Progress Journal (Weight Loss & Money)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
OJB
Name: Ory
Goal: Make money
Motto: He who dares, wins.

Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:51 pm

Hello guys, I'm back.

I was here last year, but didn't do so good--I was not in a good state of mind (Shutdown blues +Broke).

In any case, I saw this really bad picture of me from a party in March:
Fat as Fuck.png
The above picture I weigh: 273.8 lbs.

Since March I've gotten my weight down to: 254.4lbs which isn't great, but it is better. The first few months (March-June), I attempted to count calories for my diet, and pretty much sucked at it. I was able to get from 273.8 to 265.2 lbs, which while my weight was going down, It was so fucking slow and I thought of just quitting; however (and this is what made me decide to come back), I saw Andy's video on the Carnivore diet on YouTube and decided to give it a go instead of counting calories. In the last three weeks I've lost 10.8 lbs.

I've also been doing a little V-log on YouTube to keep track of it (I do the V-logs on my off days from the gym program).

Also, (This was more from advice from Caleb Jones), I been paying off debt when I have extra money. In the last three weeks I've reduced my debt from: $6,900.00 to $4,555.00, which in turn eliminated 3 out of the 4 sources of debt I had.

I hoping that I lose at least another 2 lbs by the end of this week, getting me to 12lbs loss in a month; regardless, I plan on taking 4-week progress pictures this Friday (my weigh-in day), and I will post them.

That's all I got,

-OJB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OJB on Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:34 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:00 am

That's actually pretty impressive if you compare your past results attempts with your newly focused ones. Be sure to give yourself proper credit, and take some time to project where you could be by the end of the year; the time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well make sure time works in your favor.
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739
OJB

Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:06 am

Vice wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:00 am
take some time to project where you could be by the end of the year
I've taken some time to reflect on this statement. I'd like, and am pushing towards, to being debt free and around 230-235lbs by the end of the year.

--

V-log # 9 (I've been doing these over the last month):

--

In summary:

I've have lost 4 lbs this week.

Over the last 4 weeks I've:

1. Lost -14.8 lbs

2. Eliminated $2,346.00 in debt (the break down of this is in the video).

--

As promise, pictures (I am a terrible picture taker).

265.2 lbs pictures (4 weeks ago)
265.4 (2).JPG
265.4.JPG
250,4 lbs pictures (This morning)
250.4 front.JPG
250.4 side.JPG
--

That's all I got.

--OJB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vice
Goal: Hit 190 lbs

Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:38 am

There’s a stud in your body, mind, and soul coming out. Continue helping him!
Vice's Log (Threesomes, military adventures, online dating shitshow, and shaking off the rust from night game: viewtopic.php?t=739
OJB

Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:52 pm

Today's my off day from the gym, so that means V-log.

Here is # 10:

--
In Summary: I've been under a lot of stress the last few days over a work project (which will be done tomorrow). Wanting to relive some of the future stress from work I'll have to do 2 things:

1. Create a better system to accomplishing this type of work project (I'm still rather new to this particular type of work this new customer has been giving me).
2. I need to hire another guy. (The project I've been on is really a 2-man job I've been attempting to do by myself).

--
Also I've been reflecting on the idea of social programming (people telling you what to do in life) and how to combat it. The favorite advice I've read is to not take advice from people who have no accomplished what you want out of life. (Caleb Jones/Black Dragon is who I've been reading on this subject).

--

I'll be back Friday with my new weight (I've been doing really well this week with my high protein/low-no carb diet).
OJB

Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 pm

Friday weigh-in day.

--

Vlog # 11:

--
In summary:

1. I lost another -5.6 lbs this week (My current weight is 244.8 lbs)
2. I paid $555.00 towards my debt. I now owe a clean $4000.00
3. I reflect on Caleb Jones/Blackdragon's concept of OBW (Basically reacting from a place of fear, anger or jealousy).
4. Had a stressful week at work but got through it and obtained a new client.

--

This has been a solid week progression wise. I am very exhausted from work, however, and look forward to taking the rest of the night off.

--

My next V-log will be Tuesday

--
Question: Is NLP legit? I am dubious to rather or not this is real.

--

That's all I got.

-OJB
OJB

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 pm

Happy Tuesday!

--

V-Log # 12:

--
In Summary, I rate myself in terms of weakness in certain areas:

1. Do I conform to other people's desires? Sometimes 50/50.
2. Do I have internal security (meaning can I sorely rely on myself for income)? No, but am working on this.
3. Do I try to control others. Yes.
4. Do I create drama? No, in fact I often avoid it.
5. Do I seek other people's approval? Yes--I like to perform for other people.
6. Do I hate I being alone? No, I actually enjoy having time to myself and can do lots of things alone.

--

I well be back Friday with my new weight.

--

That's all I got for today,

-OJB
OJB

Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:56 pm

Happy Friday:

--

A couple things:

1. I gained + 2.6 lbs this week (I was very sloppy with the diet this week).
2. My glasses got destroyed at work today--I got an eye appointment Wednesday to get a new pair.

Not a good day. I don't know why, but this week I just felt exhausted and really struggled to get all my workouts done, but I did. I was also in the mood where I could have just eaten anything and everything and really had to fight to stop myself from just eating a ton. Going to brush myself off, and move into next week with the goal of just eating clean every day.

--

My next V-log will be Tuesday.

--OJB
Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:36 am

If you're gaining weight because you're stressed out, it's called eating your feelings. It's definitely something I struggle with, too. Currently I'm on a stupid experimental crash diet, but next week I'll be back to hammering away at my emotional eating habit. I read some stuff that was really interesting, and it was working for me, so maybe it'll work for you.

To learn not to eat your feelings, you need to:

1) Learn to differentiate between physical hunger and emotional hunger.
2) Learn to notice how full you are while eating.
3) Stop eating when you are no longer hungry.

The approach I took was kind of like making each meal a small mindfulness session. I would start by noticing how hungry I currently was, and considering how much of this was real hunger versus emotional hunger. Then I would start eating. I'd set a timer for 15 minutes, and try to take that long to eat the meal. No screens allowed, but I could read a book if I wanted. So then I could spend the time focusing on the food, on how full I felt, or generally just taking time out of my day to relax. Then once the 15 minutes were up, I would consciously try to think if I was full enough to make it to the next meal just as I was starting to get hungry again. If I thought not, I would wait 10 minutes, and then get seconds.

The benefit here is that you can practice all this with any diet at any meal. So when life is going pretty well, you can build up these skills, and then when life is really stressful you can use them to fight the good fight.
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
OJB

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:02 am

Mid-week update:

V-Log:

--
Summary:

1. Diet has been really solid this week.
2. I've been taking evening walks to help relieve some of my stress.
3. I took a look how I currently spend my time and how (in a perfect week) I'd like to spend my time. (This is what makes up the majority of the v-log).
4. I'm trying to get better quality sleep (currently I don't sleep well through the night).
5. I have my eye doctor appointment tomorrow.
OJB

Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:18 am

Friday Log:

--

Summary:
1. I'm down -3.6lbs this week, bringing my total weight to 243.8 lbs
2. I paid $500.00 more toward my debt, getting my debt to $3,500.00
3. Next week will be new pictures. I'm gong to really push myself to keep eating clean this next week as I'd like to end month 2 on a good note.
4. I'm going to take the next few days to write down my core beliefs and standards (this is something Caleb/Blackdragon suggests.)
--

My next V-Log will be Monday.

--OJB
OJB

Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:21 am

V-log # 16:

--

Summary:
1. I thought out of the 12 standards I wish live my life by. (That's the majority of the v-log).
2. Diets been solid the first half of this week (Though, I am really getting sick of chicken).
3. New pictures of myself this Friday.
4. Some days I think about skipping dinner as a I sleep a lot better on an empty stomach.
5. I did 200 push-ups/200 pulls up Saturday-- My right arm is soar because of it.

--

I have two more V-logs this week (Thursday and Friday). I am to lose at least 2 lbs this week. I'd like to end month 2 on a good note.

-OJB
OJB

Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:30 pm

V-Log # 17:

--

This week I accomplished
1. Lost -0.2 lbs (Not good)
2. Eliminated another $500 worth of debt.

--
This Month I accomplished
1. Lost -6.8 lbs
2. Eliminated $1555.00 worth of debt.

--
What is left?
1. I still have 43.6 lbs to go until I hit my 200lbs weight goal (At this point I will re-evaluate and pick a new weight goal).
2. I still have $3000.00 worth of debt to pay off.

--

New plan of attack.

1. Usually, I do one cheat meal a week (I know, it is bad). I'm going to do a 15 day meat and veggie only meal plan, and not eat anything that is suspect (a lot more food has sugar in it than I even realized.)

-On the plus side, I've not missed 1 workout from my workout plan. Let's hope I can finish up month 3 strong.

-OJB
OJB

Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:43 am

V-log # 18:

--

Summary:

1. I had a minor cold this week (Tuesday I was dead to the world), but am 100% better (still bit of a running nose). Because of this, I missed 2 of workouts.
2. Despite the above, I still lost -2.4 lbs this week! A good start to the month (Not calendar month, workout-program month).
3. My goals this week is to complete the 2 missed workouts, and to finish writing my personal mission statement and a list of goals I want to accomplish with my life.

P.S the audio for my v-logs is so fucking bad >.<

--

-OJB
OJB

Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:42 am

My little V-log:

--

Summary:
1. I lost another -4.2 lbs this week.
2. I've been skipping dinner, not so much for weight loss, but I sleep 100% better on an empty stomach.
3. While I have over-all-goals (Currently, get to 200lbs & and reduce my debt to $0.00), I'm going to start posting/doing Weekly and daily goals (Only 1-2 per each).

--
This Weeks Goals

1. Finish writing out all my life-time goals (goal both big and small I'd like to do before I die), and prioritize them both in terms of importance and when I want to have them accomplished.

--

Tomorrow's goals:

1. Hit the gym for some weight lifting.
2. Meet a friend for Breakfast.

--