said, i still have "other things" i want to do. and i'm obviously not up there as a top-tier guy (yet!!) i want to actually get good at daygame and pickup. i want to actually get way better at japanese. i want to become way more masculine. i want to just naturally be social and wanting to go out and talk to people instead of being at home all day.

but i feel...strangely...complete. part of it is i'll try to put some effort into one of the above and feel extreme resistance. and i don't have that FUCK I'M A VIRGIN TIME TO HUSTLE drive that i did in 2021-2022. every primary source of dissatisfaction has been gone in my life. i literally have nothing to complain about, and lots of dudes would probably be begging to be in my position.

i suppose if i really felt that i was "done" and i wanted to move on with my life i wouldn't be posting this here.

let's just say i feel like i'm in "life purgatory" lol

i'm at a point in my life where i genuinely do NOT feel like a loser at all. if anything i feel like i'm on the baller end of the spectrum now. and i suppose not feeling like an abject loser was really my underlying purpose up until now. that's why i joined KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! your inner loser. i killed my inner loser and then the site changed to "winner within".

i suppose this is the stage where i have to find my winner within then? but i definitely don't feel this insane urge to go and take action of any sort. i have nothing to complain about. in 2021 i joined here because i literally felt retarded for not having had any sex in my whole life despite being 25 years old.

maybe the only thing that will bring me out of complacency is some good ol' wall staring and pulling away for deep introspection again.

i'll say that i am definitely NOT living my ideal life though. i spend most of my time at home on the computer. even if it's being productive working on a side project, it still puts me in this weird antisocial and siloed world of the computer. i feel too satiated by it and my brain's decision paths feel too governed by "always knowing all of the information in advance, being able to have access to any information i want, being able to see how people are doing in an instant". feels very unnatural.

i could sit here and expound upon my supposed ideal life. but part of me feels like i just made it up for the sake of conversation. perhaps it's not what i really want in life. and sometimes i'll feel guilty for not being hungry and wanting to chase certain things.

maybe the only thing i can do in this position is what any sane person would do. actually sit down and enjoy life. maybe it's fine to have a brief period of feeling mentally free from having a purpose. and let the purpose come to me. maybe i really need more of an exploratory period. and i have to tell myself it's okay to not have a thing i'm "grinding" for a while.

on the other hand another part of me is telling me my brain rewired itself to become complacent because it's too scared to take the next step. to embark upon the next evolution. that what i have now is "great" by all means and i should just be happy about it. i already "paid my dues", why do i need more?

the brain is craaaaazy
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ

πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!