colgate - first instadate of the year!!!

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:27 am

I just did 2 whatever approaches at the gym. No contacts. Also I've been rolling out messages to my 60+ contacts with no expectations. Mostly no responses, a couple lingering convos.

Also the girl I made out with last week in the classroom said that she just wants a single partner (her fwb) for now and declined hanging out with me again. But I'm fine with that because it's just a taste of what's to come if I keep hustling. Also I'm surprised she even responded to me anyway. Maybe I could have pushed more through text and maybe it was some advanced shit-test but I'm too new to be trying to figure out this game so I'll take the rejection I suppose haha.

I've only done about ~300 total approaches in Nashville so far, and I still have to wait for my current generation of text convos to "simmer". But the reason I don't even care about my contact acquisition is because I've literally had 0 dates from any of them, and a couple responses declining me. And seeing that I definitely can't do daily Mike Mehlman volume in Nashville, I'm going to change my cold approach strategy a bit, based on the feedback of a daygame chat member that actually did approach in this city.

So I think the "pinball" style of approach that Mike Mehlman does is basically insane, especially if you just go around asking for contact exchange (like I was yesterday). His style is evolving into pushing for instadates instead and not really caring about contacts (even as far as not even bothering to ask for them). Except for yesterday, I was doing something similar, but then I was extremely pushy with the contact acquisition (not as much with the instadates though). Regardless, I think it's highly effective in a place like intra-station Japan, where you could do 200 approaches in a day with not much trouble.

As I've iterated a few times on this thread, campus contact exchange rates are unusually high. But the response rate is way lower, so it's almost pointless, because many girls probably just felt pressured to give me their number, but then when I'm not in their presence and just texting, they can decline me.

I've been DMing the guy who used to approach in Nashville a lot for advice and he's provided a lot of value for me, and I want to try out his way for a while. I'm gonna be probably doing 10-20 approaches a day, but actually have a conversation with the girl I'm opening for a bit, and *then* go for the exchange. I think the Mike Mehlman line of reasoning against this is "you can have a 16 minute conversation with a girl and she'll still decline the exchange, so the length of the conversation doesn't matter", which is true to some degree if all you care about is getting the contact. But in this guy's observation, it's more likely the contact will actually still be receptive to you over text if you *do* have a brief convo with them (even with 3-5 canned questions). For context, most of my approaches have been "hey I think you're really cute/hot/attractive. are you free right now do you wanna grab a coffee. ok lets hang out later and exchange numbers" for the most part. He says that soup doesn't work as well in Nashville, and I like trying new things. Of course, rejections are still mileage and a prerequisite to positive outcomes. Arguably, this would harden you even *more* than 30sec-1min approach rejections, because now you have to be okay with investing a few minutes into a girl and taking a rejection. Also, you're forced to be vulnerable to the girl, and it's like a mini-date. Obviously I'd push for an instadate if possible which would be even better.
^my main point is that I want to put less emphasis on contact acquisition from now on.

That being said, I don't want to just "go to low profile venues and approach". I'm not banned from the side streets of the uni and I have some insatiable urge to still have a presence in the area. It just sounds insane. So long as I don't step inside the campus property, I should be good. But I'm not gonna be playing approach pinball, and I'm gonna be deliberately targeting girls who are probably just doing nothing. I've proven to myself that I can do dicey approaches and high volume, and now I have no fears about directly opening girls.

Also based on my own observation and this guy's observation, looks DO matter. Not that I look bad or anything, but I definitely need to be more serious about getting jacked and looking more edgy, even for day/nightgame strats. I also need to be around more masculine energy in general and be more of a fighter, so I'm gonna sign up for boxing classes. While I go to the gym 3x a week and have never missed a day (I like going to the gym lol), I really slack with eating enough calories per day. I bought a portable smoothie blender so I can make protein shakes on the go and fill up 3000 calories a day. I've literally been stuck at 138 lbs since I joined this forum and it's my biggest weakness right now. My goal was to be 150 lbs, but the Nashville approach guy said 160. I just wanna hit 140 god :cry:

Had another discussion with @Manganiello as well, and he and I are kind of on a similar wavelength. Yeah, OLD is more productive and will produce results faster if you follow Andy's guide, and I can also lower my standards (I could have easily made out with the 50-60yo chick 2 nights ago), but I basically hate feeling "lucky". I did listen to Andy's podcast "You don't have to SUFFER to reach your goals", and I agree with the point that you shouldn't suffer to reach your goals just to get social credibility. But I realized that's not why I'm such a weird masochist about these kinds of things. I'm just very sentimental about first times and first experiences and feeling like I really earned my rewards instead of just winning the lottery. It could be counterproductive, and I don't expect praise or people to laud me for it, but that's just how I am. I still swipe on Tinder because I set up a profile and paid for Platinum anyway, but it's not going to be anything I really care or focus on, because I really want to lose my v-card from cold approach (day or night game idc), and not feel like I just got "lucky". For context, I had 2 kisses before joining this forum but I didn't feel like I earned them at all, the stars just aligned and they happened. On the other hand, the one I had last week felt like my "real" first kiss or something. It's kind of silly I suppose, but again, that's just how I am.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 am

colgate wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:27 am
Also based on my own observation and this guy's observation, looks DO matter. Not that I look bad or anything, but I definitely need to be more serious about getting jacked and looking more edgy, even for day/nightgame strats. I also need to be around more masculine energy in general and be more of a fighter, so I'm gonna sign up for boxing classes. While I go to the gym 3x a week and have never missed a day (I like going to the gym lol), I really slack with eating enough calories per day. I bought a portable smoothie blender so I can make protein shakes on the go and fill up 3000 calories a day. I've literally been stuck at 138 lbs since I joined this forum and it's my biggest weakness right now. My goal was to be 150 lbs, but the Nashville approach guy said 160. I just wanna hit 140 god :cry:
100%. Probably some low hanging fruit with style as well. Also if you're not wearing inserts you should slap yourself
colgate

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:04 am

Rags2Bitches wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:51 am
Also if you're not wearing inserts you should slap yourself
I purchased the inserts that Andy recommended, but none of them actually fit in my shoes. Like my shoes are too loose then and come off, even at 1 level.

If you have inserts, do you have some shoe/boot recommendations that go along with yours?
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
5'5" indian in πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έβ†’πŸ‡―πŸ‡΅, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:20 am

nah i only wear comfortable 0.5” ones but i’m 6’1

gotta be high top sneakers or combat/chelsea boots. all my combat boots have 1+ inch heels anyway. not sure if going up a size makes the inserts more comfortable, lemme ask around
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:30 am

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:26 am
Sorry guys I'm really bad at lowering my standards lol.
NEVER lower your standards!!! You are a king!
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am
I think I was already bound to get kicked out at this point so if it wasn't today, it would have been tomorrow.
They banned you for being ballsy you STUD!
Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:29 am
I don't even want to fuck with online dating until I get laid once from approach
NOOOOO!!!! Just do it. I was in a year and a half long dry spell and Andy's guide saved my tinder life. I was with a smart girl really cool earlier this year who straight up said she was too afraid to approach people in public. Just do OLD as extra it takes minimal effort and gets you dates. The approach is nothing to you now but it could still be nerve wracking for her. Also my smarty pants was super freaky and submissive in bed just the way I like them. ;) Never discount the quiet types. Hey however you are fucking killing it and are at GOD level status for approaching what 150 women in a single day. You do you man, I'm rooting for you no matter what path you go down to win.
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:04 am
If you have inserts,
I've found walking around with inserts makes my feet and legs hurt if im doing a lot of walking. I'm 6' though so height isn't my issue but hey i'll never deny an extra inch. ;)
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle
colgate

Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:36 am

Dewm wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:30 am
I've found walking around with inserts makes my feet and legs hurt if im doing a lot of walking. I'm 6' though so height isn't my issue but hey i'll never deny an extra inch.
I used to have it in my sig but I'm 5'5". I used to care a lot about it, now I don't give a fuck, but if I really don't give a fuck then I should be okay with using inserts to increase it when I can. weird logic i guess haha
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:34 am

LOL let 'em ban.

You ban them back!

Harder, with more gusto!!

Keep hammering, and one day, the banee, will become the banner!!

Solid work all round, you are a robotic approach machine, and I like it, lol.

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
colgate

Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:40 pm

I started writing this log last night but I ended up falling asleep in the middle of it. Finishing it up now

As I said in my post yesterday, I want to divide some of my focus between approach and looks, rather than purely going for approach alone. I've gotten massive confidence and audacity gains from doing those long approach sessions in the past week and a half, but I want to experiment with some more laid back approach styles (investing more into the actual girl you're talking to instead of going for pure volume with soup, of course with the mindset that rejection is mileage, and you still have to embrace a rejection even if you have an 8 minute conversation with a "deep connection" (in fact, this is way harder than taking rejections on 30sec-1min approaches because you actually had to put yourself out there and "invest" in it)).

My biggest weakness for looks is that I've been fucking stuck at 138 lbs since I joined this forum. It's because while I've sporadically said "I'm going to eat 3000 calories a day", I've never been serious about staying consistent about that and I end up just always eating maintenance calories, so I plateau early on my lifts. So I'm going to start tracking that in my daily logs with Cronometer. Based on this calculator: https://www.calculators.org/health/weight-gain.php, if I eat ~3000 calories a day for the next 3 months, I should be 150 lbs by the new year. So I'm gonna track what I'm eating and post it as part of my daily log now.

Getting Jacked

I approximated the tacos since they were from some restaurant.

Also, I signed up and participated in boxing classes for the first time. I'll be doing that on days I'm not lifting.

Getting Edgy
Got this piercing (my first ever)

Also booked an appointment at the hair salon to intensify my highlights. I got highlights for the first time 2 weeks ago but they're too safe and not really noticeable imo.

Getting Laid
I did 6 daygame approaches just when I was going about my day. I'm not gonna talk about contact acquisition because it doesn't really matter for me now. Also I'm experimenting with being less soupy on the interaction. As I said earlier, I'm not extending the interaction to increase the likelihood of an exchange, but rather I'm seeing if it has an increased likelihood of not ghosting if I do get an exchange. This is based on the advice of the guy who used to approach in Nashville and got laid a lot from cold approach btw. I only care about this because I've not gotten a single regular date out of probably close to 70~80 contacts (I was expecting literally maybe 1 or 2)..

Also went out at night. I'm at square one with this and I'm gonna do a similar strategy to what I did with approach to increase my confidence at night. I set out to approach 1 girl and escalate some physical contact with her (if she rejects it, thats ok, "the approach is the success").

First attempt, there was this trio with dyed hair (wigs). I approach the one with red hair and she told me her name is "Blaze" lmao. Anyway we chat for a few minutes but then her friend like, spills her drink or something all over herself idk. Anyway, Blaze tells me to "hold on I'll get back to you" (not the first time I've been told this) and pats me on the shoulder. I decide to chill for a sec and then this biker dude shows up. He starts talking to me like "that's my sister, she's really crazy isn't she". I'm like "haha yeah, I just went up to her and started chatting, she seems cool. whats your name?" He thought I asked "what's her name?", and he immediately got ultra defensive and was like "I'm not telling you her name". I clarified that I was asking his name and then he told me and we chatted for maybe 30 more seconds and then I sat down again. Later this other chick comes up to me and introduces herself to me and is like "she's really hot isn't she". I'm like "yeah she is, i went up to her and started chatting" and she's like "her BOYFRIEND thinks she's hot too". i'm like lmaoooooo i'm getting tested. I reply "she doesn't have a boyfriend", "well she does but you're more than welcome to chill". Throughout all of these side-interactions, Blaze is still dealing with her friend's ?????? and I decide to eject out of the venue after a minute.

Second attempt, I walk into a karaoke bar and go to the back. See a trio and open a girl. This one is more normal. I start chatting with the girl and she tells me she's 30. @lacroix told me to take a pic with the girl I approach so I asked the girl if we could take a selfie and she said sure! This was also a bit of a "hack" to get my arm around her, but I didn't keep it there. We chatted for a few more minutes and I decided to tell her we should go outside where it's quieter and chill there. I pushed 1-2x (she was saying I wanna accompany my friends), but then I just asked for her number if we could hang out later and she said she has a boyfriend. Decided to end the interaction by extending my arms out for a hug lol.

So dunno if either of these count really, but I got a little more progress with the second attempt? I definitely need to be way more pushy and more physical early on.

Anyway I'm gonna try this again next time. Also I'm very open to any nightgame advice y'all might have based on these two attempts.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:22 am

Food
I'll edit this part with what I ate today in a bit. Just writing this log from my phone while I wait for my 3 am pizza to be cooked.

I need to buy a scale here so I'll start updating my weight tomorrow.

Gym
Squats 3x5 - 150 lbs
Bench 8/8/10/8 - 135 lbs, 5 - 145 lbs
Deadlift 8 - 135 lbs, 5 - 185 lbs, 5 - 260 lbs
Upright Rows 3x8 - 80 lbs

My former olympic weightlifter roommate gave me a new program idea so starting next week, I'll be changing my workout up.

Daygame
Total: 1/4

I did 2 approaches at the gym and 2 approaches when I was out doing errands. Had a really whiny day though that can be summed up by this image:
Screenshot_20211002-025053-149.png
Image in the pic is me complaining that about getting 0 replies to 20 of my contacts ghosting me when I soup texted.

So I do need to spend at least an hour a day approaching. And I mean the Mike Mehlman style pinball approaching. Even after only 2 days of not doing mass approach, I already felt way too in my head and whiny throughout the day. Approaching 16 girls in 20 minutes is the only way I can maintain my audacity and confidence 🀷

Plus the way the Nashville guy said to approach is predicated upon me being super jacked and having high SMV. While I'm focusing on maxing that out now, it seems like all I can do in the meanwhile is high volume approach. And when I do fewer approaches in a day, I already lose drive and confidence even after a couple days. I'll probably experiment with his way on my day to day approaches but simultaneously do high volume sessions.

Nightgame
Physical screens: 2

My goal was the same as last night, initiate physical screening with 1 girl.

x - I open a girl from a trio pretty normally (I call her cute), and we start chatting. Shortly after, some other dude shows up and tells the ladies he'll pay one of them $20 to dance with him. They all non-react and so he pushes $25 on one of the girls and they dance (even though nobody else was dancing). Kind of amusing and me and the girl I opened giggle about it. But I couldn't get any physical contact going so this doesn't count. Eventually the girls are like "we're gonna go pee" and I dip.
1 - pussed out for 20 minutes and then just went up to her (trio sitting down). tapped her on the arm, she looked at me, and i immediately put my arm around her and tell her she's hot. I get pretty much immediately declined with bf. but this was a big epiphany for me because I realized it's way easier and more effective to just to initiate the physical contact before saying anything. In fact, you don't need to verbally open a girl to do screening (unlike daygame). The main point of value here is that had I not put my arm around her, we would have had a 4 minute conversation about whatever, and then I would say something to advance the discussion and THEN she would decline me. So this is how I can really quickly screen girls and potentially go for high volume in the future.
x - after pussing out for 7 minutes, i tap girl on arm, say let's dance. she says something and immediately scurries off.
x - tap girl on arm, point out 2 ppl dancing like crazy and say "yo lets dance like those guys" and put my arm out. she says "no thanks" and her friend takes her arm and says that she's taken.
x - stare at a girl for 6 minutes and then she leaves. holy fuck i haven't had this bad of a non-approach since mid august
2 - @goldfish told me to not even ask the girl to dance and just do it. had to use "the time to hesitate has ceased", but after pussing out for 1-2 mins I tap her on the arm. then i just grab her hand and we start dancing for a minute or two. I twirl her around a few times and then I grab her waist. She dips after 5 seconds so I decide to chase her for fun to try to get her back. I guess she wasn't playing a game cuz she latched onto a gay looking dude so I dipped haha. What I love about this interaction is we said 0 words to each other.

Yeah so I'm gonna screen 3 girls tomorrow night (or close one). I have a lot of "screening anxiety" but hopefully like approaching, if I keep just increasing the number of girls I screen a night, it won't be a big deal and I can start doing high-volume sessions at some point.

So my new strategy is just immediately get my arm around a girl before I say anything, because she'll either immediately decline me (default) or accept it and THEN we can have a convo. And if it's a dance floor, just immediately grab her hands and start dancing, then go for the waist and see what happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:00 pm

NICE WORK COLGATE :D
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
colgate

Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Food
Weight: 141.0 lbs
I've been trying to eat out more and eating larger/more meals throughout the day. Hard to count the calories but I'll record my weight. My weight shot up in the past few days because I ate a whole pizza within a 12 hour time span 2 days ago, plus I've just been trying to eat whenever I have the opportunity. The only macro I care about is getting enough protein, otherwise I am just doing a "dirty bulk". I know cutting will be really easy for me if I start looking phat, but first I have to get to that point.

Daygame
Total: 0/8
Ended up taking a 3 hour nap for no reason when I intended on going out to get a quick sesh. Bad excuse, but I went out anyway. Low volume around the uni, and I pussed out a lot at the mall. I feel like I dropped 4 or 5 rungs on the audacity ladder and I'm caring too much about outcome orientation again.

Nightgame
Physical screens: 3
Receptive/Neutral: 2
Unreceptive: 1

Receptive/Neutral is if the girl lets me keep my arm around her and doesn't decline me for the duration of the interaction. Unreceptive is if she does decline me.

I went out to Broadway a bit late, around 11pm, but I was able to screen a girl pretty much immediately upon walking into the first club.
1 - quad at a table. tap her to get her attention, put arm around her as usual. tell her she's cute. says thank you. ask what she's doing tonight. hanging with friends. ask if i can pull up a chair and chill. she's like we ALL have boyfriends. I'm like you ALL have boyfriends? she's like yeah we ALL do. i leave

Then I pussed out for over an hour. I don't know why I was able to do that initial screen so easily, but then I had mad anxiety for the next hour.
x - spot a girl from above, go down on the floor, can't find her. there were probably like 4 or 5 other girls I could have just screened but I just pussed out instead and left.
x - quad, 20s hottie at a table with 60yo women. some bigass dude was kinda talking to them, and then he bought the table drinks. The moment I saw this, I perceived this screen as extremely dicey. I bought a $9.32 drink for myself and literally sat at the bar for 20 minutes. Then they all got up and started dancing a bit. Thought about trying to dance with the girl but I instead stood for another 10 minutes. I eventually just left.
x - rooftop bar, duo. I see them on the dance floor and do nothing. I go to the bar to chill, and they come over there. I do everything in my power to look away from them....wtf

Then it started fucking raining. I'm like lol this is what you get for pussing out for an hour, but I had to get 3 screens done tonight so I couldn't go home. Walk into another place, and had to use "the time to hesitate...has ceased" again
2 - quad. tap her on the shoulder, put my arm around her.
me: hey you're pretty
her: thanks
me: whats your name
her: [name]
me: what are you doing tonight
her: i'm out with my friends
me: thats cool what do you do for work
her: [occupation]
me: cool im a software engineer
me: how old are you, like 25?
her: I'm 39
me: thats cool im into that
Tension was way too high for me and I couldn't continue the convo or escalate from here, so I just leave again. But this chick was pretty neutral and I should have continued the interaction.

Still raining hard AF, I go into another bar soaked. See a hottie 2-3in taller than I.
3 - solo, tap her on the shoulder. put my arm around her.
me: hey i think you're really cute
her: thanks!
me: whats your name
her: [name]
me: we should go out and run in the rain
*she laughs* her: its raining?? ugh i hate when it rains i dont wanna do that
me: so what are you doing tonight
her: im waiting for my friend she's in the bathroom
me: what are those drinks you're holding
her: tequila pineapple vodka
me: that sounds fucking gross
*she laughs*
me: how old are you
her: im 21
I think we had another 30 sec of convo but I don't remember. Tension felt way too high again and I dipped. This one seemed pretty receptive to me too, but I couldn't escalate.

So while I still have a degree of screening anxiety, I'm kind of getting the hang of it. On the other hand, with nightgame you also have to escalate and I definitely have MAD escalation anxiety. I think my high volume cold approach gave me an advantage to approach alright at night and I have some tricks to help me pull the trigger when I really can't do it (the time to hesitate has ceased), but on the other hand I have no conversational skills under high tension. I can hold a 4 hour conversation if it's just casual, but all of that goes out the window when I'm physically in a girl's presence, and I just flee after a few minutes without advancing the interaction.

I'll probably read some GLL stuff today but my plan for tonight should be "screen x girls until you get a receptive/neutral one, don't cop out so early during the interaction, and then ATTEMPT an escalation". Probably will think of 10 questions or so to ask the girl, and relax a bit more so I can deregulate myself more easily.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
colgate

Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:24 am

Mostly uneventful and chill Sunday, but posting to be consistent.

Scale said I was 145 but I ate a lot of food today??? I'll edit this tomorrow morning with my weight after I wake up.
Breakfast:
- Kashi GO 12g protein cereal
- 2 cups whole milk
- 30g protein shake
- clementine
Dinner:
- bigass Chipotle burrito with brown rice, beans, brisket, sour cream, cheese, salsa, queso. chips and salsa
- 2 cups whole milk while chilling with housemates
2 am meal:
- Ate half of a 16 in calzone because i realized i probably didnt get 3000 cal earlier. probably should be good now

I spent more of today just changing various aspects of my style, including intensifying my hair highlights and spending $386 on clothes. I'll do another photoshoot at some point but here's approximately what I ended up coming up with.
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-03 at 19.14.53.jpeg
I bought a leather jacket, black jeans, gray jeans, and ripped black jeans (all skinny fit).

Did 1 daygame approach for the lolz. Was at the laundromat and opened a duo. Apparently the girls in the duo were gay. Here's how that went:
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-03 at 22.24.26.jpeg
^unfortunately this is true lmfao. but one day it'll work....................................
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
πŸ’πŸ½β€β™‚οΈπŸΆ
πŸ“– My Story

πŸ₯° dating log
πŸ’ͺ🏾 training log

see my interview!
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:33 am

Good start, you need better shoes

Combat boots for the edge, or lo white tennis shoes for something a little more refined
colgate

Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:43 am

Okay, the Walmart scale I bought sucks ass, so I'm just going to weigh myself everytime I'm at the gym.
Weight: 139.2 lbs

btw, I post my gym sessions in case anyone wants to critique them. I'm trying something new where I focus on an exercise+assistance work for that exercise to blow it up faster. Also experimenting with incrementing the weight during the workout if the lift feels "easy" So we'll see how that goes over the coming months.
Gym
Bench Press - 155x5/155x5/160x5/160x5/165x3(failed)/155x3 -> next: 165 5x4
Close Grip Bench Press - 115 3x8 -> next: DB Bench Press 40 3x8
Weighted Pullups - 25x5/25x5/25x5/25x4(failed)/20x5 -> next: 25 5x5
DB Rows - 50 3x8 -> next: Lat Pulldown: ??? 3x8

Food
Breakfast:
- 40g protein shake from gym
- Finished other half of 16 in calzone
- 30g protein shake with soy milk
Dinner:
- 300g chicken thighs
- 2 cups whole milk
- lots of slices of ham
- Kashi GO 12g protein cereal
Midnight:
- 6 egg yolks
^btw, does anyone have ideas for how to calorie count/nutrition fact food from out? i mean popular restaurants have nutrition facts on cronometer, but not local ones. I know the biggest pitfall "hardgainers" have is overestimating how many calories they eat so I just want to make sure I don't run into that. One of my strategies has been "do the opposite of weight loss advice", so I've been eating out whenever I can, and ordering something large.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure the above is >3000 calories.

Daygame
1 gym approach. happened to be a trainer. said she wasn't available this week and isn't looking for anything but exchanged anyway. Definitely saw other cute girls at the gym but I didn't feel like approaching (including one that came next to me while I was doing pullups and we chatted for a sec). I don't feel anxiety, but more malaise? I think the malaise comes from expecting too much from the only 300~400 approaches I've done, and I don't feel the drive I did in the past few weeks. I know you're not supposed to be outcome-oriented and my motto is even "rejection is mileage" but I really need to internalize it better.

Random thoughts
I was gonna write a long section about some latent thoughts I had, but I realized writing them out and discussing them is solidifying them for no reason. It was basically a bunch of extrapolations I've made about women and my perspectives, but they're faulty because I have no experience lol. I mainly need to stfu and continue progressing.
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 12.46.07 AM.png
I didn't do a daygame sesh because of my bad time management. I'll just try to retrace my day here:
11:30 - woke up (I need to get up earlier, especially on gym days)
12:00 - gym
13:00 - breakfast (took forever to eat it, was eating it until 15:30)
13:30 - work meeting
14:00 - putting some clothes away
14:30 - i think i was eating and screwing around on my computer, and noodling on my guitar?
15:30 - go to cafe to get work done (i didnt get that much done but a somewhat ok amount?)
19:30 - came home and spent more time on the computer and probably noodling on my guitar
21:00 - dinner
talked with my housemate until around 23:30 about girls and etc. tbh I think when I first joined the forums and before that I just wanted a gf but I don't know how to get that at all (as in the normie committed type of relationship that most of my friends have), plus with a gf I feel like I have to care about commitment and etc and now I literally get off to the idea of brute force approaching hundreds of girls a week and hooking up with them once. but all of this is just fantasy and speculation from having no experience lol.
on the computer up until now (01:30), gonna go to bed and try to wake up earlier. i REALLY need to work on time management, especially now that i'm back to work again.

edit: thought I DO want to solidify by expressing it

Either I can complain about my disadvantages and do absolutely nothing and get no outcomes, or I can give myself a chance now that I *have* the power and awareness to change myself.

I've always thought about "what can I do RIGHT NOW" to make my situation better, and I feel like I lost sight of that in the past few days. so I'm gonna start actively thinking about that again
CainGettingLaid
Name: Cain
Goal: sexual mastery

Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:31 pm

In terms of muscle gain, it is slow progress. Getting two pounds of muscle a month is VERY good I think. That means that there is absolutely no point in measuring your weight frequently. Eating much, when you go to the restroom, how much water is stored in your connective tissue and so on make differences of much more than two. Measuring daily or even weekly will give you nothing but noise and distracting data that is of absolutely no use to you except for distracting you.

I recommend weighing yourself once a month in the morning before breakfast after going to the restroom. NOT more often. You might get months where you have gained no weight on the scale but that is just randomness in measurement of the mentioned factors. The noise will hide your progress even on a monthly scale, so don't be discouraged.

Instead of tracking your weight closely, track your workouts and muscle aches. If you do a full-body workout every 2-3 day and have a good muscle ache the day after and you have a significant caloric surplus, you WILL gain muscle. It's that simple. Track these things closely which you can control, not the fucking data noise of frequent weight measurement.

Just to avoid confusion: Alternating muscle groups and going to the gym more frequently works too of course. Muscle aches are not necessary for muscle growths but a good indicator that you have done enough to get overload.

Would really like to pitch in my opinion on your cold approach stuff as well, but I am not experienced enough at all to give advice on that yet.