Progress Journal (Weight Loss & Money)

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Sat Dec 18, 2021 1:21 am

I've personally noticed, and seen in others, that bench responds very well to increased frequency. You can deadlift once a week and make progress for a long time, but I've never seen that work for bench. I wouldn't drop the other stuff, I'd just start adding another bench session in the week. Most people I've seen make optimal progress with 2-4 times a weekk. All the people I've seen doing only twice a week bench (and steadily increasing weight) are doing a lot of assistance instead.
OJB
Name: Ory
Goal: Make money
Motto: He who dares, wins.

Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:05 pm

Hello guys, here is my 5-week/month review

V-log:

--

I've a lot of things to go over, but let us get into it.

1. In regards to weight loss, I've lost 0.8 lbs this week. I thought I would have lost more as I ate clean this week but I think the weeks of my losing 4+ lbs are over. I imagine the last 20-40 lbs I need to lose will be much slower, and I will be likely only losing 0.5-2.00 lbs per week. Regardless, I am currently at 220.6 lbs, -52.2 lbs from where I originally started last year. In the last 5 weeks I've lost a total of 10.2 lbs.

2. Side business-wise, I created another power point presentation for my YouTube Podcast. The last 5 weeks look like this:
Week 1: Bought Caleb Jones' business course.
Week 2: Finish the business course and had a list of ideas.
Week 3: Bought a planner and created a business plan.
Week 4: Created 1st Power Point presentation.
Week 5: Created 2nd power point presentation.

I'd like to double my weekly output for this.

3. I read another chapter from 7 habits of highly effective people. I've only been reading 1 chapter a week and attempting to implement the ideas into my life. I have a bad habit of reading stuff like this too quickly and not using anything I learned. So I figure If I just work on a chapter a week, and I mean really work on it, I'll get more out of these books.

There are a couple of things this week that really stuck with me, but I'll give the top 3 that I liked.

1. Being proactive is basically the skill where you do not let emotion drive you decision making but take a moment to consider the outcome you desire and all your possible choices before making a decision. I think most people know to do this but I can certainly say that I don't always make the best decisions at a given moment and do sometimes let my emotions get the best of me.

2 The second thing he suggests is that you always keep your commitments and promises.

3. The third thing he suggest (which fits right into this forum) is that you set goals and work towards achieving them.

All the advice seems simple, but sometimes the simplest advice is the hardest to follow and implement.

The last thing he suggest was to write out a few problems you have and figure out ways to eliminate them. I ended up writing 16, lol. This book is not the only one who has suggested I find and eliminate things that cause stress. Caleb suggests it, and the guy I take health advice from (Dr. Eric Berg) suggests that eliminating things that cause you stress is important for both health and happiness.

I want to be clear, I try to not to complain or put any type of negativity into my log, but sometimes you do have to list out problems so you can see what needs to be tackled and dealt with. So in no real order the list is.

1. The Vaccine Mandates--I want to be clear, I am pro-medicine, but the idea that Chicago is using businesses to either financially hurt people (firing people) or socially ostracize people (refuse them business) if they don't comply with the Vaxx mandate I find evil. If the businesses don't comply they get fined. Originally I was going to get the shot but when I heard the mandate I decided not to. By all right I should get the vaccine due to some lung issues I already have, but I find the whole situation fucked. What I most likely will do is get the shot but refuse to show or discuss it with any friends or family as I don't believe my personal medical life is anyone's business but my own. I'm more open to the idea to showing a business proof as they are put in a bad position (enforce the mandate or be fined out of business).

2. Lack of money--This has been on my mind for a long, long time. I'm working slowly (slower than I'd like) to solve this problem but it will take some time. Mainly, what I am trying to do is create three sources of income (offline thing, online thing, day trading thing) so that if something ever goes wrong again and we get lockdowns, I'm not financially hurting.

3. Taxes--my taxes are fucked. I don't even know where to start with this.

4. Health Insurance--Lack of work in 2020 lost me my health insurance.

5. Not enough time for my goals--I know Andy talks about this in a few of his podcasts, and this is more feeling than fact, but I do feel the weight of time (does that make sense?) pressing down on me. One of the things I've done is buy a scheduling book and I've been trying to write out lists of things to do daily and get them done so I can make progress in some of these areas.

6. Relationship with my father--I have a pretty good relationship with my dad but sometimes I feel like he believes his desires and wants out of life are the same as mine. I've started telling him (and other family members) flat out when I'm not interested in something and to not include me in the discussion or gossip hour. I'd say the biggest difference between us is he values money over time, while I value time over money; and he doesn't like being alone (hence why he stays married to a woman he by all rights should just divorce) while I enjoy my alone time and am not bothered by the aspect of loneliness.

7. Personal Phone--I had to cut costs during 2020, so I got rid of my personal phone and just have a work phone. I'd like to get a personal number back for obvious reasons.

8. Truck repairs: My truck needs two new tires, shocks, a new switch for the brights, some wiring work, and a new gas cap.

9. Teeth--I have one tooth that is out of alignment. I'd really like it fixed. It is the one physical aspect of myself I like the least.

10. Cysts (non cancerous, thank God)--This is something I've had since I was young and they've become way more noticeable since I've lost the weight. I'd like to have surgery to remove them.

11. New place to live--I know this is coming, but not when; the landlord has intentions of selling the place I am currently renting. I think he would have already done it if not for the virus.

12. Relationship with my mom--I found this out yesterday, and it really angered me, but my mom has been calling all my family members and telling them I'm anti-vaxx (at least that is what my Grandma told me). I've not confronted my mom about this yet, but it really cut deeply when I heard that. I told my Grandma that I don't discuss my medical history with anyone but my Dr. and that I would not engage in this conversation--she took my comment surprisingly well.

13. Customer relations--in my day job I have a few customers that causes me head aches. I'm trying to get better at negotiations so I can have better outcomes vs. when a customer complains about my prices and calls me 20x trying to find ways to save a few dollars. But I'm not sure what is the best method some days.

14. Paper work--I'm always behind on my paper work--I just don't feel like I have enough time.

15. --Meeting deadlines.--I always feel like I am 1 week behind everything. Again, hopefully me getting good with my time management will help this.

16. I do have a fear that the economy will collapse again (more shutdowns) before I have time to implement everything. I don't have any power over what the government does, but I'm sure I have more power/tools available to me than I realize.

I don't have a plan/solution for everyone of these problems, nor do I have a good idea on which one to tackle first, but I am going to have to start ridding myself of these stresses one by one.

--

I'm taking a mini-vacation this week between the rest of today and New Years Days, no diet or working out for a whole week. When I get back I want to grind out the last of my fat I need to lose, start eliminating some of these stressors, and continue on trying to make side income. I have a lot of my plate; if I can even get half of this done, I'd be happy.

That's all for this week,

--OJB
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:36 pm

Hey Dude, congrats on the weight loss! It's no small feat.
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle
OJB

Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:36 pm

I am back from my mini vacation.

I did work on my mission statement this week (something a lot of self-improvement gurus suggest). In a nutshell it is a brief description of what my ideal life would look like.

--

So, I plan to keep pushing with my weight loss, and I really defined what my measurable objectives are for this goal. For me to consider this goal 'accomplished' I need to hit the three following markers.

1. 200 lbs or less.
2. A 32-34 waist.
3. 10%-17% Body fat.

I picked these markers because at my height this would be what is considered as fit & healthy stats. The only one that is a little vague is the body fat %, but once I hit 200 lbs, I'll have a better idea what this actually means. I would like to have hit these markers by June 1st (just in time for summer).

--
The other thing I want to work on is reduce my stressors, in other words, I have a bunch of little problems that need my attention. While no life is 100% problem free, I would like to get my stress list to 3 or less items. A lot of of these problems could be solved with a week or two of effort, or in some cases a solid day. So, I'm just going to go tackle them one at a time.

--

I didn't do much on business this week as I was vacation-mode.

--

Continuing to read 7 habits, I got into habit 2 this week--and basically--the habit is just visualizing the end result of any goal (aka, a mission statement/plan). I won't go deep into this chapter, but I'll highlight some things I read that were thought-provoking:

1. "To begin with the end of mind means to start with a clear understanding of destination."

2. You can't [shouldn't] behave towards people that undermine their self-discipline or self-esteem. (I took this to mean that you need to hold people accountable for their actions, or lack of, while not attempting to humiliate or destroy their self-esteem through spiteful actions.)

3. It’s a principle that all things are created twice, but not all first creations are by conscious design. (I took this to mean is that you shouldn't follow other people's plans for you. You need to take the time to write down and understand what you want out of life and why.)

--

So, with the above in mind, the major things I'd like to accomplish this year are:

1. Finish my weight loss goal.
2. After goal 1 is done, get a new edgy + powerful looking wardrobe.
3. Reduce my stress/minor's problem list by at least half.
4. Double my income. (I did an end of the year accounting for myself. I didn't do as well as I had hoped financially over the last 12 months.)
5. Girl Goal (I'll get into this later this year, but there is a particular girl goal I have).

--
That is it for this week. Let us see what I can get accomplished.

--
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:00 pm

I don't think I agree with #2 and unless its specifically in context to how they interacted with you. If someone wants to lie to themselves and fail at their goals, it is really isn't any of my business unless they directly ask me for input. If we enter into some sort of agreement or social contract, and then they do the same thing and try to tell me their self lie; then by all means call them out.

For those stressors, I think you're right. I'd attack them starting from quickest to resolve. Having less things in motion provides stress relief on its own.
OJB

Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:55 pm

This week was a bit of a dud for me. I don't know why, but I was starved all week no matter how much I ate, and ate I did. I found it really hard to keep on the diet this week and kept gorging myself on carbs. Sadly, when I weighed myself, I was up +4.2 lbs. I'm not going to get upset about it. I'm just going to dust myself off and do better this week with my eating habits.

I will say, however, all my weight lifting number have gone up this week.

--

In terms of attacking my stressors/problem list: I did two things.

1. I scheduled for my truck to get taken in and have some repairs done. I've been putting this off because I just have not wanted to spend the money. But, I have to do it.

2. I got the V-shot. I thought long and hard about this, and basically it boiled down to do I lose this battle but win the war? Or fight this battle and suffer (and possibly still lose)? I don't even know what me 'winning the battle' exactly would have looked like in this situation.

--
Side-money stuff, I'm hoping to have major news on this next week.

--

I read another chapter from 7-habits, and this chapter was basically about managing your time (which I am NOT good at). I get distracted a lot and sometime have WAY too much on my plate. So There are two ways to handle to-do lists:

1. Schedule time for activities (I've been working on this. Bought a planner a few weeks ago where I plan out the next day the night before).
2. Delegate activities (This I don't really do, but I need to do it. I try to do WAY too much myself at work and really need to delegate responsibilities to other people.)

--

This week just meh for me. I'm hoping that next week I get better results.

Until then,

-OJB
OJB

Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:45 pm

A much better week,

Summary:

1. On the weight loss end, I kept to the diet this week and dropped -3.8 of the 4.2 lbs I gained. I weigh exactly 221 lbs. I will be honest, it feels like I've been the 220s for a long time, and I am anxious to break into the 210s. I am really pushing to do that by this coming up Friday.

For those who don't know, I eat a meat, fat, and green veggie diet only, and I do 3 sessions of weight lifting a week, and 1 session of movement based exercises (jumping exercises).

--

2. On terms of my stressors I am attempting to eliminate: So, I've been focused on repairing some neglect to my truck (by neglect, I was just broke in 2020 due to the virus, and it seemed like that was the year my truck decide to start having problems). Individually, none of the problems are that expensive to fix, but combined they do seem to add up. I got two of the problems, new brake lights and the brights' switch, fixed this week. I still have some other issues I need to resolve over the next 2 months.

--

3. Two months after buying Caleb Jones' business course, I finally launched the first episode of my Podcast on Youtube; I currently have 7 subscribers. It wasn't the prettiest of things, but I did it. Now, I just got to keep consistent and post a new episode each week. I didn't realize that two months had already passed since I bought the product--time can slip away quickly--but after I saw that 8 weeks had passed I thought to myself, "Enough time has passed to plan things out. Best if I launched now, even if ugly." And I so did.

--

4. Continuing to read 7 habit, I read one of the interlude chapters between the habits. In essence, the author discussed 6 things to do that can help build trust with other people:

1. Understand the individual you are dealing with. (I could do better with this.)
2. Keep commitments. (This is my strongest aspect).
3. Attending to the small things-- (I could do better with this.)
4. Clarify expectations (I really NEED to work on this).
5. Having personal integrity. (When reading this, I realized this aspect, or lack of, in others, is what makes me despise people the most. When people criticize, belittle, betray confidences, or gossip, I tend not to like these people.)
6. Apologize when mistakes are made (I feel like this not a problem for me. Doesn't society teach us to apologize even when no mistake was made?)

The best part, I thought, was his emphasis to build relationships with individual people, not groups.

--

5. I am meeting a friend today to breakfast. I try to meet a friend each weekend. The real reason I do this is because I can be--at times--a real social hermit and just hide myself from the world. So, I try to keep myself from doing that by doing something social each weekend.

--

That's all I have for this week.

I am really hoping to break into the 210s by next weekend.

Until then,

--OJB
OJB

Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm

Somewhat a busy week:

1. In regards to weight loss, I gained +0.6 lbs. I seem to have stagnated in the low 220s in terms of losing weight and am having a hard time breaking through into the 210s. This week I am going to adjust my diet slightly by eliminating any extra natural fats I've been including in my meals (this would be things like butter, sugar-less chocolate, avocado, etc.)

To be honest, I was surprised that I didn't lose any weight as I had to buy a new belt this week, and I kept to my diet (lots of kale and chicken). I'll just have to keep adjusting until the numbers start dropping again.

However, my weight lifting has been really solid this week. I've been gaining reps on 90% of my exercises and will be add about +5-10 lbs to each exercise after this week.

--

2. In regards to eliminating stressors: I've been going down my to-do list. Changed out my truck battery this week since it decided to die, so, nothing super major.

--

3. In regards to my YouTube Podcast, I released a new video this week and gained +2 subscribers ( 28% increase for me, lol).

--

4. In regards to reading 7 Habits, this weeks habit is dense, so I'll be taking two weeks to really reflect on and implementing this chapter before moving on. In essence, you are either competing with people or cooperating with people. The author suggests that a lot of the problems in life come from people competing against each other instead of cooperating (though he acknowledges that in life you do need to compete in certain situations.)

So he suggest that a lot of problems can be resolved by working towards some outcome where everyone benefits. (Win/Win is what he calls it). The author suggests that while this statement sounds like common sense, a lot of people actually fail at achieving it. He suggests on five steps to achieve, of which of the first two I'll be working on this week.

1. Build Character. This includes

Having integrity, which means sticking to your principle and values and not bitching out when they become inconvenient.

Having maturity, which is having the courage to go after what you want and take action while being considerate of other people.

Having an abundance mentality. (There is plenty of money, power, and women to be have.)

2. Building Relationships,

This is actually something Andy talked about in one of his Podcast (though worded differently), but in essence, the author suggests that you build relationships with the idea of transforming the person you are working with/in some type of relationship with for the better.

I think number 2, transforming relationships, is where I fail. I would submit most people have relationships because they want something, instead having a relationship to build something (I can admit that I am/have been like that with certain people in my life.)

--

The last major thing I did this week was go through my social media and just purge the fuck out of it. Recently, I've noticed that people have gotten a lot more toxic in their rhetoric and beliefs, so I decided it would be better to rid myself of such influences (which include some friends I've known for 10+ years). It was hard, but I just can't tolerate such negativity and hatred any longer.

--

That's all I have for this week. I hope that the changes to my diet starts yielding me results.

--OJB
OJB

Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:58 pm

Weekly Update.

1. In regards to weight loss, I lost 1.6 lbs this week, getting me to 220 exactly. This month has not been a great weight-loss month for me, and while I have made a bit of progression, it was not as much as I had hoped for. Regardless, I will keep pushing forward to the magical 200lbs I so desperately desire. Really, my diet was just trash this month--was it lack of discipline? Diet fatigue? Outside forces? Most likely a combination of all the above. I've never been a sugar addict, but I do love fried foods. Also, I do get tired of planning my week around my meals in order to lose weight (this seems to mentally fatigue me the most). Regardless, I only have 20 more lbs to go.

Weight-lifting went well this week. I'll be adding 5lbs to all my lifts this month. (I watched a video where someone suggested to try to improve your lifts by 5lbs per month. If you do this each month you will have added 60 lbs to your exercises in a year. Obviously this is a general statement, but I think it is a good goal to aim for.)

--

2. In regards to my Stressors-list, three things happened this week.

1. I got $1000.00 bill for my car insurance. After some consideration and negotiations, and I got it down to $650.00

2. Some dude was dodging me because I am owed $3,200.00, but I was finally able to get into contact with them and get everything resolved.

3. Work has been a little slow this month, but this week, I was invited to look at and bid a project in Denver Co. I will be flying out there later this week to look at said project.

--

3. In regards to my YouTube Podcast, I released my third video this week. I tried a suggestion to improve engagement. The suggestion was to title the episode in the form of a question. (Example: How to do X?). The video has gotten more views than my other videos, but the overall watch time is lower than my first video. Mostly likely, the biggest upgrades I can do is getting a better microphone and having more confidence in my speaking skills.

--

4. So in regards to 7 habits, I finished reading the second half of the Habit-4 chapter. In essence, he talks about creating systems for yourself, and other people you are delegating tasks to, in your professional and personal life. This is something that has been on my radar for a while now, and I've never been able to really grasp, design, and implement systems into my life (this is likely why my life feels chaotic is some aspects.) While no doubt I have been involved in other people's systems (isn't society just one big system that tries to get people to behave and act in certain ways in order to yield some type of result?) I've never been able to create my own.

He suggest you base your system around 'rewards' which he breaks into four categories:

1. Financial
2. Psychic
3. New opportunities
4. More power/responsibilities.

I really want to tackle this idea in my life (I've already a couple to-do things on my weekly list related to this). I am going to try to implement systems (more in business than personal) into my life over the next few months.

--

Well, onto February. Let's see what I can make happen this month.
OJB

Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:24 pm

Weekly Update:

A really solid week. Let's get into the details.

1. In regards to to weight loss, I finally broke through the 220s stagnation I've been in for the last 6 weeks and was able to lose 3.6 lbs this week, getting to me 216.4 lbs. The major change I've made to my diet is cutting out all the added natural fats (butter, sugar-less chocolate, avocado, olive oil ect.) Once I hit my desired weight (I'm guessing somewhere between 190-200 lbs) I will add these elements back in.

I've also bought a 36" waist pants that I don't fit yet but am aiming for. Really, according to this waist to height chart I read, my waist should be between 32"-34." Once I hit that marker I'll be the in 'healthy' range for my height.

Right now my game plan is this:

215 lbs: Take new progress pictures. (So hopefully in the next 2 weeks.)
210 lbs: Buy Mr. Radical's fashion guide and start making a to-buy list.
200 lbs: Take another round of progress pictures, get feedback on how much more weight I should aim to lose, and start buying stuff from my to-buy list.
185lbs-200lbs: Consider this goal accomplished and move onto other things, while making sure that I keep working out and being mindful of my diet for the rest of my life.

--

2. In terms of Stressors

A. Took a little effort, but I got my truck to pass its emissions test. There is still some repairs I still need to get done, but slowly I'm getting everything off my to-do list complete. Honestly, had 2020 not tanked my savings I might have just bought a new truck. After I buy everything for my new upgraded fashion/style I am going to go start saving heavily for a new vehicle.

B. I debated with myself if I wanted to share the following in this weeks log. I got my second V-shot last weekend, and I did not have a good reaction. While I understood there was a chance of me getting fatigued form the shot, and boy did I ever, I not predict the toll it would have on my mental fortitude. In other words, while shivering in bed, unable to sleep, I had some dark thoughts. However, by the end of the next day I felt 100% better and back to my normal self. At least I have this checked off my to-do list.

--

3. In terms of business, I released another podcast and got another subscriber. (Woot, I'm up to 10, lol). I think the goal this year will to be to just build an audience, and next year to see if I can monetize it.

Also, in terms of my day job, I created a questionnaire that I will be using on my up coming project in Denver. The questionnaire is more for presentational purposes than for information as I'd like to make this sale. Basically, what I'm doing, is I want to get the information from the customer about their needs and wanted outcomes for this project in a way that displays organization, understanding, and confidence. What most people do, and I would know because I've seen time after time, is they will bring a notepad, jot down 3-4 notes on a major project. I typed up 24 questions asking stuff from technical info to schedule and deadlines to the customer's preferred coffee (a tip I read and immediately implemented.)

I'll find out how well this work Monday when I fly out to Denver, Monday.

--

4. In regards to reading 7 habit, this week I read about habit number 5--Seek first to understand then to be understood. In essence, the author suggests that before you make your case, you need to understand where the other person is coming from. His suggestion is listen, then state the emotion you believe they are expressing and rephrase the content they just said to you in your own words. Once they agree that you understand what they are saying is when you present you idea, plead your case, etc.

That's pretty much it. I'm really going to try it and see what results/reactions I get from other people.

Another thing I've been doing, based off suggestion from this book, is every Friday I come up with a 20-25 weekly to-do list based off my goal sheet. While I would say I have 100ish major life goals, I've broken some of them apart and came up 22 goals for the next 2 years. Some of these goals are just "Get into the habit of doing X each week," while others have more measurements attached to them (Such as the weight loss goal). Either way, my weekly to-do list is based off these goals.

--

There was other stuff, but some of it was minor or outside the scope of this journal.

That's it for this week. Until next time.

-OJB
OJB

Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:47 pm

Weekly Update

--

Well, this was a solid week. Let's get into it.

1. In terms of weight loss, I lost another 1.8 lbs, getting myself to 214.6 lbs, which means pictures! I'll post them down below. Also, I dropped another pant size, going from 38" to 36" waist. The 36" are still somewhat uncomfortable to wear, but at least I know I am getting closer to that 200lbs/34" waist goal I have. In any sense, here are the pictures with comparisons.

265.4 lbs
265.4 (2).JPG
265.4.JPG
-

214.6 lbs
214b (1).JPG
214b (2).JPG
--

I do have another picture of me at my heaviest, 272.8, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. When I finally hit the end of this journey, I'll post all the pictures. But to give some context, I've lost 58.2 lbs all together.

So next, my plan is

210: Buy Radical's style book
205: Attempt to wear 34" pants (most likely will not fit).
200: Take new pictures. (I might push a little further and go for 192.8 lbs and just hit 80 lbs lost and be totally done).

--

2. I flew out to Denver this week to look at a month long project. I put the proposal together and will be sending it to the customer Monday morning. Hopefully I am awarded the project as it would be a great financial bump.

--

3. In terms of my Podcast, I released episode 5 and gained another subscriber.

--

4. In terms of 7-habits, this week I read about synergy. In essence, it is about working together with other people in order to achieve things you could not otherwise do. Pretty basic stuff, though, the part I liked most is where the author suggest you try to add more forces/activities/actions into your life that will yield you results while attempt to eliminate forces that hold you back.

--

I feel pretty good. I am excited that I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for my weight loss journey; though, I still have 21.8 lbs (that would get me to 80 lbs total lost) to go. I'm just a little short of entering the final quarter of this game.

--

Until next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by OJB on Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spider Jerusalem
Name: Spider
Goal: Get Big. Get Dangerous.
Motto: YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:31 pm

OJB wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:47 pm

I do have another picture of me at my heaviest, 272.8, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. When I finally hit the end of this journey, I'll post all the pictures. But to give some context, I've lost 58.2 lbs all together.
@OJB

Just wanna say Fantastic work.

You look great and this is a real achievement. Well on the way to your target and I like that you're looking to the future too when you discuss buying Radical's style guide - I think this will work wonders to keep you motivated as well as giving you something to visualise.

Real happy for you and you're a big an inspiration

Regards,

Spider 🕷
OJB

Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:26 pm

Weekly Update:

A bit of a mixed week, both good and bad. So let us get into it.

--

1. In terms of weight loss, I did not do so good this week. I have a bad habit to eat poorly when I'm under a lot of stress (we will get into the stress reasons in a bit.) I really shouldn't call this a habit because the stress hormone makes people hungry, but still, I didn't eat clean this week. As a result, I gained 10lbs this week. I don't believe I gained 10lbs of fat, but I have most likely retained a lot of liquid in my body. I'll have a better idea next week once everything gets flushed out of my system.

--

2. I noted that last week I went to Denver for a project I was asked to bid. Early in the week I was under a lot of stress because there are a good chance I was not going to get awarded the project, but as it turned out, I did receive the contract. It is a $55,000.00 project (no, not all the money goes into my pocket) so I was extremely happy to be awarded it. I started on the prep work yesterday, and will be in Denver Mid-March.

--

3. In Terms of my Podcast, I released Episode # 6.

--

4. In terms of 7 Habits, the 7th habit is really basic: You should exercise, learn/improve you skills, engage in spiritual practices (this was a little vague), and be social on a weekly basis. In other words, improve yourself bit by bit on a weekly basis to get the most out of the world.

After really thinking about it, social activity is/has always been my weakest aspect. I would say there are two reasons for this:

1. I have the mentality of just burying myself in whatever work project/hobby that has my attention for months on end.

2. While I prefer 1 on 1 conversations, I can't stand group conversations where people are talking over each other. I just become uninterested in situations like that and usually either just leave or go entertain myself elsewhere (giving my the vibe of not being social).

--

So, the first half of this week was not all that productive, though, Thursday and Friday seemed to be where everything came together.

Hopefully this next I'm able to stay on task with the diet and able to accomplish more tasks.

--

Until next week.
OJB

Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:28 pm

Weekly Update:

Hello, guys. Let's take a look at how I did this week.

1. So, on the diet end of things, I started this month at 220 lbs and ended at 216.4 lbs (-3.6 lbs). That is, on average, 0.9 lbs loss per week. Not great, but not terrible either. On average, I'd like to hit 1.1 lbs per week, but, like I said, I'm not that far off my target. With the winter finally coming to an end, I do look forward to being able to do more activities outside.

--

2. Work has become very busy, as I have 6 different projects I am involved with at the moment. One of the things I've started was typing up and printing to-do lists, vs. just hand-writing a list. I know it seems small, and maybe pointless, but I want to get into the habit of printing out To-Do list for each individual project so I have a strong understanding where I am, in terms of completion, on them at any given time.

--

3. In terms of my podcast, I released another episode and gained another subscriber.

--

4. I had to spend an unexpected $800.00 this week. I woke up Monday morning, and my truck wouldn't accelerate. In the last year, my truck has need a lot of repairs, and I did consider buying a new truck, but the inflation has driven truck/car costs in the U.S. high. Regardless, I'm going to start saving as I'll need a new one in like 2-4 years. While there are other things I'd like to buy, I know the needing of a replacement is coming, and likely sooner than later.

--

5. I have finished reading 7-habits. I've gained a lot of strategies and tactics in terms of dealing with personal development. Some of them I've been able to implement right away (I am using his time management system, currently.) Really, he breaks things into three you have to do:

1. Keep promises that you make (I'm really good with this).
2. Work with other people to overcome problems. (I am terrible with this).
3. Renew yourself physically, socially, spiritually, and mentally, (Socially, I am terrible with this.)

I'll be going over my notes I've taken over the last 2 months, and really try to put everything into use over the next month.

--

Last, based on 5:

I wrote out a list of things I need to do, or start doing. I have a list of 5 major things, two of which are hobby-based, so I won't go into them. The top three are:

1. Health--I want to go 14 days no carbs. Right now, I'd say my diet is 80% of the time good/20% not so good. I'd like to get it to 90%/10%. Trying to push to that sub-200lbs weight.
2. Truck problems--I wrote out a list of things to do involving this. Top of the list right now is pay my insurance for the year.
3. Marketing plan--At work, I'd like to get out of doing the physical work, and get more into marketing/sales side of things. So I'll be attempting to implement a marking plan with that end-goal in mind.

I'll be attacking these three things over the next month. Hopefully I can make a huge impact on them.

--

Until, next week.

-Ory James Berner
OJB

Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:07 pm

I didn't have an opportunity to do a new post last weekend, so here is an update for the last two weeks.

-
1. In regards to weight loss. The Last two weeks have been great. Here is what I've lost

a. Last week I dropped from 216.4 to 214 (-2.4 lbs)
b. This week I dropped from 214 to 211.6 (another -2.4 lbs)

So that is 4.8lbs in the last two weeks, however, I've noticed that my scale (digital) only does weight in .2s, meaning I never get an odd number (like 2.3). I'm not sure if it is a setting on the scale I accidentally turned on, or if it is just how the scale is set up. Regardless, in the last two weeks I've gotten my weight loss to 61.2 total lbs lost. This gets me into the final quarter of my weight loss journey. If I can get my weight to 192.8 then I would have lost 80 lbs, which I think would be a good place for me to call this goal accomplished and move onto something else.

While I don't have complete control over how much my body loses per week, if I could lose 1.6 lbs this week, that would get my weight to 210, hence, hitting another mile stone for me. I just have to stay strong on the diet and consistent on working on this week.

--

2. Work was very busy over the last two weeks, and only yesterday have I manged to get everything under control. I will be getting my Denver project finished soon at which point I am hopeful I can get another project lined up.

--

3. I received a notice today that my Land lord is planning on selling the place I am living at. This means it will be time for me to leave where I am at and go elsewhere. While I don't have any place lined up, and I going to have to start looking. This will most likely be the next obstacle I have to tackle once I get back from Denver. I've been kinda dreading this for awhile, but I will just have to make best with the situation I have going on. The reason I've been dreading this was that 2020 wiped me out on savings and put me into debt, and while I was able to get out of debt last year, (minus a few bills I have) I don't have any savings at the moment. This just puts me into a curious position.

--

4. So, I've been going through my list of life goals and I'm trying to come up with a list of two things: A list of problems preventing or impeding my goals, and a list of activities I can do more of that will eventually lead me into success of said goals. I've been tackling some of my problems and ignoring (or in some cases discovering) new problems, and there are some actives I need to just do more of in my life in order to yield certain results. For me, I find having a to-do list extremely helpful.

--

5. Last post I wrote there were three things I wanted to tackle, let me go over them.

a. I went 12/14 days with no carbs, but I have to say that it did show on the scale with me dropping 4.8 lbs in two weeks. I really need to keep pushing for these 14+ days of no carbs. The longer I go without break the better my weight loss will look. Plus, I don't want to stagnate on the weight loss because this is how I lose motivation and drive and just quit. Being so close to the end, I just need to finish this goal.

b. Truck Problems--I paid off my insurance for the whole year. This is a huge relief as I don't have to even think about this until 2023. The next thing I need to do is get an oil change. It might seem strange that I'm logging about this, but I'm a huge believer that most problems where once little problems that were just ignored until they became huge problems. I'm trying to get into the habit of killing problems while they in the crib vs. waiting until they Goliath size.

c. In terms of creating and implementing a marketing plan, I am working through 9-page marketing plan by Allan Dib. If I could successfully do this, it would be a life-changing. I'll likely log my progress for this via V-Log. (I bought a new microphone so I don't sound like I'm talking into a tin can anymore. )

--

That's all I have for this week. Until next weekend,

--OJB